Perfect Fate ✔

By fanoshkaflippo

Wattpad Creator! Happy and proud. HIM: Staying the night? Not my thing. Hearts and flowers? Boring. Falling i... More

Prologue
1. Captivated
2. Something I Had Never Felt Before
3. Unusual Heartache
4. Let Me Take You Home
5. Inches Away
6. Like Never Before
7. Tomorrow I'll Make It Right
8. Thank You, I'm Sorry and Goodbye
9. I Promise You and I
10. A Way Around
11. Against All Odds
12. Fate Has a Sense of Humor
14. Work Related
15. Passing Time
16. Not Again
17. Not Just Yet
18. So Close
19. A Little Taste
20. Good Gone Bad
21. Both Feet In
22. Question Everything
23. Over and Over
24. Perfection
25. The Right Thing To Do
26. Intimacy
27. Publicly
28. Sleeping With The Enemy
29. Fight For Me
30. Come and Get Me
31. Too Late For Promises
32. Trying Hard
33. No Matter What
34. I Remember
35. Spare A Life
36. Make This Right
37. I Won't Let Go
38. Adorably Back
39. ** Give Me More **
40. First and Last
41. Don't Judge a Book By Its Cover
42. Everything To Me
43. Earning His Trust
44. ** No Life Without You**
45. Hundred Percent Positive
46. Falling For The First Time
47. Gone
48. ** Stay Here Forever **
49. A Love Like No Other
50. Matching Words of Love
51. ** A Few Days **
52. Not The Drake We Know
53. A Mere Coincidence
54. Long Gone Love
55. A Terrible Mistake
56. Worth It
57. ** A Real Man **
58. A Chance At Happiness
59. A Perfect Plan
60. Alive
61. Tonight
62. Not Like This
63. No Life Without You
64. Out Of Love
65. My Perfect Fate
Love Again
Colton's Miracle
The Good Within
A Second Chance

13. Butterflies, Fly Away

194K 6.9K 1.7K
By fanoshkaflippo

Just a request: please be kind with your comments, guys.

English is not my first language, so I'm sure there are mistakes. I'm trying my best though.

Thank you and I love you all.

Her...

"What?" I breathed.

"You should've woken me up." He clenched his jaw tightly.

"Whatever. I need to go." I walked past him. At least I tried to, before he grabbed my arm and pulled me back to where I was standing.

"You're not leaving again." He stated, dead serious.

"Why not?" I yanked my arm out of his grip.

"Because I don't want you to." He shrugged.

"I don't care what you want, Dean. I have to get to Haynes corporation right about now so I can have my interview and try to get the job that I actually really need." I explained.

"You don't need a job, you have one. From now on you'r-- wait, did you say Haynes?!" An angry, yet worried, expression passed across his face.

"Yes, I have an interview there." I shrugged one shoulder.

"You're not going there." He clenched his teeth even harder and held my arm once again, and once again I ignored the electricity that ran through me at his touch, caressing every bone and nerve within me.

"Stop telling me what to do, Dean!" I tried to yank my arm free but he held it tighter.

"No, you're not going there. This isn't negotiable!" He raised his voice a notch.

This is flying out of proportion.

"Emma, my son is right." Max stood up.

"What do you mean?" I frowned.

"You don't want to work there." Jake stated, shaking his head.

"Why not?" I asked.

"Because they are absolute suckers. Who are you interviewing for?" Jake asked.

"The CEO. I don't know his name." I shrugged.

Yes, I forgot to Google him as well.

"No. You're not interviewing for that bastard." Dean shook his head.

"No, you're not." Max followed his son.

"Am I missing something?" I looked between the three handsome men in front of me.

They do look alike. Now that I have a clearer look, the three of them share the same piercing blue eyes. Dean and Mr. Parker also have the same dark hair, unlike Jake who has light brown hair, and the three of them are really good looking. I mean, if I didn't know that Max was Dean's father I would have said that he was just the oldest brother.

"The CEO, Drake Haynes. He is a man with a lot of tricks. He has very dirty ways of achieving his goals. You don't want to be his assistant, trust me." Max said.

"And you are hot. If he saw you he will not stop until he gets in your pants!" Dean spit out.

Did he just call me hot?

"Yes, he did." Jake smirked.

Dammit! I need to stop doing that.

"Yes, you do." Max smirked.

"Okay, stop it! First of all, no one is getting in my pants; we don't have to worry about that. Second of all, I can't work for you, Dean; it will be too much for me to take. I don't want to. Third of all, I really need the job, so I have to leave now." I tried to walk past him again.

"Emma, stop it!" He got a hold of my arm and stood in front of me, blocking my way.

"Son, that's enough. If she wants to leave you can't stop her." Max said gently.

"No, I'm not gonna let her go to Haynes herself! I'm not gonna have her around him in any way." He shook his head, determined.

With a lower tone of my voice and as I shook my head slightly I said, "Dean, you don't make any sense." He took a deep breath and let go of my arm.

"I know. I-I'm sorry." He sighed and I heard Mr. Parker gasp.

"Just don't go, okay? Work for me." He lowered his voice and his hand held mine.

Oh, god. There are butterflies in my stomach! Why are there butterflies in my stomach? Butterflies, fly away!

"No." I cleared my throat.

"Please?" He lowered his head an inch.

He just did that puppy face thing, the one that no one can resist. Not even me, with his beautiful blue sexy eyes! Dammit...

"But.." I trialed off.

"No buts. Just work for me, Emma." He sounded as desperate as I was to do something I didn't dare say aloud.

The way my name rolls off his tongue is sexually confusing me.

"F-fine." I whispered.

I gave in. Hesitantly though, if that helps reducing the amount of how pathetic I truly am.

"Thank you." He sighed in relief then kissed my cheek. I tried to focus on breathing rather than on my racing heart.

"But if it gets out of hand with women, I'll leave." I frowned, trying to think straight.

"What do you mean?" He asked.

"I mean, I'm not going to work for a man-whore, Dean. If you want me to take the job, I'll take it, but if it gets out of hand with your women and they keep busting in and out, I'll be out of here." I pulled my hand out of his and crossed my arms.

I don't sound reasonable at all, do I? What the hell was that? Why do I even care? What would he say now?

"Done." He smiled adorably.

"What?" I shot my brows up.

"You don't need to worry about that, okay?" He asked. I took a second to think then nodded.

"Oh, boy." Mr. Parker's voice cut me off.

"What?" Dean cleared his throat and I felt my face heat up.

"Nothing." He had a wide grin on his face.

"Okay, now. Come on. Let's get you started." Dean beamed like a five year old.

"What? No, I'm not gonna start today. I mean, if I have to then I will of course, but if not, then can't I just start from tomorrow?" I asked him.

"No, now." He fixed his tie.

Speaking of, have I mentioned how deliciously and ridiculously handsome he looks in formal attire?

"No, tomorrow." I crossed my arms again.

"Come on! You don't have to be stubborn about everything." He whined.

"I can tell you the exact same thing." I raised my eyebrow.

"Fine. Tomorrow then." He barked out.

"Good. Now can I go to the interview? Just to check it out. Just for the practical experience?" I almost pleaded.

Did I just beg to go to an interview I can perfectly go to but I'm not because Dean doesn't want me to go? How the hell did this happen?!

"No. Now drop it." The finality was clear in his voice and for some reason my stomach knotted so I just nodded.

Didn't I tell you to fly away, butterflies?! Leave my poor stomach alone! Hold up though, did I just nod at his order? What is happening to me?

"Okay, this is too much!" Max yelled in excitement, making the both of us jump in our places.

"What do you mean?" I frowned.

"Nothing. He means nothing. Come on, Max. Let's go. We have a meeting. Dad is waiting." Jake said in one breath and dragged Mr. Parker out of the office.

"What was that about?" I asked Dean once they were out.

"Nothing, forget about it." He looked at me closely with a faint smile on his face.

"You are really here." He whispered as he took a step closer to me and my heart already picked up its pace.

"Yes, I am." I whispered back, looking in his mesmerizing eyes. My stomach knotted again as he took yet another step closer.

Now my chest can slightly touch his, and my heart can easily jump out.

"Don't ever do that again." He looked deeply in my eyes and wrapped an arm around my waist that suddenly pulled me closer to his chest so I had to hold on his upper arms for balance. My breath hitched and I could feel my cheeks burning, yet I didn't dare take a step back. One touch and he had me nailed exactly where he wanted me.

What is he doing to me? This is a very weird feeling.

A very nice feeling.

That you should not be feeling!

That I can't not enjoy. I'm going insane.

"Do what?" I nervously whispered. He leaned in closer till his lips touched my ear and my eyes instantly slammed shut.

"Disappear on me like that again." His breath tickled me and I held his jacket tighter.

"Okay." I breathed before I felt his teeth nibbling lightly on my earlobe.

Oh, dear god...

"I missed you." He kissed the spot behind my ear and a shiver ran through me as a breath escaped my lips. My hands balled into fists, holding a handful of his jacket into each.

"Well, good." I pulled back and cleared my throat before pulling his arm away. I smiled at him, aware of how daring his eyes were, and then I turned to the door.

"Wait, I need you to come here tomorrow at nine." He cleared his throat as well.

"Sure." I was heading towards the door when he talked again.

"But where are you going?"

"Leaving?" I turned back and looked at him.

"Why?" He frowned.

"Because I don't work here just yet. Besides, George is probably waiting for me outside. I don't want to keep him waiting for long." I shrugged.

"George?" His eyes met mine and I nodded.

"Who's George?" He asked, a little bitter.

"The cab driver. He's more like a friend now or a personal chauffeur, you know?" I explained.

"Oh." He let out a breath with a smile. "Well, text him to leave. I can take you home after we finish." He walked over to me and I found myself welcoming his warmth like I needed it.

"Finish what?" I asked.

"Talking. You owe me a story." He raised his eyebrows and I knew exactly what he was talking about.

"You're right. I do." I nodded, taking out my cell phone and texting George. I told him to go complete looking for a place and call me if he found anything worth checking out.

"Come on. Tell me." Dean escorted me to the leather sofa beside the desk and we sat down, and even though I despised what I was about to say, I couldn't help but love how close we sat next to each other, and how safe his proximity made me feel.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

215K 13.1K 38
"So, let me get this straight. You stomped all over his paperwork?" She started. "Not intentionally, but yes," I confirmed it. "Threw a drink in hi...
122K 4.7K 34
My luck with a guy has been sucks for a while. My friend told me that maybe I need to try a new way. I always take everything seriously in relationsh...
5.1K 479 34
Maan Malhotra ~ "I'm so deeply lost in my soul; how can I expect anyone else to understand me?" "A handsome and powerful CEO, he changes partners as...
115K 8.6K 46
Enemies-to-lovers * Bickering/bantering Boss/employee * Romantic comedy with a HEA He says I'm a hemorrhoid and a massive dark cloud without a silver...