Sin Contrato • Maluma

By moraave

Maluma, Eva, their steamy love affair, and everyone else involved. More

Prologue
Chapter 1 ● The Night They Met
Chapter 2 ● The Day They Ran Into Each Other
Chapter 3 ● The Night They Slept Together
Chapter 4 ● The Day They Had Their First Date
Chapter 5 ● The Night They Were All Jealous
Chapter 6 ● The Day They Realized It Was About to Get Messy
Chapter 8 ● The Day They All Screwed Up
Chapter 9 ● The Night They Cancelled It
Chapter 10 ● The Day They Came To The Rescue
Chapter 11 ● The Night They Made Things Public
Chapter 12 ● The Night They Showed Their True Colors
Chapter 13 ● The Day They Connected the Dots
Chapter 14 ● The Day They Took the Next Step
Chapter 15 ● The Night They Realized Wedding Season Wasn't So Bad
Chapter 16 ● The Night They Got Bad News
Chapter 17 ● The Night They Got Caught
Chapter 18 ● The Night They Made Shit Hit the Fan
Epilogue
Author's Note

Chapter 7 ● The Day They Made It Messy

1K 26 8
By moraave

Antonella's POV

I was mixing my bowl of yogurt in the kitchen when I heard a knock at the door.

I walked over wary since I wasn't expecting anyone and was home alone. When I caught a glimpse through the peephole I relaxed and opened the door.

"Hi," I smiled.

"Hey," Juan smiled back. "I didn't think you'd be home."

"Wow," I nod. "So you really are best buds with Eva."

"No, no," he shook his head. "I mean we had plans, but she wasn't answering so I thought I'd just come over."

"Are you two dating?"

"Nope," he shook his head.

"Glad she finally made a friend then," I nod and move over inviting him in.

"I'll just go back home," he declines my invite.

"Don't waste your trip," I urge him. "Besides, I haven't seen you in a bit."

"Alright," he smiles and comes in. "Where is Eva, anyway?"

"Oh, you know," I chuckle. "First of the month."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"The gym thing," I furrow my eyebrows.

"What gym thing?"

"Oh shit," I say to myself. "You don't know, do you?"

"Yeah, no. I have no idea what you're talking about."

"Forget I said anything," I wave my hand. "You want something to drink?"

"I'll take some water, please," he comes over and sits behind the counter. "Nice place you've got here."

"Oh, come on," I roll my eyes. "I know you've been here before."

"Okay, well not with you here," he clarifies and we chuckle.

"Are you sure you two aren't a thing?" I ask wanting so badly to know.

"One hundred percent," he nods. "Now that you keep asking, are you sure you and Eva aren't a thing?"

"Whoa, buddy," I stop him in his tracks. "I couldn't afford her," I joke and he laughs.

I finish up the bowl of breakfast I was eating while Juan tells me he was asked to be best man and I congratulate him.

"I'm quite offended you didn't tell me as soon as it happened," I shake my head.

"You didn't tell me about being maid of honor," he offers.

"Yeah, well," I start. "I was waiting on you to ask me out again so I could tell you."

"Oh, my bad," he smirks and I chuckle. "Not a big deal anyway."

"Did Meli not dump a bunch of shit on your lap?"

"A ton," he widens his eyes. "I just haven't gotten around to some of it?"

"Some?"

"All," Juan winces and I laugh.

"You just got to get organized," I tell him. "Like me."

"Are you an expert maid of honor?"

"No, but I will be," I smile. "You've got to see my binder!"

"Your binder?" Juan questions as I start running to my bedroom by the apartment door.

I come back with a huge pink binder and settle it on the counter in front of Juan before taking a seat on the stool next to him.

"Jesus Christ," he laughs.

"Jesus Christ, indeed," I join him. "I got all the contacts of all the places we need to get in touch with for flowers, dresses, tuxes, food, decorations-"

"We?"

"You and I are supposed to split this work," I explain. "Although, I've taken the liberty of doing most of it already because it took Felipe a minute to decide on a best man."

"He came to me as a last resort," Juan grunts.

"Really?" I ask concerned. "I'm sorry, I didn't realize-"

"Don't worry about it," he stops me. "I was convinced the only real thing I had to worry about was a bachelor party."

"If only," I put a hand on his shoulder. "Meli wouldn't have gunned for you if she didn't trust you could do all this," I explain. "With my help of course."

"I haven't even looked at the list and it's been a week," he laughs and rubs his face.

"I'm here to help," I close the binder and put it to the side.

"Do you know if we're getting plus ones?"

"I think we might," I shrug. "But even if you do bring a date you're walking me down the aisle."

"Oh," he smiles. "I'll try not tripping."

"If I fall because of you, I will end you," I warn him. "This is an actual wedding that's not a part of wedding season so it matters!"

"You just reminded me about wedding season," he shakes his head.

"Why do you ask about plus ones?"

"I wanted to ask a girl out."

"Eva?" I ask and he stays quiet. "Thought so," I try not frowning.

"I just- I guess I kind of like her," Juan admits. "But she'd never in a million years be my girlfriend."

"Well then, she's dumb," I tell him. "And don't take it personally, she just wouldn't get tied down like that."

"You know her better than anyone," he starts. "Why is she like this?"

I scoff and smirk before replying.

"She's a tough egg to crack," I nod. "And she's not one for relationships but rather...."

"Rather what?"

"I don't like talking about people behind their backs!" I grab the binder and rush towards my room.

"Anto," he calls out and follows me. "Come on, you're not saying anything bad."

"I always feel like I am with Eva," I turn on my heels and face Juan.

"Just tell me."

I debate whether I should tell him all I know about Eva and why she isn't the best of girls for him. Seeing as how I like him myself, talking bad about Eva is gonna make me feel like I'm trying to sell myself over her.

"How about I just show you?" I offer.

"Show me what?"

I walk over to him and take him by the hand before guiding him into Eva's bedroom.

I let go of his hand to open the door to the closet and wave at him to come in to see the wall in front of me.

"What is this?" He asks.

"A map," I explain. "Of all the gyms and nightclubs within a five mile radius of here. Eva rotates on free trials and weekends to all of these places to pick up guys and have one night stands," I clarify.

"You're joking," Juan starts to laugh.

"I'm not!" I say seriously. "This is what Eva does! She sleeps around and scams gyms!"

"This is like," Juan leans in and starts touching one of the little flags on the map. "Out of a movie."

"Okay, so it is ridiculous," I agree. "But that doesn't take away from the fact that she's not the type of girl you want her to be."

"You don't know what kind of girl I want her to be."

"Yours," I cross my arms and look at him.

"Alright, Anto," he looks at me up and down. "What makes you think I'm gonna believe you?"

I look over to the map and pin point the gym Eva was at right now.

"Let's go," I tell Juan. "Let me get dressed first," I say as I walk out of her room and refer to my pajamas.

"You look fine like that," Juan says when we reach the living room.

"I'm in my pajama shorts and a t-shirt."

"Yeah, but I like it," he smirks and I widen my eyes before rushing to my room.

"What a dick," I whisper to myself while I feel my cheeks burning.

○○○

I put my car in park as we sit across the street from the gym.

"Are we going in?" Juan asks.

"Don't be dumb," I swat his arm. "Just keep your eyes peeled," I say without taking my eyes off the inside of the gym. "There!" I exclaim and Juan leans over towards me.

"What?"

"Eva by the leg raise machine," I tap incessantly on my window.

"Okay," Juan nods. "This just got really weird."

"Was the map not weird enough?" I turn to face him, he was just inches from my face.

"Shut up," he goes to put his hand on the steering wheel and accidentally honks the horn.

"Juan!" I say as I dip my head down and he does the same.

"It's a busy street!" He realizes how dumb we were acting and we get back to looking at Eva flirting with another guy.

"She's going in for the kill," I start to narrate.

Eva starts running her hand up and down the guys arm then she touches his hair and the whole time they're just giggling at each other.

"Alright this is stupid," Juan turns the keys in the ignition.

"Hey!" I call him out then see the look on his face. "I'm sorry."

"Eva and I aren't a thing anyway," he shakes his head.

"Oh, she got his number," I add and then feel bad when I turn to face him again. "Okay, I shouldn't have brought you here. I'm meddling-"

"No, I'm glad," he nods. "You're a good friend."

"I'm sorry she's not how you wanted her," I explain. "Eva's always been this way since I knew her. She's manipulative and she only cares about herself a-and she sleeps around with all these guys, and there's nothing wrong with that, but you're asking about your chances-"

"Got it," Juan nods.

"I don't want you getting hurt over some girl who wouldn't think twice about you."

"Thanks, Anto."

"Do what you will with this information," I sit up. "I don't want you thinking I had any ulterior motive with showing you this-"

"I get it," he shakes his head and puts his hand in mine. "Thanks again."

"Yeah," I stare at our hands.

"So," he calls my attention. "Does this count as another date?"

"Oh, absolutely not."

○○○

Juan's POV

"Hi," Eva smiles when I open my door.

"What a surprise," I frown at the girl in a trench coat.

"Alright," she starts as soon as she comes in and I shut the door. "Not to be basic or anything, but," she opens up the trench coat and reveals lingerie, waiting for me to react. "What's wrong?" She steps back in her heels.

"We made plans for earlier today," I begin.

"No we didn't," she laughs.

"Then when you didn't respond I decided to just go out myself, and I passed by this gym on Biscayne-"

"And you saw me," she smiled.

"Yeah, flirting with that guy," I explain.

"Okay," she laughs. "Which one?"

"Keep laughing," I nod and walk past her.

"Juan," she reacts. "Why are you mad?"

"It's almost three in the morning," I point at a clock. "I'm assuming I'm about to get that guy's leftover."

"Don't be so dramatic," she finally ties her trench coat. "You know this is sin contrato."

"Without a contract, yeah," I nod. "But a part of me was hoping you started to gain just a sliver of feelings for me these past five months. I was super excited to ask you to Felipe and Melissa's wedding but got talked out of doing so-"

"Who talked you out?"

"So it was just awful seeing you actually live this no contract life when I really, really, want you to be mine."

"I can never be yours or anyone else's," Eva bites. "I am my own and nothing's ever gonna change that."

"Okay, okay," I put my hand up. "I get it. I just meant that I want you to be my girlfriend and-"

"That's your fault! You caught feelings yourself, don't drag me into this! You've been fucking me casually and constantly for almost half a year now and you're saying you wanted it to turn into a serious relationship? You thinking that was gonna come of our sex was just stupid, or you knew deep down that it wasn't gonna happen ever and that means you're okay with it! So whatever planted the idea in your head of us as a couple is wrong."

"I just want to know," I try to get her to lower her voice. "Did you not have any feelings for me this entire time?"

"None," she simply states.

"Alright," I nod. "I guess I'll just try getting over you."

"Does that mean what I think it does?"

"I think we just have to take a break from this," I point at myself then her.

"Wow," she nods before walking out of my apartment. "See you at rehearsals."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.2K 630 17
Home isn't always necessarily a place. Could be a group of people. A singular person. ---- Encanto self insert fan fiction more so centered around C...
113K 2K 71
Adrianna Acosta has been in the modeling industry for as long as she can remember. When she gets asked to model in a video of Maluma's she expects th...
433 6 16
When Latin singer Juan Peláez hires hyperrealism artist Lin Solavida to paint a mural in his home, he doesn't know what he's in for. Word around town...
225K 5.8K 22
Your typical angel and human love story.