Ya Amar (My Moon)

By Queen_of_blooms

It took a wrong turn to align their paths. They met at a time when both were lost souls, navigating through l... More

**One**
**Two**
**Three**
**Four**
**Five**
**Six**
**Seven**
**Eight**
**Nine**
**Ten**
**Eleven**
**Twelve**
**Thirteen**
**Fourteen**
**Fifteen**
**Sixteen**
**Seventeen**
**Eighteen**
**Nineteen**
**Twenty**
**Twenty one**
**Twenty two**
**Twenty Three**
**Twenty Four**
**Twenty Five**
**Twenty Six**
**Twenty Seven**
**Twenty Eight**
*Twenty Nine**
**Thirty**
*Thirty One**
**Thirty Two**
**Thirty Three**
**Thirty Four**
**Thirty Five**
**Thirty Six**
**Thirty Seven**
**Thirty Eight**
**Thirty Nine**
**Forty**
**Forty One**
**Forty Two**
**Forty Three**
**Forty Four**
**Forty Five**
**Forty Six**
**Forty Seven**
**Forty Eight**
**Forty Nine**
**Fifty**
**Fifty One**
**Fifty Two**
**Fifty Three**
**Fifty Four**
**Fifty Five**
**Fifty Six**
**Fifty Seven**
**Fifty Eight**
**Fifty Nine**
**Sixty**
**Sixty One**
**Sixty Two**
**Sixty Three**
**Sixty Four**
**Sixty Five**
**Sixty Six**
**Sixty Seven**
**Sixty Eight**
**Sixty Nine**
**Seventy**
**Seventy One**
**Seventy Two**
**Seventy Three**
**Seventy Four**
**Seventy Five**
**Seventy Six**
**Seventy Eight**
**Seventy Nine**
**Epilogue 1**
**Epilogue 2**
**Epilogue 3**
Appreciation
NEW STORY

**Seventy Seven**

2.8K 388 105
By Queen_of_blooms

My eyes trailed her features, one after another until it ended at her toes. Her smile was sweet but there was a warning not to trust her. The lemon green and pink salwar kameez she had on was pretty. Tresses of black hidden under a transparent dupatta fell down her back complementing her creamy skin. Silver bangles adorned her slim wrists. Her defined face made up to perfection. I shifted my eyes to the butler next to her.

“Assalamu alaikum” she greeted flashing her white teeth. Her perfume overpowered the air in the foyer.

“Walaikum salam” I said taking sudden dislike at her. I don’t know why but just have a feeling she was no good.

“Leonard” I heard Nani’s voice. Nani walked into the foyer. “Arzoo!” she beamed taking steps as fast as her legs could lift her.

“Nani” Arzoo grinned rushing to Nani. Okay, that made me dislike her more.

“Beta” Nani kissed her forehead. She took Nani’s hand into her hands and kissed the back before placing a kiss on Nani’s sagged cheek. “Leonard, keep her bags in the room the maids cleaned for her”

So they were expecting a guest. I did not know about that. This guest was beautiful which was kind of intimidating. With a sweet face, I knew I had to keep my guard up.

“Who is she Nani?” I asked.

“Noor, you are there? Meet Arzoo. Arzoo meet Noorie”

“Amir’s wife right?” Arzoo questioned.

“I sent her picture to you few days ago”

“Why will you sent my picture to her?” I asked displeased but still tried to be polite.

“I had to know the wife of the man I would be getting married to soon”

“Excuse me?” I got down from the staircase. “You must be mistaken”

“Nani, you have not said anything to her?”

“I wanted to but it skipped my mind” Nani answered.

“Are you both joking?”

“I am sorry Noorie” Nani walked closer. “I forgot to tell you. Amir would be getting married soon”

I recoiled at her words. She said it so easily as if it was something that was normal. She just told me Amir would be getting married soon and the words left her lips nonchalantly.

“Let that be a joke” I stepped closer knowing the effect of what she had just said had on me.

“It isn’t. I just arrived from Pakistan for the marriage”

“Shut your trap for now!” I snarled at Arzoo.

“You should not talk to me that way. We shall soon be mate and shall share the same man under the same roof”

“Oh please, dream on and Nani” I felt the anger rising inside me. “What trash is she talking about?” I was getting annoyed and my manners were going with it. God, please let this just be a joke. I tapped my feet nonstop on the floor.

“Noor, she just said the truth” Nani still had her sweet smile on. What an old hag! She just stabbed me in my back and can still smile.

“Arzoo” I heard Khala’s voice. There was a squeal then khala rushed to hug Arzoo. So she knew about this? I might just commit murder today. My head was growing up with rage beginning to flow through my veins.

Arzoo was led to the living room. These people have gone nuts. I clenched my hand. Joyful screams came from the living room from voices I knew. I could see something bad coming my way. Amir did not know about this right? What nonsense are they talking about? A second wife for my husband. That should be a joke please. I walked to the living room waited patiently for then to squeal and rejoice on Arzoo’s arrival before showing them how fanatical I could be. I could feel my blood boiling. When Arzoo settled down next to Nani who was so sweet to her, I stepped into the middle of the living room.

“Noorie” Khala jumped up from the chair. “This is Arzoo. Nani must have told you who she is right?”

“Of course, a nightmare” I scorned. “What marriage is Nani talking about?”

“Her marriage to Amir” Ayat mami chipped in. I balled my fist.

“Sorry, you all must be mistaken. Amir is married to me”

“But that does not stop him from marrying me right?” Arzoo said. I sent my blazing glare to her.

“Dream on girl. You are not marrying him”

“What gives you the assurance?” she stood up with a challenging look. What an attitude? I chose to ignore her for a while. This girl has guts. God! I will snap her neck. Something kept pulling me to do so. Noor, just twist her neck! A voice kept screaming in my head.

“Can you make this thing clear Nani?”

The men were not home. They had all left for work. Zoya bhabi walked in with her baby in hand. Sahibah bhabi came in next with the kids behind them screaming and shouting. The noise halted.

“Arzoo?” Zoya bhabi called. She knows her too. So Arzoo was no stranger. “What are you doing here? It’s been long since I saw you”

“Nani” Arzoo turned to Nani. “You did not tell everyone about my arrival?”

“Sorry dear. I wanted you to arrive” At that moment, Nani seemed like someone she had wrapped around her finger.

“Before you drop a bomb on my head!” I snapped. “Before you tell me you are planning a second marriage for my husband!” I took a step closer to Nani. There was a long gasp from Zoya bhabi and Sahibah bhabi. “Have you all gone nuts!”

“Respect Noorie” Ayat mami snapped.

“You stay out of this!” I barked pointing a finger at her. “You are all hypocrites” I glared at the three of them. “You expect me to respect you after stabbing me in my back. What nonsense? Why?”

“Nine months Noor” Khala barked taking a step closer. “Nine months! You can’t even give us good news”

“What news?”

“That….”

“Assalamu alaikum” Amir’s voice cut Khala’s words.

“Walaikum salam” Nani answered while my mouth was too tight to reply.

“You are back?” I asked. “You are supposed to come back two days from today”

“I cut my journey short” his eyes scanned the room. “Arzoo?” he called surprised.

“Amir?” Arzoo smiled, blush rising to her cheek. I felt the pang of jealousy heightening the anger in me.

“If you don't stop blushing Arzoo, I swear you will lack a face to do that!" I roared. "So you know her too?” I whirled my furious face to Amir.

“She is my second or third cousin” he looked at me then shifted his gaze to Arzoo. Oh Amir, are you hiding something from me? “Why are you here today?” he asked Arzoo.

“You know Amir. Your nikkah to her is three days from today” Khala replied.

“You did not tell me it was this early” Those words cut me. He knew. He knew about this too? Ya Allah! I gripped my head, ran my hand through my face as the feeling of betrayal began to set in.

“You know about this?” I was meant to sound shaken but I knew I dare not. Not in front of my foes. My voice was stronger than ever.

“Noor I…..” he began to speak but I laughed out.

“And you think I will make you marry her?” my head grew hot. I clenched my dress. I had to urge to do something which was just strangle someone’s neck.

“You are in no position to tell him that” Arzoo said.

“Abeg, shut your mouth" I raised a hand to shut her up. "All of you dey craze!” I resorted to pidgin (broken) English. I paced the large living room trying to gather my thoughts. “Wetin I do? Why you dey do this kind thing to me na? How could you do this to me? What wrong did I ever do?” I stopped to look at all of them. Zoya bhabi and Sahibah bhabi’s eyes held worry as they looked at me. I fidgeted with my fingers.

“You could not conceive Noor. We expected news from you but it just became longer” Khala said.

“And you thought marrying someone else to him will give you all the grand child you want and it is none of your business khala. Poke nosing into my matter will do you and Ayat mami no good. It will bring you six feet below the grand. And are you Amir who did not complain? You are not even his mother. Nani also does not have the right just because she is his grandmother. You are driving me mad right now” I exhaled rubbing my aching temples.

“No one told me she could be this rude” Arzoo gave me a disdainful look.

“Just utter another word!” I marched forward “And I will rip out your throat!” she flinched then recoiled behind Nani.

“Noorie, manners please. Mind your words” Amir begged. I glowered at him. Tension filled the air. The children watched with scared eyes and confused looks at what was happening.

“Where do you expect me to find my manners when you all make me this way? It was meant to be a surprise Amir. I am pregnant! I wanted to tell you before we break the new to everyone!” I snarled. “And this is what I get before I could tell you. You knew and you agreed to this, to breaking my heart and make me look like a barren!” Everyone’s eyes had widened including Arzoo’s eyes.

“What did you say?” Amir asked, his voice low.

“You heard me!”

I jerked up from the bed with a long intake of breath. My breathing rushed in and out faster that I could almost not feel it. My head was hot and pounding from the dream I just had. My skin was hot. I needed air to breathe in. I removed the sheets around me and threw then aside. My movement was fast as long as I could feel better. I took in air and exhaled as fast as I could. There was a strong pounding in my head. I held my head in my palms and regulated my strenuous breathing. My eyes went around the room, everything was familiar. My body trembled with more sweat breaking free from my pores.

I was not meant to have that dream. I had not slept thinking about it. I went to bed thinking about how to get better. I was still having a migraine but my body temperature had reduced. The cool air of the room caressed my damp skin making me feel better. This can’t happen right? They won't do that to me right? God! I jumped down from the bed with a strength I never knew I would have since I was still having fever. Noticing the glass of water on the nightstand, I realised I was thirsty. I emptied the glass down my throat. I needed to go to the living room. I just hope that won't happen for real. Dropping my gaze at the clothes I had one, I knew I had to bath. I took a glance at myself in the mirror. I looked awful. The bathroom became a place I could rush to. I had my bath, wore some clothes and went down.

As I skidded down the staircase, I heard voices in the foyer. They were hushed that I could hardly make out the words then the sound of footsteps coming closer. There was a faint jingle of bangles and the sound of a suite rolling. Two forms appeared after I got down. My eyes went wide. This could not happen. I screamed in my head as I stared at one of the forms. She could not be here. Not here at all. She had her pretty smile on, her eyes on me. She was just the way she looked with the same butler next to her and pretty in her salwar kameez. Her hair not an exception either. It was the same black hidden under a transparent dupatta. My breathing stopped. The air in my lungs were trapped as I was too frozen with shock to say a word.

“Ar….Arz….Arzoo” her name rolled out of my shaking lips.

Just two chapters to the end of this book. Please vote, comment and share.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

107K 18.4K 54
Copyright© 2020. All rights reserved. Completed! ~•BOOK 2 IN THE ROYAL SERIES•~ Perhaps it was the fact that despite the inner turmoil she has, some...
1.6M 71.6K 52
Just one slight mistake threw me into a world that knows nothing but crime, violence, betrayal, and death. Just one slight incident led me into the...
50.8K 5.7K 49
The things I knew that were once unethical, were bound to be saintly. The dreams I dreamt once upon a time, seemed to be an epitome of nightmares. Th...
5.9K 478 35
***I RECOMMEND YOU READ IRIKURI FIRST BUT YOU CAN READ THIS ON ITS OWN*** ---------------------------------------------------------- Nki and Ade hav...