After all I did...

By Russ_son_of_

Naruto has only done right, did everything in his power to help, and yet... I own nothing in this story othe... More

Saved
Recovery
Rivals
Escape
Prison
Walk
Late
Recess
Behind
Truth
Verdict
Home
Waiting
Depart
The Mission
The Clan
The Request
The Fighter
The Spar

Scars

15.5K 454 215
By Russ_son_of_

The crowd was dead silent.

"See, you can feel the lack of surprise, they have known for a long time. Hell, I bet there are plenty of traveling merchants that know what is in me. It was the worst kept S class secret in shinobi history. I was the only one who was never supposed to know, and yet it effected my life the most." The blond spoke in a bitter tone.

Tsunade had her eyes wide open, h-how did this happen. This was supposed to be he most guarded secret in the village, yet everyone knew about it.

"I've lived with their glares my whole life, their whispering and staring. Parents telling their kids to keep their distance from me because I'm a so called monster." Many of the people Naruto's age gasped as they realized it was true, their parents did say and do that all the time.

"I see, thank you for enlightening us on this subject. You gave me far more information than I ever imagined I would," The Daimyo bowed his head slightly to Naruto.

Tsunade was avoiding looking at Naruto at all costs now, knowing full and well he was looking at her. She had failed him on so many levels lately and she could barely handle it.

There was a long silence as everyone absorbed the information.

The silence was broken by a sigh, "Well, I guess if no one else wants to go, I'll give it a shot." A bored voice spoke. The man had three deep scars on his face and his black hair was in a pineapple ponytail.

Shikaku Nara was about to take the floor.

This was a dangerous man to be questioned by, he was a brilliant man. He was known for his strategy and high IQ. In trials, he was a force to fear. He always had a way of making people slip up and expose their secrets. He never asked questions this early on, he was usually the finisher. The one to put the last nail in the coffin.

The fact he was already questioning, was unsettling for everyone present.

Well, almost everyone.

"Very well, you have the floor Mr. Nara." The Daimyo motioned to the space in front of the defendant.

"Mr. Uzumaki, mind if I call you that?"

"I prefer Naruto, but you are in charge right now, you can call me what you want."

"Alright Naruto, I must say what you have done already with the questioning is amazing. I really do appreciate someone who is well prepared and not scared to standup for himself."

"Trust me sir, I'm nowhere near prepared, I'm just well informed." Naruto meets the strategist's eyes. A small smirk on his face.

He shrugs,"Either way, you have done an amazing job at defending yourself so far. Especially when you are given the short stick." He mumbles the last part so only Naruto can hear.

The blond simply nods his head.

"Now, Naruto, I am inclined to believe that you have read the report extensively, or at least more than most people here. Am I correct?" He straightened up a little.

"Yes, although beating most people here wouldn't be hard in that department, I have read it a lot and not to mention I lived it."

"Well, I would hope you lived it. Or else that would cause a lot of problems." He chuckles lightly.

This statement, as innocent as it seemed, did not go unnoticed by the people who knew the real story. 'What is he up to', was the thought running through most of their heads right now.

But Naruto didn't miss a beat. He let out a chuckle, "it sure would."

The chuckle turned to a coughing fit that added to the blood on the wood in front of him.

"Back to the matter at hand, seeing as only a few know what happened, could you please inform us as to what happened on that mission that ended up with you carrying people to the hospital?"

"Mission? Sasuke and I were in a training accident."

"So that holds up, very well, please let us know what happened on that day. Give us as much information as possible, I realize it has been a long time." Shikaku gained a smirk as Naruto caught his word play.

"Sure thing. We were training, Kakashi was helping us. Giving us Taijutsu tips and pointers. Eventually we started arguing who had the better jutsu. It started as a contest, seeing who could do more damage to objects. Personally I say I was winning, but Kakashi said it was a tie so far. That got both of us more determined, we were attacking rocks, trees, the cliff side, anything that could be damaged." Naruto explains, his head looking up into the sky.

Sasuke's eyes burned into Naruto as he explained.

"This is when I all went wrong. My Rasengan hit a rock, broke it and pieces hit Sasuke. He said I did it on purpose as a dirty trick to win, this pissed me off because I don't like being accused of stuff I didn't do. We got into it, throwing punches and fighting a very brutal fight." Naruto drops his head, pausing for a moment.

"Something wrong?" Shikaku took a step closer.

"No, it's just crazy to think that small fight lead to this."Naruto shakes his head,"Anyway, we were in a dead lock, neither really getting ahead. We both took a step back. I can't remember who did it first, but I remember both of us with our ultimate jutsu at the ready. We jumped at each other, Kakashi getting between us. My Rasengan became unstable and exploded. Pushing both of us away and Kakashi was blasted out of sight. Sasuke continued to taunt me, saying this proved how weak I was and ran at me with another Chidori in hand. My emotions took hold, the panic and worry of what happened to our teacher, the anger at Sasuke and his incoming attack." Naruto gets a bit choked up and lowers his head so his face isn't visible.

"The cloak covered me and I had to act before I was hit. I jumped at Sasuke, trying to grab his arm and stop the attack. I missed horribly, my claw tore across his face, giving him that scar, and his Chidori went straight through my chest. The force I swung sent him flying the other direction and hit the cliff wall. I panicked and ran over to find him unconscious. I used my chakra cloak to pick him up and ran. I found Kakashi on the way and brought him with. You know the rest after that." He croaks out the last part. His voice filled with regret.

Sasuke had to look away from Naruto. Tsunade's face was stone.

"Thank you, this must have been hard on you. I also thank you for showing us even more than the report said. You definitely open everyone's eyes, to more things than one." Shikaku stated, the last part was more to himself as he thought of how good of an actor this kid was.

All of Naruto's friends were shocked, they expected him to come unglued and say the truth, but he didn't, he did something they will not soon for get. He did the best acting to cover up a lie anyone had seen.

"I do have a few questions though." Shikaku ominously says as he starts to pace.

"Feel free to ask, you are the most qualified to ask."

"Now, I'm not completely sure of this, but when you came back from getting Tsunade, it was said you already mastered the Rasengan. Isn't that right?"

"Yes, you are correct. I mastered it."

"Then how did your Rasengan become unstable and explode? If it is mastered, it wouldn't backfire." The stoic man interrogated.

"You are right, but when Kakashi got between us, I panicked and lost focus on it. And in that moment it was over."

"Fare enough, you are young, so your emotions could have been enough to throw you off. Which bring me to my next question, why did the cloak appear in the first place? Just because of your emotions?" He shrugs, finding that answer good enough.

"Yes, that's how it works, I was under a lot of emotional distress and my life was in danger. So the cloak appeared as a self preservation ability the fox used to keep me alive. All the conditions were met for it to happen."

"But you stated earlier you have spoken to the fox, so how do we know you didn't ask it for power?" His questioning getting more like a fight, looking for any weakness. Trying to finish his enemy.

"You think I had enough time to ask for help in the middle of a fight? Did you miss the part where I was being charged with a very deadly jutsu? I didn't have time to think, let alone spark up a conversation." Naruto raised his head and looked into Shikaku's. Both with a determined look.

They stared at each other. One looking for weakness, the other not letting any show.

"Something wrong? Are you already out of questions?" Naruto asked in a dangerous tone.

The tension in the air was suffocating. No one had seen anything like this. Someone who was putting up so much of a fight against Shikaku was unheard of. Even the Daimyo was impressed, he had seen the man in action before, but nothing was ever this tense.

"I must say, you do have a great memory, even for passing out from blood loss when you got to the hospital."

"Oh really? Because I'm pretty sure it was also because of chakra exhaustion. The Nine Tails would have prevented a blood loss issue." Naruto smirked.

"Then why are you still bleeding? If the Nine Tails is so great, then why aren't your wounds closed up?"

"You must have a bad memory, here let me show you why I'm not healed yet." Naruto puts his chin down and pull his shirt up a little. He keep pulling it up until his chest is visible again. "These tags prevent any chakra usage. Or did you forget that part too?" Naruto taunts.

"I see, so it can't bypass the tags?"

"I have no clue, but it doesn't seem to be putting in an effort to."

"I see, however, I noticed something. We can clearly see Sasuke's scar, so we know you hit him, but I don't see a scar from his chidori. Care to explain? Because it almost looks like you were the only one that did damage."

"I can show you, but they won't like it." Naruto nodded to the council and the crowd.

"And why is that?"

"There are tags covering them."

"Them?"

"Did I forget to mention his arm went all the way through me? Or did you forget something again? I have two scars, an entrance and an exit scar. And the only way to see them are to take off a few tags."

Shikaku looks over at the Daimyo, "I believe it is needed to see the scar to make sure he is telling the truth. Do I have permission to remove a few tags?"

He nods, but a civilian council member stands, "And risk him being able to attack everyone here? I think not!"

"While I understand your point, we can just put a few more on him somewhere else and have a byakugan watching him the whole time." Shikaku casually states.

"Don't worry, Ill keep an eye on him." Hiashi says as his eyes activate and the veins around his eyes pop out.

The Daimyo nods, "Very well, please reveal the scar for us to see."

Ibiki gets up and lifts Naruto's shirt for him.

"Thanks, ok put your hand on my left peck and on my left shoulder blade. Up a little, there." Naruto guides his hands with his words.

The two tags are ripped off and there is a bit of a gasp that escapes a few people when they see it.

The scars were beyond imagination.

The entrance scar was a large round scar with what looked like small lighting bolts coming from the center. The deepest part is clearly where the arm went in. This was the deepest scar most have seen.

Shikaku takes a deep gulp as he looks at it. Naruto constantly staring at him. "You wanted to see this. Don't just look at one, the other is just on the other side. Or did you forget I said there are two? They both have their own....unique properties." Naruto states darkly.

Shikaku slowly moves and stares at the exit scar. This one was somehow more unsettling.

Although it wasn't as wide where the hand clearly came out, the true sight was the scars branching from it. Branching from the central depression was a tree of lighting bolt shaped scars that went in every direction. Most of the damage was covered by other tags or blood, but the point was made by what was visible. This is where all the power blasted out from.

Both looked like stars, but instead of flames emitting from it, lightning shot from it.

Shikaku put a hand over his mouth, he though the scars on his face were bad. But this, this was a whole other level. This should not have been survived. He had to resist the urge to gag.

"It's a shame really, they are beautiful scars. But now they will be covered by the ones I just got on my way up here." Naruto's dark voice sent a chill up everyone's spine.

Sasuke had never seen the damage he did to Naruto before. He knew chidori was a killing attack. But this scar, it was worse than that. It was proof that he tried to kill his friend for more power. A tear leaked from his eye as he stared at the scars in pure shock.

Tsunade had never seen that scar before, she didn't even know he had a scar, let alone two. Everything in her screamed to look away but she couldn't.

The Daimyo wasn't much better. He normally didn't show emotion or what he was thinking during trials. This was beyond his ability to comprehend. He didn't realize how dangerous the shinobi life really was.

The crowd was in total silence as the ones that could see the damage stared in utter disbelief.

"Was it worth it? Was I truthful enough for your taste? Or do you want to humiliate me some more? I can show you the seal that holds the Nine Tails in. I can show you the full scar if you take all the tags off my back, will that be enough for you? I feel like you don't see enough of the 'truth'." Naruto's dangerous and dark voice floating through the empty air.

All shinobi there knew what he mean. Scars weren't something you wanted people to see. Ibiki of all people knew all to well about this. As did Shikaku with his face scars being the least of his worries on his battle tested body.

"I-I'm so sorry, I over stepped my bounds." The strategist backed away slowly.

"Don't pussy out on me now Shikaku, I'm just getting started! I love the attention! How do you want to humiliate me now? Strip me naked and parade me around town? I know! How about you toss me into the crowd and have the mob add to my collection? The scar on my head simply won't cut it!" Naruto yelled.

"Naruto, that's en-" Tsunade started to say,but was cut off almost immediately.

"Can-it Hokage! This is my defense, let me defend myself! Now, have a look everyone! Look at my scar! Now look at Sasuke's! I did that to him! He did this to me! He got a concussion, a few fractured bones, and a blemish on his face! I got a hole ripped through my body! Neither of us hold it against each other! All of you are the ones making this domestic dispute, into a complete cluster FUCK!" Naruto screams at the crowd, his voice echoing through the town.

After this outburst, Naruto starts coughing again. But this time, it doesn't seem to stop as easily. Ibiki had dropped the blonde shirt already and was backing up slightly too. The blood coating the area of the platform around him was unsettling. Between the blood from his feet, his head, and his coughing the wood was a horrible red.

The entire center watched as Naruto splattered his life force on to the floor. The people who couldn't see could only listen to his sickly breathing.

After a little while longer, he slowly breathed in and out. Gaining his composure. His head low and his shirt now with red splotches on the front. Naruto shook his head slowly.

"My deepest apologies, my lung isn't completely healed so if I get worked up. Well, you saw. These tags aren't helping either, normally the Nine Tails keep this from happening.  Please forgive me Lady Hokage, I stepped out of line, punish me as you wish" Naruto's mood switched like a light.

"No Naruto, it's my fault. I did something unforgivable. I won't ask you anymore questions." Shikaku bowed deeply to the two thrones and turned to the prisoner and began to bow.

"Don't be so hard on yourself, you were doing your job. Feel free to ask more. I liked our little game."

"No, I need to leave with what pride I have left." With that, the smartest man on the bench took his seat and hung his head low. Ashamed of his actions.

The Daimyo nodded and looked over at Tsunade, "How do you wish to punish him for disrespecting you?"

"I will not punish him, it was as he stated. I was interrupting his defense. Even if it was very....unorthodox." She mumbled back, still in a bit of shock.

"Very well, Ibiki. Please have a seat again. Are there anymore questions for the young Naruto at this time?" No one stands, "With that part done, let us now begin calling witnesses. Would the council like to call up a witness?"  The man of power asks as he turns his gaze to the bench.

"Yes, your honor, we would like to call on Kakashi Hatake to the stand." A civilian council member stands. His light brown hair reaching his shoulders and framing his face.

"He is currently on a mission to provide backup to Team Guy and Sakura. They should be returning today. If they return before the trial is over you may call him again." Tsunade states as she looks over at the man.

"Alright, then I would like to call an ANBU member to the stand." He casually states, not worried about not having one of his witnesses yet.

"And which one do you want to see?" Tsunade asks in an irritated tone.

"We would like to speak to code name 'Dolphin'. If he his available of course." He gives a sweet smile.

"What? N-" Tsunade began, but once again was cut off.

A plum of smoke appeared on the platform. As it dissipated a figure was revealed. An ANBU was standing perfectly still, his brightly colored mask covering his face and a cloak of some kind covering his hair.

"Don't worry Lady Hokage. I can handle a few questions. Besides, my mission has already ended." He turned his body to look at her. His voice almost reassuring her.

The medical expert sighs, "Fine, whatever you say." Waves her hand dismissively.

"Thank you, now Mr. Dolphin. Could you explain to everyone what your top secret mission was?"

"My mission was given to me by the Third Hokage. I was assigned to watch over Naruto Uzumaki, until he became a ninja, and make sure he didn't learn of what was in him for as long as possible, if ever. I was also tasked with watching for a change in attitude that could suggest the Nine Tailed Fox was, at minimum, influencing him." The man replied in an almost robotic voice.

"You've been in the force a long time, no to mention was a part of one of the longest missions in history." The man started to pace, his foot steps slow and calculated.

"Indeed it was."

"Would you care to tell us if anything, in all your time watching him, would cause suspicion? Any thing that could point to the demon's manipulation?"

"As all of my monthly reports stated, there was no change in him through his entire childhood. Nothing that caused concern." The masked man shook his head.

"There weren't any sudden out bursts? No sudden anger?"

"None, he was a happy-go-lucky kid since the start. Anger only showing when the villagers would stare and whisper about him. The anger was only caused by confusion at his situation."

"Is that so? You also kept the mission going even after he became a ninja, why was that? Were you not convinced he was stable?"

"I did it because the third Hokage asked me to. He wanted to be absolutely sure nothing went wrong. I didn't follow on missions,  but I kept an eye on him while he grew as a ninja in the village. I was also in deep undercover work and didn't want to cause suspicion and suddenly be gone."

"What was this undercover work?" The man stopped pacing.

"I cannot reveal that without revealing who I am." Dolphin shook his head.

"No please, I agree with the council for once. I sure as hell would like to know the person who watched me my whole life, didn't help in any way, and helped keep me in the dark." Naruto raised his head, his glare burning into the mask of the ANBU.

Dolphin paused, he turned to the Hokage to see what he should do.

"Your mission is over, so you don't need to hide it any longer. It's up to you to reveal who you are." She spoke apprehensively. Scared of what this was going to lead to.

Dolphin nods his head, "Then I guess I don't need this mask and cloak anymore."

The masked man reached up and slowly pulled his hood down, a spiky and brown ponytail popping up. A pineapple haircut that Naruto knew all too well.

His eyes widen and a look of pure disbelief and panic on his face, "No."

Dolphin reaches up and grips the mask,  bringing it down.

Naruto shakes his head, "No....No, No! It can't be!"

Black eyes meet his blue ones. He tosses the mask aside his face in plain view for everyone to see.

Naruto looks at the man's nose. A scar running over it, stopping just below each eye.

"NO! I trusted you! You were a father to me!"

The man looks blankly down at the young ninja as he breaks down, crying and saying 'no' repeatedly. Naruto's body shaking as he cries.

All of the young people gasp as they see someone they all trusted and looked up to. Shock hitting them all to the core. Many of the council member looking on in disbelief As a man that they all knew was secretly an ANBU.

There, standing in front of Naruto, was none other than Iruka Umino.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

572K 15.6K 40
I DO NOT OWN ANY CHARACTERS OR ANYTHING USED IN THE STORY EXCEPT FOR THE PLOT
711K 22.5K 35
Just read it, I'm sure you'll love a cute MadaNaru fanfic. Ps. I do not own Naruto, I only own the plot of this story.
205K 5.8K 10
CURRENTLY EDITING 1/9 "No one would care, right?" Is what Naruto thinks everyday. After having no one in life that cared for him, Naruto had thoughts...
39.3K 675 17
I do not own any of the characters only the plot.