Just Another Rogue Story

By KarmaLou

The true story of a misunderstood rogue. After living though so many hardships she always finds a new reason... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7

Chapter 6

179 11 2
By KarmaLou

Chapter 6 - Run

I had froze, as soon as our lips met my mind blanked and I thought of nothing but how his eyes held the same look of shock in them as mine did. We both pulled back at the same time but kept staring at each other. We only turned when we heard Miki giggling right next to me.

"Miki, that was very uncalled for why did you do that to us?" Gaige said in what seemed a false angry voice, but to Miki I knew it sounded real. "That was very uncalled for."

"I was just trying to get you to kiss her boo-boo better. I mean look at it, it must hurt really baaad." She smiled holding in a laugh trying to look cute.

Then as soon as Gaige was about to open his mouth to say something else she burst out giggling and ran out of the room. "You're still grounded young lady!" He yelled after her trying to get her to hear him.

"Kay!" She yelled back, I could still hear her giggling away as she ran down the hall.

My mind was completely blank still trying to process anything that just happened. Well, there goes my first ever kiss...was the first thought. I looked up at Gaige as he was rubbing the back of his neck as if trying to think of something to say.

"I need to leave." I stated as I stood up. Gaige looked surprised as I turned around for the door, he grabbed my wrist and I turned around, he was fumbling his words and they just came out in a mess of nonsense.

I quickly pulled my wrist out of his hold and left the room, leaving him there by himself. I sighed as I left the room. Now to find my way out of this maze of a pack house. I walked around for what felt to be hours before I saw what looked to be one of the packs women.

"Excuse me!" I called out as she turned around. Her eyes widened before screaming "Rogue! There's a rogue in the pack house!" She wasted no time running away leaving me to myself once more.

I looked round frowning before ruffling my hair. I could hear padded paws on the tile in the pack house. Pack warriors were coming. "Gah, fuck it! I was trying to be polite and leave through a door but I guess a window will suffice."

I turned around to what seemed to be one of very few windows and got a running head start. I crashed through the glass knowing I would have shards to pick out of my skin later. I transformed into my wolf and landed on my paws with no problem.

I turned back only to see to very large, bulky and obviously well fed wolves. I knew my only chance for an escape was into rogue territory where I could fight them properly without repercussion. As long as they're hurt on rogue territory, packs couldn't do a thing about it because they were taught the risks of going into no mans land.

I sniffed the air and could tell I was almost home, weather they followed me or not was an entirely up to them. As soon as I hit the tree line the scent changed into that of the woods. I looked back behind me only to see they had stopped, the hair on their backs raised as they growled, they weren't risking coming after me.

I stopped running and turned I wagged my tail and panted happily teasing them in my wolf form, then without notice they backed up and a very large black wolf stood between them, His scent traveled to my nose, he was the alpha, Gaige. 'Fuck' was my only thought as he growled and stepped forward into the woods, unafraid to step into my territory, that's when I turned tail and ran full force away from him.

Running was probably the worst thing I could do in this situation. Running from an alpha was almost impossible due to their speed, but somehow I had managed to lose him in the thick foliage. It would be hard for him to sniff me out due to my scent being able to mix into the woods.

I transformed as I found a few very large rocks under an oak tree, I could make a shelter out of them, I was still panting, my heart racing what felt like a thousand miles per hour. Digging a small hole and aligning the rocks into a circle I was trying to make a shelter worthy enough to even try and hide in. I knew I didn't have much time because Gaige would be coming around to this area soon, but what helped a little was the thunder sounding in the distance, the threat of rain loomed in the air.

Transforming back into my wolf form I circled up into the hole swiping my tail over leaves to cover myself. I sighed in relief as I felt my body covered in the twigs and leaves. It wasn't much shelter but it would do.

I could hear the soft patter of the first sprinkles of rain then out of nowhere it was a downpour. I sighed in relief, even if he was able to trace my scent there was no chance of it now. I managed to stay dry in my shelter although there was some droplets that still managed to get to me. I relaxed as I felt sleepiness try to over take me.

Was a simple kiss really that bad that I had to runaway from it? Honestly, no, but that wasn't the reason I ran, he wasn't my mate, I would have known that instant if he was and he ended up not being him, Did I want a mate? Hell to the no, even if he was my mate I would have ran away anyway because mates only bring trouble, especially a pack wolf mate. An alpha mate? I don't think I would be able to live with myself with their over-dominate selves.

I huffed, then stiffened as a large paw was suddenly placed in my vision, Gaige, I looked up at his wolf who was looking around everywhere else except where I was, I held my breath as he walked away, his fur drenched in rain. My hiding spot was safe and I remained undetected.

I finally sighed in relief allowing myself to drift off, it was a long day.

-*-*-

I woke up covered in mud, leaves and twigs as I climbed up out of my hiding spot. I shook off my fur and looked up, it was day time, the time I would normally transform into my human self but I decided not to do the recent circumstances.

I walk around in the fresh mud and see no paw prints from yesterday. The rain must have washed all evidence of me being here from Gaige just before he came by. I mentally smiled not being able to do so in wolf form. I guess mother nature was on my side.

I continued to wander around the strange territory. just because it's rogue territory doesn't mean I'm familiar with it. If you look at a map you'd find rogue territory is larger than all the packs territory put together. That is because packs don't need large pieces of land as they prefer to be close together so they have extra protection against outside forces, mainly us.

I could sniff around all day and not find a pack territory and I was happy with this, I wasn't afraid to walk around and hunt. I was still on edge though because you always need to be when you're a female rogue.

I hoping to find some food or hopefully a fresh water source, rain water just won't do. I had to walk around for what felt like hours until I finally heard running water at a distance, I got excited and started running towards the sound, where there was water there was also food.

My stomach growled and gurgled loud enough for me to hear and when the water was finally in sight I had to stop. My lip turned up in displeasure as I smelled pack wolf territory, it wasn't Gaige's territory, I knew because it smelled entirely different, actually it didn't even smell like a full pack.

I looked around, they wouldn't mind if I crossed just a bit of the territory just to get water would they? Nahh. I crossed over wearily as started drinking, but it wasn't long before I heard shuffling. I raised my head and saw another female wolf. She tilted her head as she looked at me, I mimicked her actions.

It was rare even in rogue territory to find two lone female rogues come together. Her wolf was plain brown and well fed which kinda confused me seeing as she was rogue and looked like a pack wolf. She stayed where she was and as did I,

I heard more shuffling behind her before a male wolf with dark brown fur came out of the hedge. He looked at her then looked at me and growled, I back up a bit knowing he would attack me if given the chance. The female wolf nuzzled him and he stopped growling but held the same distrust in his eye.

Then before I knew it the woman transformed into her human. She hasn't gone crazy like the oher half of rogues have. "Fellow rogue." She almost yelled across the water, tree brances covering her naked body. "Please transform if you mean no harm, we have food to share, please join us."

I looked at her confused then looked at the male wolf who was still practically glaring at me. I sighed mentally. If it was for food I guess I could...I transformed and looked at them. The woman gasped as she crossed the river to me. "My goddess you are so thin, how are you alive, please come with me and my mate to our hide out, our brethren will help you too."

I got a full look at her when she reached me and took my hand. That's when I noticed her slightly enlarged belly she was pregnant and no older than I was. I looked over to the male wolf as she started dragging me across the river with her. He must be her mate, or just some male who decided to accompany her due to her condition which would be weird considering how territorial males are.

"Please meet my mate Jackson, my name is Lilly, we were just hunting for food when we came across you." She smiled as we walked, her mate still in wolf form. "We have formed a rogue pack with many other rogues like us who where born as a rogue and have longed wished to live like a pack. Well actually we didn't form it Xavier did. As long as you prove that you mean no harm he will allow you to join us as long as you can contribte to the pack."

"I don't want to be in a pack, I'm fine with being alone..." I let go of her hand and we stopped walking. "Personally I'm just not a peoples person I don't think I will fit in. I'm sorry but I think I will have to refuse your offer to join."

Lilly looked at me surprised. "Why? I mean this is a big chance to meet your mate, it's actually how I met Jackson. You'll be safe, safe from wild rogues and you'll never have to fear for your life again. We'll feed you, clothe you, you'll have a small home to yourself within our little rogue pack."

I shook my head "I won't fit in, I've been alone for too long to do this." I looked at her sad face and I sighed. "Sorry."

I went to turn and leave but someone grabbed my wrist, I looked up to see a very tall man. Then with my wrist in hand he turned and started to drag me towards the place we were walking. "Hey what's the big idea! I said no! I don't want to join you!"

"Then don't." His harsh deep voice caught me by surprise. "Eat and look around first and if you still don't like the idea you can leave." I looked at Lilly who was smiling again and I sighed. "Fine."

Jackson let go of my wrist and maybe an hour walk later we were there. I almost laughed at what looked to be a tribal village. Huts made of straw, mud and rocks. People walking around in human and wolf form alike. Many were working in what looked to be vegetable field. Some others where in wolf form dragging and carrying food back from a hunt. Children where running around playing with others with no worry. They were all together like a family, something I wished I had at that age.

"What do you think so far?" Lilly asked probably noticing my reaction. Jackson looked down at me too as I started laughing. "I like it." I state simply with a smile.

I was led to an empty hut. "This is where you will stay if you wish to continue to stay here." I looked at the hut closer, there was no door, a small opening that acted as a window and inside was straw with a peice of fabric over it making it a makeshift bed.

"So will you stay?" Lilly asked with a hopeful smile. I looked at her and sighed. He face was full of hope, she was practically jumping with anticipation.

"Fine, I'll stay." I simply as she screamed with joy.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 43.6K 35
My memories always haunt me. And they never cease. They come back when I hear a simple howl at night. I wish they would just disapear, like how I ma...
694 162 9
(Completed) Life was giving her a second chance. But her past was stopping her. Will she move on?
5.6M 197K 72
PREVIOUSLY CALLED "My Coldhearted Beta" Highest Rank #2 in Werewolf (Idk how though) ▪▪▪▪▪ "I , Jake Anderson, reject you Lily Kim as my mate" "...D...
1.3M 35.7K 31
*Hi all, just wanted to say I wrote it when I was pretty young so there's plot holes, grammar mistakes, and cliches. Please don't leave hate comments...