The Girl Who Rewinds Time [Li...

By Skippy2026

Daniel Connors is an ordinary student attending Blackwell Academy. Known as a skater around the school, Danie... More

Chapter 1: Blackwell Academy
Chapter 2: The School Alarm
Chapter 3: Campus Grounds
Chapter 4: Unpleasant Encounter
Chapter 5: Nerdy Friend
Chapter 6: Heated Snowflakes
Chapter 7: A New Morning
Chapter 8: Two Whales Diner
Chapter 9: The Blue-Haird Girl
Chapter 10: The Junkyard
Chapter 11: The Drug Dealer
Chapter 12: Friendships and Trains
Chapter 13: Return to Blackwell
Chapter 14: The Jumper
Chapter 15: Eclipse
Chapter 16: Late Nights at Blackwell
Chapter 17: The Principals Office
Chapter 18: Blackwell Pool
Chapter 19: Rachel Amber Cosplay
Chapter 20: Old Memories
Chapter 21: The Madsen Confrontation
Chapter 22: The Drug Dealer's RV
Chapter 23: Pained Memories
Chapter 24: Strange Actions
Chapter 25: A Paralyzed Friend
Chapter 26: The Blade Runner
Chapter 27: Ending the Pain
Chapter 28: The Punk and the Skater
Chapter 29: The Seperation
Chapter 30: Reunited with Blackwell
Chapter 31: The Prescott Rival
Chapter 32: The Drug Dealer's Clients
Chapter 33: Putting Them Together
Chapter 35: Rachel Dawn Amber
Chapter 36: The End of the World Party
Chapter 36: The Everyday Hero
Chapter 37: Always Take The Shot
Chapter 38: The Dark Room
Chapter 39: A Talk With Mark
Chapter 40: Back in Time
Chapter 41: San Francisco
Chapter 42: The Photography Teacher
Chapter 43: The Madsen Reconciliation
Chapter 44: The Swirling Storm
Chapter 45: The Science Kid
Chapter 46: Back Together
Chapter 47: The Storm Strikes
Chapter 48: Always With You
Epilogue
Update: Life After Arcadia

Chapter 34: Some Old Prescott Barn

355 8 0
By Skippy2026

Chloe slowly drove down the dirt path that led to the barn that we located. I watched as we passed a "No Trespassing" sign. We finally came to a stop in front of the barn.

"Holy shit, this is scary." Max said quietly as we walked on the property. "I know, but we're here. Let's go find the best way in." Chloe told her.

I slowly walked behind them. Sketching out the area, making sure nothing will jump out and kill us like Jason Voorhees or Texas Chainsaw.

Max crouched down in front of the barn. "Whoa, check this out. Fresh tire tracks." She pointed out. "Dude, somebody was just here." Chloe said, also crouching down. Max stood up. "Then we need to get in that barn..." She said. I tried pulling the doors open. Locked.

"Well shit. There goes that." I said. "That'd be too easy, man." Chloe said to me. "Yeah, I guess so." I said back. I observed our surroundings. Very shitty looking for a Prescott property. "Dude, what do we do?" Chloe asked me. "I could ask you the same thing." I said to her.

"Chloe! Daniel! I found the front door! Come on!" Max said.

"Where did she go?" I questioned. "Around the corner. Come on." Chloe said and walked to the corner of the barn.

Max and Chloe carefully entered the barn. I followed behind them.

"God, this is way too Blair Witch... I have goosebumps all over." Max said. "Come on, Super Max." Chloe told her. She looked down and nodded. "Hey, check out this old chest!" Chloe said to us. She kneeled down and opened it. Which made a lot of noise. "A little louder, Chloe." Max said. "What did you say Max? It was too loud." I added. "Shut up, Daniel." Chloe told me.

"Jeez, that is ancient." Max said as she looked inside this chest. Chloe shrugged. "Jackpot. Old shit." She said. Max shook her head. "No, look closer." Chloe reached inside. "Harry Aaron Prescott and family donate new library to Arcadia Bay"... "Prescott Industries celebrate grand opening"... "The Prescotts bring bomb shelter boom to town." Chloe listed.

"Nice scrapbook." Max said. "You search for more clues and I'll scope the area." Max finished and looked over at me. "Daniel, make sure no one sneaks up on us while we look." I nodded and walked to the doors. I cracked them open a tad bit. Just enough so I could look outside. "So, what do I do in case someone is coming?" I asked. "Holler and we'll bust our asses running." Chloe said. "Cool." I replied and kept watch.

I never thought I'd set foot into a Prescott property. It feels... odd. Life is... odd. Seriously. Just a few days ago, I was in Mr. Jefferson's class, barley friends—actually, not even friends with Max. Now, here we are. Quote on quote "partners in crime." Busting into Arcadia Bays most oldest and wealthiest family's properties. This isn't at all what I intended to be doing when I was accepted into Blackwell Academy.

After a few minutes, Max finally started talking to us. "Okay, guys, I found some kind of hatch, but it's locked. I got this... I hope."

"Let us know the second you need any help..." Chloe told her.

I examined the area around Max. My gaze followed the platforms and to where they led. "Yo, Max, you can use those platforms to get a better look from up there." I pointed. Max looked at the platforms and nodded. "Good idea. Chloe, can you give me a hand?" Chloe stood up and walked over to her.

"Sidekick at your service!" She said, putting her hands underneath Max's foot and boosted her up onto the platforms. "Up, up, and away, Super Max." Chloe said. Max smiled down at Chloe. "I dig having minions." She said. Now it was all Max from there. I looked out between the doors again. Just dreading the moment I see a pair of headlights driving down the road.

Holy shit. It just dawned on me how absolutely fucked we are if we get caught. Shit...

I heard a loud thump behind me. I looked and Max had pulled down a green motor. She climbed up and onto the next platform above. After checking out the view, Max called down to Chloe.

"Hey, Chloe, can you attach the hook to that padlock?"

"Oh, you are clever. I am all over this." Chloe grabbed the hook and attached it to the padlock. "Thy will be done." She said. "Then you better step away from that hatch!" Max said. She looked over at me.

"Anyone coming, Daniel?" She asked. I peeked through the crack. Thankfully no one. I looked at her and said, "Nope. All good."

Max took the rope in her hand. She shook her head.

Nope, I can't pull this rope without tearing my flesh off. I need to hook this up to something heavier...

She glanced down at the old motor she pulled down earlier. She raised her hand and rewound time. The motor went from being below her to in front of her in a matter of seconds. But the rope had become unattached from the padlock again. So Max had to ask Chloe to attach it again.

After living through the same events as before, Max pulled the old motor to the edge. She stopped and walked behind it. She pushed it with her foot and the old motor flew off the edge. Pulling the padlock off of the hatch.

Once Max was back on the ground, we followed her over to the hatch. Max reached down and tried lifting it.

"Damn, this is heavy..." She said. Chloe reached down and assisted Max and they successfully pulled the hatch open. Once it was open, it revealed a set of stairs. "What... is this?" Chloe questioned. "Jackpot." Max said.

"Do I even need to say how weird this is?" Max questioned.

"You just did." Chloe told Max. "Who builds this kind of place?" She said. "A Prescott, of course." Max said. She looked over at me. I motioned for her to walk down. I followed her down the stairs.

"Shit, is that a keypad?" I questioned. "Yes, that's exactly what it is, Daniel." Chloe said to me. "Well, what's the code?" I asked them. Chloe looked at Max. Max typed in...

Three, five, nine. Nothing.

Six, seven, eight. Nope.

Five, four, two. Bingo!

"Oh yes! I thought that only worked in the movies!" Max said and turned the wheel on the door. Max opened the door and let Chloe and I go first.

"Stocked and ready for the apocalypse." Chloe said. "This must have cost a fortune." She added. "Come on." Chloe said to Max and I.

I followed Chloe into a large room. There were a bunch of photos in picture frames. And probably the most expensive printer I've ever seen.

Max opened one of the cupboards and pulled out three red binders with the names 'Rachel' 'Kate' and 'Victoria' labeled on them. "Come on, let's see what this shit is all about." Chloe said. "We are." Max told her.

"Okay, a binder marked "Victoria," but it's empty..." Max said. I peeked over her shoulder. "Look, the next one says "Kate." Chloe pointed. Max opened it and covered her mouth.

"Oh no, Kate... No..." Max muttered. There were black and white pictures of Kate. Disturbing ones. "God, I should have killed that bastard back there." Chloe said. "What the hell, man?" I questioned. I started to feel sick like I needed to throw up.

"Kate wasn't the first... All those binders are filled with other victims." Max said to us. "Victoria has to be next." She added. "Nathan must be planning to dose her tonight at the Vortex Club party." Max opened Rachel's binder.

"Rachel..." Chloe muttered quietly.

My heart was beating in my chest. I felt like I was going to pass out. "This can't be real... These are all—these are all posed shots, right?" Chloe asked. "Right?" Chloe asked again, clearly starting to freak out. "Chloe. Look at her face. She's... out of it." Max said. Chloe quickly looked up at Max.

"Maybe—maybe Nathan paid her a shitload of cash to do this. She probably would have." Chloe looked at me. "Wouldn't she, Daniel?" I couldn't talk. I just looked between Chloe and the pictures. "I don't think so. Why is he putting her in the ground like that? Where—"

"The junkyard!" Chloe interrupted Max.

"Guys, we have to find that spot, now! Then we can see what he did..." Chloe said. "There's no way she's dead. No way! She posed for those pictures, guys. I know it, please... let's go." Chloe said and quickly walked around the desk. I followed right behind her.

Max looked down at Rachel's photos. She looked back at Chloe and Daniel quickly walking away. She closed Rachel's binder and quickly ran to catch up to them. They were going to the junkyard.

And they were going to find Rachel.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

449 3 11
Zabrina has been through so many challenges in the past, and now she's back. After Rachel Amber's disappearance, she and her older sister, Chloe, str...
1.8K 50 20
A Retelling of Life Is Strange Before the storm, which involves Chloe Price becoming friends to lovers with Rachel Amber. However, There is a third p...
46.9K 1.3K 44
Pricefield AU where Max grew up in Seattle and never met Chloe until high school. Blackwell has dual dorms and they got partnered up as dorm buddies...
3.2K 98 24
This is a FanFic with Chloe Price and My OC Jimmy Carswell. PriceWell, if you please. Jimmy has moved to Arcadia Bay right after his father died. H...