Not So Perfect// Why Don't We...

By Theproudfam22

After working incredibly hard to get out of the projects in D.C., 18 year old Leilani moves to L.A. with Loga... More

1// The Move
2//
3//
4//
5//
6//
7//
8//
9//
10//
11//
12//
13//
14//
15//
16//
17//
18//
19//
20//
21//
22//
23//
24//
25//
26//
27//
28//
29//
30//
31//
32//
33//
34//
35//
36//
37//
39//
40//
41//
42//
43//
44//
45//
46//
47//
48//
49//
THATS IT!

38//

87 1 0
By Theproudfam22

Leilani woke up the next morning with her head laying on Zion's bare chest. She sat up and got out of bed quietly so she didn't wake him.

She did her morning routine: brushed her teeth, fixed her hair and did her own personal care needs for that time of the month.

Zion woke up a few moments later to find himself alone in bed. Leilani went into her closet to pick out an outfit for the day.

She pulled her hair into a bun and put on a gray tube top with her red and black Nike hoodie on top of it and black jeans. She put on her black shoes and her many accessories.

She made her way over to the left side of the bed and bent over to kiss her lover on the cheek. They both smiled at each other before Zion sat up to get ready. Elom's flight should be landing soon so they had to be ready to greet the boy as soon as he got to baggage claim.

Zion threw on his white hockey jersey, navy blue adidas pants and adidas shell toe shoes with a grey beanie.

"You ready babe?" Leilani asked the boy. "Yeah." He replied, looking up from tying his shoe. He admired the girl standing by the door to her bedroom. "What?" She smiled. "You're so precious." He smiled back. Her only response was to hide her smile by turning around. He walked over to her and pressed his body against hers. He wrapped his arms around her torso. "What was that?" He asked, addressing her turning away. "I didn't want you to see me blushing." She admitted. "I've never seen you blush before." He said. "No one has. There's really nothing to see it's just a really squinty smile and my cheeks get hot. They don't turn pink or anything." She explained. "I want to see it." He said. "Let's go." She said, turning the bedroom door to open it. He moved his hand from around his lover to the door to close it. "Turn around." He demanded softly. She slowly turned around to face the boy who's smile never left his face making her smile almost as hard as she was when she was blushing. She buried her face in his chest. He lifted her chin, bringing his lips to hers. He continued to kiss the girl who didn't deflect any of the movements made. He stuck his tongue in her mouth which turned the heat up on the whole thing that started as an innocent kiss. Before she got carried away, she interrupted their moment by pulling her face away. "We have to get Elom." She looked away, walking out the door a moment after. He followed close behind her down the stairs then out the house. "Are you okay?" He asked as he fastened his seat belt. "I'm fine." She said, turning on the engine. "No you're not. What's wrong, baby? You can tell me anything." His face dropped. "I'm fine, babe. I'm just not in the mood to do anything." She stated. "Do you want me to drive?" He asked. She looked at him, pain prominent on her face. "Hey, what's wrong baby?" He pulled her into a hug. "Cramps." She whispered into his shoulder. "Here let me drive." He offered again. They both took off their seatbelts. Zion rushed out the car to help the girl out the car. He held her in his arms for a moment longer then walked her to the passenger seat. He got in the drivers seat then pulled out the driveway after the put their seat belts on.

He drove off to the airport. Once they got there they waited in the car for Elom to text either one of them that he landed. "Are you feeling any better?" Zion asked, lowering the music breaking the silence. "Yeah my medicine kicked in so I feel better now. Thank you Z." She smiled. "Was that all that was wrong?" He asked. "I don't know who's gonna watch my siblings. They aren't coming with me on tour anymore." She sighed. "I would say I could watch them but I know we're going out of town for a couple things and I'm gonna want to visit you for a while." He said. "I know. That's too much trouble too. I hate that I have to do this so last minute." She groaned. "Why aren't they going anymore?" He asked, placing a hand on her left thigh. "Liliana can't travel because of her pregnancy because the doctor said that's too much stress for her and her blood pressure is already crazy high so that'll just stress her out more. I don't want her to be in the house alone so I'm having them all stay to help her." She explained. "You'll figure something out. You always do. I'll help you find someone." He said. She looked at the boy and smiled at him. He leaned in to kiss her but got interrupted by his phone dinging, then hers. They both looked at the message from Elom saying his plane landed. "You ready?" He asked. She nodded followed by her saying "I still want that kiss." causing him to laugh then kiss the girl. He placed his hand on her face. "Happy now?" He teased. "That was good enough to hold me down for another couple minutes." She teased him back. "Damn not even a little while?" He asked. She got out the car then closed then door behind her. He laughed to himself then mumbled "she is a trip. I love her so much."

He followed her in the airport holding her hand. They waited by the baggage claim for Elom's flight. Along with a group of other people, they spotted the boy in a dark grey t-shirt and black joggers walking toward the baggage claim. Zion rushed over to his younger brother to hug him. They hadn't seen each other in months. Leilani greeted the boy with a smile followed by a hug. "You're so much shorter than I remember." He stated, causing her smile to turn into her giving him a look that meant not to mention her height. He laughed it off along with his brother. "It's okay, baby. Maybe you still have some time to grow." Zion joked. "I haven't grown since I was twelve." She snapped. "It's okay." He smiled, wrapping her in his arms and kissing her forehead. He turned back to Elom, his right arm remaining over her shoulder. "You ready to go?" Zion asked. Elom nodded with a loud sigh. He followed the two to the car, his suitcase in hand. Leilani texted Jordan to make sure his room was clean and everything Elom would need was prepared.

He put his suitcase in the trunk then got in the back seat. "Lani can you move your seat up?" He requested, as he struggled to fit in the car. She moved her seat up as far as she could. "Good?" She asked the boy. "Yeah it's fine now."

~

After sitting in traffic for an hour and Zion's road rage getting to him while Elom and Leilani laughed at him, they finally made it back to the house.

Elom set his things down in Jordan's freshly cleaned room then joined his brother and his girlfriends family in the kitchen. They all stood around the island talking about anything and everything that came to mind. After about thirty minutes, Alivia joined them in the kitchen. "Livi this is Elom, Zion's brother." Leilani introduced the two. She looked up from her phone making eye contact with the boy who had turned around. They both looked at each other like they knew one another some how. "Hi," She breathed with a smile, stopping in her tracks. "Hey." He smiled back. Leilani and Zion glanced at each other, both with smirks on their faces as they peeped what had happened. He pulled his girlfriend closer to him as they both laughed at each other. She wrapped her arms around his waist as he pulled her closer, leaving nothing but the thin fabric of their clothing in between them. She tilted her head up as he bent down to lay a kiss on her soft, pink lips. As they pulled away, both of them had smiled planted on their faces. "I'm gonna marry you." Zion mumbled low enough that not even Leilani could hear what he said. "Huh?" She questioned. "Nothing. I was just talking to myself." He responded.

~

Leilani and Zion stayed in the kitchen while the rest of the household dispersed to their own areas. Liliana in her room, Alivia in hers with Jacob and Nicholas, Gianni, Alijah, Elom and Jordan all in the basement playing video games.

Leilani took pots and pans out from their respective places. She took out a couple items to cook. "You need help, my love?" Zion asked from where he was sitting at the island. "No I've got it babe." She responded, hiding her smile as she walked into the pantry. I love him so much. She thought. She got a notification on her phone saying that the package she had ordered was being shipped out. She smiled at the notification then tucked her phone in her pocket.

~

An hour and a half went by, Leilani had finally finished cooking. She laid out enough bowls and plates for everyone. "Z can you tell them the food is ready?" She asked the boy who watched her admiringly from the same seat at the end of the island. He got up without saying anything before yelling down the basement stairway that dinner was ready. She looked at him like he was crazy. "What?" He laughed walking back to her. She laughed it off and held the boy close as he approached her.

The boys all ran up the stairs as if they were in a race. "Jordan can get the little ones from upstairs?" Leilani asked nicely as she looked away from the boy she'd fallen in love with. Without a word, Jordan ran halfway up the stairs before yelling to his sisters and brothers that they would be eating now. They made their way downstairs a few moments later.

They all made their plates then sat in the same seats they always sit in at the table. "That's my seat." Liliana said to Elom who took a seat in between Alijah and Alivia. He started to stand up to move before she said "You know what, you can sit there. I'm gonna eat in my room anyways." Then taking off to her room. Leilani followed behind her a few seconds later. She knocked on the door softly before entering to see her sister angrily tapping her phone screen. "Are you okay?" She asked the younger girl. She didn't respond. "Lili..." The girl approached her younger sister. She sat on the bed next to her. "Is it Zach?" She asked. Liliana just looked down and locked her phone. "What happened?" She asked, a concerned spreading over her face. "He's been acting weird. He won't answer my calls, my texts, and when he's around me he doesn't act as into me anymore." She admitted. "He's 16. 16 year old boys don't know what they want. Trust me. But don't trip over him." She advised the younger girl. "I kinda have to. I've been carrying his child for the past six months that his parents don't even know about." She said. "Wait he still hasn't told them?!" Her voice more conferences than before. "Unless he did and didn't tell me, then no. I have a feeling he doesn't even want this baby." The girl sniffled. "Well if he doesn't, you know I'll help you in what ever ways I can. And at least you know you secured a bag for that kid. That child support will make him regret his choices if he doesn't play a role in that kids life." Leilani said in attempt to cheer up the girl. She laughed slightly. "Thanks Lani." She smiled softly. "Baby," Zion said from the door. Both of the girls attention drew to the man in the doorway. "We're waiting for you." He said. "You okay now?" She asked, wiping her sisters tear that fell onto her cheek. She nodded back at her. She gave her sister a hug then left the room.

Zion grabbed her hand on the way down the stairs. They joined the rest of their family in the kitchen, the two of them eating at the island since they're isn't enough seats for all of them. The room slowly got more and more silent as everyone scarfed down everything in their bowls. "Slow down before you choke, babe." Leilani laughed at Zion who shoved a whole fork full of noodles in his mouth. He slurped the noodles up, getting sauce on his face. She laughed at him again, grabbing the napkin that laid next to her bowl and wiping his face for him followed by a warm peck on his cheek, causing him to smile.

After they finished eating, Leilani and Zion went upstairs to her room while the boys all went to the basement to finish their game. The pair sat on the bed facing each other as Zion went on and on about how excited he is for his bands first single to release. She sat their, listening to him, smiling from ear to ear. "What?" He smiled in the middle of his sentence. "You're so cute baby." She said. He leaned in to kiss her. Eventually she leaned back, allowing him to lay on top of her while he planted kisses all over her face, a smile never leaving her face. I love him so much She thought to herself. A knock at the door interrupted a moment that neither of them wanted to end. She let out a groan. "I'll get it babe." Zion said as he started to push himself up. She grabbed his arm pulling him back down to lay with her. "Come in." She announced loud enough for the person on the other side of the door to hear.

Liliana walked into the room and sat on the bed next to Zion. "What's up?" Leilani asked her sister as she held Zion as close as physically possible to her. Liliana let out a loud sighed. "Is it Zach?" Leilani asked, causing Zion to sit up. She nodded her head. "What happened?" Leilani asked her sister. "Do you want me to go?" Zion asked. "No you can stay." She answered. "What did he do?" Leilani asked again. "He said he wanted to tell his parents in person instead of calling or texting them and that he wanted me to be there with him. But I can't travel because I'm pregnant and now he doesn't want to tell them. He's just being dumb. Like they're gonna find out eventually, you either tell them now and they'll be mad for a little while for A: getting me pregnant and B: Waiting so long, or he tells them once I give birth to this baby and they'll be even more mad that he hid it for nine months." She ranted. "Shit if he doesn't tell them then I'll do it for him. I have his mom's number." Leilani said. "Why didn't you tell me that before?!" Liliana questioned. "I was waiting to give him the chance to tell them or until you come to a breaking point. And you've clearly come to a breaking point so you have to take this into your own hands, Lili." She told her. "Can we call her now? I'm done dealing with this." Liliana whined. Leilani opened her phone and dialed Zach's mother's number. She put the phone on speaker so the whole room could hear.

________________________________

Hello?

Hi! This is Liliana, Leilani's sister.

Hey Liliana. Is everything okay?

Um... I have to tell you something.

Okay?

So... six months ago, Zach and I were
at this party and, long story short,
I'm pregnant with your grandchild
and he hasn't told you guys yet and I
just felt like you had the right to know.
He's your kid and it's your grandchild
after all.

Wow...

I'm sorry I wanted you guys to know
as soon as we found out but he said he
wanted to wait to tell you guys in person.

Thank you for telling me.
I'm gonna call him. Just know you
have our support and I'll make sure
that helps you take care of the baby.

I promise I'll take the best care of the
baby and be the best mother I could
possibly be.

I know you will. Thank you
for telling me again. If you need
anything let me know.

Thank you.

Of course, sweetie.
I'll talk to you later.

Okay. Bye.

Bye.
________________________________

"What the hell his mom is so chill. If I got a girl pregnant at 16 my parents would simultaneously beat my ass." Zion said. Leilani and Liliana laughed at the boy. Leilani grabbed his face and kissed his cheek. "I wish my relationship was as easy as you guys'." Liliana whined. "Trust me it's not easy. That's why he's here all the time. Both of us are off this week but I leave next week and he has a lot of stuff to do for the band." Leilani explained. "How do you make it work?" The younger girl asked. "Make time for each other. Whenever you both are home and aren't doing anything, spend time together." Zion said. "He doesn't have time for me anymore..." Liliana's voice trailed off. " You don't need him Lili. He doesn't deserve you if he can't see how special you are." Zion told her.

They continued talking and cheering up Liliana. She eventually felt better. She left the two alone, going back to her room. They resumed doing what they were before. They spent the rest of the night holding each other, enjoying each other's company.

5 more days.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

66.2K 1.2K 20
Ava Paul, Logan and Jake Paul's sister. She is 16 with light rose gold hair with blue eyes. She flys out to stay with Logan. Logan has been telling h...
1.5K 67 40
When Jack became part of Why Don't We, he decided to leave his family and move to LA. His older sister, Abby, moved to LA a few months later, while...
146K 1.8K 71
Growing up in the shadows of Logan and Jake Paul? Easy? Not when you're their little sister trying to find your way through busy LA with two protecti...
222K 2.9K 49
When 17 yr old Hailey is forced to go on tour with the new boy band 'Why Don't We' she expects nothing but a trip around America and maybe a summer j...