Amarendra Devasena - The stor...

By Meenu_Panda

This story is all about Amarendra Devasena, their Romance and the way they take their life with all conspirac... More

Cast
Tholi Choopu
Sneaky King
The Engagement
Devasena The Queen Of Maahishmati
The First Gift to The Bride
Problems- Just a beginning
The (Mis)Understanding
Amarendra Devasena Pelli
Shobanam- The Wedding Night
A Plan A Mystery
A Memorable Journey
Manohari's Mohana
A Sunrise With Beloved
Love In the Wild
Author's note
A fight and The Makeup
A spark
The Zaveri Nagar Mela
A New Emotion
A New Feeling
In the Dark Night Lit By the Moonlight
The Good News
A Bitter News
The Hamsa Naava
Return to Maahishmati
A Serious Confrontation
A Reunion Unexpected
A Birthday to Remember
A Lullaby
A Sneaky Plan That Failed Miserably
Plight of Parents
Brotherhood
A Friend In Need..!
The New Bonds
The First Sign- A Relaization
Dandaalayya- Maa Tho Ne Nuvvu Undaalayya
Amarenda Devasena Varasudu
A Mother's Love
The First Flower of the Season
An Early Anniversary Celebration with Unexpected Gift..!
The Yagnam..!
The Fallen Warrior
Nirnayam Lo Chanchalam- A Teaser
Rise of the Fallen
Haunting of the Forgotten
Author's note+Suprise
The War Begins!
Enter the Fortress
The King Returns
The Fall of The Evil
Doubts and Determination
The King and Queen
The Mahamantri
The Verdict!
Another Revelation
A Story to tell
The Return of Festivities
Plans!

Kanna Nidurinchara

1K 46 6
By Meenu_Panda

Naayaka rushed to the entrance when he felt the man turn to him with his eyes tearing up and also becoming red.

"Tell me I am not dreaming Naayaka"

Naayaka held the man and nodded his head.

"You are not dreaming"

"I go out for a fortnight to get food for us and the situation becomes upside down. And now this.."

The man felt a hand on his shoulder and turned to see his wife nodding her head.

"Entandi idi? Calm down"

"And Raasi is always right. Yem Paartheeba?"

Paartheeba could do nothing than close his eyes and ears and shake his head. Raasi looked at Amarendra whose eyes said it all.

"Raasi!"

"Amarendra just give him sometime to take this shock. Poor man has been going around places for a fortnight and he comes and gets shock of his life"

"Deva! Your timing!"

"Better than yours"

"Deva!"

"Rani garu! Maharaja let them come in and let them first digest the shock."

Everyone turned to see Sanga's husband Chadrayya standing there. Amarendra chuckling let everyone move inside.

"Even my wife did not take so much time to digest the fact that I am still alive and look at this Paartheeba! Drama Queen"

Devasena jabbed Amarendra. Paartheeba glared. Partheeba stood in front of Amarendra.

"Do you know how was our lives all these years? Leave us. Did you know how our Rani lived all these years? And you come now and call me a drama queen? What happened to your promise to Keep her happy always? Be by her side always?"

"PAARTHEEBA!"

Devasena called in a stern tone.

Amarendra was literally taken aback by this blast. Raasi tried calming Paartheeba down. He sat down with a thump and held his head in his heads. Amarendra too sat in front of him and held his hands.

"I did fail to keep my promise right?"

Paartheeba felt so sorry for the blast. But he was the one who was very much affected by his Queen's imprisonment. The woman whom he looked up to, who made him into what he is, the woman who took to him like an elder sister was standing there, burning under the sun and getting wet in the rain and shivering in the cold and that BArbarian kept torturing her and the yesterday born fellow did not leave a chance too.

He could not take this at all. He did not know how he survived all these days. Else he would have gone first to bring her back and would have died if he had failed to do so.

At that moment he saw his queen sitting in front of him keeping her hands above her husband's that were holding his.

"Paartheeba! Do you think he would have stayed back if he was well? You know him better"

"But.. 25 years Rani Devasena!"

"If I want, it would not have taken me a moment to break the chains and kill the monster myself. But his death should not be that easy. He should burn alive and go through hell as he sees my son alive and now that my husband is also alive, it will only make it worse for him. He should die knowing this and I knew this would happen. After all my Mahendra and Amarendra Promised me. And both kept their words. "

She said holding Amarendra's shoulder and gripping it showing her support.

"Rani Devasena!"

"I know you have been going through a lot all these years Paartheeba. But it is the case with everyone. No one here were walking on path of roses. We all knew that something bad was going to happen. But we just could not grasp the extent of it. And I know Naayaka would never send you to rescue me because he knew you were reckless at the moment. So quit moping and get ready."

"Rani Devasena is right"

Both Raasi and Naayaka accepted. But Mahendra was scowling at Paartheeba. And Paartheeba was seeing him for first time. He frowned at Amarendra who stood with Devasena holding his hands.

Devasena who saw this called mahendra to them.

"Mahendra. This is Paartheeba."

"Joining with whom you threw Nana out?"

Amarendra's eyes widened hearing this and he saw Devasena, actually glared at her. She looked at him chuckling.

"Well! He is loyal to me. So when I say.. He does"

"If he is loyal to you, why he isnt to Nana?"

Amarendra shook his head. Trust their son to state the obvious.

"They are too loyal to your Amma Mahendra"

"Which should have only made them more loyal to you. Don't they see how Amma never left your side and you hers? Then how come.."

"They thought I was dead."

"But Amma thought you were always by her side"

"Nanna.."

"Don't Maharaja. Yuvaraja is right. We should have trusted our Rani's decision. But when it comes to her.."

"You people are so protective"

Amarendra Chuckled. He held Paartheeba's hands. Raasi joined him.

"But you are here. That is all that matters."

"Yes!"

Mahendra said.

"And what should I call him Amma?"

Mahendra asked innocently.

"By my name."

"Call him Chinanna."

Partheeba looked at Amarendra with his eyes widening and welling up.

"Yeah! Raasi is your Pinamma you see"

Devasena said making Raasi's eyes tear up.

"Oh! Naayaka Mama, Paartheeba Chinanna, Raasi Pinamma. Nice! Amma"

He called Sanga who stood there smiling at all this. She nodded her head in question.

"See Amma. We have a very big family. You and Ayya always used to say that like you I also remained as single child and see I have my Parents, an Anna, I have Mama, Chinanna, Pinamma, Thatha, Arzoo and.."

He looked at Avantika who shook her head as her face heated up.

"Avantika"

Sanga smiled and looked at Amarendra Devasena who tried stifling their smiles.

"Whom you will take with you even for Sanyasam?"

Arzoo chuckled saying. Mahendra scowled.

"Anna! You hole mouth"

"Khan saab is tight mouth only Yuvaraja. But you know I am a daayan who can get all truths out of him"

Arzoo said Making Aslam scowl and Mahendra laugh loud.

"Rei Anna! You are lucky"

"Lucky? Me? Reii"

Aslam made moved to him when Mahendra in lightening speed brought out his dagger and stopped him. Kattappa remembered how Sivagami used to do the same.

Kattappa always thought Sivagami as epitome of justice. That was the only reason he always trusted her decisions. And that was the only reason he stayed put when she threw out Baahu and Devasena out of fortress.

With Bhalla conspiring on one side, Mahadeva on other and Prasanna swinging between life and death on other side, Kattappa could not judge Sivagami's decision.

One day, Sivagami was looking into the Ayuda Vivarala patralu again and was disturbed by the maids who brought in Bhadra. She immediately put the patraalu down and took him from the maids.

"Emayindi?"

"Akali Rajamata"

"Can't you get him his milk?"

"He is not.."

"Vankalu vaddu naaku! It is our responsibility to return him safely to Prasanna when she gains better health."

The maids looked at each other sadly.

"She is already getting better. Get his milk now"

She took Bhadra and tried to calm him. At that moment Kattappa came in and saw the Patraalu frowning.

"Thalli.."

Sivagami sees his line of sight and sighs.

"The Patraalu Baahu should have brought to my notice long back"

Kattappa frowned more.

"What?"

"You are getting them only now?"

"What happened Kattappa?"

But before he could say anything, Bhadra cried more and the maids come running with his meal and Sivagami got busy. Kattappa left the place in deep thoughts.

He came to the main center of the fortress and saw Bhallaladeva coming with that smile of his.

"Enti Kattappa? Saw my son?"

Kattappa just stood there.

"For all the poison, he did turn out healthy. Aint he?"

Kattappa looked at him with his eyes widening to size of saucers.

"Now I think you cannot go and tell this to anyone. Loyalties are changing Kattappa."

Kattappa watched as he saw Bhalla move into Sivagami's chamber to see his son.

Kattappa's thoughts were interrupted with the squeal of Mahendra and Aslam who were running around dueling with their swords now. He could see Paartheeba looking at them smiling with teary eyes.

"Rani Devasena! Yuvaraja.."

"I know. Is like me"

Amarendra cleared his throat. Paartheeba chuckled. Raasi grinned.

"That is the truth Maharaja"

"Why am I even asking you people? Meeru Devasena Uhh ante Oho antare!"

"Well Abbu! You are no less. Tell me one time when you denied her."

"Yeah! She asks for plums and you climb trees. She says Kanna nidurinchara and you sleep!"

Naayaka said. Amarendra scowled at him. Aslam and Mahendra who heard this came to them.

"Identi kotha kada mama?"

Devasena chuckled as her cheeks heated up. Amarendra glared at Naayaka.

"Mama!"

Mahendra scowled.

"Maharaja!"

Arzoo giggled and Avantika tried hard to stifle her giggle while Aslam and Devasena were enjoying father son glaring and scowling match.

"MAMA!"

"NAAYAKA!"

Naayaka closes his ears.

"Yuvaraja, after leaving fortress, one time.. Maharaja was having difficulty in sleeping and it was Gopika Poorninma, a very famous festival in Kunthalam. So to console Maharaja and do the pooja, in her own way, your mother sang a song praising lord and also her own Kanna here!"

And then, Naayaka removed his hands from his ears to see everyone looking at Devasena and Amarendra to and fro with their mouths open and jaws hanging. Naayaka looked at Amarendra who stood with his hands on his hips. But then he chuckled. His wife was the one person apart from his mother who could make him sleep peacefully.

"Nana?"

"She did! And I did sleep"

"No doubt.. I slept too!"

Mahendra said smiling remembering that night, his mother's birthday night. Aslam scowled.

"When did this happen?"

"When you were sleeping like log!"

"Ammi!"

Aslam complained. Devasena chuckled. Amarendra gave Mahendra a stern glance.

"Mahendra!He is your Annaiyya!"

"Nana! He is always..."

"Nana is right Mahendra!"

"Ammi! Leave him. He is my Thammudu. He has that much rights.. And you Abbu.."

Amarendra's face slowly took a glow as she slowly smiled. Devasena smiled and held Amarendra's hands. Aslam smiled as Arzoo held his shoulder.

"Well, Abbu! Tell me.. Is Ammi's voice really that sweet?"

Amarendra gave a thoughtful look.

"I don't know. I sleep. May be to escape her voice? AHH!"

He winced and turned to see Devasena glaring.

"Thappu Maharaja. Forgot how happily you enjoyed her singing?"

Amarendra looked down and shook his head and Devasena understood that her husband was smiling his shy smile. She chuckled.

Devasena remembered how disturbed Amarendra was at that time. He was working hard. He broke rocks and understood the difficulty of his people. He made a lot of equipments to make their work easy.

Devasena watched as he planned and beautifully made machines that would make things easy. And she stood by him and helped him in a way she knew too. Like, to cut logs, she made the sharp cutters which her husband would fix it in his machine. Naayaka would help him with erecting the machines and running them along with the villagers.

A lot of work and her husband earned their living. They were happy. But her husband was not happy. He missed his mother. And he wanted to feel their baby who always managed to let its presence known to her but not him. Everytime she told him that the baby kicked, he would come running to feel only to shake his head. But he never lost the smile.

Today her husband made a well on the land such that the pond water that was in the low fills it up and ladies could easily fetch water without climbing those rocks. It was dangerous as one of the kid was about to fall into the pond.

Amarendra made a temporary wall around too. Apart from all this, Amarendra and Devasena gained not just villagers' love but also their trust. Whenever they had problem they came to them and Amarendra gave them best solutions and he never forgot to consult her. He was their uncrowned king.

Devasena chuckled as she churned the butter when she felt her baby kick.

"Em Nanna. You always do this. Your father loves you more. Why cant you let him feel you?"

She felt a kick and chuckled.

"I so think you are going to be like me in troubling him"

She felt the kick again and giggled. She took the butter and checked and knew it was ready. She took the butter and changed into another pot and kept a little on a clay plate in front of the Lord Krishna idol that she and Amarendra made from clay the day they made this place home.

She waited for her husband to return home so that she could give offerings to the full moon and pray. And her husband came dropping his tools outside and went around the house to clean himself off the dirt.

She looked at her bump and smiled.

"Nanna! Your nana is here"

And she felt a kick which made her caress her bump lovingly and her husband came to her nodding his head in question. She too nodded back. Holding his hands she kept it on her as she felt another kick. He smiled.

But then his smile faltered. She shook her head and he too shook. Her eyes lowered not able to take this game their baby was playing. At that time she felt Amarendra cup her face and made her eyes meet his.

"Deva! Shh!"

She let her head fall on his shoulder. Then she felt him take a deep breath. She looked up to see him look here and there and rest on the freshly churned butter and she chuckled. With his arm around her, she walked to the idol and lit the lamp.

"Kothaga chilikina Venna!"

Saying excitedly, Amarendra was about to take it, chuckling Devasena swatted his hand.

"Devasena!"

"Today is Gopika Poornima Amarendra. Pray to god and then only."

Amarendra scowled. But then sighed remembering how his mother used to give him the butter first after the pooja annoying Bhallaladeva when they were of 8 years. After that slowly he and Bhalla got drifted but still his mother never forgot to give him butter before anyone else.

Seeing his face fall, Devasena touched his cheek and shook his head. He took the aarthi plate and with his arm around her shoulder, he took her out where the full moon was glowing. Amarendra stood as Devasena did the pooja and gave offerings to the Poornima and took her inside and made her sit there and brought the sweets and little food they could manage.

But before he could feed her the sweets, she brought butter to his mouth. He frowned.

"Kothaga chilikina Venna. Meekishtam kada?"

Smiling Amarendra took the butter into his mouth. But he could only think of his mother. He was so missing her. Devasena scowled looking at his smile fading. He shook his head and had his food and made sure she had hers as well. Devasena was about to get the utensils to cleaning when Naayaka came there and took them from her not letting Amarendra take them too.

"How do you always come in time! Don't you care for your wife?"

Devasena chided.

"She is cared for!"

"Talking to you is waste"

"You should have understood this better long time back Rani Devasena. Hope your Poornima pooja went well"

Amarendra smiled as Naayaka went about cleaning the utensils.

"How about yours?"

"Well, how much ever Sulochana could manage and how well I could handle her, everything went well"

He said setting the utensils for drying.

"Naayaka!"

"Sorry Rani Devasena."

He said in response.

"Better be!"

Amarendra stifled his chuckle seeing his bossy wife and meek Naayaka.

"Good night"

"First go and take care of your wife."

Naayaka gave her headshake and went to his hut. As soon as Naayaka went Amarendra chuckled.

"Cut him some slack Deva"

"He should learn to take care of Sulochana Amarendra."

"He is"

"Chaladandi. From what I see, Sulochana is not carrying one but two babies"

"Says the woman who never understood that she was carrying until it hit her o n her head"

Devasena glared at him as they both settled on their palm mattress that Amarendra made fluffy with the old sarees the women in the village gave.

"Devasena. Its 8 full moon. You should be very careful here after"

Devasena frowned at the way his voice sounded very tired. She looked up from his chest and raised her eyebrow as he looked very tired.

"Amarendra"

"Nothing Deva. Looks like the water.."

She touched his forehead and suddenly she felt the temperature. Not minding his protests she went and brought some warm water. Dipping her saree pallu, she pressed it on his forehead. He smiled as he caressed her forehead wiping the worry lines there.

"Its nothing Deva"

"I can see that!"

She said as he kept caring for him and he laid his head on her shoulders. But sleep was far from his eyes as the tiredness made it impossible for him.

"Deva"

He called her who kept pressing her saree to his forehead.

"Hmm?"

"Sing for me!"

He said in that tired voice of his.

"Entandi idi? Chinna pilladila?"

"Sing Deva"

She saw how difficult it was for him to sleep. Sighing she kept caressing and caring for him.

"Hmm! Deva! Santhosanga paadu"

He said scowling and making himself more comfortable in her arms. She chuckled and settled better making both comfortable. Looks like before her son is born, she already has a baby to look after. Caressing his hair she started singing.

Kanna Nidurinchara.. Na swamy nidurinchara..

Amarendra settled more comfortably.

Kondalanta bharalu kandello mosina

Kanna Nidurinchara.. Na Kanna nidurinchara..

Chilikina challa kundalo dochina

Kanna Nidurinchara.. Na swamy nidurinchara..

She again pressed her saree to his forehead dipping it in more fresh hot water. She thought of his feat in singapuram and chuckled.

Gopela valuvalotho chalegi alisevemo

Gomuga sayaninchu

Ungili vennalakai urike ubalatamuke

Oorata kaliginchu

She giggled thinking about his excitement on seeing freshly churned butter.

Mohanaaa.. Shyamanaaa..

Chalu chalu nee atamatalu

Pavalinchaka theeravu alasatalu

Virise madhilo viriseyyalu

Kanna Nidurinchara.. Na Kanna nidurinchara..

Kanna Nidurinchara.. Na swamy nidurinchara..

She saw him close his eyes and his breath becoming normal unlike sometime before. She kept caressing him and slowly she too slept leaning her head on his as he kept his hand on her bump not noticing the light kick due to his tiredness.

"Devasena!"

Devasena turned to Amarendra who was looking at her smiling. She smiled too.

"Remembering how Mahendra kept troubling me?"

Devasena chuckled.

"He never let you know his presence."

"Well he was establishing then itself.. That he was going to be like you in this!"

Devasena jabbed him making him chuckle. Both stood watching the kids trouble each other but stand with each other as shield. And Arzoo, she was a darling.

"Enti Devasena! Aslam thanaku oka Ammayi choosi pattamanadu ga?"

"Choostu unnam kadandi?"

She said not taking her eyes of Arzoo. Amarendra's hold on her tightened.

Bhalla's grip on the parapet too tightened. His golden statue did not make him happy. His throne did not excite him. His son's disappearance kept bothering him. But the moment, when his wife rebelled openly against him, was still afresh in him.

Bijjaladeva came to Bhalla's study rushing.

"Bhalla"

"Emayindi Nana?"

"Prasanna Devi has gained conscious Bhalla"

Bhalla stood and rushed immediately to her chamber. But his thoughts kept going around the last bout of poison he added to her food before she fell almost a month ago.

He went inside the chamber and saw Prasanna drinking the medicine she was being fed. As soon as she saw him, she turned her face. At that moment, Sivagami came there.

"Rajamata"

"Relax Prasanna"

She laid down and Sivagami sat beside her dismissing everyone apart from the family.

"Your son is safe."

Only then Bhalla saw Prasanna smiling. But that too was lost the moment their eyes met.

"Is he.."

"No Prasanna. He is not affected. Before anything could happen, he was out. It was you who gave us a scare all these days."

Sivagami said.

"Oh! Chelli Bavagaru?"

She asked wanting to see the souls who really cared for her. Sivagami stood up immediately and her face closed.

"Rajadrogilu gurinchi Anthapuram lo matladani yevariki anumathi ledu. There is no permission to talk about such people in this fortress"

And Sivagami marched out. Bhalla stood watching the scene with a smirk. Bijjala to scoffed and went out leaving the husband and wife alone behind. Prasanna again turned her face.

"Prasanna!"

"Bavagaru is still silent with all these means, he is giving you a chance. Hope you utilize it well. I will not open my mouth until the circumstances become worst. But if you are not going to stop all this, do not expect me to stay put. I know that you will not stay put from even killing me.But I did not fight death to become a stone again."

Saying she called for her maid and asked for her son.

Bhalla walked out in anger, rage that kept building exponentially. His brother! His wife! EVERYONE! He wanted no one. His throne was all he needed and he was not going to let anyone come in between. Especially not now when he has done so much to get here.

He had to see Mahadevaraya. His Mama!

Bhalla scoffed thinking of the man. He thought that he could kill him and capture Maahishmati throne to himself for which he used Bhalla as a pawn. But he failed to understand who was the pawn and who was the kingmaker. But his death did prove pretty useful to him.

He walked to the fortress center as kept looking at his statue that was no more a symbol of his victory but a reminder of something he never wanted to think of. He looked up at the moon that was reducing its size. Tomorrow was Dahana Pandaga and he was so sure that wherever she was, she would come. He smirked looking at the shackles that he preserved for her. He took them in his hands and held them tight.

"Neekosame eduruchoostunnayi ee sankellu Devasena. Choodam"

Saying he walked back inside.

"AMMA!"

Devasena and Amarendra turned to see Mahendra standing there.

"Tomorrow.."

"We know!"

"How are we going to.."

"Mama"

Amarendra called Kattappa who came rushing.

"Your Sena, and other people in Maahishmati, everyone should leave the place by sunrise tomorrow. And this time, it will be done in way that it would reach him"

"But.."

"Its a war call Mama"

"Abbu! We can call my friends.."

"Ledu Aslam. Maahishmati will fight its own fight."

Devasena said determinedly. Amarendra nodded supporting her.

"And you two?"

"Devasena will be leading! Just like Amma used to."

"And you nana?"

"I will be there. But like your Amma asked for, it will be you who will take lead Mahendra."

Devasena was taken aback. Her husband was not fighting?

"I am not backing away Deva. I will be there. You will see"

He grinned. She understood that her husband had something in his mind. She nodded.

"Baad mein! Ammi Abbo. Dinner and medicines!"

"Arey Jahnnum! We are discussing something important."

"For which their health is important!"

Aslam shook his head making everyone giggle.

"Mama! Get on with it and Paartheeba the weapons are your responsibilty, Raasi, the kids here are your responsibility.

Said Amarendra and walked into his chamber with Devasena. The kids followed them.

That night, was the last night for this nomadic life. Next day was a big day and they had to get ready to finally burn the Demon who had been an eclipse on their motherland all these years. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

84.4K 4.9K 31
This story basically a simple lovestory. It revloves around two character Swara Gadodia: ambitious, stubborn and a bit impulsive. Being a carin...
107K 4.5K 29
"Maan take it " Said 5 years old akshita, forwarding her hand which have a candy on it "I don't want it ita" 7 years old abhi said in his as usual...
648K 33.8K 105
Highest Rank: #25 in Fanfiction #31 in Romance WHEN MR.RUDE MEETS MS.LOVE He doesn't believe in Love and Marriage. He...
753K 45.8K 60
"Are you trying to tell me that she may never accept you as her husband?" asked a furious Anirudh. Amar chuckled at his cousin's anger and answered "...