Angel City's Most Wanted: A T...

By After_Hours_Writer

Gunslinger, criminal, terrorist. These are just a few names to describe him. A young pilot and his Legion cla... More

One Last Crime
An Odd Encounter
One Thing Leads to Another
Enlistment
A Beacon of Hope
First Night
Emerald Forest Pt. 1
Emerald Forest Pt. 2
First Night
Leadership
Allies
Forever Fall

Faunus Lessons

7.3K 104 166
By After_Hours_Writer

Krieg's POV

The more I fell into the eternal darkness of slumber, the more I see those vague memories come back to me, clinging, refusing to get off me, infecting every fiber of my body like a virus.

Krieg: Get out!

Ah. I remember this one. The jungles of Harmony, before the Militia established the planet as its base of operations. I was a young infantry grunt back then, working for the IMC to become a pilot. For some dumbass reason, they thought to use trench warfare and guerilla tactics to our advantage. I had sprinted towards my men, a backpack filled with survival gear as I had learned that the Militia had zeroed in on our location.

Krieg: Get out of the trenches!

By the time I had reached them, it was already too late. A Militia Scorch unit had already gassed the trench and opened fire, lighting the trench to a burning blaze.

50 men died screaming in agony that day, each and every one of them under my command.  The only reason I had survived was the tall grass that I had used as cover. Their screaming growing louder and louder until I myself began screaming in pain.

My body is sweating, breathing heavy, my blood shot eyes widened in fear. I did not ask for the things that I've been through and I certainly did not ask my mind to paint and repaint those memories over and over again. As I opened the door to the main area, I could hear Morior speak to me.

Morior: ANOTHER NIGHT TERROR PILOT?

Krieg: Yeah. Trenches.

Morior: HARMONY.

Krieg: Ironic name, but yeah. That.

Morior: THERE ARE PROCEDURES YOU CAN TAKE TO PREVENT THESE SYMPTOMS FROM FURTHER WORSENING PILOT.

Krieg: I just won't sleep for the night.

Morior: EVEN WITH STIM IN YOUR BLOODSTREAM, THAT IS A TERRIBLE IDEA...
I RECOMMEND COMMUNICATING WITH MISS BELLADONNA.

Krieg: Alright, where's the wrench?

Morior: IT IS INSIDE THE 40MM CANNON PILOT...
CARE TO TAKE A LOOK?

Krieg: Ha ha. So funny.

Morior: AT THE VERY LEAST, YOU COULD HAVE LUNCH WITH THEM IN THE CAFETERIA...
IT IS AROUND THAT TIME ANYWAY.

Fine.

Krieg: Yeah, fine. I'll go. I'm grabbing my stuff from the chassis. Not a fan of the school uniform anyways.

Embarking Morior, I changed into the pilot's uniform, leaving the helmet aside. I began placing various gadgets into the injection points, talking to distract myself from the painful process.

Krieg: If they could've just replaced stim with Nyquil, that would be fantastic.

Morior: STIM, THOUGH HIGHLY ADDICTIVE, CAN DO MUCH MORE THAN NYQUIL PILOT.

Krieg: Sure it can.

Jumping out of the Titan, I grabbed some fire stars and gravity stars as well as a Wingman and a data knife and headed out towards the school.

Timeskip brought to you by the following message:
Hi, it's AwoL here (no shit). Monster Hunter World is coming out this Friday for the Xbox One and I plan to run a squad/guild/clan. For those who don't know what Monster Hunter is, this is it in a nutshell.

Oddly similar... Anyways, for those curious types, I'll be running the Charge Blade (in essence a sword and shield that can transform into a massive axe). I'll post more info when the game goes live, but for now, here is the Gamertag if you wish to be a part of the squad (GT: AWOL WARKILLER).

Cheers, and enjoy this little comic I found online.

Nora: So! There we were, in the middle of the night...

Ren: It was day

Nora: We were surrounded by Ursai.

Ren: They were Beowolves.

Nora: Dozens of them!

Sittinh with both Team RWBY and JNPR, the orange haired woman started screaming.

Ow. My ears.

Weiss was ignoring Nora and filing her nails, Ruby, Yang, and Pyrrha were listening politely, Blake read a different book than before, and Jaune was just messing with his food.

Ren: Two of 'em.

Nora: But they were no match... And in the end, Ren and I took them down and made a boatload of Lien selling Ursa skin rugs!

Huh. Didn't know you could actually sell their skins.

Ren:She's been having this recurring dream for nearly a month now.

Krieg: Sounds more like a fantasy than a dream.

Pyrrha: Jaune? Are you okay?

The young boy stopped playing with his food and looked up, surprised by Pyrrha's concern.

Jaune: Huh? Oh, yeah! Why?

Ruby: It's just that you seem a little...off.

Jaune: Guys, I'm fine. Seriously! Look!

He faked a smile, holding up a thumb while laughing nervously until his attention is focused on the members of Team CRDL.

The hell is going on?

The group stood around a girl with brown rabbit ears extending from her hair. Cardin laughs at her and his friend holds up his hands to his head in a mock interpretation of her unusual features.

Krieg: What's going on over there?

Jaune: It's just Cardin teasing a faunus.

Krieg: A what?

Blake: A subspecies of humans that possesses an animal's trait. In Velvet's case, she has the traits of a rabbit.

Krieg: Then I'm guessing this is more than just teasing.

Jaune: He really is just joking with them.

Ruby: He's a bully.

And there it is.

Pyrrha: Jaune, Cardin's been picking on you since the first few days of school!

Jaune: Oh please, name one time he's 'bullied' me.

Listening to the group give out separate instances gave me a headache. The more I listened, the more I realized that he fears Cardin.

Krieg: Jesus Christ man.

Pyrrha: Jaune, you know if you ever need help, you can just ask.

Nora: Ooooh! We'll break his legs!

That....sounds like a genius plan, but I have a much better one.

Jaune: Guys, really, it's fine!

Grabbing the Wingman revolver, I checked the cylinder for a full clip and spun it.

Jaune: Besides, it's not like he's only a jerk to me; he's a jerk to everyone.

We all looked over as the laughing grew louder, mixed with it cries of pain from the rabbit girl when one of her ears were tugged on by Cardin.

Velvet: Ow! That hurts! Please, stop...

Cardin: I told you it was real!

???: What a freak!

*Bang!*

Cardin: Ow! That hurts!

???: Who shot that!?

Everyone looked at me, the barrel of the high caliber revolver smoking as the bullet hit Carson's wrist. His aura saved it from having a hole, but evidently it was enough that he let go of the faunus from the pain.

Krieg: Whoops.

Cardin: Whoops!?

Krieg: I meant to aim for the head.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

35.1K 348 15
Alex aka Carnage was a Apex Predator. He and two of his friends were evacuated off their ship due to a engine catching fire. While stranded on a plan...
2.2K 32 17
After dying, Y/N is given one last chance by the gods and comes back to life in a new body, and without the ability to summon a Persona, or so he thi...
61.5K 667 13
The story is a Male gunslinger reader x Rwby.
47.4K 691 30
This is a Yang X Reader, you are Y/N, a knight in training, ran from his home and now must live with his past right behind him, he joined Beacon to f...