Valencia

By Emna_BH

[currently being edited and re-written] She went away to heal her scars, but instead, she came back with new... More

Dedication
The beginning
C h a p t e r 1: Coming back home
C h a p t e r 2: Surprise!
C h a p t e r 3: A cigar
C h a p t e r 4: I despise you
C h a p t e r 5: I lov-
C h a p t e r 6: Her file is protected.
C h a p t e r 7: A cellular
C h a p t e r 8: A paper
C h a p t e r 9: Don't tell Zack
C h a p t e r 10: The beach
C h a p t e r 11: The mission
C h a p t e r 12: Don't hurt her
C h a p t e r 13: You're the reason
C h a p t e r 14: Drained of all colour
C h a p t e r 15: A murder V
C h a p t e r 16: Innocent murderer
C h a p t e r 17: He was a good man
C h a p t e r 18:unhealed
C h a p t e r 19: Pain Facing Sorrow
C h a p t e r 20: What's that?
C h a p t e r 21: Owned2L
C h a p t e r 22: A musical day
Not A Chapter BUT
C h a p t e r 23:What The Hell Is This?
C h a p t e r 24: Like the bird
C h a p t e r 25: Smile
C h a p t e r 26: Poor Girl.
C h a p t e r 27: Envelope
C h a p t e r 28: Bad News
C h a p t e r 29: Familiar
C h a p t e r 30: I Deserve To Know
C h a p t e r 31: Her Decisions
C h a p t e r 32: One Sheep
C h a p t e r 33: Priorities
C h a p t e r 34: The Court
C h a p t e r 35: The Court ii
C h a p t e r 36:Man Down
C h a p t e r38: The Crown
C h a p t e r 39: Thorn
C h a p t e r 40: Innocence
C h a p t e r 41: No Escape
C ha p t e r 42: Tears
C h a p t e r 43: Never Forget
C h a p t e r 44: Washing Sins
C h a p t e r 45: Remember.
C h a p t e r 46: Him.
C h a p t e r 47: It's Been A Long Time
C h a p t e r 48: Who Are You?
C h a p t e r 49: Revealing
C h a p t e r 50: The Beginning Of The End
C h a p t e r 51: Forgotten Memories
C h a p t e r 52: Forever
ACKNOWLEDGMENT

C h a p t e r 37: Agony

63 4 0
By Emna_BH

Please don't forget to vote and comment.

You can always follow me on Twitter Emna_B_H.
Ask Emnabm2.

Thank you.

Valencia

When life turns to be unfair

C h a p t e r 37: Agony.

The worst thing that we sadly care about and that hurts us so freaking much when it happens, is disappointing someone we care a lot about.

Sometimes, whether you're at fault, or whether you know hundred percent you're right, you end up hiding things you do or believe in just to avoid finding yourself lonelier than you already are.

"Shame is something we bury deep enough to not show, but also deep enough where you can no longer dig for it to get it out once you no longer believe it's necessary." Drake started calm and steady. "That's what Valencia told me when I actually first spoke to her. It's hard... being the one who's telling you something I know nothing about except for what she told me, and what our research got for us. You know, some people are just misfortune. You sent your sister to live with a family that used to be friends with your parents and shits happen. Before I start telling you about what happened to your sister, I'll tell you what happened to your mother and father."

A frown wore Zack's face as he heard him mention his parents. "What do they have to do with this?"

"That, we still don't know for sure. But I guess it will make you understand your mother more and hate her less if you know she probably didn't kill herself."

Zack opened and closed his mouth many times before he actually managed to control his voice strings: "Hate? Didn't suicide? What?"

"I didn't mean the literal meaning of hate, it's normal to have grudges against her. She left you alone, she didn't even explain. That's what you must've thought whenever you faced some difficulties. Listen to me, I will tell you everything, but I need you to be calm, it's so much to take in." he sighed before he continued. "Take this letter; it's the only thing your mum left since you never got to look through her stuff you didn't see it."

It's time...

***

She was a broken girl living no ending heart-breaking events, from mother' death to father's death, from feeling like her brother gave up on her to losing the family that took her in to take care of her.

Caring... that's an unavailable thing in Valencia's life. Every time someone seems to care, they go away in a way or another.

She thought of flying back to her home again while stressing about how to tell him of the sudden death of the Coopers, but life decided to take her to another turn.

She met new people, new drinks and new bars at a young age of sixteen. Hard liquor burning her throat, different lips getting kissed, a different sensation of hangover every morning or every midday since that's when she wakes up.

Funny enough, in her sober days, she looks at the school copybooks in her room and decides to take few looks, but for other people, having her sober and absent from time to time wasn't helping them.

One day, she woke up hearing voices in the house. Focusing on it, she heard laughter, some glass crashing then it went all silent. It didn't take long before shit went down and a gunshot was heard. A few seconds later, the laughter was back.

Valencia stood up hysterically and looked for a way out. She was scared, nervous as she was glancing from the window. She had a jump, but it seemed like a crazy idea.

"Break the door and wake her up." A man stood behind the door.

She ran to the window, not looking back nor down and jumped. It wasn't a nice fall but she avoided to let any sound out, swallowing the pain. She stood up again to continue running but she felt a strong grip on her arm.

The man turned her to face him and smiled sheepishly. "Where are you going, sweetheart?"

She looked at his face details, her fear showing as a frown on her face as she felt like fainting.

"Leave me or I'll start yelling."

But all he did was laughing, and she heard from afar her room door opening, and someone crying: "Where is she?"

"She's here! The bitch was trying to run away."

"Oh." The man walked out after a minute, smirking as he lighted a cigar and exhaled the smoke in circles then he glanced at the helpless girl in front of him.

He liked it; to feel superior and powerful.

She reminded him of his old self as if she was reflecting the old image of him.

And oh how much he hated his old weak self.

That's how some humans work, they go from being weak to becoming strong and then they start hating weakness, from poor to wealthy to hate the desperate feeling they used to feel when they had no dollar.

Not everyone is like that, but those who turn to be like that are beasts, monsters you have to watch over.

He advanced towards her, his smile washed off.

His face was close to hers as he looked into her eyes, frowning. He inhaled and exhaled the fume in her face waiting for a reaction, but as stinky as it felt, as vulnerable as she was, she didn't blink an eye, her body trembling but that was before he even comes out.

He watched her before he starts laughing slowly in a low tone. He approached his head and whispered to her:" You'll get yourself killed one day."

***

Zack felt numb after he read the letter his mother left, wondering how he never got the courage to enter his parent's room.

Drake pitied him but took a deep breath before talking. "As you can see, your mother was raped. We only knew about this in this short period of time too, but then we got a hint about who may be behind all this. Also, I guess you can understand by now that your mother either did suicide to run away from the monster and protect you all, or she was killed."

He sighed and passed his hand through his hair nervously. "Even your dad's death was planned. The fight and the whole scene were planned. We got to an only explanation for now. I'm sorry for telling you all this like this, but what's has to be done needs to be done. We suspect that your mother's rapist is the one behind all this."

"But, why?" Zack asked lost as tears slipped on his cheeks.

It was unbelievable and it just ripped his heart, feeling that the people close to his heart were just strangers with few happy memories with him.

He felt they all left this world in agony, none of them died satisfied, in their warm bed, surrounded by people they loved.

None of them just died. All had to suffer before they finally leave him alone.

And he never feared losing someone the way he does right now.

And his mind never gave ugly suggestions as it was doing at the moment as he waited for Drake to continue talking and telling him about what happened to his sister.

***

"Mom..." His voice was shaking as he walked closer to her, his hand lay on her shoulder and she turned around and smiled wildly.

"Baby! I missed you so damn much!" She hugged him as if there was no tomorrow, repairing some of his broken pieces, making him feel for a while that what he did was worth it. "Is it over?" She asked.

He looked confused at her, backing off a bit so he can see her face. "What's over?"

Her smile faded slowly and she answered uncertainly: "The Valencia mess. I feel bad for her."

Does she know? Did that fuck do something to her?

"Guilt is killing me but I had to do it, for you."

She looked at him confused. "Did what for me? Declan baby, you know I was protected."

"No you weren't... they were always following you!"

"Yes, but they were working for Thomas... wait... Oh no." she turned white like snow and stuttered her next words as if she was afraid of pronouncing them. "You..di-didn't know? What did you do then Declan?"

***

"What do you mean?" Valencia asked the girl who was walking away.

"Oh dear, just wait for the news."

***

I'm so so so so sorry for the delay

FORGIVE ME *offers cookies*

*and pizza*

*and ice cream*

Anyway THANK GOD I UPDATED, It's been a while and I'm super busy since I have a final national exam in few months that will determinate all my university future.

IM SO STRESSED.

Also, I PROMISE YOU TO END THIS BOOK THIS SUMMER AND I WILL TAKE CARE OF EDITING IT AND GETTING ALL PLOT GAPS AND GRAMMATICAL MISTAKES CORRECTED

Patience? Pleaseeeee ♥

I love you all! Don't forget to vote I LOVE YOUR SUPPORT

AND ALSO WE CLOSE TO 10K GUYS!!

Enjoy the hunger! (Sorry hehe)

I love you,

cya

07/03/2018 MY TWO CATS GAVE BIRTH IN THE SAME DAY TO THESE CUTE 9 KITTIES 😭❤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

White Lies (Book 1) By Lily W

Mystery / Thriller

10.6M 179K 44
Jesabel is a liar. When her only friend mysteriously disappears, she does what comes naturally. She keeps her truth from the world. Without warning...
2.7K 296 63
Can love really win against vengeance? Sometimes our past gets to us. No matter how much we try to hide the truth , it all comes out one way or anoth...
16.1K 762 57
[Featured on Wattpad Picks 2018 - Undiscovered, For Now] A clean & wholesome romance riddled with mystery (without crime)... In the midst of recoveri...
62.3K 3.6K 70
There is nothing like first love but then there is nothing like true love also. A love that stands there for you even in the worst times, that is wha...