Angel City's Most Wanted: A T...

By After_Hours_Writer

Gunslinger, criminal, terrorist. These are just a few names to describe him. A young pilot and his Legion cla... More

One Last Crime
An Odd Encounter
One Thing Leads to Another
Enlistment
A Beacon of Hope
First Night
Emerald Forest Pt. 1
Emerald Forest Pt. 2
First Night
Leadership
Faunus Lessons
Forever Fall

Allies

7.1K 90 152
By After_Hours_Writer

Krieg's POV

Looking at the young man reminded me of the people of Angel City. Locked inside like a prison underneath our care, they would harass us during our shift and do whatever it took to make our duty a living hell. Looking back on it, I probably deserved it, but this young woman didn't deserve the treatment she's been given. At least as far as I know.

Cardin: I see Beacon's local delinquent has a death wish.

I looked behind me, only to see a white wall before turning back to him.

Krieg: Hmm? You must be talking about yourself, cause I don't see a mirror anywhere.

I noticed the man growl with anger.

Hmm. Sensitive type.

???: Beat him to a pulp Cardin!

Krieg: Geez.

He began to smirk.

Krieg: And all this time I thought Weiss had a massive ego.

Weiss: Hey!

And it's gone.

Krieg: What's your problem with her?

Cardin: Velvet? She's just another faunus.

Krieg: And? What's your point?

Cardin: She's an animal!

Krieg: For real? We're all animals, dumbass!

Cardin: Hngh! Ah!

Pressing a button on the wrist, I phased out as his mace hit my chair. A bit pissed off, I walked behind his previous location, injected 100cc of stim, and grabbed a gravity star, waiting. Phasing back in, I tossed a star in front of myself, pulling his friends into its blast range. Making a fist, I turned and decked the man as hard as I could in the face, surprisingly only knocking him out cold instead of severely injuring him.

As I looked among the crowd, I noticed a mix of emotions. Ruby, Pyrrha, Ren, and Blake showed shock, Yang and Nora showed excitement, Weiss disgust, and Jaune fear. Looking back down at the man, I rolled my eyes.

Krieg: It shouldn't matter who or what they are, they're still your ally. They need your support as much as you need theirs.

Cardin: Ah.......ow.

Krieg: Your prejudice can cost you your life out in the battlefield Cardin. Remember that.

Cardin: I'm.....not done...... with you.

Krieg: Yeah. We are.

I headed back out to the hangar and got ready for class.

Hopefully, I'll actually learn something from this.

Timeskip brought to you by RWBY Chibi: Krieg notices his suit is just a bit off today.

Krieg: Okay, who the hell did this?

Beacon Classroom...

The professor of this classroom actually taught us something, though it was in a way that a crack addict would. Although he sped through the lesson at hand, I managed to understand it all.

Oobleck: Yes! Yes, prior to the Faunus Rights Revolution, more popularly known as the Faunus War, humankind was quite adamant about centralizing Faunus population in Menagerie. Now! While this must feel like ancient history to many of you, it is imperative to remember that these are relatively recent events! Why, the repercussions of the uprising can still be seen to this day!

That would explain Cardin.

Oobleck: Now! Have any among you been subjugated or discriminated because of your Faunus heritage?

Looking around, a few hands were raised up. The rabbit girl herself joined them.

Oobleck: Dreadful, simply dreadful! Remember, students, it is precisely this kind of ignorance that breeds violence! I mean, I mean, I mean just look at what happened to the White Fang!

White Fang?

Oobleck: Now, which one of you young scholars can tell me what many theorize to be the turning point in the third year of the War?

Weiss: The Battle at Fort Castle.

Oobleck: Precisely! And, who can tell me the advantage the Faunus had over General Lagune's forces?

Jaune: Hey!

I looked over to see a tired Jaune. Cardin's snickering behind him.

Oobleck: Mr. Arc! Finally contributing to class! This is excellent! Excellent! What is the answer?

Jaune: Uhh. The advantage the Faunus had....

He looked at me for a hint of the answer. I began thinking to myself as I looked at him with anger.

Do I look like I know the fucking answer?

Jaune: Over that guy's stuff....uhh.....Binoculars!

Oobleck: Very funny, Mr. Arc! Cardin! Perhaps you would care to share your thoughts on the subject!

Cardin: Well, I know it's a lot easier to train an animal than a soldier.

Krieg: Judging by your remark, I bet the animal did a lot more than you.

Pyrrha: You're not the most open minded individual, are you?

Cardin: What? You have a problem?

Pyrrha: No, I have the answer! It's night vision. Many Faunus are known to have nearly-perfect sight in the dark.

Interesting.

Blake: General Lagune was inexperienced, and made the mistake of trying to ambush the Faunus in their sleep. His massive army was outmatched, and the general was captured. Perhaps if he'd paid attention in class, he wouldn't have been remembered as such a failure.

Noticing the man growl and standing up with his fists clenched, I too stood up. Grabbing a concealed Wingman from under the desk, I aimed it at his face.

Krieg: I'm really getting tired of your shit pal.

Oobleck: Mr. Winchester and Mr. Ivanov! Please take your seats! And do put the gun away.

Sitting back down, I placed the weapon back under the desk. Then an idea dawned on me.

Oobleck: Mr. Winchester, you and Mr. Arc will stay after class for additional readings.

Jaune: Ohhhhh.

Timeskip brought to you by RWBY Chibi: The whole gang wonders through Vale.

Hangar...

Approaching the side door to the hangar, I could hear a familiar voice through the other side.

Ruby: What's this!?

Oh God, no.

Yang: I like mine better.

Opening the door, I saw Ruby, Yang, and Weiss wondering through the weapons vault behind Morior. The Titan waves at me as I walked by.

Morior: HELLO PILOT...

Krieg: Hey. What's uhh. Going on here?

Ruby was drooling over the vast amount of weaponry as the other two tried to call her down.

Yang: We're just browsing.

Weiss: No. We were forced to come here by our dear leader.

Krieg: Where's Blake?

Yang: Why? Miss her already?

The fuck?

Krieg: No. I assumed she would be with you three.

Ruby: Oh. She's in a small room browsing around.

Krieg: Oh. Okay then.

I entered the small room that was my bedroom to see her sitting on the edge of the bed, one of my books in her hands.

Krieg: Uhh.

Her bow twitched as she looked up at me, her yellow eyes staring into my soul.

Blake: Oh. Hello Krieg.

Krieg: Hey.

Noticing the suit beside her, I grabbed the suit and began opening it up.

Krieg: So what are you doing here?

Blake: Ruby wanted to come in here, so I joined her.

Krieg: I'm guessing she came for the Titan.

Blake: Yeah.

I began unbuttoning the school shirt, ready to change into the pilot's suit when I noticed her confused expression.

Krieg: What?

Blake: You're just gonna change in here?

Krieg: Sure as hell ain't changing out there with them hounding me.

Blake: Oh.

Krieg: Do you have a problem with that, or?

Blake: No. I just...

Krieg: Uncomfortable?

Blake: Not that, I'm just....not used to it.

???

I stopped and put the school shirt back on.

Blake: I wanted to thank you.

Krieg: For?

Blake: What you did for Velvet today.

Krieg: Oh? You're welcome?

Blake: Not a lot of people like having faunuses walking around with humans, let alone stand up for one.

Krieg: Do a lot of people treat them like that?

Blake: Unfortunately, yes.

I noticed a hint of sadness to her voice.

Geez.

Krieg: I don't really see what makes them any different than a normal person. It seems like in this crazy place, everyone should be on the same side.

Blake: But it's not the case.

Krieg: I wish it was.

Blake: You know, that means a lot to hear that from you.

Krieg: It really shouldn't.

Looking around nervously, I changed the subject.

Krieg: You're still reading that book?

Then Her face turned a bright pink.

Blake: Oh umm. Yeah.

I tried to take a peek at it. Her face turning more and more red by the second.

Krieg: What?

Blake: What are you doing?

Krieg: Well, I'm trying to read but the lady won't let me.

Blake: You...like the book?

Krieg: I don't mind it. I just don't want to see the naked men in it.

Blake: Yeah. We can skip the pictures as long as you tell no one about this.

Krieg: Who's going to know. Ruby?

Blake:....Fair point.

Slowly relaxing, we laid beside one another, reading the book together in peace.....well.

Ruby: Oh my gosh!

As close to peace as we could.

Several Light Years Away....
IMS Tundra...
3rd Person POV...

???: So this is where the ship headed?

???: In that general direction, yes sir.

???: Contact the Apex Predators, we have an assignment for them.

WANTED:
FIRST LIEUTENANT KRIEG 'PHONEIX' IVANOV
25,000,000 DEAD
50,000,000 ALIVE

???: This is Blisk, you called?

???: We have something for you. A big one.

Blisk: Angel City's most wanted. Just him?

???: Yes.

Blisk: Pfft. Consider it easy money Marder.

Marder: It better be Kuben. It better.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

102 0 8
Welcome to Remnant. A world ravaged by evil and monsters with the soul purpose to kill anyone or anything, but not all hope is lost, as a new generat...
12.5K 397 63
A young hero, an exalted heiress, a troubled rogue, a party girl, and a knight. These are the five members of RWBY, a team brought together and train...
61K 543 12
You already know what this is about! Watch as Team RWBY and JNPR Watch the many lives of Jaune through the Multiverse!
13.5K 237 14
When tragedy befell Kai Blaze as a boy in the mystical world of Remnant, all he wanted was to get stronger, so no one would experience the same loss...