A Different Kind of Heaven [...

By Silmarilz1701

Official Wattpad Tolkien Fanfic Top ranked #1 in Silmarillion, #1 in Tolkien Top 10 in Silmarillion from 2018... More

A Different Kind of Heaven
Prologue
Chapter 1: The Summons
Chapter 2: The Meeting
Chapter 3: Seven Sons
Chapter 4: How Many Cousins
Chapter 5: The Market
Chapter 6: Constellations
Chapter 7: Plans
Chapter 8: Small Reminders
Chapter 9: Learning Curve
Chapter 10: Above the Waves
Chapter 11: Jewel Shores
Chapter 12: Many Meetings
Chapter 13: Lessons and Memories
Chapter 14: Midnight Serenade
Chapter 16: The Road Well Travelled
Chapter 17: The Festival
Chapter 18: Horse Racing
Chapter 19: Apples to Apples
Chapter 20: An Archer's Game
Chapter 21: Gardens of Paradise
Chapter 22: Sketches
Chapter 23: Liquid Silver
Chapter 24: Awkward Conversations
Chapter 25: Shut Up and Dance
Chapter 26: Food and Fellowship
Chapter 27: Hey Brother
Chapter 28: All the Emotions
Chapter 29: City of the Gods
Chapter 30: See the Light
Chapter 31: Spinner of Words
Chapter 32: The First Engagement
Epilogue
A Thank You

Chapter 15: Who's Who

957 75 76
By Silmarilz1701

When Eve rolled over the next morning to find a short red haired elf staring at her, she groaned. The elf just looked at her curiously, quietly. He didn't say anything so she remained lying on her side. They stared at each other.

"Which one am I talking to?" Eve finally asked.

"Ambarussa." The small elf boy said simply and without even a laugh, though his eyes shined with mirth.

Eve rolled her eyes. "Thanks. You're so helpful."

"You are welcome." The elf shifted his weight to his left leg. He stared at Eve a little longer and she returned his gaze without flinching. Finally he spoke up. "Why do you sleep with your eyes closed?"

She had not been expecting that question. She wasn't sure what she'd been expecting, but it wasn't that. "Um, because it's called sleeping?"

"We do not sleep with closed eyes. It is frightening to lose sight of what is around." The as of yet unidentified Ambarussa explained quickly.

"Are you afraid of the dark," Eve teased him. She still lay under her blankets and covers, watching him closely.

He scoffed. "I do not get scared. Pityo might be scared of the dark. I don't know."

She grinned wide. "I'm talking to Telvo then, huh? Nice try, little man."

Telvo folded his arms and huffed. "If you do not get up now, Pityo and I will eat all of your breakfast."

"Leave, then I'll get up," she said quickly. "Or I'll eat you for breakfast."

Telvo cracked a smile and nodded. He dashed out of the room and down the hall to the kitchen, skidding to a halt before his brother who sat eating with Nerdanel and Fëanáro.

Nerdanel smiled. "Was she awake?"

"No. I woke her up," Telvo said, shifting into his chair with a smug smile on his face. He took a bite of the fluffy pancake on his plate.

Fëanáro exchanged a glance with his wife. Turning to his youngest son, he raised an eyebrow and asked a single question. "Did you dump water on her? Do not lie."

Telvo and Pityo smirked at each other but Telvo shook his head. "No. I did not."

The relief on Nerdanel's face nearly caused Fëanáro to laugh. But he merely nodded and continued to eat, asking the twins questions between bites about their studies. "And did you remember their names?"

"Of course!" Pityo shovelled pancake bites into his mouth. "Tata and Tatië, Imin and Iminyë-"

"Enel and Enelyë!" Telvo jumped in at the end with the last pair.

"You are doing especially well with the lessons on the Cuivienyarna," said Fëanáro with a tiny smile at Telvo's eagerness. "I am proud of you for studying so hard."

With a grin, Pityo shouted, "Soon we will know more than even Káno!"

They spoke quietly until Eve came wandering into their kitchen area. She shuffled her feet, glad that Nerdanel noticed her quickly. "Good morning."

Nerdanel smiled and stood to help her. "Good morning! I am glad you found the new dresses. They came yesterday." She walked to Eve and showed her to an empty seat at the table. Once Eve sat, Nerdanel placed a plate of pancakes and biscuits before her. "Eat."

"Thank you!" Eve smiled at everyone and took a bite. She grinned even wider. "These are wonderful."

"My sons tell me you are interested in painting," Fëanáro began a few minutes later as he and his family finished eating. He did not mind that Eve still ate, rather, he was glad it gave her time to speak with him. "Did you paint before?"

"Yes, quite a bit." She nodded. "I was getting a degree in art. I studied it to use it for a job," she clarified quickly. "I love it."

"Then we shall have to see what you can do," Fëanáro said with a quick nod as if to himself. He stood from the table and cleared his plate. "I will be at the forge for the day with Curufinwë, but we will get you situated with supplies soon enough."

"I appreciate it." Eve then turned to the twins. "What are you two doing today?"

"The forge!" Pityo said loudly with a grin to match his enthusiasm.

"And it is time we leave," Fëanáro told them. He took their plates and placed them to where they could be cleaned. "Come on."

The Ambarussa pushed out their chairs with loud shouts of joy. Nerdanel, not even bothering to try to curb their loudness, pushed their chairs in afterwards. Before Eve could blink, all three elves had left out the door to visit the forges.

"Do they have a special forge?" Eve asked Nerdanel once they had left. She watched as the woman all but danced around the kitchen, cleaning up.

Nerdanel nodded. "My husband does. But then one he takes our children to belongs to my father, Mahtan. Together he and my father have taught each of our sons the craft. Curvo now has his own permanent station in Mahtan's forge, but the rest of my sons use the forge infrequently now." She took Eve's plate once she saw the woman finish. "What do you wish to do today, Eve?"

Eve shrugged. "I have no idea. What's there to do?"

"I enjoy spending my days at the docks, but since you just saw Alqualondë, perhaps you'd like something different?" Nerdanel paused in her movements and stood thoughtfully for a moment. "Perhaps something will present itself. Findaráto may want to start your lessons soon."

Laughter was heard and a knock at the door sounded a few minutes later after Eve helped Nerdanel clean. The door opened, and in walked five people and a huge dog. Two of them laughed raucously, Tyelko and Finno. Nelyo and Káno chuckled along more quietly, while Moryo stood behind them with a smirk on his face.

"Good morning, Lady Nerdanel, Eve!" Findekáno bowed quickly.

Nerdanel smiled warmly. "Good morning, Finno."

Huan barked along with him almost in greeting. Eve released a very childlike squeal and fell to her knees, hugging the dog. When she stood, Huan already came to her chest so that now as she knelt, her head was buried deep in his fur. Huan licked her face and she laughed.

"Apparently she cares more for the dog than any of us," Findekáno immediately joked.

"Give me a break," Eve shot back from the floor. "He's fluffy!"

Tyelko smiled down. "His name is Huan."

"Cute!" Eve stood back up after a last kiss from the giant wiry golden hound. "What are you guys up to today?"

"Yavanna is opening her apple orchards for picking in a few days, for the start of the Festival of Yavannië," Nelyo told Eve and his mother. "We thought to make our way there. We'll be gone for well over two weeks, but we thought we'd offer you a spot with us as Curvo decided not to go."

Nerdanel looked at them in surprise. "Curvo said no?"

"He claimed he has to finish a project," Káno explained. "Something about needing to perfect it before showing father and grandfather."

"A festival?" Eve brightened. "That sounds fun!" She turned to Nerdanel. "Can I go?"

The woman laughed. "Of course! You are in charge." She placed and hand on Eve's shoulder and gestured with her other hand to her sons and nephew. "These wonderful men will help you I'm sure." Huan barked, causing Nerdanel to laugh. "And this wonderful dog."

Eve nodded. "So, when do we leave?"

"We brought the horses here, so whenever you are ready," Tyelko told her. "We'll wait outside."

Eve nodded and hurried to her bedroom. Along with dresses, Nerdanel had bought three riding outfits. Eve put on one of them, an outfit with silver and light blue with black accents. She packed the rest into a backpack along with two dresses and her stuffed cat, Spencer. When she had finished, brushing her hair quickly and smiling at herself in the mirror of her room, she sped back down the hall to find Nerdanel. The woman sat reading at the table.

"Have fun, child," Nerdanel smiled, hugging Eve tightly. "The Festival of Yavannië is a treasured one here. There will be much to do. Stick with my sons so you don't get lost."

"Will do." She nodded and straightened herself up. "I'll be back soon!"

But Nerdanel shook her head. "Take your time, enjoy yourself!"

Eve grinned back at Nerdanel as she sped towards the door. Once out into the yard, she walked down the stone path to where the elves and horses waited. Moryo already sat atop his black stallion.

"Ready?" Nelyo asked her quickly.

Eve nodded. "As I'll ever be."

Moryo walked his horse in circles. "Good! Then let us be off!"

Findekáno offered her a hand up onto Alassë which she accepted. Once all had mounted, Nelyo and Findekáno led the way down the path into the streets. They left Tirion by other paths than they had when going to Alqualondë, and Eve eagerly watched the scenes around her. Huan trotted between Tyelko's horse and her own. He kept up no issue, and in fact Eve decided he very much wanted to run faster. But until they reached the open roads outside the city, he was forced to remain at a walk.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.5K 76 12
Silmarillion request book! Please read the first chapter for info. Requests currently closed due to my other projects.
15.4K 1K 22
Sequel to "A Different Kind of Heaven," but takes place thirty-six Valian Years later (340+ Earth years). Top ranked #1 in Silmarillion, #1 in Maedhr...
3K 248 17
When dreams stop being dreams, things get confusing. Anna is back - back in a place she once thought was just a product of her imagination. The silve...
30.1K 1.1K 27
She should have paid attention to Uncle Wong's lesson on the rules of travelling through different dimensions. Instead, after blacking out and fighti...