Inferno (Mate Series #3)

By RamenLady

"You are mine, Natalya. I will show you over and over if I have to." ***** In a werewolf's life, you live you... More

Summary
Cast
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Author Update - Where is Leila?
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Epilogue
If I Stay
WHERE IS "IF I STAY"

Chapter 4

84.6K 4.5K 247
By RamenLady

A week has gone by and although Constantin still wore a wary look he seemed to have calmed down around her pack mates. Even if he denied it, the bond between them were blooming. She could feel it intensifying, flexing-almost mischievously, pulling them together.

There were days that Natalya will be working in the office and she could see the shadow of Constantin's feet outside the door. She would stop what she was doing and see what he would do only for him to walk away. It was mid week of the second week of her finding her mate that she finally found room to go outside and train a little.

The shipment to Alpha Viktor arrived successfully and she made sure to tie all ends of that deal. Somehow, she had a feeling her mate didn't like Alpha Viktor very much. She was feeling overprotective of what is hers she didn't want them to see each other again.

She walked onto the field and everyone's head perked up at the sight of their Alpha. A few fought harder to show off to their Alphas their skills; not to challenge her but to make her proud of them. She rubbed the tense muscles on her neck with her hands and stretched her upper body upon entering the training fields.

"So you have finally emerged from your office." Yulian joked.

"You know me more than anything. I would rather clean the manure in the cow stalls that we have than do office work." She mumbled her dislike.

Yulian laughed at her comparison. "Well if that is the case, I'll make the arrangement."

Natalya punched Yulian's arm in a friendly manner. He laughed some more before turning to everyone. He raised his hands up to stop everyone from what they were doing.

"Alright, listen up, the Alpha is here. Don't make me look stupid. No mistakes." Yulian ordered. Everyone chuckled before turning back to fighting again.

"So, want to fight me?" Yuiian asked.

Natalya's face lit up then. She needed to vent some frustration and stress; just the idea of fighting was enough to make her blood hum with excitement. Yulian grinned when he saw her reaction.

They fought each other for a little under an hour. At first it was just Natalya watching and playing defense. It only spurred Yulian on and he was intent on landing a hit.

When they were done fighting and Natalya was breathing hard from the work out. She finally broke the fight and moved to the table that had some small towels for them. She wiped the sweat from her face and around her neck before patting at the open skin on her chest above her tank top.

"That was what I needed." She said breathlessly.

Out from the corner of her eyes, she saw that Constantin was watching her from the top of the hill. His hands shoved into a new pair of jeans that was her brothers. A clean black t-shirt now replaced his explicit torso from early that morning when she left him again to deal with the inventory loss for their pack.

Losing that much weight in food means that Natalya had to make sure there was enough for everyone within her pack. She wasn't stupid. She knew there will be enough before she offered it but it also didn't mean she didn't take a huge loss of inventory.

However, none of that mattered. What mattered was she found him and an intense emotion blossomed inside of her. Her heart reacted by squeezing in her chest and she found it hard to breathe. His dark, intense, and unwavering gaze stared down at her. It made her feel every part of her skin come alive. Her wolf enjoyed her mate's appreciative attention.

Yulian got her attention back when he threw his dirty towel over her head. "Stare at him any more than that and I think everyone could feel the heat passing through you two."

She threw the dirty towel back at him along with her before she jogged up the hill towards Constantin. When she reached him she placed a hand above her eyes to shield them from the sun while gazing up at him. He looked down at her with that serious look again. She made a silent promise to make him smile one day.

"What are you doing here?" She asked.

You fight very well. He signed.

She grinned. "Thank you. My brother and father taught me how to fight."

I have a few tricks I want to show you; maybe you and I could train together. He said boldly.

Her grin grew. "I would love that. You know what my parents also taught me?"

He shook his head. She was walking them towards the woods and a frown appeared on his face. He trusted her enough to let her drag him into the woods. Part of it was because she was his mate but he also knew after living with her for a week in a half now that she hasn't once done anything to hurt him.

They appeared in front of a lake. She walked close to the edge where she went down on her knees and scooped up some water with her hands before splashing it gently on her face. She sighed in content as the cool water cooled her skin.

Before opening her eyes and pointing to the bridge that was a little ways to their left. He glanced over to where she was pointing.

"My father and brother are very good at building. It was also a skilled I picked up on. She leaned back and sat on the soft bed of green grass. Her eyes staring at the bridge before her and a distant look overcame her face. He walked up to her and sat next to her. Their thighs brushed against each other and just like that she blinked before glancing back at him.

"I like to do many things. I dreamt of becoming a well known artist-not the one that sings because I know I can't sing at all. My parents and brother will vouch for that. I love to paint, sculpt, and build. I like shaping my emotions into something physical." She gave him a little about herself each day and prayed he will open up once he was ready. She was eager to learn about the scar on his neck.

Then why don't you do that? He asked.

"I can't. I have too many things on my plate. I love everyone here and being an Alpha isn't exactly easy. I have the welfare of many people under me. My responsibility in earning us enough to be able to survive is vital." She explained.

I don't think you should give up on something you enjoy or like. He persisted.

She scoffed a little because the idea brought back a painful memory. "But you wanted to give me up."

His gaze darkened and something dark lurked behind those irises. You know why I want to give you up.

"No I don't. I was made for you and you just wanted to throw me away. You wanted to reject me." Hurt laced in her voice. She couldn't deny she was still feeling upset with him.

You don't understand. He signed faster into the air.

"You're right, Constantin. I don't. I don't understand why I felt the bond severed and then seeing you at the arena. I don't understand why you don't believe you deserve me. I don't care if you're mute or disabled. I only care that you are mine. Why can't you accept me?" She asked and the pain was clear in voice. He gave her a pained look and moved to cup her cheek but she pulled back.

"We live for years learning that our mate is the only one who would understand us and love us for who we are." She said.

Natalya, please listen.

"No." She shook her head and moved a few feet away from him. He growled his frustration and attempted to move closer to her but she needed space. Suddenly, all the hurt she was feeling from the pain of losing him. The things she did in those dark days came rushing back, throwing her off balance.

"I can't do this." She whispered in pain. "You think you are the only one who has his life all fucked up but you don't know what I went through."

Natalya, I didn't mean that. Please come here.

She shook her head and squeezed her eyes shut. Her fingers dug into the dirt to control the gut wrenching pain.

"I don't want to talk about anything right now. I just-this is not a good time. I need to be alone." Natalya spoke because she knew deep inside of her. The demons that lived in her soul was crawling back again. She harbored a lot of hate, anger, and pain in her body for so many years and to see Constantin was like seeing the light at the end of the dark tunnel but at the same time it was like a shadow.

Quickly, she stood up. Constantin's eyes widened in panic probably because he could see that she was going to flee any second now. He made an attempt to grab for her.

"I need to be alone." She said throw a tense tone before running, turning her back to him. He couldn't scream for her due to him being mute but she could hear his fast footsteps following her. He wasn't going to let her go.

Shortly after he tackled her down onto the ground and a growl elicited from him. He glared at her while she struggled underneath him. He pinned her hands above her head and locked her legs firmly in between his. This was the most intimate they have ever been. He brought his face down to hers to the point where his nose touched the tip of her nose.

"Let me go." She gritted out.

He shook his head, letting her know it will be a very long fight for him to give into her demands. She snarled and bared her teeth at him. The corner of his lips twitched before moving his face down to the crook of her neck where her pulse beats. He sniffed before licking the place where he was going to mark her. Her body shuddered underneath his soft lips and his warm breathed that danced on her neck lightly. It generated a heat between her legs that had her biting back a moan.

"Constantin." She whispered underneath him. The negative emotion from earlier was completely overcome with the fact that her mate's warm hard body pressed upon hers.

He leaned back enough to straddle her hips. He lifted his hands up in the air.

You are like a bundle of emotions that flies everywhere. I can't predict what your mood will be. I didn't mean to hurt you or make you feel the way you felt earlier. All I was saying was you should do what you love. I am not rejecting you, Natalya.

You are mine.

He eyed her with a dark possessive gaze that had her fighting back a tremor of pleasure. She liked that look on him. She liked that he wanted her. She liked the fact that he had just claimed and accepted her as his mate.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.8M 49.6K 19
"You know you can't resist me much longer." He continued to trail kisses down my neck and jaw. I bit my lip to keep a moan from escaping. "I am yo...
224K 3.3K 14
"Beautiful" He whispered, bringing his face in my neck as he inhaled my scent. "You are only for the two of us" Another pair of arms wrapped around b...
27.7M 632K 53
(Warning Mature Content) "You don't know how long i've been waiting for you to say that..." Sam groaned into the crook of my neck, his teeth grazing...
2.2M 54.4K 66
The day I turned 18 was supposed to be the happiest day of my life. The beginning of my future with my mate but it all turned to hell when I was reje...