Burn // NH

By niallsbabe_xx

~ "I'm going to steal your heart, Niall." ~ Niall James Horan is what you would call your not-so-typical mult... More

1. What an Odd Child
2. Sass is not Class
3. Shit.
4. Not a Date
5. Counters Are Made For Glasses
6. Meet Ellison
7. I know I can
8. But You Are
9. Get Out of My Bed
10. I'm Going to Steal Your Heart
11. Oh, It's Not From Me
12. Chocolate Wine and Dine
13. Absolutely Not
14. Smooth Is My Middle Name
15. Snobby Bitches and Disgusting Riches
16. Like a Lot
17. Your Hand Should Justify
18. It's Just How It Is
19. Fine is Not Good
20. Damsel in Distress
21. Shots or Scotch
22. Do You Trust Yourself
23. Sometimes, Sorry is not Enough
24. A Dick is Understated
25. Beauty and the Jerk
26. Tiny Dancer
27. A Beautiful Mess
28. To Hell With That
29. Pretty Girl
30. You are my Greatest Temptation
31. Annalise
32. You're Going to Buy Me Flowers?
33. I Bet You'd Like That
34. Listen to Me, Darling
35. Para Mi Amor
36. I'd do Anything for You
37. Kinky. I Like it.
38. Are You Really Quoting me Romeo and Juliet
39. Estoy Enamorado de Ti
40. What Would You Add
41. Please talk to me, Niall
42. But It's a Blob
43. My Name is Princess
44. Problems, Issues, Stress, and All
45. It's Your Home Now Too, El
46. You'd Be Surprised, Trust Me
47. What's Mine is Yours
48. G-H-ER-K-I-N-S
49. That Would Be Too Easy
50. I Feel Like an Idiot
51. Because It's True
52. Are You Going to Put Any Clothes on?
53. Don't Fucking Worry About It
54. Can I Tell You a Secret
55. Sparkly, Pink Tutus
56. A Funny Story
57. No Fuckin' Way
59. My Little Buddy
60. Manhattan
61. Graduation Day
62. What Does That Even Mean
63. Cocky Bastard
64. It's Killing You
65. She Likes When You Do That
66. Tired of This or Tired of Me
67. She's Ready
68. Nevaeh Grace
69. One Ugly Ass Alien

58. Leave

3.6K 143 83
By niallsbabe_xx

N I A L L

"My mam's on her way," I informed, glancing over at Ellison who was nearly having a panic attack as she scurried her little bottom back and forth across the kitchen, helping Nicholas prepare dinner and multiple little desserts. They had already made ham and roasted chicken, steamed mixed vegetables, sweet potato casserole, and egg salad. For dessert, Ellison made a homemade apple pie, strawberry shortcake, and seasoned fruit salad. And even with all of this, they were still working on rolls and something else that smelled like garlic. "Any last words?" I teased.

"Yeah," she breathed. "Shut the fuck up."

I started to laugh, walking across the living room to get to her before my hands lifted to run through her hair and pull her head back. Once my lips pressed down onto her forehead, Ellison exhaled, relaxing under my touch.

"Stop worrying, love. It's not like you haven't met her before."

"It's not that..."

My eyebrows creased. This whole week she's been nervous as hell to see my mother and suddenly she's not nervous about that? I was left more confused than ever as I watched her pull away and head over to a cupboard to grab all of the plates. She brought the stack back to the table and I quickly grabbed a few to ease her load.

"What do you mean?"

She sighed and placed her stack on the marbled table. "Look at me."

My eyes glanced down, taking in every part of her, but I didn't understand what was suddenly different. She was dressed in a pair of dark purple leggings with a simple grayish colored, cable-knit sweater. Her hair was straight as it fell down her shoulders, and her makeup was simple yet elegant as always.

"Still not seeing what's wrong..."

"Niall, I have tried on every shirt in that closet and every dress and there is not one thing that hides this bump unless if your mother wants to see me come down in a rag of an XL t-shirt."

Oh... "You don't even have a sweatshirt? Did you try on any of mine?"

"No offense, Ni, but you're small. Everything sticks to me like glue and I don't know what to do."

I could see her getting worked up over this, so I quickly sat my dishes down and reached out to pulled her closer, my palms cupping her cheeks. "You are carrying a child, Ellison. There is nothing wrong with that."

"Not until everyone walks through that door and is smacked in the face with the image," she sighed, bringing her hands up to cover mine. "I didn't think that I would pop this early, but I did and..." She shook her head, "We fucked up, Niall."

I felt my heart ache for her because as much as I had a feeling that this would happen, I was kind of hoping that the media would out the pregnancy first and just get it over with for me. Now, a month later, nothing had been said and suddenly we were at a crossroads with what the hell to do with at most twenty minutes left to spare.

"Hey," I sharply stated, watching her eyes sink under her golden lids. "Look at me." As her kryptonite colored irises met my Bice blue ones, I felt a sense of tranquility flood my bones. It was all going to be okay. "We will get through this. I will be right by your side the entire time, okay?" She nodded in response, her lips still sullen. "Now smile. You look absolutely beautiful, okay?"

"Okay," she whispered, her eyes never leaving mine as I brought our faces closer until her forehead fell against mine.

"For the record, if you don't mind," Nicholas spoke up from across the island with a gentle smile. "I think the bump looks great on you, El."

That must've been all she needed to hear for the time being as she started to laugh, her smile spreading under my fingers. I quickly wiped my thumbs under her eyes to make sure that she hadn't teared up before she pulled away and turned back towards the island where all of the food was displayed.

"Thank you, Nick."

"Anytime, darling."

I threw him a glance. "Aye. Watch it."

Nicholas just grinned and gave Ellison a small wink before he pulled out the rolls and placed them on the stove top. I went back to setting the table, making sure that everything was perfectly in place in an orderly fashion. Ellison then began to bring over some of the main course meals.

It wasn't much longer until the gate code buzzed, my mother's voice flowing over the intercom. "Good evening, Niall."

"Oh, my; I'm going to be sick," Ellison stated and if she hadn't taken off on a dead sprint to the bathroom, I probably would've just laughed about her over dramatics.

"I do not remember the code," my mother continued and I knew that was a fucking lie because she liked to show up unannounced like it was her damn life-depending job.

I didn't have time to worry about it though, as I dismissed Nicholas and rapidly buzzed them in before I made my way down the hall, past the den, and into the small half-restroom. Ellison was bent over the toilet, her hair pulled back in her hand as she released another load of whatever she'd eaten earlier. Sighing, I quickly gripped her hair for her, pulling back all of the little strands to make sure they wouldn't fall into her face while taking a seat behind her small body.

El sighed, her hands reaching for the toilet paper to wipe her mouth as she coiled into my touch, allowing me to hold her. "I'm sorry."

"Shh..." I comforted, rubbing my hand up and down her arm. "It's okay. There's nothing to be sorry for."

"I'm ruining this," she stated, wearily and I knew exactly where this was headed. "This was supposed to be a fun and exciting night, and I can't even face them. It's your family..." Her voice started to break, crushing my heart.

"Baby, it's okay..." I calmed, wrapping my arms tighter around her body. "I told you. I am right here. I'm not going anywhere."

"I just cannot figure out why this is so hard for me," she sighed. "I'm a responsible adult who is starting a business and has a wonderful soon-to-be-husband and yet, I feel like a child hiding from the world because of a mistake."

I exhaled, placing my lips at the back of her head. I knew exactly how she felt. Believe it or not, I was fucking dreading telling my parents the news, myself. The difference was that I didn't give a crap what they thought of me. This was my damn life and I was loving every second of it.

Ellison on the other hand had this gift that was merely not only a blessing but a curse.

She had to get everyone around her to like her. It just had to be done.

And naturally, it was pretty easy for her. She was a sweet, gentle, compassionate person. She had certain qualities of everyone and that's particularly what made me fall in love with her. She could hang with the "bros" and the shit talk and she was into the sports and the drinking. But then she was also very delicate and closed off. She only showed you what she wanted you to know. She was kind towards others and spoke wise words beyond her times. She was artistic and intriguing. And then she had this little spice to her. This sassiness, stubbornness and wit.

She was honestly the greatest thing that had ever come into my life.

However, to my mother, it was a bit more difficult.

My mam was not necessarily mean to her, but she was a bit harsh. It was as if she wanted to shape Ellison the way that she had shaped me all of my life. However, due to Ellison's impeccable sense of stubbornness, it wasn't that simple. I'd learned the easy way. My mother, on the other hand, was always one to take the more difficult road, thus leading us into today and whatever the hell was going to come out of her mouth once this door opened.

Reaching forward, I'd flushed the toilet and moved my head to get a good look at her beautifully porcelain face. I could hear my mother start to call for me in the other room, making me sigh.

"It is okay to be scared. Hell, I'm terrified too. But you are going to be one hell of a wonderful mother. I've seen the way you are with your sisters, El; and your nephews. Those kids look up to you like you're the greatest thing in the world. I am so thankful for you, Ellison, and everything that you have provided me with, including this baby, okay?"

She softly nodded, a single tear spilling over her waterline.

"And no matter what anybody says, including my own family–you listen to me–I. Have. Faith. In you. You are beautiful, and powerful, and so, so strong. Don't let anybody ever tell you differently."

She started to cry harder, her eyelids closing as her head fell against my cheek. I ran my hand down her arm once more, hearing my mother's voice get closer. I rolled my eyes.

"I love you so, so much, Ellison. That's all that matters, okay?"

She nodded once more, moving her head up slightly to press a kiss to my cheek as if saying it back. My eyes closed for a moment.

"I have to go out there and settle her down before she starts busting down doors." Ellison started to softly chuckle, pulling away to wipe her tears. My eyes met hers once more. "Stay in here for as long as you need. Clean yourself up if you want; I can bring your makeup bag down and toothbrush. When you are ready, come out and I promise you that I will not leave your side all night if that's what you need."

"I love you, Niall Horan."

I smiled, standing up. My hand gripped hers to pull her up as well before tugging her closer. "I love you too." Pecking my lips, Ellison smiled, then nearly pushed me out the door, almost into my mother's face.

"Niall James–"

"Save it," I interrupted, already pulling her into a hug. "It's good to see you too."

My mam then sighed. "Have you been in there the whole time?" She asked, distastefully, as we began to walk back towards the kitchen.

"Yes. Ellison isn't feeling very well at the moment."

"What's wrong? We're not going to all get sick, right? I did not fly across the ocean to get the influenza."

"You're not getting sick, mother. Relax." She just huffed, putting on her usual uppy-tone smile for everyone else.

"There he is!" Chris grinned, moving to shake my hand. I always did like him. He was a kind and relaxed gentleman. Couldn't ever figure out how he ended up with my mother of all people, though.

"Good to see you."

I made my rounds to everyone else before sliding up to my bathroom to grab El's things. After handing them to her, I double checked to make sure that she was okay once more, only to see her gently smile and nod. I then kissed her again and rubbed her belly, trying to comfort her in the best way possible before heading back to see everyone.

Denise was getting rather big, as well. However, despite being a few weeks ahead of Ellison, she was a bit larger and more round. Although, she was glowing just as beautifully.

"You look wonderful," I complimeneted her with a smile.

She smiled widely back. "Thank you, Niall. Where's your fiancé?"

I'd be lying if I said that her smirk didn't have me slightly blushing. The word itself had my stomach twisting in knots. "She's in the restroom finishing getting ready. She hasn't felt the best all morning," I covered. "She should be out soon, though."

"I must say that your proposal was one for the books," she commented, picking at the small bowl of fresh fruit. "If only your brother had some form of romance in his bones." I started to cackle, watching Greg toss Denise an offended look. "Who'd you have take the video?"

"I wasn't actually planning on there being a video," I replied, honestly. "It was a total accident, but it turned out great. Everyone has loved it so far. I sometimes even find El rewatching it just to relive the memory."

"Awe, that's so sweet," Denise grinned. "I'm sure she's excited. She's a lovely girl."

"She is," I smiled, hearing the door down the hall open and oh, Lord. My stomach was suddenly rolling.

Denise must have noticed because she was suddenly giving me a concerned look. "Everything okay, love?"

I glanced around, seeing everyone talking as my mother started to make plates. "Listen," I nearly whispered, catching her a bit off guard. "Ellison is pregnant, and she's about to walk out here with a stomach not much smaller than yours," I breathed, taking in Denise's wide, surprised eyes. "Please, please help defend her in front of my mother. She's a nervous wreck and I don't want my ma to make it worse." Watching Denise silently nod with a small grin, I'd never felt more relieved in my life.

Just then, her eyes glanced to the side before quickly finding mine again. Taking the hint, I turned and noticed El standing in the corner of the hallway with a nervous look. Grinning, I motioned my head this way, waiting for her to walk over towards me. She glanced nervously across my family, seeing them all destracted as she began her way over to my side. Denise was the first to stand, immediately pulling her into a hug.

"Oh, it's so nice to see you!" Denise pulled away, taking in my fiancé's whole appearence with a bright smile. "You look so good!"

Ellsion blushed with a small smile. "Thank you. It's good to see you too." I noticed my brother catch her appearence next, but he didn't say anything as he looked up to me. I just folded my lips into a short grin and gave him a single nod.

"Ellison!" Greg stated, stepping in. "You look beautiful, as always," he grinned, pulling her into a short hug.

"Thank you, Greg," she nervously chuckled.

"Do I say congratulations?" He cheerfully asked, his hand slapping against my shoulder in a friendly grip. "Am I getting a nephew or niece?" Suddenly my whole family had eyes on us and talk about a fucking mental face palm... Denise shot him a look and suddeny my eyes were on El as her eyes fell on my mother who was giving me a pointed, straight look.

Ellison smiled, playing it off the best that she could as she placed her attention back on Greg. "As of this morning, a nephew." Her arm then wrapped tightly around my waist, holding me as close to her as she could.

"This morning?" Greg, glanced to Denise with a smile. "Looks like our little Theo is getting a wee lad to play with!"

"Well," My dad spoke up from the other side of the kitchen with a smile. "Congratulations to the both of you." My dad was never one to support my decision of wanting a family, along with my mother, but I was glad that for the sake of Ellison's heart, he was at least trying to show some compassion. He then began to make his way over to El and I, patting me on the back as he pulled her into a hug.

"Thank you, Bobby," Ellison replied.

"I'm just glad that if my son is going to settle down, it's with a girl great as you."

"Means a lot, da," I smiled, kissing Ellison on the top of the head.

"Dinner is now served," my ma nearly screeched, already sitting in her spot. Chris sighed and gave us a warm smile.

"Congratulations, you lot."

"Thank you," I replied, pulling Ellison over to the table. We all took our seats, our plates already completely filled thanks to my mother.

Everyone besides Ellison began to dig in as she looked up at me. I just gently nodded my head, watching as she bowed her head, my hand lowering to grip onto her thigh.

"So," Denise smiled from across the table. "How far along are you?"

"Eighteen weeks. You're what? Twenty something?" I asked, picking at my meal.

"Twenty-eight," she grinned, glancing over to El who had begun to shift her food around her plate, not really eating. I knew that she was just nervous, though. I had acquired the same feeling. "You look wonderful, Ellison. You're honestly glowing."

El smiled, her hand coming down to squeeze mine. "Thank you, Denise. I could say the same about you."

"You said that you're having a boy?" My father spoke up.

"Yes. The ultrasound was taken this morning," I grinned, leaning over to pull my wallet from my back pocket. Inside was the small couple of sonogram photos that was handed to him and then eventually passed down the table for everyone else to see.

"Is there a name yet?" Chris asked.

"Um," I glanced to El. "We're still deciding between two. Either Noah David or Ethan Thomas."

"I think they're both beautiful, Niall," Denise replied and everyone but my mother agreed as she stayed silent in her spot, never once even looking at us. I knew that she was pissed off and was being her petty self so I tried my best to not let it get to me.

Ellison was right. This was supposed to be a fun and exciting night and it was turning to shit real quick and I was not about to let one person spoil this time for us.

"Thank you," I smiled. "It means a lot. Right, babe?" I nudged her side causing her to smile and send out a short laugh.

"Yes. Thank you all."

"If everyone could be quiet and eat their food before it goes cold, that would be great," my mother's voice rose over the small chatter. In an instant, the whole room went silent, everyone's eyes falling on me as mine fell on my mother's cold stone face. Her blonde hair was cut short around her ears, her blue eyes matching her blue sweater, contrasting with her red lips.

"Ma," I spoke up. Her eyes looked into mine and if it wasn't for the pursed lips and harsh glare, I'd almost think that she was ready to cry. She had the same look in her eyes the day that my father walked out in her. "Are you going to say anything?" I hesitantly asked.

"Oh," she then looked away, her look turning sour and bitter as she sat straighter and cut a strip of her ham. "You don't want to hear anything that I have to say to you. It's better that I keep my mouth shut." My teeth grit.

"Then leave."

I don't know what came over me, and I not only stunned myself, but everyone else at the damn table. My mother stopped moving, her eyes stabbing daggers through my own. "Excuse me?"

"No one wants the piss attitude, ma. Ellison and I invited you all here this weekend for a nice Easter dinner and to deliver the news. If you have nothing nice to say, then you can leave."

She placed her silverware down. "Is that what you want?"

"No. I would like for you to enjoy this experience with us as you did with Greg and Denise, but if you are going to shun me for building a family, then, yes. Leave." My mother's lips parted. "Ellison is going through a hard enough time as it is. She has a heart condition that may potentially put her at risk during birth, she has had to give up her education just to live, our marriage just got stalled out by a year or two– she has enough stress on her plate already. If you're going to sit here and make it worse, then go because nobody wants to deal with your attitude tonight."

"Niall James Horan," she scoffed and I felt Ellison's hand grip mine tighter. "Look around you. Do you see all that you have accomplished in life? Look at where you are! Look how far you have come! Are you really willing to just throw that away for some...some adolescent girl?!"

I felt the match light in my chest.

Ellison suddenly stood, removing her napkin from her lap. "I'm sorry, I can't do this right now," she mumbled, moving away from the table to head towards the stairs. Denise then stood, following after her.

I waited until El was in our room to speak. My eyes landed on my mam with a harsh glare. "Don't you ever fucking say something like that in front of her again."

"I'm sorry, Niall, but she needed to hear it just as much as you."

My eyebrows furrowed as I let out a huff. I shook my head in disbelief. "What happened to when you first met her? Or even Christmas? She's still the same person, ma..."

"Exactly–Christmas! You've known the girl less than a year and suddenly you're getting married and having babies?! Niall, you're not thinking any of this through!"

"Actually, mam, I am. No offense to Chris or da, but I am not either of them. I know what I want and hell, I'm making it happen. I don't need to wait four years to know that I want to marry Ellison. I don't want to be in my mid forties before I decide to have a baby. No, it wasn't planned. None of this was in the theoretical will that you made for my life, but I do not care! I'm marrying her and I am having this baby and if you don't like that, then too bad. You can leave because I am not going to sit here and listen to you bash my wife and your grandson all damn weekend long, do you understand?" I asked sternly, standing from my own chair.

"I do not even know who you are anymore, Niall Horan because that is not my son in that body."

I scoffed. "You're ridiculous."

"Ma, Niall's right," Greg spoke up and I'd never loved my brother more than I did at that very moment.

Greg was always the favorite. Everything he did, he'd be rewarded. My parent's heads were practically up his ass throughout our whole childhood. It was like he shit gold or something. You'd never catch he and I together in the same room because as a child, I was jealous. I caused mischief and trouble just to get my mother's attention for five minutes because mad or not, that was typically the only time we would have real conversation. As I got older, her grips on me only got tighter. That's particularly the reason of why I moved to America for university.

Yes, to be a working man was practically in my blood, but I at least had freedom to make everything on my own and build myself from the ground up, which is exactly what I did.

I'd lived the life of my mother and father for nearly twenty years and now, it was time to work on myself. To work on my own life and what really mattered.

And having Greg stand up for that was honestly a feeling that I didn't know I'd been waiting all of my life to feel.

My mother's eyes turned down at Greg's words.

"That is your daughter now, just as much as Denise is, and that is your grand baby just as much as Theo is. You can't favor one over the other, Mother, just because you're not happy with your son's way of life."

"So what are you saying, Gregory?" Oh, the fucking first name dramatics... Here we go.

"Hun," Chris tried to step in, but she was quick to put her hand up and focus all of her attention on Greg, awaiting his response.

"Let him live, Ma! That's what I'm saying! Niall has done everything you have asked of him since he's been nearly an infant. He got the good grades, made all the sports teams, went to an American university, built himself and his company from scratch. That's all he's ever known, so let him live his damn life!"

My mother scoffed and I sighed. I was tired of this already. This was the last thing any of us wanted nor needed tonight.

"Ma, you don't have to like it. I'm not asking you to. But for the time being, I am asking to you accept it. Ellison is my life. That baby is my life. I'm not quitting my job or putting any less time into work. Matter of fact, I'm even helping Ellison build her own career. My time management is the only thing changing, mother. That's it, and ya know what? I'm perfectly fine with that.

"I'm learning as I go. Hell, we both are. But know that I will do everything in my power to protect my family, even if that means coming down to cutting you out. I don't want it to get that far, so please don't let it."

"Niall–" I could see her face finally crumble once she realized how serious I was being. And I hated to get that way with my own mother, but Ellison was my life, now.

She and that baby were my family and I was not about to let anyone walk all over them.

Not even my own mother because in the end,

I won't hesitate to put Ellison and that baby first over anyone else.

––––

DRAMA. DRAMA. DRAMA. 👀

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

121K 4.4K 85
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...
1M 46.7K 93
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
9.4M 307K 52
"you're all mine; the hair, the lips, the body, it's all mine." highest previous rankings: - #1 in jimin - #1 in pjm - #1 in btsfanfic cover by: @T...
994K 53.7K 35
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Jungkook's ) daughter Mishel...