Secrets Revealed

By TheTeenWriter_

Mackenzie's life is like a book of secrets waiting to be opened. When her mom reveals a shocking secret, Mack... More

Secrets Revealed
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Questions and Answers
A poem

Chapter 22

147 15 16
By TheTeenWriter_

Today is October 13th. Guess what day that is? If you said my birthday you are correct! I'm usually not excited when its my birthday because my parents don't usually do anything nice for me. But for some reason I feel like my 17th birthday is going to be way better than all my past birthdays. And I can't wait to find out what Cole's big surprise is. 

After I got done taking a shower I walked into my room and opened my closet. I decide to wear a tight top that laced around my chest in soft white fabric with a long blue skirt. From beneath my skirt, a slit reached up to to my thigh which revealed off my toned legs. On my collarbone sat a necklace with levels of gold, jewels, all crafted to become a pattern. You know I got to look nice for my birthday!

My black strap heels clacked on the floor as I made my way to the bathroom. After I got done curling my hair I started on my makeup. I applied a small coat of foundation on my face.  I put sparkly blue eye shadow on. I extended the end of my bright red lipstick and glided it over my lips. I took a glance at my finished product and smiled. I looked fabulous. 

While I was in the car with my mom I kept wondering why she didn't say happy birthday to me. My mom has never forgotten my birthday before. Even David said happy birthday to me! 

"Why are you dressed up all nice?" My mom asked as she turned right on Sunberry Rd. 

"Why do you think I'm dressed up all nice?" I snapped. "Its October 13th."

She furrowed her brows in confusions. "What about October 13th?"

I signed. "Forget about it." I can't believe she actually forgot. I shouldn't be surprised. She doesn't give a fuck about the day her daughter was born. She doesn't give a fuck about anything but herself. But I'm not going to let her forgetting my birthday ruin my day. I'm not going to let anyone or anything ruin my day. 

We arrived at school a few minutes later. My mom said goodbye to me as I unbuckled my seatbelt but I ignored her. She isn't worth my goodbye. 

I got a lot of compliments on my outfit and hair. I have to admit I am feeling like a queen.

When I walked into the cafeteria I saw Nisha, Troy and Gigi seated at a table eating breakfast. I walked over to them. 

"Hey guys." I said as I took a seat.

They all turned around and screamed "Happy birthday!" 

"Aww thank you guys." 

"You look really hot no homo." Gigi said.

"Yeah, Look at you! Lookin cute for your birthday and everythang!" Nisha said.

"Thanks. Uh, Nisha you might want to get your boyfriend. He lookin at me like he want me or something." I teased. 

We all laughed.

"Nah, its just that you look nice." 

"Thanks Troy." 

"You know Cole has a big surprise for you?" Gigi asked.

"Yeah, do you know what it is?" By the look on her face I know she does. 

"Maybe, maybe not."

"I'm guessing that's a yes." I turned to face Nisha. "Nisha do you know?" 

"Know what?" 

"Don't play dumb with me. Just tell me what Cole's big surprise is." I urged. 

"Nope. Wait till lunch. That's when you'll find out."

"That's too long though." I pouted.

"Patience is the key!" 

"Whatever."

All throughout class all I kept thinking about was what Cole's big surprise could possibly be. What is it? Is it clothes? Shoes? Jewellery? Is it a purse? Because lord knows I need a new Michael Kors bag!

I got so happy when I heard the bell because its finally time for me to find out what this big surprise is. I put all my stuff in my locker then walked into the cafeteria with the biggest grin on my face. As I am walking into the cafeteria I feel like all my excitement is about to blow.

I take a seat in between Nisha and Cole. 

"Wow Kenzie you look beautiful." Cole said. 

I blushed. "Thank you." 

I saw Cole's eye wander off below my chin. At first I thought he was looking at my boobs but then I realized he was looking at my necklace. I decided to take off the necklace I had on before and put on the one he gave me. I felt more special wearing the necklace he gave me. 

"You wore it." He said in awe.

"Yeah." I smiled.

I looked down at his shirt and noticed he was wearing a whistle around his neck. I usually call it a whistle necklace, I don't really know the name for those things. Its one of those things gym teachers usually wear around their necks when they don't want to hold a whistle in their hands.

The thing Cole does next leaves everyone including me in shock. He stood up on his chair and blew the whistle. It got everyone in the cafeteria to quiet down and look in his direction. I looked around the cafeteria and noticed some irritated, confused faces. Everyone was just waiting for him to speak. 

"I need everyone's attention for what I'm about to do." Cole said loud enough for everyone to hear.

"Well you got everybody's attention now so you mine as well start speaking." I heard someone in the table behind me say. 

He got off of his chair and kneeled down on one knee and looked directly into my eyes. Some people got out of their seats to see what he was going to do next. At this moment all eyes were on me and Cole. It kind of looked like he was about to ask me to marry him. He took my hand and said "Mackenzie Brianne Smith would you take the honors and be my girlfriend?" I felt like my heart stopped at that moment. Cole would really get everyone's attention to ask me to be his girlfriend? That is so romantic. 

I never really got why people cried when they were happy but now I understood. I felt so much joy in my heart that I had to let it all out. Tears were now falling down on my cheeks. But they weren't tears of sadness they were tears of joy.

I wiped the tears from my face and yelled "YES! YES! I WILL BE YOUR GIRLFRIEND." People erupted in cheers. A few people just stood there smiling. I heard a few whistles hear and there. I felt like the only girl in the world at that moment. I pulled Cole towards me and gave him a kiss. More applause came from the crowd that surrounded us. After I pulled away from the kiss I heard one of the security guards telling everyone to get back to their seats. Why do security guards always have to ruin everything?

After a few minutes everything went back to normal. "It was worth the wait wasn't it?" Nisha asked. I nodded. 

"Thank you Cole." 

"For what?" He asked. 

"For doing all of this for me. No one has ever made me feel so special." 

"Well a beautiful girl needs to feel special once in a while." He gave me a peck on the lips. "Want to hang out at my place after school?" 

"Sure."

Nisha and Gigi exchanged glances. "I'm guessing your big surprise isn't over yet." Gigi snickered.

"What do you mean?"

"Its obvious you guys are going to have sex." I can't believe Gigi just said that right in front of Cole but I shouldn't be surprised, Gigi always says whats on her mind. 

"Were not."

"Kenz already told me that she's not ready so I'm not going to pressure her into doing it with me. When she's ready, I'll be ready." He assured her. 

I smiled. I'm so glad Cole respects me and is not going to pressure me into doing something I'm not ready to do. 

"You have a good man in your hands." Nisha said. 

I looked at Cole and smiled. "I know."

                                                                                ~~~~~~~~

I texted my mom and asked her if I could go to Gigi's house and she said no but when I told her that it was my birthday and I should be able to spend it with my friends she quickly reconsidered. She kept apologizing about forgetting my birthday and I told her I would forgive her if she lets me go to her house and she reluctantly said okay. I'm not really going to Gigi's house though, I'm going to Cole's house. He told me he had another surprise for me. 

When we arrived at Cole's house I saw a car I have never seen before in the driveway. I'm guessing his parents are home. Is this suppose to be his other surprise? Meeting his parents? 

"Your parents are home?" I asked with a hint of panic in my voice.

"Yeah but don't worry they're nice people."

I had uneasy feeling about this. What if they don't think I'm right for Cole? What if they don't like me?

He gave me a kiss on my cheek and told me that I would be fine. When we walked into the house a wave of nervousness swept over my body. I was not expecting to meet his parents. We haven't been dating for more than five hours and I'm already meeting his parents! I swear, Cole is so unpredictable.

Cole grabbed my hand and led me into the living room where his parents were not smoking weed and drinking beer like my parents usually do but just simply watching TV. 

"Hey mom, Chris." He called out trying to get their attention. 

Why was Cole calling his dad by his first name? They turned around and looked at Cole and I. 

"I want to introduce you to my girlfriend Mackenzie." 

His parents got up and gave me a hug and told me that it was very nice to meet me. 

 "Your a very pretty young lady." Cole's mom said to me. 

"Thank you Mrs.Reynolds." 

"You can just call me Carry. That's what everyone calls me." 

I nodded. Carry is a very small petite woman. She couldn't be taller than five foot. She had pretty blue eyes and long brown hair that flowed down her back. 

"Cole has never bought a girl to this house so you must be really special." Cole's dad said.

I smiled. "Yeah." 

"Well I'm just going to show Mackenzie around the house." As if I haven't been around your house enough!  

"OK." 

We went downstairs and  cuddled next to each other on the couch. 

"Why didn't you tell me that I was going to meet your parents?" I asked through clenched teeth.

He smirked. "I wanted it to be a surprise." 

He leaned over to give me a kiss but I quickly put my hand up to block it. "One more question. Why do you call your dad Chris?"

"He's my stepdad. His real name is Christopher but most people just call him Chris."

"Oh ok."

"I don't mean to weird you out Mackenzie but I think you and my stepdad look a lot alike." 

Now that I think about it. Chris really does look like me but I think its just a coincident because he couldn't possibly be my real dad. Or could he?

"Yeah, I kind of noticed that too."

He pulled my face towards him and kissed me. We heard footsteps so we quickly pulled away. 

I saw Carry bring down two plates of food. "Would you guys like some chicken Parmesan?" Carry asked. We both nodded and took the plate of food from her hands.

"Mom you know its Macknezie's birthday right?" Cole asked, as he took a bite of his food. 

"Oh really? Happy birthday sweetie." 

"Thank you." 

"Hold on one second, I'm going to bring back something for you." She went up the stairs and seconds later came back with a wad of cash. 

"I didn't have any gifts so I thought I could give you money." 

"No you don't have to do that." 

"No, its fine. You can take it. Its my gift to you. You've been good to my son so the least I can do is give you some money."

I took the money and said thank you. Cole's family is really nice. I've never had any adult treat me so polite. 

"Mom where did you get all that money from?" Cole asked. 

"You know I got them bands!" 

We all started laughing. My 17th birthday is by far the best birthday I have ever had! 

What do you guys think of Cole introducing Mackenzie to his parents? Do you think he's moving a little too fast? Tell me what you think! AND DON'T FORGET TO VOTE FOR THIS CHAPTER!!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

867 241 23
𝑺𝒉𝒂𝒕𝒕𝒆𝒓 π’”π’†π’“π’Šπ’†π’” 𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒂𝒍𝒐𝒏𝒆 π’ƒπ’π’π’Œ -𝟎𝟏 "Hope" I shout her name while running, trying to find her everywhere but even a sin...
285 3 35
Kayla has been in love with her brothers best friend for as long as she can remember and she finally has the courage to tell Cole. Cole isn't someone...
131 0 29
Sixteen year old Sierra Smith was your typical sophomore in high school. She had friends, a boyfriend, and an older brother who was one of the most p...
206K 8.7K 23
'Accidents happen'. That's what people say. Yet, some accidents take away from us more than others. Ethan had it all. Everything was lined up in fr...