Angel City's Most Wanted: A T...

By After_Hours_Writer

Gunslinger, criminal, terrorist. These are just a few names to describe him. A young pilot and his Legion cla... More

One Last Crime
An Odd Encounter
One Thing Leads to Another
Enlistment
A Beacon of Hope
First Night
Emerald Forest Pt. 1
Emerald Forest Pt. 2
Leadership
Faunus Lessons
Allies
Forever Fall

First Night

7.5K 109 232
By After_Hours_Writer

Krieg's POV

"In times of war, we try to maintain a sense of normality until we no longer can. That, my friends, is called surviving. Not healing. We never become whole again."

You learn a lot from your dreams; Your nightmares. They say it is forbidden to kill; Therefore all murderers are punished. If that was true, I would've already been executed, but unfortunately I killed in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets.

The older men in control declare war, but it is often the young that must march forth to die. I remember those days like it was yesterday.

Since joining the IMC as a pilot, I felt untouchable; Invincible; Augmented to defy laws of science itself. But it didn't matter how badass you felt, you still had to deal with the repercussions of your actions. Boy do they haunt me at every opportunity. Even in the eternal darkness of slumber.

???: Krieg....

Hmm? Who's there?

???: You animal!

Not this shit again.

???: You did this to us!

???: How could you!?

Orders.

???: Orders!? Look at her!

No.

???: It was all you!

Stop!

???: You will pay for it all in the end!

GET OUT OF MY HEAD!

???: Never!

I'VE ALREADY SUFFERED FOR MY SINS! AHHHHH!

*BANG!*

Krieg: Fuck!

Back in the real world....at least as real as it could get. Covered in sweat and shaking, I got up from the bed.

Fucking hell.

Morior: PILOT.

Krieg: Morning.

Morior: YOUR VITALS SHOW SYMPTOMS OF SHELLSHOCK.

Krieg: Yeah. It's another one of those days.

Morior: I RECOMMEND TALKING TO A DOCTOR ABOUT TREATMENT.

A fucking therapist would be better.

Grabbing the Beacon clothing, I looked around for an alarm.

Krieg: What time is it?

Morior: CURRENT TIME: 8:52:31 A.M...
FIRST CLASS OF THE DAY BEGINS IN 7 MINUTES 29 SECONDS.

Krieg: Where's the classroom at, do you know?

Morior: ACCORDING TO THE HEADMASTER, MR PORT'S CLASSROOM IS YOUR FIRST CLASS...
THE ROOM IS IN THE BUILDING ACROSS THE CAMPUS.

Great. Already late on that one.

Krieg: Well...shit.

Changing into the school outfit, I grabbed an R-97 SMG from Morior's vault, concealing it in between my pants and underwear.

Morior: ARE YOU SURE ABOUT TAKING A WEAPON WITH YOU PILOT?

Krieg: With these people running around with high tech weaponry, yeah. Definently going to be packing some kind of heat.

Grabbing the Grimm book, I made my way towards the door.

Krieg: I'll be back shortly.

Morior: I'LL BE AWAITING FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS.

8 Minutes Later...

Port: Monsters! Deeeemons! Prowlers of the night!

Jesus Christ, I didnt think we were actually in medieval times.

Sitting among the other students, I listened as the oddly British but not really teacher give us a lecture on Grimm.

Port: Yes, the creatures of Grimm have many names, but I merely refer to them as prey! Ha-ha!

..........what?

Everyone was silent at the teacher's bad joke.

Port: Uhhhh... And you shall too, upon graduating from this prestigious academy! Now, as I was saying: Vale, as well as the other three kingdoms, are safe havens in an otherwise treacherous world!

Kingdoms? My god, this really is medieval times.

Our planet is absolutely teeming with creatures that would love nothing more than to tear you to pieces! And that's where we come in. Huntsmen! Huntresses...

He winked at the four girls in front. All of them groaning in disbelief.

Dude. How old are you?

Port: Individuals who have sworn to protect those who cannot protect themselves! From what, you ask? Why, the very world! That is what you are training to become. But first: A story. A tale of a young, handsome man. Me!

And I thought General Marder had an ego.

Port: When I was a boy, blah blah blah.

Lesson of the day: Keep your daughters away from him.

Assuming he was long gone, I continued to read up on the species of Grimm. A random crumpled up note landed on the book. Opening it up, I was unamused by the message.

For real Ruby?

Port: Mr. Ivanov.

Everyone laid eyes on me as I looked up at him.

Oh for-!

Krieg: Yes?

Port: That note. What is it?

Random Student: It's a love note!

Krieg: Oh you wish it was, don't you?

Random Student: Ha!

Port: Well....we're waiting.

Krieg: It's all yours.

Crumpling the note back, I tossed it to him.

Krieg: Cause it's not even mine.

Catching it, the man opened it up as I continued reading.

Port: What the-?

Told ya.

Port: What's the meaning of this Krieg!?

What!?

Krieg: Are you serious right now?

Port: Yes, I'm being serious!

I looked over to see a bright red faced Ruby and Yang holding in their laughter, a slightly happy Blake, and an angered Weiss.

Port: Your name is written on the back of it, is it not!?

Krieg: Oh yes, I totally wrote that without a pencil or paper.

Everyone looked at me and Mr Port.

Mr. Port: But really, this is unacceptable Krieg.

You're a moron.

Mr. Port: Just for that, I will have you demonstrate to the class the ways of being a Huntsmen.

What?

Port: Step forth young man.

Getting up, I approached the front of the class. The man grabbed and pulled on a heavy blanket, revealing a cage.

Port: You will take on whatever is inside this cage with only the clothes on your back.

Okay?

Ruby: Go Krieg!

You. Shh.

Blake: Fight well!

Looking over, I noticed she was holding a small red flag.

Where did you get that?

Weiss: You get what you deserve.

So optimistic.

Port: Alright!

Wait a minute... what's in the cage?

Port: Let the match begin!

Slamming an axe down on the lock, a boar-like Grimm ran out of the cage. A species of Grimm that I unfortunately hadn't read up on.

Oh great.

The creature immediately charged at me, rolling its body at full speed. I rolled off to the side in the knick of time, the boar hitting a wall behind me.

Woah, watch it Sanic!

Port: Excellent move, but what will you do without your weapon?

Krieg: Well....

Looking at the man's desk, I waited as the creature charged at me again. Grabbing the edge, I pulled the desk in front of the beast, knocking it down to the ground.

Port: Hey!

Placing a foot on the beast's head, I grabbed the R-97 from behind, loaded a single magazine, and aimed at it's head.

Krieg: I have this.

Ruby: Aim for it's stomach! That's it's weak point!

Weiss: Don't help him!

Holding the trigger, I let the rattling of the weapon fill the room. Running the bullets down its stomach, the creature disintegrated to bones as I released the empty magazine. Looking up, all I noticed was an angry Weiss and an even angrier teacher.

Krieg: What? I'm always packing.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

41.1K 449 26
Jaune Arc bullied, tormented by the students of Beacon. All except for Ruby, Velvet, surprisingly Cardin and the Beacon staff. Life has been a living...
13.5K 237 14
When tragedy befell Kai Blaze as a boy in the mystical world of Remnant, all he wanted was to get stronger, so no one would experience the same loss...
2.2K 32 17
After dying, Y/N is given one last chance by the gods and comes back to life in a new body, and without the ability to summon a Persona, or so he thi...
102 0 8
Welcome to Remnant. A world ravaged by evil and monsters with the soul purpose to kill anyone or anything, but not all hope is lost, as a new generat...