✔ Cursed (Book One)

Bởi OneLovee_OneDream

Catalina Harte, never the most popular girl, although beautiful was never sought out by none of the guys, not... Xem Thêm

Cursed
Prologue
Dreams
Book
Sparks
Crimson Ball
Invitation
Chills
Lightning Love and other things
Step Down
Witness The Unseen
Angel Of Mine
(12) Hope
Warmth in the coldest days
Territorial
Racing Pulse
Untwisted Emotions
(19) Attack
What Now?
To be friends or not to be
Control your anger
Let me hold you'
Mother daughter time
Date
Sticky situation
Bickering
Red Head
Here I am
I will always be there
And She's Feisty
It was you
You are the answer

Faint

30.8K 577 23
Bởi OneLovee_OneDream

Copyright © 2012 OneLove_OneDream

All Rights Reserved.

~*~*~*~

When the final bell rang, I made my way towards my locker. I had to get my books and I was sort of hoping that Candle would forget about the whole inviting me over. It's not that I didn't want to be her friend, but I was kind of scared of her brothers, especially John and Trevor.

I turned my lock and it clicked open. I remember when I use to hate these locks. When I was a freshmen and I knew we had to use locks I panicked because I thought I wouldn't be able to open my locker and I would look like a total freshmen.

I slammed the locker shut, I turned to leave and was startled when in front of me was Joey. Joey my long time crush since I was ten. My crush had developed over the years, but I had begun to like him because he had been nice to me when everyone else wasn't.

Though that changed after some of my fellow students thought it would be funny to corner me in the hallway of my eight grade year with candles and lighters. I screamed bloody murder and I screamed for Joey to help me. But being of that age it was embarrassing for a girl to scream for your help.

After he found out I liked it, he wasn't so nice to me. Although he wasn't so mean, but he just found it satisfying seeing my face expression as he was with another girl.

He grinned down at me, "Hey Catalina how you doing?"

I was frozen into shock. I didn't know what to do or say. He had never spoken to me other than move out of my way.

"I uh I'm good..." I stuttered.

He smirked at my shyness. His hand touched my cheek. I closed my eyes and shivered with pleasure. It was a dream come true for him to be able to touch me. I had never felt him touch me, so excuse me if I melted into his touch.

A clear of a throat broke us away from the trance. I turned my head to see Trevor leaning on the wall a look of defiance on his face.

"I would appreaciate if you didn't keep my sister waiting," he said.

His tone was cold and emotionless a long with his face. He seemed to be looking pass me not even really talking to me. his eyes averted towards Joey, he glared at him and chuckled shaking his head.

"Would you hurry? I don't like my sister waiting outside for someone that isn't quite worth it," he spat out angrlily.

For some weird reason it caused my heart to clutch at the way he said I was not worth it. I felt the overwhelm sensation of crying. I held it in though, I wasn't about to cry in front of Joey and I wasn't going to cry in front of Trevor and let him have the satisfaction of seeing his words hurt.

"Maybe she shouldn't be waiting for me. I don't even want to go to your house," I spat out angrily. I looked at Joey, who seemed a bit lost.

"I have to go," I said.

I turned on my heel and walked the opposite way of Trevor, but I didn't make it far before a hand grasp my elbow rather tightly.

"You are not going anywhere. You must go to my house because you promise my sister."

Trevor's voice was hard and angry. I turned my head and saw his eyes. they were no longer grey but black, jet black. A flashback of my dream I let out a shiver of unpleasureness.

Yanking my hand away, I glowered at him. "Don't touch me like that. You have no right to tell me where I should go. If I don't want to go to your house then I won't go!" I spat.

"Hey man just leave her alone," said an angry Joey.

It was cute how he tried to defend me. he had never let that happen. My heart pounded in admiration. Was he really defending me? Maybe he had grown to have some type of feelings for me. as soon as I thought that, I let it go because I knew it couldn't be true.

Trevor eyes darted to Joey, "You stay out of this boy. This has nothing to do with you," snarled Trevor.

Boy?

Yeah perhaps compared to Trevor, Joey did look like a boy, but who now a day's called another guy a boy?

He then turned to me; he stepped closer to me until he was inches away from my face. For some reason, I was unable to move his eyes were hypnotic and I couldn't look away.

A bead of sheer dread slid down my spine as he traced his finger along my throat. The action caused me to fear for my life, yet I didn't move. Why? Maybe because as scared as I was, I knew I wouldn't be harm.

"You shall do exactly as I say," he whispered.

I shut my eyes and nodded; reopening them I saw nothing but him as I walked along side. I was able to hear Joey calling after me, but I paid no attention to him. something felt wrong, very wrong.

"Hey!" I shook my head as I saw Candle waving at us, smiling.

Trevor grumbled something, pushing me towards Candle. I blinked a couple of times, taking in my surrounding.

"I thought you weren't going to come, come on let's go," said an over excited Candle.

I nodded and climbed into the car without hesitating.

~

"Can I go to the restroom?"

I couldn't handle being in this house. It was nice, but the memory of being the one who found the dead body of Jason. I felt as if my blood has rushed out of my face as we passed the spot I had found him.

There was no blood stain, it looked as if it hadn't been trenched in blood some day's before. As if no one had laid there dead, but I knew better.

"Yes, go straight, the third door to your left," said Austin.

I nodded curtly, making my way up the stairs.

As soon as I stepped into the bathroom, I slid down the door.

I began to breath harder, I knew I was having a panic attack. Carefully, I took out the book I had found here many years ago. I had planned to give it back to them, maybe they would want it, after all it probably belonged to someone from here, who had an imagination.

I opened it carefully and read

Roosevelt California, 1703

Blood! My neeed for blood grows...Father had said this is how it would be as soon as I hit puberty. I had questioned him why? Why hadn't I felt this way when I was younger? He simply smiled saying, one does not feed at such a young age as we need to feed as we get older.

I thought he was crazy. I rather die than do the sinful act I had a year before, but lately animal blood is not enough. My brothers and sister beg me to feed with them. They see how weak I am, but I do not, I dare not.

I turned the page. My breathing began to slow down a bit.

Roosevelt California, 1710

BLOOD! My need for human blood grows. I have no control over this constant craving, this constant need. It is as much a part of me as my thoughts.

My family continues to increase. I feel a deep sadness of the young one's they have no idea about what they were born into. The curse we have.

I see other vampires, surrounding me, some who aren't part of my family, but yet they seem to be drawn to where we live, to us, to me.

When I look at them I see what I am. And I cannot bear what I see. I cannot bear the fact that I am a monster. Father says I am not, but I do not see it otherwise.

Tonight I stalked through the woods. Alone. Always alone. My body hungered for blood. My stomach ached with the need to feed. My mouth was parched and I knew no amout of water or animal blood would be able to quench my thirst.

Only human blood would satify me.

Warm, rich blood-bright, red and fresh-flowing from the body of my victim.

As I was saying today I stalked through the woods.

As I walked, I heard the rustle of dried leaves and twigs. I halted and crouched low, waiting for my prey. I could smell the blood that pulsed just below the surface of its flesh.

I saw my prey scurry in front of me. With lightning speed, I snatched up the wood rat, I heard its hysterical squeal just before I dug my fangs into its furry throat.

The animal kicked and struggled as I drank its precious limited blood. Then it went limp. I tossed it aside and wiped the back of my hand across my mouth.

My hunger was sated, but the meal sickened me.

I threw back my head and roared out my anger and my grief. I need blood to survive yet I cannot bring myself to kill a human for it, not again. so I doom myself to seeking out the lowliest creatures, animals whose scent and taste disgust me.

I heard taunting laughter echo around me Madison stepped forward with a blonde girl by her side. A smirk on her pale skin, the sight of her sickened me.

"Why can you not bring yourself to kill a human? Why can you not step into what you are?"

My eyes glanced towards the girl next to her. She seemed to be under a daze, I froze as I realized she was a human.

"Go on do it," she pushed the girl towards me.

I stepped away, "Get away from me!" I growled.

At the sound of my voice the girl seemed to snap out of it. She looked at me into my eyes. The color of her eyes stuck me. They were blue like the girl I had sucked the life out of many years ago.

Madison stepped forwards and with quickness she slid her nail along the girl's neck. She winced in pain, but did not cry out.

Blood seeped from her neck. Red, crimson and delicious, I focused on nothing else but her neck.

"Go ahead take it, you know you want to. it is so much richer, so much sweeter. Human blood will give you strength and power, unlike anything you can imagine."

I licked my lips, my eyes fixed on the girls neck, I advanced towards her.

Grabbing her, I sank my fangs into her neck. Warm. Engaging. A steady stream of warm, sweet sustenance.

"That's it drink up," Madison whispered.

I heard her small groans and moans. I felt her go limp in my arms. I could take her life. Angrily I pushed myself away from the girl, tossing her aside as gently as I could.

I grabbed Madison by the neck lifting her up, "Don't you dare do that to me again!" I threw her across the woods and walked away.

I looked up to the sky and saw the first brightest star, I smiled to myself for a memory came to mind. When I was a child and Maddie was still alive, we had begun to speak to each other little by little. I was thrilled. As we talked more and more she told me, "If one day I am not here, look up to the brightest star and that shall be me."

"Maddie."

I often thought back to the words her Mother had told my Father.

"I hope you are satisfied, you have killed your son's true love!"

I never understood that meaning. But I understood clearly on the fact that our family was beyond cursed, cursed in the level of love.

With a deep frustrating sigh I walked on back home I would not murder anyone tonight.

~

I didn't know I was crying until I saw the page being soaked. I had read this book so many times, yet it always got to me. Because I knew he gave into his cravings. The guy in this story later couldn't resist it no longer, though I was actually surprise and a bit proud he held on for so long.

I stood up feeling my legs shaky and wobbly. I couldn't hide here for so long. I opened the door, slowly and collapsed with something hard. My eyes traveled up and I groan inwardly.

Trevor.

His eyes harden as he took in the book in my hand. "What are you doing with that?" he roared.

I must admit I was taken aback by his reaction. I stepped back frighten. My heart was fluttering like a humming bird. I felt as if I was sweating so much. My legs felt that in any minute they would give out.

"I uh I..."

He reached out and yanked the book out of my hand, "Give me this," he growled.

He turned to leave.

"Trevor..." I whispered.

I held onto the door frame. Cold sweats over took me. My vision began to blur and my heart felt as if it had gone weaker and quieter.

Trevor turned to look at me. I saw as he dropped the book and in a second he was next to me lifting me up as my body gave out and I crashed into a dark slumber.

---

sorry for the long wait and any mistakes this might have, but I do hope you enjoy this chapter(: Dont forget to vote, comment and fan(:

Please Fan so I can dedicate a chapter to you(:

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

1.5K 189 19
Harley O'Heir has always been different. First of all, she was named after a comic book villain her mom loved, second she has dark purple eyes, and t...
41.1K 1K 10
Love comes in all kinds of forms; genuine, twisted, unconditional, and pure. Jedidiah Sawyer had never experienced love in any way, shape, or form. H...
5K 95 18
This is a Devie book. just because. Evie tends to get carried away with things, but when it gets way to far she packs up leaving behind everything, M...
1.3K 61 19
"i'm scared, I'm scared that if I stay by your side for one more second I'll fall for you." THE DARE THAT RUINED HER LIFE ✓ I stare into his eyes a...