The Potions Master's Daughter...

By pagesofmyheart

[Book Five] Jessica is shaping up to be the most powerful witch of the age, and it seems like everyone knows... More

The Potions Master's Daughter (Book Five)
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 48
Chapter 49

Chapter 47

1.9K 82 32
By pagesofmyheart

Putting my items in the Locker of in Between I found my feet carrying me up to the Hospital Wing.

When I walked in I saw Bill Weasley in a bed laying down surrounded by everyone in his family (less Charlie and Percy and surprisingly Mrs. Weasley) and Harry and Hermione.

Neville was in the bed next to him, but he was sitting up and talking, so I figured he had to be generally okay. Luna was standing next to him. I hadn't seen her when I first came into the room because she was blocked by the herd of Weasleys.

Still I walked over to him and asked, "Are you alright?"

He reached out for a hug and I happily obliged, "I'm doing okay. I just got a bit hurt on a fall I took. I hope you don't mind but when we heard the fighting we wanted to help but we were scared to go out there without any help. I knew where you had hidden you're Felix Felicis so Ginny and I split it. I think it helped, because most of the spells seemed to miss us."

I squeezed him even harder, "Hey, if it helped you then I don't care at all. I'm so glad you're okay. Is everyone else okay? I heard something about a body?"

"One of the Death Eaters was killed, and Bill got really hurt, and Flitwick got a little hurt too, but that's all. How are you holding up?"

"I'm glad everyone is okay. Do you reckon Bill is going to be okay?" I asked, ignoring his last question.

Neville leaned in and whispered, "Well Greyback got him, so he's going to be, different, but other than that he's going to be fine. Lupin in going to come in and talk to him soon about what he can do to keep himself safe, and his family safe. Mrs. Weasley went to go get Fleur."

"Does everyone absolutely hate me?" I asked with a sigh.

He shook his head hard, "Absolutely not. How were you supposed to know he was going to do that. If anything, you're more hurt than the rest of us here. No one hates you Jessica."

"Good, that's probably more than I deserve," I replied with a sigh.

Lupin took this moment to race into the Hospital Wing followed by Tonks and Sirius, "Are you okay?" Sirius asked Harry.

Harry nodded and allowed his godfather to bring him into an embrace. Arthur greeted Lupin and Tonks.

"Do you really think he's going to be a real werewolf?" Molly asked quietly, "It wasn't the full moon or anything."

"I don't think he will be a true werewolf, no. However, he certainly will have some wolfish characteristics, and those nasty marks will never really go away. There's no cure for werewolf marks I'm afraid."

"Maybe Dumbledore will know more," Sirius said, "That man knows everything."

The room grew silent. I suspected the Weasleys knew what had happened already, but it was apparent Lupin, TOnks and Sirius weren't aware.

"Dumbledore is dead," Ron finally told them.

"No way," Sirius said, "That man is near immortal I swear. There's no way he could be dead now."

"He is. Snape killed him," I finally spoke up.

"How do you know that?" Lupin asked.

"We saw it happen," Harry chimed in.

Lupin and TOnks sat down on the bed as Tonks began to cry a bit. Sirius stood standing and began to pace, raking his hand through his shaggy hair.

"We all always wondered why he trusted that man, but it seems like he had everyone fooled. Why he didn't see this coming is beyond me."

"He was a very skilled Occlumens. I couldn't tell and Dumbledore couldn't tell he was going to do that and we were the two people closest to him."

"Dumbledore always seemed so sure of trusting Snape, like he knew something we didn't about him. Jessica, do you know anything about aht?"

I shook my head sadly, "I have no idea why Dumbledore trusted him so much. Apparently we both misplaced our trust."

I wasn't even sure if I believe the words as I was saying them. If his letter was in face truthful, then Dumbledore trusted him enough to kill him and keep going on as a double agent all on his own. It was enough to give me a headache.

McGonagall entered the hospital wing then, "Oh Jessica, there you are. I brought you something to eat."

I took the bagel from her, and took a bite to make her happy. The woman had been nothing but nice to me, even though I was the daughter of the man that killed Dumbledore.

"I just wish I knew what it was that Dumbledore knew," Tonks said, "Minerva do you know anything?"

Harry exclaimed, "I don't know if this is why he trusted him all the way but I do know that SNape was the one that overheard the prophecy about me and my parents. Once Voldemort killed them and tried to kill me SNape went to Dumbledore and said he was sorry, and then that's when he began to work as a double agent."

"And Dumbledore really believed that SNape was sorry? He hated James!" Sirius near yelled.

"He hated my mother too," Harry said, "he called her a Mudblood."

Finally I spoke up, "He didn't hate your mother, that much I'm sure of. I think losing her is what caused him to turn to the Dark Arts for comfort in the first place."

"Well either way, I don't know how Dumbledore could fall for something as stupid as he's sorry," Lupin said furiously, the first time I had seen the man properly angry.

"Dumbledore always made some risky decisions regarding Snape," McGonagall said, "I guess we know just how risky they were now."

"What happened here while we were off with Dumbledore anyway? I'm not sure I understand how everyone was here, or how Snape knew to come to the AStronomy Tower even."

"That's my fault," lamented McGonagall, "I was the one who sent for Snape to come. THe rest of the Order was already fighting and we needed backup. THen I suppose he ditched, and went to join the Death Eaters. How do they get in here anyways?"

"THere was a Vanishing Cabinet in the Room of Requirement. They came through that," harry informed her.

Ron looked upset with himself as he said, "We got your message harry but we really screwed up. We didn't see Malfoy on the map as you had said, so we went to the Room of Requirement to go find him, and we told the Order too. WHen we got there he threw some of that INstant Darkness Powder and he was able to get away."

"Then they ran into all of us on guard," Sirius said, "I don't think he was expecting all of us to be here, so we all got into a fight but I think he and a few guys slipped away at some point, I suppose up the Astronomy Tower, then you know what happened from there."

Hermione wiped a few teras out of her eyes and said, "I screwed up too Harry. We were outside Snape's office like you said to be, just to keep an eye on him and such. Then Flitwick came down the hall and said McGonagall had told him to get Snape. Suddenly he burst out the door and told us Flitwick had collapsed and that we," she motioned to her and Luna, "Should go check on him while he went to join the fight. I suppose now that he stunned him, and I couldn't even tell I was too upset."

"It's not your fault Hermione. Everyone did everything they could. The only one at fault is Snape. And we are going to make sure he pays," Harry declared.

"I get to kill him," I stated firmly making everyone quiet down, "If anyone takes that from me, I will hurt you. I want him to know it was me that killed him."

They all nodded and I felt a bit better. At least now I knew he wouldn't get killed by someone else before I could ask him and confirm what he had written in his letter. I didn't want someone to kill him if he was really telling the truth, but if he wasn't telling the truth, then I certainly wanted to be the one that made him pay.

Molly came into the Hospital Wing with Fleur right behind her. Lupin and tonks moved out of the way so she could get to her son faster. She had tears streaming down her face as she threw herself over her oldest son and kissed his bloodied forehead.

"Oh god look at these marks, they're horrible. Of course, it doesn't matter how he looks, I'm just glad he's safe but he was so very handsome and he was going to get married."

She began to cry again and Fleur said angrily, "Vat do you mean by 'at. He was going to be married. Do you think Bill will not want to marry me anymore? You think because of these bites 'he will not love me?"

"No, that's not what I-"

"Because it will take a lot more than a werewolf bite to stop Bill from loving me!"

"I'm sure, I just thought-well because of how he looked- that-"

"That I will not want to marry him? Or you hoped? What do I care, I think I am good looking enough for the both of us! I vill still marry him. The scars vill show zat my husband is brave!"

She pushed past Mrs. Weasley to grab Billy's hand. Everyone waited with bated breath for Mrs. Weasley to explode.

Instead she just said in a quiet voice, "My Aunt Muriel has this lovely silver tiara that I think would look lovely in your hair at the wedding."

"Thank you," Fleur replied stiffly.

I looked over and Neville and when I looked back the two women were crying and hugging and whispering into each other's ears. I had never been so proud of Fleur. I no longer thought she was shallow at all, and she obviously loved Bill with ferocity if she was willing to fight with Mrs. Weasley about him.

To the right of me I heard Tonks turn to Lupin and hiss, "You see, she still wants to marry hm even though he's bitten!"

"It's different," hissed Lupin back letting out a weary sigh and looking suddenly tense, "Bill not even be a full werewolf, he won't have all the signs."

"But I don't care either!" she seized the front of his robes, but everyone was too focused on Bill to notice, "I've told you a million times that I don't care!"

Lupin looked down, as though his shoes were the most fascinating thing in the room, "ANd I've told you everytime that I'm far too old, far too poor, far too dangerous..."

"I've told you you're being ridiculous about this Remus," Mrs. Weasley spoke up.

I looked around and noticed everyone in the room was now looking at Remus and Tonks, and it seemed like all the adults knew what was being discussed. It soon clicked. I knew TOnks and Lupin had been together in a way, but now it was clear just how strong those feelings were.

"I'm not being ridiculous," Lupin replied shortly, "Tonks deserves someone whole and her own age."

"But she wants you," Mr. Weasley chimed in, "Besides, young and whole men don't always stay that way," he said looking down at his son's frame in the bed.

"THis isn't the time to be discussing this, Dumbledore is dead," Lupin replied as his face flushed a bit.

"Dumbledore would be more than happy to hear there was a bit more love in this world, I'm sure," McGonagall told him.

Hagrid came in then, effectively ending the conversation much to Remus's relief, "I informed the Ministry like you said."

"Lovely," McGonagall muttered, "Can you gather the heads of house, SLughorn can act as Slytherin's, and have them meet me in my office. There are things we must discuss."

I had almost forgotten that McGonagall was Deputy Headmistress, now that Dumbledore was gone she would become Headmistress. I felt bad that she had to take care of things during a time like this when she should still be mourning.

"Potter, Wallwirt, I think it's best if you come with us too. Just for a quick word."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

179K 6.9K 50
[Book Four] Jessica has to deal with the pressures of being a teenager along with the pressures associated with being a follower of the Dark Lord. Ho...
137K 3.4K 21
The sixth year into the series of Pennelope and her adventures with the Golden Trio. Everything is different this year. The teachers, the enemies...
341K 7.1K 26
Hermione Granger; brightest witch of her age, muggle-born, best friends with Harry Potter, Lord Voldemorts long lost daughter? Before the start of he...
180K 7.5K 31
Lily Snape is now in her 7th and last year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry; but how can she hope to survive as the known daughter of Si...