Persona 5: Makoto x Male Read...

By Xanitus

(Y/n) and Makoto were childhood friends and go to Shujin Academy together but once they got into their third... More

"A Date"?
Makoto's Birthday Special

It's been awhile

4.3K 16 9
By Xanitus

Hey everyone this was a sudden thing but I wrote this over the week. I just wanted to take a break from RWBY for a bit so I decided to go with this but a chapter should be coming up soon for the Ruby x Reader fanfic. Back to talking about Persona 5, I've been so addicted to it. I bought it after New Years and man I wish I got this game sooner because I'm really enjoying it and Makoto became my favorite character. So, I recommend checking the game out if you're into JRPG but anyways here's my story with her and a male insert. I hope you enjoy!

Disclaimer: I do not own Persona 5 (Just to be safe)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Y/n)'s POV

6/4

Another day at Shuji Academy. I was an average student in class. I usually get B's but lately my grades were starting to drop not by much, they were at a low C. I sigh knowing my struggle but just continue walking until I got to my classroom. I entered the classroom and noticed that I got here earlier than I thought, seeing that no one was in the room. I walked over to my desk and sat down on my seat.

"So sleepy." I said and putting my head down on the desk. I then closed my eyes trying to go to sleep. I then heard the classroom door open, I still had my face on my desk trying to sleep until I felt the presence of someone in front of me. I already had an idea of who it was so I looked up and my guess was right. It was my childhood friend, Makoto Niijima. It's been awhile since we talked to each other, ever since she became the student body president in the beginning of our 3rd year in Shujin, we had less time hanging out with each other. There would be times I would invite her to hang out but she would turn it turn because she was either busy studying or doing work for the student council.

"Hey (Y/n)..."

"Oh. Hey Makoto. How you've been?"

"Good...look I'm sorry that I haven't spent time with you. It's also that the Principal given me task to handle as student council president."

"It's no big deal Makoto. I know you're a very busy person with being student council president and studying."

"...Still we used to spend a lot of time with each other."

"Yeah... those were great times... but you have your studies and student council business after school and I have work after school so we're both busy."

"Wait. You have job now?!" She looked at me with a concerned look.

"Yeah. I do, it's nothing fancy though it's just a convenient store at central street in Shibuya."

"Since when?"

"For about...umm...2 months I think."

"How come you never told me about it?!"

"Well, like I said you were always busy with student council stuff most of the time and when you weren't I would usually find you in the library studying so I didn't want to bother you with something meaningless."

"...But you're my best friend... you should've message me. The fact that you had a job for 2 months and I didn't even know all this time. It shows that I haven't been there for you for so long."

"Look, you don't need to worry about me. I want you to focus on student council and your studies. Okay?" I said as I give her a smile.

"...Okay." She still had a worried look on her face but then sat down in her seat that's next to mine's.

"Let's change the subject. Do believe in those Phantom Thieves?"

"Uh. I'm not quite sure but it was strange to see Kamoshida have a sudden change."

"That's one of the reason why I want to believe them. They are doing justice to those who can't stand up for themselves and I hear that they're students from this school."

"Hmm." Makoto let's out as she looks frustrated.

"Is something wrong?"

"It's nothing important."

I just stared at her then just shrugged it off then students started to enter the classroom seeing the time, class was about to begin soon.

Makoto's POV

"I don't want (Y/n) to know that Principal Kobayakawa is making me investigate who these Phantom Thieves are...but it feels wrong that I'm keeping secrets from him." I thought to myself.

Back to (Y/n)'s POV

As class started, I was just thinking about what Makoto was saying on how we haven't hanged out for so long. Deep down, I did want her to spend more time with me...but I didn't want to get in her way. I did want to tell her the reason why I got a job but that would just worry her even more. The reason why I got a job was because around February of this year my father died. He was a police officer and was partners with Makoto's father until the day he died. My father continued working alone after his death and recently he took an investigation on a mafia group. As he was getting closer to figure out what was going on, he was killed by them... I wasn't aware of his death until Makoto's sister, Sae Niijima told me about it. I couldn't believe her when she told me that my father was dead. I was in disbelief that he was dead. It was a lot for me to take in but Sae would come check on me for a few days. She would tell Makoto that she would be coming home late because she would come and see how I'm doing. She didn't tell her that it was about me or my father because I asked her to not to. She already has many things on her hand so I didn't want to add more to it. After I started to feel a little better Sae told me that I would be given enough money to pay for my rent and food until April. She also said by that time, I should be looking for a job to pay for my things and here I am now.

Classes just ended, and I was walking downstairs so I can leave the school until I was stopped by Makoto.

"(Y/n). There's something I want to ask you."

"What is it?"

"I wondering if you would like to accompany me to the movies tomorrow?" She gave a smile.

I smiled back seeing that she had free time but the smile faded away as I realised I can't make it. "I'm sorry Makoto but I can't. I have work and my shift won't end until 11 P.M."

I saw her smile also went away. "Oh. I'm sorry to bother you then."

"I'll let you know when I have my day off and see if we can hang out. Is that fine?"

"Sure...It's just that I wanted to spend time..." She then mumbled something quietly but still able to hear her. "...and be more close to you."

My eyes widen from what she said. She then saw my reaction and realised what she has just said and blushed. "I-I'm s-sorry I didn't mean it like that! I meant like how we would play with each other at playgrounds or at parks that's all." She says as she waving her arms.

I felt bad now because she finally has time to spend so I thought of idea. "Okay. How about this I'll ask my boss when I go in today, if I can take a day off tomorrow and work on another day how's that?"

"Uh, a-are you sure I don't want you to cause trouble between you and your boss."

"No it's alright. He's a nice guy and he noticed I've been working hard lately so he's most likely going to let me have one day off."

I saw her smile come back. "Okay then."

"It's a date then."

"W-wait a d-date!" She stuttered with a brighter blush on her face.

"Isn't that what we planned? Two people going out somewhere together?" I said as I tilt my head to the side.

"R-right. I'll see you tomorrow then! Bye!" She said quickly and dashed away.

"That was...usually of her..."

After that I made my way to work and talked to my boss about having a day off tomorrow. Just as I thought he allowed me to have a day off. I continued doing my job until my shift was over and through that time I was happy to know that I'll be able to spend time with Makoto again.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry if it's short just wanted to test it out for now. I'm considering editing it over time, hoping to give more details or if it's fine I'll leave it only but I'll see later on. Anyways, I hope this was decent, like I said I'll try to improve as the story goes on and hopefully follow the game's rules but if there's any misunderstanding please let me know so that I can fix it with or let me know what you think of it. With that being said I'll see you guys next time.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

84.8K 2.4K 38
Francesca Astor came to Love Island to find her soulmate, and once she sets her eyes on him, she's never letting go. Rob Rausch x Fem!oc #1 robertrau...
747K 20.3K 75
မင်းဟာ လူသားတွေကိုကယ်တင်နေတဲ့ဆရာဝန်မလေးပေမယ့်ကိုယ့်အတွက်တော့ အချစ်တွေကုသပေးမယ့် အချစ်ဒေါက်တာမလေးပါ..... #စဝ်ခ...
374K 32.4K 92
Sequel to my MHA fanfiction: •.°NORMAL°.• (So go read that one first)
83.9K 2.8K 27
Yn was married to a cold man, Kim Taehyung, the Mafia King, who never showed any emotion towards her. He never trusted her and it caused him to take...