The Best Mistake | A Draco Ma...

By sab_stories

After the events of the recent wizarding war, Serena Collins had one goal in mind coming back for her final y... More

Prologue
01 - The Meeting
02 - The Deal
03 - The Origins
04 - The Escape
05 - The Patronus
06 - The Reason
07 - The Aftermath
08 - The Glare
09 - The Box
10 - The Burn Out
11 - The Advice
12 - The Glow
13 - The Chill
14 - The Moonlight
15 - The Reply
16 - The Visit
17 - The Past
18 - The Dinner
19 - The Prince of Slytherin
21 - The Letter
22 - The Confrontation
23 - The Common Room
24 - The Three Broomsticks
25 - The Ticket
26 - The Dilemma
27 - The Question
28 - The Valentine's Date
29 - The Miscommunication
30 - The Dinner Party
31 - The Field
32 - The Rumour
33 - The Truth
34 - The Plan
35 - The Dress
36 - The Broken
37 - The Talk
38 - The Time
39 - The Trial
40 - The Malfoy Manor
41 - The Family Meeting
42 - The Best Mistake
Acknowledgement

20 - The Platinum Trio

1.3K 38 15
By sab_stories

Draco and Serena arrive in the Great Hall together and saw Blaise in their usual seat.

"Hey, Blaise" Serena greeted as she and Draco sat in front of him.

"If it isn't two of my best friends! How are you two, my dear friends?" Blaise asked sweetly.

"What in bloody hell is wrong with you?! Are you sick?" Draco asked

"Oh no no no. Feeling very fine actually. How about you two? Are you doing well? You look extra happy together"

Both nodded, looking at Blaise quizzically. He was definitely acting weird. "And you're being extra weird," Draco said.

"Ugh! Are you two not going to tell me anything?!" Blaise asked clearly frustrated.

"Hmmmm... Mother recently bought a new owl" said Draco

"Oh, that's nice! What's its name?" Serena asked, playing along with Draco.

"Aries. It's a pretty brown---"

"You two are making me insane," Blaise said in low grunt.

"Hey, Blaise did you know that muggles use doves instead of owls as messengers?" Draco asked innocently. Blaise just looked at him and annoyingly replied "I've heard of it"

"I think owls are better messengers than doves though. Don't you think so?" Draco asked Serena and she replied "Agreed"

"I've had enough of this" Blaise said angrily as he was about to leave his chair when Draco said, "Oh right! And did you know Serena and I are dating?"

Blaise thought his eyes were about to pop out. Even Serena felt a bit surprised, she didn't expect he'd be the one to actually say it, she thought Draco would just ignore Blaise and make her tell him instead.

"Holy Shit!" Blaise shouted making the other students in the Great Hall look at their direction.

"Language Blaise!" Serena scolded.

"When, What, How..." And then Blaise looked over at Serena. "... Why?"

Serena looked around to check but saw many students looking curiously at them.  So she leaned over to Blaise and whispered, "How about we eat first and then we talk"

"I want answers now!" Blaise ordered as he pointed at the table.

"And you're not getting any!..... For now" Serena answered with authority.

Blaise sighed in defeat and looked over at Draco who was looking proudly over at Serena. "Fine. But you better tell me everything!"

"That's a promise. Now let's eat! I'm starving"  Serena said smiling as she gave herself a serving of mashed potato.

Blaise was trying so hard to be patient while they ate their dinner. He was annoyed how obviously slow Draco was eating and he knew he was tormenting him. What a good friend he was. But finally, after what seemed like forever, they finished eating and went to their secret little corner near their common room.

"Okay, now tell me. I thought you liked door matt? And how about your deal?" Blaise asked the moment they sat on the floor.

"I did. But something happened that made me realize it was all a mistake" Serena replied.

"What happened?"

"Well..." Serena thought for a while if she should share the story. "Fine, I will tell you. Draco doesn't even know this yet so both of you will hear it for the first time"

Draco became instantly curious what she had to say and both he and Blaise leaned in closer. Serena told them the events of what happened on their date. How it went great to downhill in an instant. Draco saw Serena's eyes getting darker and her fists were clenched as she was telling the story but when Serena told them about door matt using her for some kind of revenge against him, his fists clenched too. He felt his blood boil and his face heat up with anger. How dare he make a fool of her and play with her feelings?! Who does that idiot think he is?!

"What a prick that door matt is! He better run once we see him" Blaise said after Serena's story.

"I will curse that arse!" Draco said angrily through gritted teeth.

"Thank you for your care boys but like I said I already handled him. For me his stupid face does not exist!"

"Have you seen him since you arrived?" Blaise asked Serena.

"No. But if I do I'll just ignore him"

"Well, I won't be doing that," Draco said, still angry. Serena reached for his hand and looked at him. "You should be happy he showed his true self that time. If not, we wouldn't be here together like this"

Draco thought about what she said for a second and then a sly smile formed on his face. "Oh please! Even if you did end up with him, sooner or later you would realize how pathetic he is and you would come to me!"

"And why would I go to you?!" Serena asked perplexed.

"Because I'm Draco Malfoy!"

"Oh yes of course! As if that perfectly answers everything!"

"It does!"

"You're such an arrogant, narcissistic, ars--"

"Enough you two!" Blaise intervened and the two stooped arguing but were still glaring at each other. Blaise looked at them and dropped his shoulders. "You two will be the death of me" he whispered to himself, then  he scolded the both of them, "You two are acting like children"

"He started it" Serena defended.

"You're only proving my point Serena" Blaise replied.

Serena huffed in a very childlike manner in which Blaise rolled his eyes. "I see that despite you two being together nothing has changed. I could already see you two being old together and nagging at each other's ears"

Serena and Draco smiled at what Blaise has said and so did he. "So can we please move on and continue how you two got together"

"Long story short. Serena realized I was better and should be the only option really and after she begged me to take her I did........ Ow!" Draco winced as he felt Serena pinch his arm. He didn't know pinches were this painful especially since he doesn't really get pinched.

"Last time I remember you were the one who told me to be with you!" Serena argued.

"You know what, nevermind. I think I kind of know what happened now. We should head back to the common room before you two attack each other" Blaise said worrying for his friends.

Both agreed and the 'Platinum Trio' went back to their common room.

------------------------------------------------

Classes have now started and the professors are now more strict than ever with their reviews, lessons, and such for the upcoming NEWTS. Serena was pleased with her score in the mock exams which caused her to have a good mood.

She kept grinning on her test paper when she suddenly bumped into someone.

"Oh, I'm sorry... Professor!" Serena straightened when she saw Professor McGonagall was the witch she accidentally bumped into.

"It's okay but please do be careful where you're heading next time Miss Collins," The Professor said.

"Yes of course. I was looking at my paper... Oh hello there" Serena greeted when she saw Professor McGonagall wasn't alone.

"Ah yes. I see you're happy with the results Miss Collins. You should be proud of yourself, you're tied here with Miss Granger for the highest score" Professor said smiling at Serena.

"Congratulations! I hope we do well on the actual NEWTS" Hermoine grinned.

"Me too! I can't believe we got the highest grade! Well, I knew you would get the highest grade, I'm more surprised for myself" Serena replied.

"Both of you should be proud. Keep this up and I'm sure the final exams won't be a problem. You should also congratulate your friend Miss Collins"

"Why is that Professor? And which friend?" Serena asked.

"Draco Malfoy ranked 3rd as the highest"

"He did?!" Both Serena and Hermoine were shocked.

Professor McGonagall smiled "It's not that surprising you know. Mr. Malfoy has always been an excellent student when it came to his academics, unfortunately, he was just guided by the wrong people. I'm glad now that he seems to be doing better, I noticed, especially since I see him around with you. You're a good influence to both him and Mr. Zabini, Miss Collins"

"Professor is right. I did see a change in him. Odd, but at least he's doing better" Hermoine added.

"Oh..I.. Uh.... I'm flattered you think that of me Professor, but Draco himself told me that he wanted to do better this school year, so his actions now are all on him" Serena smiled, proud of how Draco has become. Glad that others could see him changing, glad his wish was coming true.

"Yes, I remember him telling me that at the beginning of the school year" The Professor was looking down but still smiling.

"Oh, I didn't know you two talked," Serena said.

"We had to. I had to make sure he returned for the right reasons. And so far his promises then were executed. Although, I know that you have a big part in helping him. No one can change that fast without a little inspiration after all Miss Collins"

Serena blushed, she was a bit embarrassed and it's not helping Hermoine was there to witness everything. "Um, thank you again, Professor. Well, I have to get going now. Goodbye Professor, see you around Hermoine" she waved and awkwardly turned around heading to the Slytherin common room"

When she arrived she saw Blaise and Draco sitting at the corner table playing chess. She took a chair and seated herself.

"I never understood Chess. Ben tried to teach but I didn't really like it" Serena said when neither of them acknowledged her presence.

"Clearly not. Since if you understood it, you know you should be quiet during this game" Draco said, not looking at her.

"Blaise, please tell me you're winning" Serena looked over at Blaise.

"And there you go again taking his side! You're dating me not him remember?" Draco said finally looking at her.

"Or you could both be quiet so we can finish this damn game! Honestly, every time you two are together in one room all you do is bicker! I doubt you two are even really dating!" Blaise said a bit too loudly. Serena noticed that some of the students in the common room were giving them looks and she felt uncomfortable.

"Whatever, you two will not spoil my mood! I'm very happy today you know" Serena said, ignoring the curious stares of the students.

"Was door matt poisoned?" Draco asked smiling.

"What? No! Why would you even.... Oh no Draco please tell me you didn't do anything!"

Draco moved his knight, ignoring Serena.

"Draco do you want to be sent to Azkaban?!" Serena felt panicky. As much as she loathed Tristan, she didn't want him dead!

"I didn't!.... Well, not that kind of poisoning" Draco whispered.

"What do you mean not that kind of poisoning?" Serena asked in a low tone.

"Maybe a bit of food poisoning. Won't kill him of course, just days or weeks of bad stomachaches and trips to the bathroom" Draco replied as if it was no big deal.

"Don't worry Serena, I helped Draco make the potion to make sure he doesn't kill him"

Serena was speechless. How does that make it any better? "You two really... if any of the professors find out..."

"Don't worry they won't. Besides aren't you glad? He sure deserves it" Draco said while still concentrating on the match.

"I don't know how to feel about this" Serena whispered to herself and it's true. She felt bad for Tristan but more so she felt like he deserved it. "Draco, look for me when you're done I have something to ask"

"Uh-oh someone's in trouble" Blaise teased.

"Why?" Draco asked Serena feeling a bit nervous.

"Just do it!" Serena replied.

"Or we could talk now. I can just leave the game you know, it's not that important"

"Hey!" Blaise complained.

"Sorry mate, we'll just continue this next time"

"Fine. Go on you two" Blaise said shooing them away.

Serena led Draco towards the astronomy tower for a change. "Why did you bring me here?" Draco asked.

"Why not? I've always like this place. It's one of my favourite parts of the castle" Serena replied.

"Hmmmmm well I don't know if it's my favourite but a lot definitely happened here. Both good and bad" Draco said remembering all the times he's been here. Truth be told the only good memories he has in this tower is when he and Dumbledore talked and when Serena mistakenly confessed to him.

"What are you smiling about?" Serena asked.

"I just remembered the time you confessed to me" Draco smirked.

"Uhhh no, I was supposed to confess to Tristan not you"

"Should've been me though, look at where we are now"

"Who would've thought?" Serena smiled and so did Draco. "So what is it that you want to ask me?" He asked.

"First, I want to say congratulations although I can't help but feel a bit bitter"

"About what?"

"You ranked 3rd highest in the mock exams! And I didn't even see you study as hard as I did!"

Draco smiled smugly. "Well I am a genius"

Serena looked at him unimpressed.

"I did study! Just not as crazily as you. Unlike you, I know how to balance study and fun. What did you rank?"

"First, along with Hermoine Granger"

"You ranked first and you're complaining?!" Draco asked surprised but he was also proud of her. All her studying paid off.

"I'm not complaining! Like I said I'm congratulating you" Serena said defensively.

"Thank you. Congratulations yourself" Draco said amused.

"Thank you, I just hope we do well on the actual exams"

"We will. Now can I please know what you're going to ask me?"

"Right. Well I bumped, quite literally, into Professor McGonagall earlier that's why I know about the results, and she mentioned about you talking to her at the start of the school year. So I was just wondering about that"

Draco was silent for a moment and Serena thought maybe she was being too nosy.

"Yeah. At first, I wasn't really allowed to enrol again after everything I've done, why would they even let me? But mother pleaded with Professor McGonagall and when I was accepted we had a little talk. I told her what I told you but not everything of course. Only the part where I wanted to be a better version of myself"

"I see. She sees it you know, the Professor and even Hermoine. If they've seen your improvement I'm sure others did as well"

Draco didn't say anything, just looked out and did a small smile. He then took Serena's hand and held it in his. "You're a big reason for it"

"Oh don't say that. You said it before, you yourself wanted to change even before we started going out" Serena said, looking at him.

"Yes but more so, because I wanted the Malfoy name to gain back it's glory but in a good way. You made it personal. Now, I really want to be better. Me. for you."

"That's very sweet of you Draco" Serena smiled and kissed his cheek. They looked at each other smiling. Both unaware of how deep they were falling in love with each other.

Their moment was suddenly disturbed when they heard footsteps climbing to the tower. "Go away! We're snogging in here!" Draco shouted without looking away from Serena.

"Draco!" Serena scolded slapping his arm.

"Would you stop being violent?" Draco said while caring for his arm.

"I definitely know you two are not snogging" came a voice who was nearing the top.

"Well, we were about to if you didn't arrive.....Ow!" Draco complained again when Serena hit his other arm. "Seriously woman!"

Serena rolled her eyes. "Don't mind him Blaise, I'm glad you're here" Serena smiled when Blaise finally came into view.

"Of course you are," Draco said bitterly

"Are you jealous mate? Don't worry I'm loyally devoted to Pansy but if I was single I would definitely date you Serena" Blaise smiled teasingly.

"Awww, well I too am loyal to Draco but if I wasn't dating him, I would no doubt date you too Blaise" Serena smiled at Blaise.

"Are you two flirting in front of me?! Fine! Blaise, from now on you are not allowed to be within 10 feet near Serena, and Serena, you are not allowed to look at any man besides me!" Draco said angrily.

"What about male professors?" Serena asked innocently but Draco was just glaring at her.

"Oh come on we're joking! Lighten up mate" Blaise playfully elbowed his friend.

"You two will be the death of me," Draco said through gritted teeth.

"Uh-uh that was my line. You can't take it" Blaise shook his finger.

"I'm leaving"

"Where are you going?" Serena asked.

"If I stay I might just push someone off this tower"

"Why do you hate me Draco?! Don't leave me!" Blaise called after further teasing him but Draco already went down the stairs.

"He's still so hotheaded" Blaise laughed.

"And yet you still tease him" Serena smiled

"Of course. Where's the fun in not doing so? But he's much more patient nowadays though. He would no doubt hex me if I teased him like this before"

"Well if he does hex you don't come to me for help"

"Oh, I would" Blaise smiled at Serena and went on to follow Draco. "Draco! Mi Amore wait for me!"

Serena laughed seeing Blaise chase after Draco. She knew that this year and the years to come would be lots of laughter with those 2 around.

The Platinum Trio was a trio no one has ever seen or expected.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.7K 225 86
"Please don't, for one second, ever doubt my love for you. That's the only thing I'm sure of." ** What happens when a Half-blood Hufflepuff sweethear...
4.6M 132K 121
[ completed] In their four years of knowing each other, Draco Malfoy and Amora Buckley have never managed to see eye to eye. However, when the pair a...
102K 1.6K 37
WARNING: SEXUAL SCENES, STRONG LANGUAGE ! If you're too young please don't read this -=- Disclaimer: I don't own the original Harry Potter characters...
23K 553 36
β˜† second story in the sequel β˜† β€’ go read "Blood to Love | 3rd year" if you haven't! βœ°β˜½β™‘π‘βœ―β˜Ό He cursed under his breath. "I don't know what to do!" "...