Silver Linings

By FictionalSkies

Canada. Anywhere but Canada. The place where it's constantly cold, and rainy and gross. It's so different fro... More

Forward.
Hey there
Silver Linings - a Shawn Mendes fanfic
Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18 & Epilouge

Chapter 2

32.9K 633 367
By FictionalSkies

2

S h a w n

"How are you trusting me this easily?" I asked Erika who stood in the middle of the office with me.

"What?"

"You barely know me and you're in my house."

"Well I. I'm pretty sure- I didn't really think about that.." My phone quickly vibrated, a text from Nash.

"Dude, Cam, Carter, Matt, Jack G and I are headed up to Toronto, wanna meet up?" I bit my lip looking at my phone.

"Could I bring a friend?"

"Depends. Who is he?"

"*she and she's my new neighbor. She's really sweet. Believe me. She's never really had friends. She was homeschooled until she moved."

"Oh. Is she hot?"

"Maybe. But she's my neighbor mind you."

"Shawn?" My head flew up and I looked at Erika.

"Yeah?" I looked at her, her blue eyes shining bright and her auburn hair pulled back.

"Are we gonna do this?"

"Yeah yeah, sorry. Nash just texted me and I got caught up." I stood up and picked up my phone browsing through my phone's library.

"What about Kiss Me?"

"Perfect. But I don't know how to play it."

"I do. It's not hard. Here." I set my phone down and got up walking up behind her as she put the guitar in position. "Ok so first you start off with these chords." I moved her tiny fingers to the position taking her other hand and strumming. "And then you go to this one after playing that one again." I showed her again softly. "Then repeat that all until you get to the chorus." I softly played with her getting to the chorus. "Kiss me like you wanna be loved. You wanna be loved." I played again singing once more "this feels like falling in love. Falling in love. Falling in love." She looked up at me and smiled. I smiled back softly. "Can you do it?"

"I think so." She started playing messing up, (being adorable when she did) and continued.

"Yeah. Now there's one part that's different. The more stressed part." I showed her and she nodded. My phone then went off getting a call. "Nashley." I sighed and picked it up.

"Dude are you ok? I've texted you like fifty times."

"There's a thing called being busy assclown."

"Well then. I just needed to know if you wanted to do the meet up in Toronto or not."

"Yeah I guess."

"You can bring your friend. Tomorrow at noon?"

"Perfect. See you." I hung up and looked at her. "Sorry. Nash needed to know something. Hey are you free tomorrow at noon?"

"Yeah why?"

"Nash, Carter, Matt and Cameron, and Jack are coming up to Canada and they're going to Toronto and wanted to meet up."

"Oh yeah! Sure! Totally. I'll have to let my dad know." I nodded smiling.

E r i k a

I had gotten up and gotten ready pulling out a red skater skirt and shrugged on a plain white tee and put on black vans. I pulled my hair back into a high pony tail and curled it putting a black bow in front of the elastic to cover it up. My auburn hair always looked best pulled back. Shawn came knocking and I smiled as I opened the door.

"Morning."

"Morning." He smiled back chuckling. "We've got a good drive to Toronto. You tell your dad?"

"Yeah." I laughed as Shawn tucked his hands in his pocket of his hoodie.

"My mum's driving us, if you don't mind."

"Not at all." I laughed and followed him out grabbing my purse and wallet on the way out. We walked over to his driveway where his sister and mum were in the car waiting. We got in and started off. I heard Shawn's phone go off and him mumble something. "What's up?"

"When they said meet up I forgot there were two definitions."

"What do you mean?"

"It's a fan meetup along with a meet up for us. Aw crap."

"So you're having all these fans come to one place?"

"Yeah. I'm sorry Erika I didn't know that this is what they meant. That must be why Nash was so confused."

"I'm sure they won't mind." He nodded slowly as we got closer to Toronto. When we finally got to their hotel I then realized this might be a bigger issue than I thought. There were fans everywhere. Security kept them from attacking the car as Shawn's mom drove behind the hotel. "Oh my god." I exlaimed, shocked as we entered the room of where they were having it. Fans where already lined up and I was in shock.

"This is what I was scared of."

"Shawn!" I turned my head to see five tall guys walk towards Shawn and I. See I'm five three. I'm tiny. Shawn and his friends are 6' mostly. Maybe the blond and dark haired one are a bit shorter. But still they're taller than me.

By a lot.

"Hey!" They hugged and greeted each other as I stood there awkwardly. "Who's this?"

"Oh sorry, guys this is Erika."

"Hey." I waved looking at them.

"Wait you're American?"

"Yeah. I'm from PA. My parents divorced and my dad got promoted and all this so I live in Pickering now."

"Sweet! Well I'm Cameron, I'm nineteen,"

"I'm Nash, I'm sixteen."

"Carter, I'm seventeen."

"Matt, I'm also sixteen."

"And I'm Jack. There's another one but he's back at home. So I'm Jack G and I'm 17."

"It's nice to meet you all. I'm going to disappoint you all and say that I'm 15." I giggled when a couple of their faces became disappointed.

"Really? You look older."

"I'm five three I don't think I can look older." They laughed and started talking amongst themselves.

"Hey Erika are you a Viner?"

"Um...no?"

"You wanna be?"

"I guess?" Cameron came over as I pulled out my phone. He sat down on the floor, so did I, as I looked for the app. When I got it open, I created an account.

"Do you have a good photo of yourself?"

"I just got this phone."

"Then here. Guys, come here." Shawn sat next to me and the rest of them piled up behind us and Cameron took a photo of us. He set it as my icon."Alright first vine for Erika what's it gonna be?"

"Why not just a vine of us shouting off a balcony?" Matt spoke quickly.

"That'll do." Shawn got up as did Cameron and they helped me up. "Holy shit you're light." Cameron chuckled.

"She is I know." We headed to Carter and Matt's room to get a Vine. We got there and Shawn and Nash went up to the railing looking at the fans below. I took my phone and Vined them shouting random things. I tagged them and posted it. Shawn grabbed a bullhorn (which apparently they just have for some reason) and started telling them something. I Vined them none the less.

"Okay on three! One, two, three!"

"WELCOME TO CANADA ERIKA!" I laughed shoving Shawn playfully after posting the vine.

"You are so weird."

"I thought I wasn't?"

"I said I couldn't trust you on that." He smirked shaking his head.

"I'm telling you I'm not weird. Hey guys am I weird?" He asked into the bull horn.

"YES."

"Thanks guys. Real supportive here." We both laughed and started inside.

I really didn't know how these worked. So I watched as they interacted with the fans and did a quick M&G until they got tired. Which was at four. I was literally asleep, against a wall, Aaliyah's head in my lap. I heard multiple camera noises and gently woke up looking around. "Look who's up." Shawn spoke softly picking up his sister. "I didn't mean to sleep you know that. I was up late last night figuring out Kiss Me." I yawned getting up being wobbly. Shawn nodded towards me and I felt myself be picked up again. I yawned and curled into Cameron, who was carrying me. I fell asleep again smiling.

S h a w n

I got to the car with Aaliyah softly snoring in my arms and gently set her in. Cameron held Erika softly and set her in his car letting her sleep.

"You guys going to eat?"

"Yeah, we're gonna stop at someplace and Cameron'll drive us home." My mom nodded and headed into her car me into Cameron's.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

363K 15.1K 29
I look up at Todd's window and grimace when I see him gently pushing Jennifer into his room. So that's where he went. My stomach clenches painfully a...
9.1K 365 20
"Leave." It was a simple word, spoken softly but with fury. "You are dismissed." As I turned to leave, Father grabbed his tea cup, and clenched it...
327K 6.9K 25
"You don't own me!" I shout glaring up at him as he smirks down at me tightening his grip around my neck. "You're mine sweet cheeks. Ever since I wa...