You're As Sweet As My Sword |...

By Little_Ninja-Nerds

"How sweet." I said sarcastically. "Me? You're about As Sweet As My Sword." ◇◇◇ Maybe it isn't just a Torunam... More

Chapter 1: The Invitation
Chapter 2: Only One Can Remain
Chapter 3: Versus
Chapter 4: Ninja Roll
Chapter 5: Spy for a Spy
Chapter 6: Spellbound
Chapter 7: The Forgotten Element
Chapter 8: The Day of the Dragon
⬇️Old Chapters ||| New Chapters⬆️
Chapter 1: The Invitation (old)
Chapter 3: Versus (old)
Chapter 4: Ninja Roll (old)
Chapter 5: Spy for a Spy (old)
Chapter 6: Spellbound (old)
Chapter 7: The Forgotten Element (old)
Chapter 8: The Day of the Dragon (old)

Chapter 2: Only one can remain (old)

7.7K 165 193
By Little_Ninja-Nerds

YOUR TOURNAMENT OUTFIT IS ABOVE!

Not edited!

Word count: 3903

Y/N's P.O.V

The horn on the ship was blowing every few seconds. Which ment we were close. That was proven correct when a building appeared, Chens base.

"Look at that." Cole said, referring to the base.

"Awesome." Kai said, he may be amazed now, but not for long. I had a bad feeling about this place.

"Let me see." Karloff said, pushing Kai out of the way. After their fight, the tension was high between them.

"Do you mind?" Kai asked, his impatience growing.

As we started growing near, we stopped. I looked at Clouse, only to find him smirking. I glared at him, knowing his intentions.

"Y/N would you mind bringing us to the dock, the boat... won't move." Clouse smirked.

"Boat won't move my as-"

"It's the only way to get there, and to fight what you came for. Correct?" He wouldn't wipe the smirk away. I groaned, but did as told.

I jumped up and grabbed the railing of the 2nd story of the boat, and pulled myself up. I summoned a spear and attached a rope to it. I tied one end to the railing on the balcony. I backed up. Once I hit the wall, I started running and jumped high in the air, spear still in my hand. I threw it and it struck the ground and it stayed put. I then summoned a staff, and used that to zip line to the end.

"Now pull us in!" I heard Clouse yell.

"How is she gonna do that?!" Lloyd yelled questionably. I grabbed the spear out of the ground, keeping a grip of course, then used all my strength to pull the boat in to the dock.

Once it stationed, I saw the amused faces of everyone. I huffed out of embarrassment. Two on Chen's goons put the plank down so everyone else could get off.

"Welcome to Chen's island. The Tournament Of Elements welcomes it's brave fighters." Clouse said getting off the boat. "Master Chen will be pleased you've returned, Senei Garmadon."

"The pleasure is all mine, Clouse." Garmadon said, walking up to him. I looked between the two, and backed away slowly towards the boat.

"I'm sure it is." Clouse remarked. He started walking away. Still feeling awkward, I stayed put.

"Definitely feeling some tension between you two." Jay said approaching him.

"Yeah, and how is it we're on an island I've never seen on any map?" Kai asked him, also coming behind him. But Cole stood in front of him.

"And care to explain how the face to Ninjago's most popular noodle house is secretly assembling an underground fighting tournament?" Cole exclaimed, still surprised about this whole thing. I saw Lloyd exit the boat, and stood next to his father.

"Master Chen used to be a friend. Now he's a traitor. During the Serpentine Wars, Chen turned against his own kind and sided with the treacherous snakes." Garmadon said.

"The battle you and Uncle Wu fought together in? He was an enemy?" Lloyd asked, surprised. Garmadon started moving forward, and I followed not to close behind. I looked around, checking my surroundings, while still listening to their conversation.

"He used deception to divide the Elemental Masters. We barely defeated the Serpentine, and in a deal for his surrender, Chen was to never leave this island." Garmadon started. Skylor passed me, giving me the 'evil' look. I glared right back at her. "Little did we know, he'd begin to build his criminal empire from here."

"He may have divided our ancestors, but he's not gonna divide us." Lloyd said. Sweet.

"Uh... Ladies first." Kai said, letting Skylor go in front of them. "Fire will melt her icy heart. Just wait." I rolled my eyes, along with the rest of the ninja. Garmadon sighed. I started walking past them, and we all huddled up to the front gate.

"This is a big island. Zane could be anywhere. Keep an eye out." Cole told them. Funny, Nelson isn't on their plate then. The gate then flew open, and revealed a walk way up to doors. There were odd looking people again, but they were banging drums down the walkway, which so happened to be carpet. We kept walking, and it got creepier and creepier.

"So this is the house the house that noodles built. Ha! Always wanted to go to a red carpet event." Jay said, struting down the carpet.

"Chen lives like a King. Here, he's totally self-sufficient. The only way on or off this island is with his permission, which you have to earn." Garmadon said.

"You never told me about this place. How do you know so much about this island?" Lloyd asked. It's because you won't know anything new until something bad happens in Ninjago.

"Becuase before Chen was my enemy," Garmadon began. At this point they passed me again. Not that I cared. Because then Garmadon showed this purple tattoo on his back, the one that every other odd looking guy here had. "He was my Sensei."

We all entered the room, and sat in a circular form. From the front of the room - where Clouse stood - left to right was Master of Smoke (Ash) Light (PaleMan), Amber (Skylor), Nature (Bolobo), Shadow (Shade), Speed (Griffin Turner), Earth (Cole), Energy (Lloyd), Garmadon, Lightening (Jay), Fire (Kai), Weapon and Dragon (Y/N aka me), Sound (Jacob), Metal (Karloff), Mind (Neuro), Form (Chamille), Gravity (Gravis), and last Poison (Tox).

"You never told me you had a Sensei." Lloyd said, bringing up the past conversation, and not quietly either.

"When I was your age, I sought a darker means of guidance. He taught me to win an all cost, not matter who I hurt. It's wasn't until you saved me that I saw the light." How sweet. Lloyd smiled at that.

"Uh, apparently he also never taught you to have a sense of humor. Lighten up, we're in an underground fight club. This is supposed to be fun." Jay says. I couldn't help but laugh. They all turn to me. "What's so funny?"

"Isn't these things illegal? And last I checked, this place, was anything but fun. And this tournament? Had lives depending on us. I don't know about you, but I wouldn't call this fun." I said, they all had frowns on their faces. I rolled my eyes.

"Garmadon doesn't seem happy about this, and he's been here before. So why is it so amusing to you?" I replied back. Jay mumbled a shut up before sitting down. I looked at Kai to see him in a daze. I waved my hand in front of his face a few times, nothing. Skylor.

Someone hit the gong, directing all out attention over to that area. Music started playing.

"All rise for Master Chen." Clouse said, everyone stood up. And I did to, no matter how hard it was. Then a chair started coming down, weird. This whole place is weird. Once he made it to the bottom he started talking.

"Welcome to the Tournament Of Elements. Now everyone can all die." Chen said. Everyone gasps as the doors slam. "Direct your attention to me." Chen said while laughing.

"I forgot he has a penchant for threatics." Wow, that would have been helpful a while ago Garmadon. We all sat down.

"Hee, hee, hee! Never before have so many Elemental Fighters been under one roof. I see Master of Fire, Earth, Shadow, Speed. Even a prophesied Green Savior." He said, gesturing to all of them as he walked around the room. "And a Master of Weapons and Dragons. One of the most powerful here." Everyone turned to look at me. I glared at Chen. Guess I didn't stay hidden well enough for all these years. "And a former pupil has returned. This symbol before you is for the Anacondrai, fiercest Serpentine warrior to ever roam this land. It's creed: "Only one can remain." Fun right?" Chen said the gong was banged again. But this time, a chart with all our faces were shown. The fighting pairs.

"Good, looks like we're each in our own bracket. We won't have to face each other for a while." Kai said.

"Better find Zane before that happens." Lloyd replied. Don't blame him, I don't want to go up against anyone yet.

"Behold a Jade Blade," Chen said, then Clouse held up one. "Here, it represents life. Obtain it, move on. Allow your opponent to take it... loser! The rules are simple. Every match will be different. No two fights will be the same. Your powers will keep you in the tournament. Use it or lose it." Chen finished.

"Hm What does Karloff win?" Karloff asked.

"Win and stay on the island. Win it all. And you'll receive fortunes beyond your wildest dreams, and lifetime supply of Master Chen noodles. But no one us here because of noodle. You want the glory of being the greatest fighter in all of Ninjago!" Everyone started cheering.

"And if your lieing." I said standing up. Everyone fell silent.

"I'm a man of my word. Someone here will be the one that remains." Chen said walking up to me. I out stretched my arm, showing he was to close.

"We'll see about that." I said, sitting down again. "I don't trust you." Chen just smirked at me.

"And what happens if they lose?" Garmadon asked, changing the subject.

"Lose? Who here likes to lose?" Chen said, and everyone started laughing. "Now please, enjoy my island. It's a super fun happy place. Ha, ha, ha! Fun time on me." Chen said.

"You'll now each be shown to your rooms." Clouse clapped and Kabuki servants all came in the room. They circled around us.

"Ah, just what this place needs. Creepy clowns." Jay complained.

"Not clowns. Kabuki, Chen's jesters." Garmadon replied. Each master had one Kabuki servant in front of us, then the reached over and grabbed our arms.

"Yeah, well, whatever they are, I don't like 'em." Cole said. "So much for staying together." We all were being drug to our rooms, upstairs. I was behind Lloyd.

"Always be ready. Never lose focus." Garmadon said.

"What? What did he say?" Kai asked.

"I don't know. Something about, uh, mucus?" Jay said.

"Your suite Master Lloyd." Lloyds Kabuki said, I caught a glimpse of Lloyds room before I was thrown in mine.

"Your suite Master Y/N." The Kabuki said before slamming the door. Mine looked just like Lloyds but purple and black.

I caught a glimpse of my closet. A new uniform? I guess I should put it on.

"Hm, not bad. Different, but not bad." I said to my self. I gotta say, whoever picked this out is good. I caught a glimpse of a door at the other end of the room. Curious, I walked over and opened it. It was a balcony.

And the sight was amazing.

"Wow." I say no nobody at all. At least I thought.

"Oh, it's you." I hear a voice say next to my left. Lloyd.

"Yeah. Is there a problem?" I asked. He just shook his head and looked away.

"What the hell is your problem with me." I suddenly snapped. He whipped his head in my direction. I crossed my arms over my chest. He groaned.

"Your one of the most powerful here, yet you serve with no honor. You dress like that and don't have protection, just care about showing off your body. You have no respect for my dad, even though he has changed." He practically yelled. I let my arms fall to my side, and clinched my fists.

"First if all, you have no idea how much honor means to me! I save people when you and your friends are to busy doing the "big deeds" and the small things are people's lives! My armour, or what you call "my dressing" has bullet proof material, titanium to be exact! I can catch the bullets if one comes close enough! And my outfit, passed down from warriors that protected your grandfather! Ever seen Wonder Woman?! Yeah, that's how my ancestors dressed and it's tradition to honor their sacrafice, to save your grandfather, as a thanks! We make them our own colors to show we live with them! Trust me, I could careless about what I wear, I could careless about my body! All it's done is bring unwanted attention and haters like you around in my life!" I yelled. He was taken back. But I continued, just calmer. "And your father? Killed my parents front of me. I have every reason to be mad at him. I have no respect for your father for who he was before the overlord was defeated the first time, but that doesn't mean I don't now. Stop assuming." I went into my room and slammed the door. I threw myself on my bed.

Why can't people stop judging?

"Fellow fighters, hidden around my island are enough Jade Blades for every participant except for one. The one who returns to the Palace Arena empty-handed loses. The tournament begins... now. May the best fighter win." Chen said over the intercom. And then started laughing. Rushing out of my room, I saw Lloyd to my right.

I slowly walked back into my room, looking around. I had a feeling Chen wanted to keep me in the competition. And better yet, one was in the shower. Grabbing it, I used my powers to summon a yo-yo. Hey, I grew up on Miraculous Ladybug, the most I can do is follow how useful the weapons are! I used the yo-yo to tie the blade to my hand. I ran out of the room, only to see alot happening. Garmadon had Clouse pinned to the ground.

"Hurry Lloyd, you must not lose." Garmadon said. However, someone got it before he could. Sighing, I ran over to a picture, that happened to have a Jade Blade behind it. Grabbing it, u called Lloyd, making him turn to me. I threw the Blade at him.

He caught it and gave me a confused look, I just stood there keeping eye contact. I broke it running down the the Palace Arena. Placing my Blade on the peg, I waited.

"Two Jade Blades remaining." Clouse said. They only ones left was Cole, Karloff, and Kai. And we were all on pins and needles.

"Wait! I got one!" The door busted open and revealed Cole.

"Cole!" Jay chanted. Cole started looking around, confused. "Woo-hoo! You made it."

"Where's Kai?" Cole asked. Shoot.

"Only one Jade Blade remaining." Chen said. And we waited.

And that wait was taking for ever. How ever, we all heard footsteps, and turned around. And there stood Karloff, with the remaining Jade Blade.

"Ha ha, ha! Karloff wins!" Everyone started cheering, other than the ninja and me. Then I noticed something. It was Kai! With a screwdriver! Unscrewing Karloffs "mittens". And they fell with a loud thud.

"Ah, looks like you got a screw loose." Kai said, then grabbed the blade, and using his powers to fly and put the blade in its peg. And everyone cheered.

"We have a loser!" Chen said.

"Thatd not fair. He cheated." Karloff said.

"I did what I had to do." Kai responded. I face palmed.

"That is not how you win." Garmadon scolded.

"Fine, I lose. Karloff never wanted to be on stinking island." Karloff exclaimed. Well sh-

"Oh, I'm sorry to hear you did not enjoy your stay. I guess this worked out for the best. This is goodbye." Chen then hit a button and a trap door apeared under Karloff, making him fall. And scream. "As you can see, lose and you are out. Break any rule, you are out. Never Bute the hand that feeds you, Master Chen delicious noodles. Now rest up. Tomorrow the tournament will recommence." Then the gong was banged.

Time skip

We were all at lunch. I was sitting at my own booth, alone. While the ninja were in the one behind me.

"At least the chow's good." Cole said. I rolled my eyes, typical Cole.

"Argh! It's killing me. What's under the trap door? What happens when you lose?" Jay exclaimed. I was wondering the same.

"Don't think about that." Garmadon replied stern yet calm.

"Its all I can think about. I moved on. I feel guilt. These are not good feelings." Jay complained.

"You think you feel bad? Imagine how I feel. Our mission is simple. Tonight we find Zane and get off this crazy island." Kai said.

"And just how are we supposed to do that? You heard Chen, break a rule abd we're out. He's not gonna let us run around." Cole said.

"Then it's a good thing we're Ninja. Meet me in my room at midnight." Kai said.

"Mind if I join you?" A unfimilar voice asked them.

"Disappear, pal! This is private." Jay said to that guy. "Uhh. I know you're still here. I can see your lunch tray."

"Hmm... Wow, Jay, you were really mean." Cole pointed out.

"How am I supposed to know if we can trust him? See what this island is doing to me? It's corrupting me. It has to stop. I'll see you tonight." Jay finished, and they all went there separate ways. I glared at the back of Lloyds head. Interesting.

Time skip - It's midnight

I watched as Lloyd went to Kai's room, thinking his was unnoticed. Sighing, I walked back into my room. I sat on my bed, hitting a trigger. I gasped as a TV came up and my best memories started playing...

Lloyd's P.O.V

Me and Cole waited in Kai's room while he waited for Jay. Once they came in Jay opened his mouth. Oh brother.

"Whoa-ho-ho-ho. Nice digs." Jay said. Kai's room was nice.

"I know. His room is so much nicer than mine. Look, chocolate covered shell peas. I love these." Cole said eating them, he started laughing and jumped on Kai's bed. "Oh, and look how soft your pillows are. Man, mine are made if rock. What a crock."

"Okay, it was almost impossible to get here. This place is swarming with guards. Any ideas on how we search the island?" Jay asked.

"We travel by shadow. Cover every square inch of this place until we find him." Kai said.

"The island is big. We'll need to split up." Jay said.

"No, we stick together." I said, knowing my father would want us too.

"Uh, guys... This bed is, uh..." Cole began.

"Cole, I get it! You like my bed. Would you stop playing around?" Kai snapped.

"I think ibknoe how we can search the island." Cole said. Next thing I know, we're all on Kai's bed.

"Okay, I feel ridiculous." I say.

"Ahh. You're right. The pillows are soft." Jay said.

"Is this a joke?" I asked Cole,not knowing why we were all here.

"I must've done something to trigger it. I was laying here, then I stretched..." Then we all yell and the bed flipped over. Then we all gasp.

"Whoa! Secret passage way! Cool." Jay said, like a little kid. We all jumped down.

"Nice work Cole. Maybe Zane's not on the island, but in it." Kai said.

"Quite. Did you hear that?" I asked the guys, hearing a voice grunting.

"Oh, secret peep holes. Ha, ha! Super cool!" Jay then climbed up and peeked through. "Sounds like someone's fighting on the other side of this wall."

"What do you see? Who's fighting?" Cole asked him.

"Its not a fight. It's Skylor's room. And it looks like she's training." Jay said. Oh no.

"Let me see! Let me see!" Kai said. I rolled my eyes. This is going to be a long night.

Y/N's P.O.V

The memories were still playing, but I pulled a punching bag out, and started beating the crap out of it. I was almost to in focus to here the sounds of the ninja. I kept beating the crap out of it, but listened to them.

"Look! More peep holes!" Jay said. Sh-

"Its Y/N's room. She's training, but there's something on the TV." Jay said again.

"Let us see." Kai said. Figures.

"Relax, there's enough peep holes for everyone." Jay said, as if it was a normal thing.

"She's beating that punching bag quite hard." Kai commented. So to top it off, I roundhouse kicked the punching bag, making it fly off the chain and make a hole in the wall, above the "peep holes". I groaned.

"Not again. That's the tenth one tonight." Yes, it was the tenth time that has happened, but scaring the ninja was a rare thing. So I took my chance.

"Uh, did she just." Jay squeaked.

"She did." Kai finished.

"Guys, look at the TV. It's Nelson and her. It's snowing." Lloyd said. I sat on the couch beside the peep holes, and looked at the TV. Forgetting the Ninja were there for a little bit, I focused on the memory.

"Come on Y/N! It never snows here!" Nelson said dragging me outside.

"I know, I'm coming." I say laughing at my little brothers antics. We both played in the snow, making snow angels, snowball fights. You name it, we probably did it. We both fell on the ground laughing.

"I love you sis. I'm glad we had today. Maybe now I can be the Purple Ninja!!" Nelson said doing bad punches and kicks. I shot up.

"You know?!"

"Of course! Your my hero!" He said coming up and hugging me. I sighed happily and hugged back.

"Nothing will ever happen to you. You mean to much. I will always be there to save you."

I sniffed at the memory. I looked out the window.

"I'm going to find you. And I will bring you home safely. Just like I promised." I said clenching my fists. I here My worst memory in the background. My parents death. I refused to look. I refused to listen.

Once I knew it was over, I ran up and turned the TV off.

"Maybe that's why she was so cold to Garmadon. And that's why she's so serious about this tournament." Jay said.

"Maybe Clouse was right, we all have something to fight for coming here." Lloyd said. I decided they had enough fun snooping. So I pretended I heard them for the first time.

"Who's there?" I say facing the wall in a fighting stance.

"Shoot! Run!" Jay screamed. And loud foot steps followed. I laughed to myself, before turning the lights off and heading to bed.

Maybe the ninja will find secrets about this place. And this tournament.

Lloyds P.O.V

"We may have not found Zane, but we found something just as important. This tournament isn't about glory. It's about Chen stealing all of our elemental powers." Kai said.

"But why? What is he planning?" I questioned, millions of things going through my head.

"I don't know, but if we're gonna find out and find Zane, we have to play by his rules. Agreed?" Kai stated.

"Agreed."

"Good thing we weren't spotted. That was close." Cole said.

"Yeah too close." Jay said, showing the missing piece of fabric from his pants.

NO!

■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■

Whew! These are getting long huh!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28.3K 967 19
Y/n was in love. Maybe it was impossible to tell if she really was, but she felt like she was in love, and of all people, the Ninja of Earth: Cole He...
13.1K 231 31
This is not related to my other stories. -------- The ninja learn about the legend of a galaxy ninja. Who is this person?And what secrets do they hol...
349K 9.3K 26
Honestly, it's not easy being the sister to the guy who can zap you whenever he chooses. I mean I love him and all... I remember the day it all start...
42K 892 43
"That's the thing about her, she's... 𝑫𝒊𝒇𝒇𝒆𝒓𝒆𝒏𝒕 Lloyd has always been the youngest out of the ninja, only really close to Kai. The story ta...