Dil Pe Lagi Chot

By SamridhiJain5

Dil pe lagi chot (A wound at heart.) Cover credit: @MeghaMiglani The story continues from the turning point o... More

Introduction
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13

Chapter 1

9.8K 371 56
By SamridhiJain5

Hello peeps. I am back from my hibernation and this update is dedicated to my dear friend ScarletWrites41. Happy birthday friend. I am sorry I could not update yesterday on your bday. But its here now. Loads and loads of wishes from me on the essential day. Love you loads of.

Hope you all enjoy it.

Not edited..
___________________________

SHANTIVAN

PAYAL AND AKASH WEDDING

The after marriage rituals were almost done from Greh-pravesh to ring finding ceremony. Almost all the needed rituals were done.
Now on the posh couch, they sat all exhausted.

"Arre Khushi ji or Chotte kahi nazar nhi aa rhe!" Asked Anjali. (Khushi ji and Chotte aren't seen anywhere!)

Observing the absence of the duo, all tensed up.

"Arre humne toh bhut time se dekha bhi nhi hai unhe. Pta nhi kaha chle gye dono. Phele shaddi ke waqt gayab the or ab greh-pravesh ki rasmo mei bhi nhi dikh rhe. Kaha hai dono?" said Bua-ji among the group holding her head. (I haven't seen them since long. Don't know where have they gone. Firstly they were absent during the marriage ceremony and now in the rituals too. Where could they be ?)

"Kahi apni shaddi ki baat toh ni kr rhe. Humne dekha hai dono ko... Kuch toh seen hai dono mei." Commented Anjali winking towards Nani who already were planning to settle both of them. (What if they are talking about there own marriage. I have been observing both of them... There is definitely something cooking between them.)

Nani likes Khushi alot and is waiting for the right time to ask her hand for her chotte. She had even matched their kundali's. So she was waiting for the appropriate time and the time was now. After Akash's marriage they would keep their alliance forward. As its completed they would keep the offer infront.

The main door opened and the newly wedded couple entered. Their necks adorning the beautiful white red coloured garlands. Bride's neck adorned the nuptial thread as well as the vermillion on her head telling all the symbol that of a bride.

Nk was the first one to gather their presence. Shocked! Would be an understatement. He pointed out his finger in the trance with his mouth wide open at the couple for everyone to gather their existence. Anjali who was still giggling at the comment she passed, looked up smiling where Nk pointed out.

Rest of the members too glanced where the two looked.

Arnav and Khushi, the two newly married stood in front of the group with their garlands on. Khushi was looking at the ground in shame whereas Arnav had his head held high.

"Yeh kya majak hai chotte." asked highly furiated Anjali. Seeing his brother and her friend married secretly angered her. Not only her but all the occupants present in the room. Though she would be glad if they got married but not like this. This isn't acceptable to her. (What nonsense is this.)

"Yeh koi majak nhi hai di. Aap hi kheti thi ke shaddi krlo, toh krli mene. Mene or khushi ne shaddi kr li hai." Arnav declared authoratively eyeing Shyam all the while. (I am not kidding di. You used to chant that I should marry now, so I did. I and Khushi have married each other.)

Closing his hand in a fist, he clenched and unclenched it when he saw Shyam eyeing Khushi furiously. Glancing towards Khushi to know her reaction whether she too is looking at him or not, he saw that she was looking down as the floor was most appropriate thing to look at. Tears descending down her eyes. She glanced up towards her family who were still shocked with the new formed information.

"Ese kese krli shaddi chotte. Shaddi koi majak nhi hai ki jab mann kiya krli. Kuch asool, kuch rasamo-rivaj hote hai joh jroori hote hai. Btaye hume kya vje thi ke apne achanak shaddi krli chotte. Hume smjhaye, hum smje ge chotte pr kuch toh bole." Anjali finished with teary eyes.

(How can you marry like this. Marriage isn't a joke that when you want you can do it without informing others. There are some rules, some conventions, some traditions performed which are important to be done.  Tell me the reason chotte, why have you married suddenly. Tell me, I will understand but atleast speak something.)

She was already tired with all the rituals of Payash marriage and now this shock has effected her and upon that being pregnant, taking stress may effect her health badly.

"Di kaha na ki bs krli. Aap sb ko kya problem hai. Maan kyu nhi lete is shaddi ko. Aap sab chahte the na ki mei shaddi krlu, toh ab krli na phir kya problem hai?" Said Arnav in no nonsense tone. (Di I said that I have married Khushi. So what's the problem now. Why don't you accept this marriage. You all only wanted me to get married, so I got. So what's the problem now.)

He wasn't in his right state of mind. Shyam-Khushi hugging each other seen kept coming in front of his eyes like a video. He felt betrayed. Betrayed by his jijaji and his newly found love.

His di who worshiped her husband like a diety betrayed her. Upon that she is pregnant which could adversely effect her health.

He hoped that after getting familiar with the fact that he(Shyam) is going to be a father may change his mind. He may mend his ways and concentrate on his wedding, his baby, his wife & his relation with di. But he was wrong. Damn!! ASR was wrong for the first time in judging someone.

While confronting his jijaji to know the truth before taking any decision, he got to know that he was right!! That these two bastards were actually in... love .
So instead of confronting any other person, he thought to take his step. To destroy every person who cast his evil spell on his di, his family. His di is like a mother.

Getting back from the shock, Gupta family were questioned about their respect, their dignity, their honor, their preachings, their name... and so on.

"Madhumati ji kya hua ab... Agar aap "buy 1 get 1 free" ka offer de rhe the toh bta dena chahiye tha na phele. Hum thodi aur teyari kr lete... Lekin Ab hum bhi aapko offer de rhe hai. "Take 1 and get 1 free"... Humara matlab hai ke... Apni Dono betiyo ko li jiye aur chlte baniye yaha se. Hume ese parivar se koi rishta nhi rkhna hai joh jhootha or makaar ho. Jhooth ke buniyad par rishte jorte hai. Arey aap ne toh hume Payal ki pheli tooti hui shaddi ke bare mei nhi btaya toh is khel ke barre mei kese bta dete. Ghin aati hai hum ese logo se rishta jhor kr." Manorama insulted the gupta family. She was furiated with all the happenings.

(What happened Madhumati ji... If you were offering us "Buy 1 get 1 free", tou could have informed us before hand. We would at least have come prepared... But alas now we are offering you an offer "Take 1 and get 1 free"... What i mean is take both of your daughters and leave. Ww are not interested in keeping a relation with such family members who are liers, tricksy. Who connects with others on the basis of pure lies. You weren't even willing to tell us about payal's first broken marriage then who would have told us about this play of yours.
We feel disgusted that we have some relation with you people.)"

"Manorama!!!... Apni juban pr kaabo rkhiye." Nani snapped at her daughter in law for disrespecting them.(Manorama!!!... control your tongue.)"

"Hello hi bye bye!!... sach hi toh kha hai sasu-ma. Pta nhi esi bhi kya majboori rhi hogi joh humare Arnav bitwa ko is phatti-sari se shaddi krni pri."  Manorama taunted the Gupta's once again. (I am just telling the truth. Don't know what helplessness would Arnav have to face that he has to marry this phatti-sari.)

Bowing their head, the Gupta's were bearing the humiliations. What could they say when they know its the mistake of their daughter. And after all now they can't even raise their voice in this family as their 2 daughters would be living in this house as their daughter in laws.
So not having any other option, they bowed to them.

"Arnav hume jawab chahiye. Apki khamoshi nhi. Btaye hume kya vjah thi is shaddi ki... vjah jane bina aap yaha se nhi ja skte." Anjali raised her voice. (Arnav we need answers. Not your silence. Tell us the reason behind this sudden marriage.... Without knowing the reason, you can't go anywhere.)

"Humara jawab nhi bdle ga di chahe aap jitni baar bhi puch le. Pr phir bhi aakhri baar bta rhe hai sbko. Mene aur Khushi ne shaddi ki hai." Arnav finished in a tone which meant no more questions to be asked, no more explanations to be given. Arnav started to move towards his room but stopped hearing the voice. (My answer remains the same di for no. of times you ask this question. But still  I am saying again. Me and Khushi have been married to each other.)

Finally the silence of Gupta's broke.

"Khushi kya yeh sach hai?" Asked her mother. Arnav stopped because he didn't want Khushi to spill the beans. (Is it true Khushi?)

No reply ever came from Khushi as she was ashamed to admit the truth. The bitter truth of her marriage, her life. The situation in which she had to marry. She cannot tell the reason nor she can justify her sudden step.

"HUM TUMSE KUCH PUCH RHE HAI. JAWAB DO HUME. HAA YA NA. KYA YEH SACH HAI" Garima roared seeing her still not responding. She shook her harshly by holding her shoulders. (I AM ASKING YOU SOMETHING. ANSWER ME. YES OR NO. IS THIS TRUE?)

Lifting her head she took a quick glance towards her mother before lowering her teary lashes.

"J-Ji Am- " Before she could complete, a slap resonated in the hall. Everone present there gasped, stood shocked with the seen unfolding. (Y-yes moth-)

Khushi fell on the floor hard and hit her head on the tiles. The intensity of the slap shook her as well as the foundation of the now silent house. Shanti-van. The slap even lest a bruise at the corner of her lip.

But no one came forward to help the poor soul, make her stand and console her. All stood there still dazed with the moment.

The poor soul herself didn't expected this. The imprints of the hand on her cheek were clearly visible. The bruise pained alot but not more than the knife peirced in her heart. The insult she bore was nothing as everyone always takes her for granted. She hasn't committed any crime. She knew she married without any prior information but she too didn't had any choice. She had to save her sister's marriage.

She slowly stood up managing between her heavy dress but dare not to lift her eyes at anyone. Bowing her head, she silently weeped.

Weeped at her fate.

Arnav stilled listening the sound of slap. The sound itself spoke the intensity of the hit. His eyes widened in shock seeing her now on the floor. A little amount of guilt crossed his heart but it immediately left when the seens of the terrace danced in his memory.

She deserves this!

Rather she deserves the worst punishment ever. As in the queue, the next words of Gupta's shook everyone. Its said that at some time of day, the goddess resides on our tongue and the words spoken at the same moment turns out to be true. Be it good or bad.

"Tumne aaj sabit kr diya Khushi ke tu humara apna khoon nhi hai. Arrey agar tu mera khoon hoti toh esa kabhi nhi krti. Aaj teri vajah se hum sbke sirr sharam se jhuk gye hai. Shayad humne koi galti ki thi tujhe godh le kr. Tere maa baap ke marne ke baad hi tujhe anath ashram chor dena chahiye tha. Kam se kam yeh din toh nhi dekhna parta. Pr kher, aaj se tu humare liye kuch bhi nhi hai. Humari sirf ek hi beti hai or voh hai Payal. Or koi beti nhi hai humari. Mar chuki hai tu humare liye. Aaj ke baad apni shakal bhi mat dikhana hume agar tere dil mei humare liye thodi si bhi ijjat bchi hai. Agar tune humse kbhi pyar kiya hai, ya fir agar toh humare tujhe godh lene ka karj utarna hai toh kbhi bhi humare saamne mat aana. Tere liye ab koi amma babuji nhi hai." Garima spoke venemously each and every word. Not caring the effect of her words may shatter her, break her, leave her helpless and what not. 

(Today you proved that you aren't my blood Khushi. Because if you would have been then you won't have done this. Today because of you we have to bow our heads in v shame. I think we have done wrong by adopting you at first place. After your parents demise we should have left you at orphanage home. Atleast we won't have seen this day then. But from now on you mean nothing to us. We have only one daughter and thats payal. There is no else daughter of ours. You are equal to dead for us. From now onwards don't show us your face if you have little bit of respect in your heart towards us. If you have ever loved us, or if you want to repay our ahsan then you will never show your face to us. There are no parents for you now.)

"Am-amma..." Khushi called but before she could complete again her mother spoke. She raised her hand restricting her from speaking further. (Mo-mother)

"Mat bulao hume amma. Kaha na mar chuki hai tu ab humare liye. Shakal bhi nhi dekhna chahte hum teri." (Dont call me your mother. I have said that you are dead for us. We don't even want to see your face.)

Joining her hands in front of Nani and Manorama, she spoke.

"Dekhiye joh bhi aaj hua nhi hona chahiye tha. Us sab ke liye hume maaf kr di jiye. Pr is mei humari Payal bitiya ki koi galati nhi hai. Ho sake toh maaf kr dena hume... Ab hum chlte hai." Garima spoke. Pushing forward the wheel chair of Shashi and throwing a disgusting and angry look at Khushi the Gupta's left. (See what ever happened today shouldn't have happened. We feel sorry for that. But there's no mistake of our daughter Payal in this. If possible please forgive us....Now we should leave.)

"AMMA" Khushi cried. She ran after them and spotted them getting in a cab. (Mother)

"Amma, babuji... please ese mat jayiye... please hume maaf kr di- jiye. Please..." Khushi said but couldn't complete as the Gupta family royally ignored her like she wasn't present there. Shashi stayed helpless in the situation. He wanted to help her daughter but was highly infuriated by the words of Garima. How could she abondon her daughter. (Mother, father... please don't leave like this. Please forgive me. Please.....)

Stuffing themselves in the backseat, they closed the door of cab and signaled the driver to start not paying any heed to Khushi's plea's.

Crying she again went inside the mansion to see that almost everyone left except her sister and brother-in-law who were too ready to leave. Walking towards them she held her sister's hand and pleaded. Her sister snatched her hand angrily from her.

"Jiji please humari tarf dekhiye. Please hume maaf kr dijiye na. Humse baat ki jiye na jiji. Aap chahe hume maar li jiye, tapad lga dijiye. Pr please humse baat krna band mat kijiye..." Before Khushi could complete payal interrupted. (Sister please look at me. Please forgive me. Please talk with me. You can beat me, slap me. But please don't stop talking to me...)

"Khushi ek baar phir se tune humari shaddi barbaad kr di. Khushi mil gyi hogi na tujhe yeh sab krke. Kya milla tujhe hume dukh pahuncha kr. Ha!!... bta mujhe. Bta kyu ki tune yeh shaddi? Hai koi jawab? Bol na Khushi, hai koi jawab." Payal venemously spoke to Khushi while the poor soul stood shocked seeing her own sister yelling at her for the first time. Accusing her of the deeds she didn't commit. (Khushi once again you successfully destroyed my marriage. You would be happy by doing all this. What did you get by hurting all of us. Tell!!.... Tell me why did you marry? Is there any answer? Tell khushi is there any answer?)

_____________________

Don't forget to vote ⭐ and comment 🗨.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

88.8K 6.5K 47
Life is not to be taken too seriously. Live your life by looking ahead to the future, embracing the present, and appreciating the past. Arnav Singh...
78.7K 2.5K 12
#1 in Short-story "Arnav, I love you so much... Please never Break my heart... Or else I won't be able to heal it again... I just can't even think...
473K 17.2K 24
What if Arnav didn't make it to the rooftop in time to witness the scene that broke his heart? How will he deal with Khushi's confession? How will th...
470K 20.4K 46
What if Arnav had come to know about the real truth of Shyam during his stay in Lakshmi nagar? What if Arnav realised his mistakes and asked forgiven...