The Wrong Number

By prerna_lamz

*COMPLETED* #1 on Wattpad -1/12/2018 "Hel-" "JUDY! WHERE THE FUCK ARE YOU RIGHT NOW? I'M DYING HERE!" "Uh..s... More

1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8
9.
10.
11.
12
13.
14
15.
16.
17.
18
19.
20.
21
22
23.
25.
Bonus chapter i
NEW STORY UPDATE
Bonus chapter ii
Bonus chapter iii
SEQUEL +NEW BOOK

24.

25.3K 1K 187
By prerna_lamz

Italics: Aspen
Bold: Kenneth

"So I have something to ask of you."

"Kenneth."

"What?"

"It's 5 in the morning. I have classes in the next two hours so I need that two hours of sleep."

"Today is a school day?"

"Yes you dork. What were you thinking?"

"Oh right. You go to NapoleanHigh. Sorry to say but we have a day off."

"You lucky person."

"By the way."

"What?"

"Your morning voice is cute."

"Wh-"

"Bye!"

     Aspen stared hard at her phone after Kenneth disconnected the call. As usual, her heart thudded in a good way and a smile graced her face at what he said. The two hours of sleep didn't seem to come anymore.

School was the usual for Aspen. Name callings, tripping in the middle of the hallway or lockers stacked with threats and insults. After the last class of the day was over, Aspen sighed as she removed the papers from her locker. At least she was glad that she didn't have to face Shane or any of his goons today. They had a practice match so it was a lucky day for Aspen. Both Shane and his bitchy girlfriend would be at the match.

When her locker was cleared, she stacked her books inside and closed it after which she walked towards the school gate so that she could go home. She tried to ignore the name callings and safely made it outside the school building. No one tried to injure her fully because they all knew it was Shane's job.

A cold shudder passed through her when she thought of Shane. Like something bad was ab-

"Well well. You sure must be happy thinking you wouldn't get to meet me today." Shane's voice made a chill pass through her body.

"Get a life Shane." She managed to croak out and tried to walk past him. But she was roughly pushed back to her spot by her arm. Shane had a tight hold on her. Enough to leave another bruise.

"I have a life. And it includes humiliating you in every way possible." He smirked nastily.

An emotion of fear flickered in her eyes. What would he do today? Tell his girlfriend to lock her up in the locker room again? Pour drinks over her right now? Drown her in the swimming pool?

"Get your hands off of her right now." A familiar voice said. But it was mixed with a hint of anger and repression. When Aspen turned to look she was surprised to see Kenneth looking like he was about to kill Shane.

A big crowd soon formed around them when the students noticed the two star quarterbacks of the rival schools looking like they were going to go after each other's throats any time now.

"What are you doing here?" Aspen asked instinctively. What could Kenneth be doing here possibly?

Kenneth pried off Shane's hands from her arm and pulled her closer before looking down at her with a small smile. She looked almost relieved to see him there and Kenneth wanted to do nothing more than kiss her senseless.

"Didn't you know that we had a practice match with your school today? Hence the holiday." He grinned.

The students began to question their close proximity. After all, a star player from the rival school, was almost hugging the victim of Shane's bullying. This was big news and everyone was curious.

"And you." Kenneth's face turned hard when he turned towards Shane. "Don't you ever, try to touch her again. If you do, I'm not sure if your dad would like to hear this."

Shane's eyes flashed with fear for a second before it turned emotionless again. He just glared at both of them and walked out of the crowd with his goons following after him.

"Let's go." Kenneth said and took Aspen's arms before pulling her towards the parking lot where his car was.

"Yo Ken!" Aspen recognised Dylan, as he ran towards them. "Oh hey Aspen. You look pretty today." He winked.

Kenneth slapped his head out of instinct to which he scowled after.

"What do you want?" Kenneth asked.

"We're having an after party at Jack's place. Wanna come?" Dylan asked, looking at Kenneth then at Aspen.

Aspen's eyes turned wide at his words. "Right. You should go and have fun. You guys won right?" She tried to smile. In fact she wanted to spend some time with Kenneth because of what happened earlier but she also understood that Kenneth's life didn't only involve her. She should be considerate and not greedy.

"I think I'll pass tonight." Kenneth smiled at Aspen then looked at Dylan. "Tell everyone to have fun. I have something to do."

Dylan looked at both of them and grinned. "I get it. Doing the dirty huh?"

Aspen looked confused for a moment before she blushed in realisation and playfully hit Dylan's shoulder.

"Dude, just go!" Kenneth pushed him away before he ran away laughing.

He sighed and looked at an embarrassed Aspen. "Don't listen to him. He's a douchebag."

"You should have gone with them. They would have wanted their captian to come." Aspen softly said, playing with the straps of her bag.

"They will understand when I say I had a far more important thing to do." He said then took Aspen's hands in his making her smile.

"I want to take you somewhere." He said.

"Where?" She asked, confused.

"You'll see."

And she let him lead her away.

---

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.6K 229 16
Thomas accidentally texts the wrong number. The unknown stranger quickly warming up to him. They may even be considered friends... or maybe even more...
16.3K 355 30
Status: COMPLETE ✓ A dialogue story. In which a boy dials the wrong number. That leads to a series of daily conversations. Hailey Dawson enjoys her s...
45K 1.1K 31
~ Featured 2× on @StoriesUndiscovered's Reading List Tales Of The Heart. ~ Featured on @WattpadEmpowered's Reading List Monthly Spotlight. ~ Winner...
2M 158K 43
❝Hello there, this is Teen Confessions Helpline, what's the problem? Feel free to confess anything you like and we'll be there to help you every step...