Kalos Redone

By PokeBall252

Serena finally takes the guts to confess to Ash while the latter wins the Kalos League....in a way. Delia rev... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Epilogue

Chapter 12

6.9K 139 28
By PokeBall252

2 Months Later

Max's POV:

These 2 months I've spent with Ash and the others have been the most effective time I've spent learning about Pokemon. All of the tactics I had preplanned NEVER worked out when sparring against Ash as he would somehow find a way to knock it off and leave me baffled or feeling like a complete idiot. I used to think that the Gyms in Hoenn were difficult but that thought was smashed by the Kalosian Gyms. While Ash had a cake walk through the Gyms, I was only able to finish most of the battles in my second try. It took me 3 tries to defeat Olympia, 4 to beat Wulfric but I managed to beat Viola in my first try. Even though I felt like I was holding us back, Ash always helped me with my Gym Battle preparations. Clemont and Bonnie stayed back at the Gym to fulfill their duties while Ash's girlfriend accepted to take up an offer with some lady named Palmer or something along with Dawn, May and Drew. So Ash and I travelled alone together and we'd often run into the coordinator/performer gang as they moved around cities and would normally follow the same path we do. If there was something I was jealous of, it was Ash's INCREDIBLE bond with his Pokemon. Most of his opponents were far more experienced and had better techniques of battling, my DAD for example. About 4 years ago, just when I was two months from starting my journey, he came to meet me and May. Me dad challenged him for a friendly match and he was totalled by Ash's Serperior, Emboar and Greninja. Let's just say dad kept practising with his Pokemon for 3 days non stop after that defeat and didn't realise that it was just Ash who had drastically improved and overdid his next Gym Battle sending the girl who challenged him running back to the Pokemon Center crying. Mom gave him a 2 hour lecture about being kind to the young trainers.

"RaaaaaaiCHIIIIIII!!!!", was the voice which suddenly broke me from my reverie of thoughts as Raichu attempted to shock Lucario who just dug his right foot and left palm into the ground, which weakened its impact.

"Excellent countering, Lucario. We'll get Alain this time, right guys?", Ash asked pumping his fist earning a roar from his Pokemon.

The only problem we had while travelling was cooking. Ash had become a rather good cook. He's got nothing on Brock, but his food was good enough. I could cook too but not as good as Ash. So we used to alternate days for cooking.

"Come on, Max!! The League is about to begin now!!", Ash yelled dragging me towards the stadium with Raichu in tow possibly more excited than Ash.

"We have a LOT of time, Ash! The tournament begins only at 12 and there is an HOUR to 12! PLUS, there is a chance that we may be given the last battle which means that our battle will be only at 2 PM approximately", I told him partially whining. Raichu simply rolled his eyes and shocked me lightly.

"Gaaah!!", I shrieked as I felt the surge of raw electricity pass through me.

"Quit it, Raichu! We'll get over to the stadium", Ash told Raichu pumping his fist up while Raichu did the same from his shoulders. Soon we caught up with the competitors and sat in the seating area while the chief guests and the MC came.

"Ladieeees and Gentlmennnn!! Welcome to yet another edition of the Lumiose Conference of our very own Kalos. The stadium seems packed and our competitors seemed thrilled enough to fight it all out!! We have some new faces and many old ones. In the end, we just have to see the better battler!! For now, let's give it up for DIANTHA, who will give us the introductory speech!!", the MC announced.

"A wonderful day to all the competitors, spectators and my dear Kalosians. It is my honour to inaugurate yet another edition of the Kalos League and I hope everyone does their best. Competitors, just remember this! Should you fail to make your mark in this , this is not the last one you'll be battling in. There's always next year. Give it your BEST shot!! Let the Lumiose Conference.......BEGIN!!!" , Diantha finished and a flock of Fletchings flew from a pinata signifying the beginning of the League.

"Let's go see the matchups!!", Ash exclaimed dragging me again towards the fixture table.

I was battling the 6th battle today while Ash was battling a guy who looked somewhat like himself except for his reddish hair.

"No way!! Ritchie??", Ash asked overwhelmed. YES!! It was that guy who beat Ash in the Indigo League. Well, Ash LOST the battle. I can't exactly say Ritchie won as Charizard didn't listen to Ash. If he had listened to Ash, the results would've been different. Ash's battle was the second battle today. Preliminary battles are 3 on 3 battles.

30 Minutes Later....

Ash's POV:

"We're gonna get Ritchie this time, right buddy?", I asked my faithful partner.

"Rai Rai!!", he chirped showing me the victory symbol.

"Hey, Ash!!", I heard Ritchie call me. I grinned and wished back and we caught up on old times for a few minutes and went forward to our respective ends. Ritchie wasn't as successful as me apparently but there was no way that I'd underestimate him. Then the referee said the usual rules.

"This preliminary round battle is between Ash Ketchum of Pallet Town and Ritchie of Frodomar City. Both trainers can use 3 Pokemon and the battle ends when all 3 of a trainer's Pokemon are unable to battle! Let the battle begin!!!"

"I'll go first! Rose, you're up!!", Ritchie said sending out his Swellow who had evolved from a Taillow.

"Fine!! Snorlax, I choose you!!!"

"Rose, begin with Aerial Ace!!"

"Counter that with Ice Punch!!"

Both the attacks collided and Snorlax was unfazed and was ready to fall asleep right after the battle. That meant he was still cool and had enough power. Rose however was a bit hurt. Her tail was frozen by the attack and that affected her maneuverable nature. She tried wriggling off the frozen ice but to no avail.

"Rose, come on! You're stronger than that! Use Air Slash!!"

"Sit down, Snorlax!!"

Rose was tiring out as she was attacking him non-stop for a solid minute while Snorlax was busy eating the nearby tree.

"Rose, return!! Zippo, let's go!!", Ritchie said calling out his Charizard.

"Snorlax, use Hyperbeam!!"

"Zippo, dodge it and use Flamethrower!!"

Both the attacks cancelled each other and our Pokemon glared at each other.

"Zippo, use Dragon Claw!!"

"Snorlax, jump on my call..............NOW!!!!!"

Snorlax jumped and fell straight on Zippo's back forcing him on the ground.

"ZIPPO!!"

"Use Hyperbeam!!"

The point blank attack dealt severe damage and Zippo found it difficult to stand up but did so anyway.

"Zippo, let's show Ash and Snorlax our strength. Use Overheat!!"

"Snorlax, counter with Rollout and Defense Curl!!!"

Zippo was out of steam and found it difficult to keep his footing.

"Snorlax, finish him off with Giga Impact!!"

"Dodge it, Zippo!!! PLEASE!!"

Zippo was too much out of steam to dodge the attack and took it head on and collapsed while Snorlax jumped in happiness and shook the field.

"Charizard is unable to battle! Snorlax is the winner!!", the referee announced.

"Return, Zippo!! You did well, my friend! Cruise, make me proud!!", Ritchie said releasing his Tyranitar.

"Wanna continue, Snorlax?" I asked him to which he drummed his belly and shouted something which sounded kinda like a battle cry.

"Snorlax, stun him with a Rollout!!"

"Cruise, grab him!! Now use Giga Impact!! A dose of his own medicine!!"

"Not so fast, Ritchie!! Snorlax, roll in the backward direction and use Pulverizing Pancake!!"

Pulverizing Pancake is called a Z Move. Those moves can be used only by a Z crystal and Professor Oak happened to receive a ton of Z Crystals from his friend in the Aloha or Alola region, I don't remember. Anyway, Professor Oak didn't want so many crystals so he was happy to give me a bunch of them.

"Bite!!", Ritchie yelled desperately but to no avail. When the smoke cleared, both of our Pokemon had fainted. The Z Move made a one hit knockout on Cruise while Snorlax fainted due to exhaustion. I expected Snorlax to fall but I didn't expect him to defeat that Tyranitar.

"Both Pokemon are unable to continue! This match is draw!!", the referee announced.

"Cruise, return!! You got rid of that Snorlax. That's enough for me. At least it won't be a 3-0 whitewash, buddy!! Rose, come out!!"

"Pidgeot, I choose you!!"

"Pidgeot, use Hurricane!!"

"Rose, get out of the way with Air Slash!! "

However, the Hurricane was way more powerful for Rose to cut through it with the Air Slash, and Rose took the attack head on unable to do something to dodge it. The damage she took from Snorlax's attacks were too much for her to handle, but she kept her balance and came onto the ground breathing heavily.

"GEOOOOOTTTTTTTOOO!!", Pidgeot shrieked spreading his wings somewhat like Hawlucha.

"I forfeit the match! Rose has taken too much damage, and her health is my first priority!", Ritchie stated quite dejected. Rose just gave him a weak smile before collapsing but before she could fall, Pidgeot caught her and gave her a smile which seemed like a good-match kind of a smile which she returned weakly.

"Your Pidgeot is sweet, Ash", Ritchie complemented walking towards the centre of the battlefield and then began to pet Pidgeot who just cooed in pleasure.

"Hey, Ritchie!! It was a good match!", I told him offering a handshake. He just smiled and we shook hands.

"Your Snorlax is amazing, Ash! Admit it!! I defeated Viola on a 3 on 3 battle with Cruise alone!", he told me.

"All the best in the rest of the tournament, Ash. I wanna go and say that I lost to the Winner of the Kalos League!! I'll be rooting for you, Ash!!", he wished me.

After our battle, I went to see Max who had a huge grin plastered on his face. After his hearty congratulations, I left for the Pokemon Centre where Nurse Joy healed Snorlax. Pidgeot took no damage so he didn't require any healing. While Blissey and Wigglytuff were healing Snorlax, I used the time to read the video messages sent by mom and Serena. The entire performer/coordinator gang was doing well in Snowbelle City. Serena said that she'll try to come here to see my first battle. Meanwhile, mum was kinda disturbed by the rapid growth in the criminal organizations. She said that something horrible was stirring up but she was not at liberty to discuss it with anyone until her suspicions. By eavesdropping her conversations with Lieutenant Surge, I could make out that all the teams were coming together to form a single unit. I wasn't sure I had heard the right thing though.

It was now time for Max's battle. I did hope he would do well. We battled for a very long time every day and trained very hard for this tournament. All I could hope was that his training worked out. All I could do was wait and watch the battle unfold.

I went to see the matchup of Max and it seems he was up against the same guy I fought right before I entered the Kalos League the previous time. The dude with the red Mohawk looked a bit intimidating now and didn't seem like a pushover like the previous time.

Serena promised me that she'll be here as May wanted to be here to see Max battle. I'm not sure Serena and the others were here though. If they were here, I would've certainly met them. I didn't mind them not being here, but I did want them to be here for Max's battle.

"Pumped up?", I asked Max who was pacing across the room nervously.

"I'm very nervous, Ash!! My first loss is haunting me, man. I just hope I don't freak out. More than the loss, I don't want my Pokemon to feel like their hard work has been put to waste", Max told me his eyes screaming the word fear.

I just placed my hand on his shoulder and gave him some words of confidence which seemed to calm him down.

"Don't disappoint me, Max. I don't care whether you win or lose this match. I just want you to do your best, your one hundred percent, no less. Do your best, bud!!", I told him holding out my hand for a fist pump. He grinned back and pumped back.

"Don't worry, Ash. I owe you once again, but I'll make you proud, buddy!!", he told me.

Let's hope you do, my friend. Let's hope you do so.

To be continued.....

A/N: Thank you for reading yet another chapter and giving me your invaluable support. Please do consider giving it a vote if it was good enough. Thanks!!:):):)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

73.2K 2.1K 19
Sequel to Heartless (Amourshipping). Serena is now back to her old self and is gaining fans and friends quickly. However, someone wants Serena and w...
208K 3.8K 34
As expected, Ash begins his journey when he's 10, but he doesn't GO WITH THE FLOW. He's calm, cunning and calculative resulting in him winning all th...
89.2K 1.2K 21
After losing to Alain at the Kalos League, Ash went back to Kanto only to get betrayed by his so-called friends, including Serena. Believing they wer...
126K 2.3K 15
It's been 5 years since the group has been separated from each other. Serena and Ash never got to confess before they left. The group gets back toget...