ᑌᑎᔕTᗴᗩᗪY

By Lava98

Wanting to be a superhero and becoming one, are two completely different things. But becoming the opposite? T... More

Character Description
Saved by the Deranged Duo
Training from the Queen of Crime
Training from the King of Crime
Episode 5: Schooled
Debut
School
Monkey Business
Date with Kid Flash
Baby Justice (Day 1)
Baby Justice (Day 2)
Plants
Genderbend (Part 1 of 3)
Genderbend (Part 2 of 3)
Genderbend (Part 3 of 3)
Parental Instincts (Part 1 of 3)
Parental Instincts (Part 2 of 3)
Parental Instincts (Part 3 of 3)
Torture
Bye Adults
Blackmailed
Image
Thanksgiving
Happy Birthday, Richy!
Christmas Concert
Hurt
Haly's Circus
Secrets Revealed
The Battle Won
Officially a Family
To The Future
Wayne Charity Gala
No
Funeral
Epilogue: Letters from Aura

Year 2012

355 15 3
By Lava98

Look at me you may think you see
Who I really am but you'll never know me
Every day it's as if I play a part
Now I see if I wear a mask
I can fool the world but I cannot fool my heart
Who is that girl I see staring straight back at me?
When will my reflection show who I am inside?
~Reflection ~ Christina Aguilera~

...March 12, 2012...

Batman has called us in for mission briefing. Nightwing, Robin, Miss Martian, Artemis, and I are chosen as it's a stealth mission. The five of us are the stealthiest members of the team. Robin and Nightwing because of Batman. Miss Martian because of her camouflage. Artemis and I because that's just how we were raised.

"Black Mask has been smuggling weapons into Gotham. Bane is his supplier. Deadshot and Firefly are also involved, mainly as watchmen. They're making the deal tonight at Gotham Harbour. I've selected each of you for your stealth. Keep to the shadows and take everyone out. The police should be on the scene when you're through. I will be going after Black Mask. He will likely be sending his lieutenant, Snipe, in his place to make sure the trade goes smoothly. Stay in the shadows and try not to attract attention. Nightwing take the lead. Go."

~~~A few hours later~~~

The five of us spread out among the tops of shipping containers at the docks.

'Everyone here?' Miss M calls out.

'Active,' Robin says.

'Present,' Artemis says.

'Here,' Nightwing says.

'Nightwing has a nice ass,' I answer.

'Bolt!' he huffs.

I laugh in my head. 'Just stating the facts. Now, shall we?'

'Robin, there's a lackey closest to you. Take him out,' Nightwing says. 'Let's begin.'

'Hai!' I salute, jumping off my storage container with a flip onto the thugs shoulders below me. I jab my thumb into a pressure point, making him pass out. I pull him into the shadows, breaking his gun in half.

We continue this for a few minutes until we can't reach anyone without being noticed.

We go unnoticed by Firefly and there's been no sign of Deadshot.

Someone lands behind me, assuming it's a teammate I don't turn around.

The person behind me speaks in Russian. "I heard that you used to be Jester Quinn."

I respond in Russian. "You heard correctly." I turn to Deadshot.

He smiles at me, hitching his sniper on his shoulder. "I'm glad you became a superhero. We don't need another child criminal."

"So, am I gonna have to take you down?" I ask.

"No, I'll get paid whether this is successful or not. I'll just say one of you snuck up behind me and knocked me out," he says. "I'm not going to hurt my daughter's friend or my ex-protégé."

"Thank you, Deadshot."

"See you around, girly," he salutes before he vanishes into the shadows.

'Has anyone seen Deadshot?' Nightwing asks.

'He just left,' I respond. 'We just had a little chat. Seems he remembers me. Being an ex convict is really something good after all.'

'The shipment just arrived,' MM reports.

'Get ready,' Nightwing voices. 'Miss M, take care of Firefly. Artemis, Bolt, take on Bane. Robin, you and I will take care of the rest of the thugs and Black Mask.'

'Hai!'

'You and Wally seriously need to lay off the anime shows,' Artemis grumbles.

'Never!' I reply.

'Get into position and go on my say so,' Nightwing continues.

We all take our places surrounding the group.

'In position,' I say.

'Everyone ready?' A chorus of yeses responds to him. 'Let's take em down.'

"Woohoo!" I shout out, gaining everyone's attention. I blast a large bolt straight at Snipe.

He gets hit straight in the chest, knocking him back a few feet. He lets out a pained moan when he tries to move.

Artemis and I move to Bane while the others take care of their assignments. Bane sicks his lackeys on us. Artemis and I give each other a nod. She shoots an arrow through a water tank nearby, spurting water out all at the lackeys feet. They give me a scared look as I smirk, electricity dancing around my body. I give a little wave as I stomp in the water, electricity shocking them all to sleepy time.

Artemis and I run towards Bane.

"Pequeña velocista has a new trick," Bane voices, dodging one of Artemis' arrows.

"I've always had them just never showed them," I reply, getting close to him and dodging his blows.

While I distract him, Artemis cuts the tube connected to his arm and neck. I manage to grab it, giving Bane a two fingered salute before shocking him. He collapses to the ground and Artemis ties him up.

Artemis and I high-five.

'We've taken down Bane,' Artemis reports.

'Same as Firefly,' MM replies.

'Snipe is out, thanks to Bolt,' Robin says.

'You're welcome,' I respond.

'Take out any extra lackeys that are around,' Nightwing commands.

I turn around with a spinning back kick to a lackey's torso who was trying to sneak up behind me. His gun clatters to the ground beside him which draws my attention. I look down at the gun beside me that entrances me to pick it up and aim it at the cowering lackey's head.

"Please, don't shoot!" he begs.

Do it, my little killer.

Different voices begin to race through my head. I feel my eyes become lifeless.

Blast his head off, JQ! Joker.

Get 'em, little monster. Harley.

Killing is only for villains. Catwoman.

"Bolt!" Robin shouts but goes ignored.

Kill him. He deserves it.

We don't kill. Flash.

No guns aloud. Nightwing.

Do I have to beat it into you? Joker.

If you kill a killer, the number of killers in the world remains the same. Batman.

Pull the trigger.

"Bolt!" Nightwing shouts, racing towards me.

Pull it.

Do it! Joker.

I feel my finger begin to pull the trigger.

You're not a villain. Nightwing.

My grip lessens.

Finish him.

"Bolt! Stop! Don't do it!" Nightwing shouts, grabbing my wrist.

I snap out of my trance, gasping, dropping the gun, and wrenching my hand to my chest. My breath becomes ragged as I drop to my knees. Tears race down my cheeks. "N-Nightwing... I-I..."

Someone takes care of the lackey.

Nightwing bends down, pulling me into his embrace. "It's okay. I got you."

"I-I could've killed him..." I whisper raggedly, squeezing my eyes shut. "Maybe I would've... But you were in my head and wouldn't let me. You, Batman, Flash, Joker, Catwoman, Harley! You're all in here!" I shout, gripping my hair as more tears form in my eyes. "But where am I?! How can I ever become the Aura I used to be when I still have Jester Quinn in me! I don't even know who I am at this point... I-I need to go. No, I have to go."

"You and I will take a leave from missions and patrol for a few months. Let's just focus on school. I'll stay with you," he consoles, pulling me to his lap and cradling me. "I'll help you get through this."

I sniffle, realizing what needs to happen. Instead, I bury my face into his chest, trying to calm down.

~~~

On the trip back to the cave, I begin to return to my normal self just keeping to myself. We head into the mission room to report the success of our mission to Batman. The team cheers as he praises us for a job well done.

"Batman," I call out, separating from the team.

He turns around with a curious look. "What is it?"

"We need to talk," I respond sternly.

He looks back at the team who're celebrating with the other teammates that didn't go on the mission then back to me. "Follow me."

We enter the waterfall room and cut ourselves off from anyone around.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

133K 3.3K 24
(I do not own Teen Titans and I do not own DC/DC Comics) All I ever wanted was to be loved. All I ever wanted was to be like them superhero's. I want...
46.8K 1.5K 36
So.... I'm in a comic now. Not only that, but I'm in a Batman comic right now. Not gonna lie, I'm low key fangirling right now. That's a lot of now's...
3.8K 154 3
(Book 3 in my "Son Of" series) Y/N Wayne is the 17 year old son of billionaire playboy Bruce Wayne. Who also happens to be the main hero of Gotham C...
245K 4.7K 87
(Y/n) (L/n) doesn't have an ordinary life, he never did. Brought into the Strategic Homeland Division at an exceptionally young age because of his in...