Old Friends, New Beginnings |...

By mayaxwriter

PETER PARKER FANFIC **** Peter Parker has been your best friend since you were young and you both are crushe... More

Part 1 - Kids (Prologue)
Part 2 - Back to Queens
Part 3 - Hey Parker...
Part 4 - Just Friends...
Part 5 - Spider-Boy
Part 6 - Web Fluid
Part 7 - Night Talk
Part 8 - Homecoming Tears
Part 9 - Cloud Nine
Part 10 - Homecoming Game
Part 11 - Dinner Butterflies
Part 12 - "You look perfect tonight"
Part 13 - Airport Meetings
Part 14 - Just Leave...
Part 15 - I Missed You
Part 16 - Gemini
Part 17 - Tony Stark
Part 18 - Mind Messages
Part 19 - Elise
Part 20 - The Gift
Part 21 - Burns
Part 22 - Partners
Part 23 - Banks and Secrets
Part 24 - The New Guy
Part 25 - Birthday Surprises (Part 1)
Part 26 - Birthday Surprises (Part 2)
Part 27 - Questions
Part 28 - Goodbyes and Lies
Part 29 - Drunk from Love
Part 30 - Forget
Part 32 - Thoughts
Part 33 - Confession
Part 34 - Back Again
Part 35 - Work Lies
Part 36 - Dad
Part 37 - Dinner
Part 38 - Discovery
Part 39 - Consequences
Part 40 - Delmar's
Part 41 - Job Offer
Part 42 - Bottom Bunk
Part 43 - The Ticket
Part 44 - The Call
Part 45 - MJ
Part 46 - Explanation
Part 47 - A Walk
Part 48 - After School
Part 49 - Mom
Part 50 - Reassurance
Part 51 - Meeting
Part 52 - Hero Talks
Part 53 - Safe
Part 54 - Dress
Part 55 - The Last Night
Author's Note & Sequel Tease

Part 31 - Ember

4.9K 145 154
By mayaxwriter

Your POV:

Liam and I left my house to go to the store to get some stuff. I was still wearing my outfit from last night and my makeup was smeared but I didn't have time to fix it.

"OK, so let's go to that clothing store on 4th street," Liam said.

I nodded and looked off to a tree and I could have sworn I saw Peter in the distance walking away.

Wow, I must be hung over I'm starting to see things. I pushed Peter out of my mind and followed Liam into the city.

We reached the general store and that when I asked, "Why are we here?"

He looked at me, "Cause we need to get you some stuff."

He headed to the clothing section, greeting a worker as he passed by.

"You can't go out in your Gemini costume if you're going to be working with me. And if we're both going to be selling these weapons, we don't want people to know our identities."

"So what, we're buying a new outfit for when we sell weapons?"

"Exactly!" He looks through racks of clothes.

He picks out a black tank top crop top, a black leather jacket, and black leggings. He hands me all the clothes and then heads to the shoe aisle.

"This is your "suit" for me?" I ask glancing at everything that he just handed me. 

"I know it's not as good as Tony Stark's suit but it will look pretty hot and badass on you," He said shyly. 

I smile and join him in the shoe aisle. We glance over many shoes until I find a pair of black knee-high boots with a small heal. If you're committing a crime, no reason you can't look cute, right?

Finally, we headed to the costume aisle and we found a cute black masquerade mask that I could use to try and hide my identity. Liam picked out some things for himself including a plain black mask for him to do the same. 

We walked to the register with several people giving us weird glances at our purchase. 

"Y/N?" I hear a voice call me. 

I turn around to come face to face with Aunt May, "Oh, May, hi," I said awkwardly. 

Liam sets his stuff down at the cash register and then comes to grab my stuff out of my arms and sets it down as well. 

"I heard about you and Peter, I'm so sorry honey," She gives me a sad look and I give a small smile. 

"He came home drunk last night, but I could tell this morning he was missing you," Her eyes then turn to Liam, "Oh, hello,"

I snap out of my thought and introduce them, "Oh sorry, May this is Liam, my friend. Liam this is Peter's Aunt May." 

He gives her a smile and she smiles back, "Well I should get going, but it was nice seeing you Y/N and I hope to see you around the house again soon." She begins to walk off but turns around, "Nice meeting you Liam!" 

He waves and I exhale loudly. While she was there I felt like I couldn't breathe. I've known her all my life but for some reason, I felt so nervous around her today. I shake off the thought. 

"Let's pay and get going," I tell Liam and walk up to the register. 

He gives me a smirk, "Yes ma'am." 

Peter's POV:

I hear the door open, "Pete, I'm home." 

"OK," I reply weakly. 

I decided to not tell May that I went out to go see Y/N. My head was still pounding but all I was thinking about was Y/N and how happy she looked with Liam. We just broke up and she's already clinging onto Liam. I shouldn't have broken up with her. 

"Guess who I saw at the store?" Aunt May asks as she walks in with an ice pack. 

She places it on my forehead, "Who?" I ask. 

"Y/N!" 

My head instantly pounds more, "oh," 

"She was there with a boy named Liam, he's pretty cute." She said, "Do you know him?" 

"Yeah I do," I reply. 

She studied me for a moment, "I brought up the breakup. Y/N seemed sad." 

"Why did you bring it up?" I groan. 

"Peter, she's been your friend all your life. She like the daughter I never had, of course, I'm going to ask her about her life. Especially if my nephew broke up with her last night and he won't tell me what happened,"

I groan again and May rolls her eyes playfully and walks out. 

Your POV: 

"So wait, what are we doing tonight?" I ask Liam as I zip up my boots. We were getting ready to head out for something. 

"We're going to sell some weapons. I have a guy I'm meeting and I need your help." He smiles. 

"My help for what?" I asked. 

"I'll make him a deal and if he doesn't like it you can scare him with your powers." 

"So if he causes trouble I can blast him with my powers?" for some reason I get all excited. 

My excitement stops, "but what if Spider-Man shows up? He knows my powers, so he'll know it's me." 

Liam thinks for a moment, "Just use your fire powers. They're your strongest, right?" 

I nod and take a breath, I am very worried. Should I be doing this? I went from a superhero to a criminal. 

Forget Peter, Forget Gemini that thought rang through my mind. 

"Let's go," I tell Liam as I put my mask on.

Peter's POV:

I was putting my suit on when I heard a loud noise outside. I looked out my window and saw fire in the distance. But as quickly as I saw it, it disappeared. 

I opened my window and put my mask on and crawled out. I made my way downtown trying to find where the fire came from. 

BOOM 

The fire appeared and disappeared down the alley near Mr. Delmar's. Slowly and quietly I crawled up a building and to the roof. I swung until I got to the alley and looked down on the people there. 

There was a man, older, he had dark scruffy hair and a beard. He was talking loudly to the people on the other side of him. 

The other two people looked around my age. A boy and girl. The boy had a black jacket on, black jeans and a mask on. He had a black beanie that covered his hair but it looked like it was brown. Then I studied the girl. 

She was wearing a black crop top with a black leather jacket over it. She had black leggings and black knee-high boots. She too was wearing a mask and her hair was in a messy side braid. 

I drop down lower to hear better. 

"Alright, 550 or no deal," The older man said. 

The boy held up his hands, "Listen, buddy, this may not be the best weapon out there but it's worth 600 at least." 

"No deal," 

The boy looked back at the girl and nodded. She slowly lifted up her hand and a fireball formed in it. 

Damn, I know that's not Y/N, she would never do this. So someone else has pyrokinesis. I thought to myself. 

I decided to take action and I dropped down next to the man. 

"Listen, guys, it's a school night and I'm tired so let's get this over with," I shot a web at the man and webbed him up against the wall. Then I turned to the other people. 

The boy had the weapon pointed at me and the girl had both of her hands pointed at me with fireballs in each. 

I stood there looking at both of them, and almost got hit when the girl shot one of the fireballs at me. 

"What the hell?" I asked. 

"You were staring like an idiot," She replied. 

I tried hitting her with a web but she quickly jumped out of the way. 

"Let's go," the boy said and he began to run away. 

The girl shot one last fireball at me before following behind him. 

"Who the hell are you guys?" I called after them. 

The girl looked back at me, "I don't know about him, but you can call me Ember." 

She quickly ran away again. Ember? I thought to myself. 

I leave and do the rest of my nightly patrol. But I was worried about those two. Now they're selling these weapons to people. 

I know one of their names, I just need to find her again, and maybe I can find out who she is. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7K 6 68
just a fanfic about Thomas Holland
102K 2.9K 41
Y/N Stark... Daughter of the famous Tony Stark that everyone knows as Iron Man. Y/N hid a secret from the world. The fact that she have ability beyo...
26.4K 786 53
Nora Reynolds didn't ask anyone to save her. And yet, Tony Stark seems to be intent on doing so anyways, becoming her legal guardian after her father...
178K 4.6K 23
You are a young 18 years old girl, in your last year of high school. Because of your father's work, you constantly had to move to other cities and ch...