[✔️] Across The Years | Seulr...

By zhenaerys

Falling in love with someone is a crazy feeling. Whether it's forbidden, complicated, or secretly then can't... More

Ch. 1 - An old photo
Ch. 2 - The box
Ch. 3 - A new job
Ch. 4 - Is she or isn't she
Ch. 5 - A spider's web
Ch. 6 - Possibilities
Ch. 7 - Groovy
Ch. 8 - Happy birthday, John
Ch. 9 - Never pass up a chance to see Freddy
Ch. 10 - End of a long road
Ch. 11 - Roughing it
Ch. 12 - Upstairs/Downstairs
Ch. 13 - Not in our stars
Ch. 14 - One day down
Ch. 15 - Breaking character
Ch. 16 - Knock knock
Ch. 17 - The ride
Ch. 18 - Another outing
Ch. 19 - A little peek
Ch. 20 - The garden
Ch. 21 - The moment (Part I)
Ch. 22 - The moment (Part II)
Ch. 23 - Too little, too late
Ch. 24 - Running down the clock
Ch. 25 - The circle
Ch. 26 - Out of the frying pan, into the fire
Ch. 27 - Remember me
Ch. 28 - A new world
Ch. 29 - Stranger in a strange land
Ch. 30 - Trouble in paradise
Ch. 31 - Who's the villain
Ch. 32 - Out in the open
Ch. 33 - Catching up
Last Chapter - Wraparound
NEW STORY !!!

Ch. 34 - Fate or chance

12.8K 506 618
By zhenaerys

No One's POV

The pair had a very nice lunch, though Irene weren't too fond of the rock music that was playing in the bar.

"I do not like this music, must all modern music be about people's behinds? It's so vulgar." The Victorian girl said as she finished the last bite of her salad.

Seulgi raised an eyebrow and listened to a few bars of Baby Got Back by Sir Mix— a lot that happened to be playing, before shrugging. "Sorry honey, it's all about asses these days. Either looking them or getting them."

Irene wasn't sure if the Korean rebel was kidding her, but it certainly seemed like the modern music was all about things that one in her day, would never speak about in public.

All this talk of sex openly, made her a bit uncomfortable. She liked sex, but it was something people didn't talk about.

Seulgi got up from the table, "Come on, let's go."

Irene got up and looked around, while some of the changes were a bit unsettling, she felt a sense of pride that the Inn her father built was still running.

Outside, the pair took each other's hands while Seulgi suggested they take a walk and see the town. The Victorian girl knew she needed to reacquaint herself with the town so she agreed. She also loved being able to openly walk hand in hand with her female lover.

The pair walked around a little bit, mostly in a happy silence with Irene pointing out buildings she recognized. However at one point, the Korean-American stopped on the side walk in front of a Belty Burger restaurant. A cheap MacDonald's rip off in the UK, Seulgi threw caution to the wind and ate there when she first arrived in Britain. She found the food to be horribly greasy and it made her sick to her stomach. She hadn't been there since.

But at this point, she stood in front of the Belty Burger and started to laugh.

Irene looked at her rather puzzled, "What is so funny, Seulgi? It is just, what you called a fast food restaurant. I do not get your humor."

She stopped laughing after a few seconds and turned to Irene, "When I first came here I ate that horrible food and got sick. I think I know why that place may be so horrible."

"Why?"

The Korean rebel then pointed to a large rock that happened to be sitting in the grass between Belty burger and the shoe store next door, "That rock was there in 1869. I remember it. I remember it as it was about 20 yards away from the outhouse behind the cabin. Now the Belty burger is now about 20 yards away from the rock."

Irene's eyes opened wide, "You mean?"

"Yes, the Belty burger is built right were the old outhouse was and—" Seulgi then looked down at the ground sidewalk for a moment. "—If my guess is correct, we are standing in what used to be my kitchen."

With a frown, the Victorian girl shook her heard. "I do not wish to have a Belty Burger."

Seulgi urged her on, "Me neither."

As they were near the park which still existed, they took a long walk which the Latina-American loved. The park was very much as she remembered it and it brought back very fond memories. At one point, they found a nice grassy spot near the river and lay together, holding hands, looking at the clouds.

For both of them, it was a wonderful day spent with the woman they loved.

By the time they came back, it was nearing supper and Seulgi suggested for Irene to try something new. Up to this point, she had only made things that used to be served in the Victorian girl's home.

"How about Chinese food from the Emperor's kitchen?"

Irene suddenly gasped, "Food from China, from the kitchen of the Emperor in the Forbidden City no less. Such wonders. How does it get from China so quickly, by Jet plane?"

Seulgi shook her head and suppressed the urge to laugh at or mock Irene, "No, it's a semi crappy Chinese Restaurant about 3 blocks from here. But they make excellent Kung Pao Chicken, you'll love it. Why don't you relax and read a bit. I know you don't like the TV and I'll order the chicken and make some other arrangements. Until I call you, stay put in the bedroom. Please."

"Arrangements?"

The Korean rebel smirked and walked into the kitchen, "That would be telling. Sorry, can't help you. Please check your number and try again."

Irene just shook her head. She had seen a few minutes of the TV here and there, but didn't quite like it. Sadly what she saw was, a few minutes of the Kardashian reality show, which is enough to turn anyone off of television, permanently.

So the Latina-American, read for a while in the bedroom while Seulgi ran around the apartment and occasionally out the door. Other than an occasional "Where in the fuck is that or God damn it." Seulgi said nothing. She made a mental note to speak to Seulgi about her language.

"Can I come out now?" Irene asked after half an hour.

"NO!" Was the only reply.

Sensing it was a special occasion, the Victorian girl did pick out a nice dress and snuck into the bathroom to wash up and make herself presentable. Her mother would always stress that it is proper to dress and clean-up for dinner, especially when it was special occasion.

Just after she snuck back into the bedroom, the Korean-American appeared in the doorway. Upon seeing Irene's dress, she smiled. "You look pretty, but you didn't have to dress up."

Irene blushed, "I wanted to."

Then Seulgi took her hand, "Come with me."

Irene followed her out the door and up the stairs to the roof. In the far corner there was a card table with a nice table cloth and a nice place setting for two. In addition to that some multi colored Christmas lights had been strung on a few poles giving it a festive look. On a small box was a boom box playing some soft music.

Irene was most impressed by the effort and the smell of the food was wonderful, "Thank you, Seugi." She said as she threw her arms around the Korean rebel and kissed her.

"Our first real dinner as a couple and I wanted to at least make it something special. Come on, let's eat."

The couple sat down and for the very first time Irene at Chinese food, which she loved. Just the exotic nature of eating such strange food was a thrill, but she loved her King Pao chicken and shrimp fried rice. Of course the dinner was very romantic and Irene couldn't be more happier. The pair had a wonderful romantic dinner, where then Seulgi talked about California and what it was like back home.

"I remember you talking about sunsets, how beautiful they are." The Victorian girl said between bites.

"I hate the beach, I hate the sun, but I love the sunset at the beach. It's quiet, most of the annoying people have gone and it's quiet. I sit and watch the colors in the sky as the sun sets in the sea. It feels magical."

"I'd very much like to see that."

Seulgi smiled and took her hand, "I'd very much like to show you."

As soon as dinner ended, Seulgi stood up and went to the boom box. "I was thinking about music and how we could find perhaps a compromise and I found a song that is from a year that is almost exactly halfway between 2018 and 1945. It's a popular song and you may just like it. As I said, a compromise."

"Oohh... play it, please." Irene requested happily.

The Korean rebel hit the button and the slow sound of Glen Millers 1939 song, 'Moonlight Serenade', began to play.

Irene listened for a few moments. Though the song was unfamiliar, she actually liked the slow romantic melody. To her it sounded like it had a slow dreamy quality.

"Dance with me," Seulgi asked extending her hand.

The Victorian girl stood up and with an embarrassed look said, "I don't really know how to dance, but I want to."

"Don't worry, I'll show you." Seulgi reassured, taking her hand very slowly and carefully.

She then quickly showed Irene how to dance and after a few missteps, was managing well. It seemed like the perfect moment.

"You're quite a woman you know?" Seulgi said as she held Irene close and looked deep into her eyes.

"How?"

"You turned me from an angry pissed off, heartbroken Goth into a Romantic. That's not an easy task you know? Something only you could do and no one else. I love you, Joohyun Irenea."

Irene loved hearing that and responded with her heart's answer, "I love you too, Seulgi."

For both, the evening was magical. And for a while, the pair danced to some romantic Big Band music, until the Victorian girl looked into Seulgi's eyes and said. "Make a woman of me."

Seulgi knew what that mean and couldn't help but feel a bit concerned, "Baechu, I know you wanted to be a virgin until your wedding day. I've never pressured you, so please don't feel like I expect that. We've done very well without that."

But Irene was sure and smiled, "I know, Seulgi. I've never felt any pressure from you, but I know we will be together always. I think it was meant to be. Please make love to me."

The Korean rebel's heart jumped knowing they would never be apart, "Of course."

As tempted as she was to get down to business, Seulgi urged them to clean up their mess first as it was looking like to rain.

Once done, she kissed Irene and carried her into the bedroom where the Latina-American happily gave her virginity to the woman she loved. Seulgi was just happy to have the beautiful Irene in her arms. They made love, tenderly held each other then fell into a blissful sleep.

One month later •

It had been a month since that day where Irene and Seulgi reaffirmed their love and officially became a couple. The Korean-American had gone back to school and had started her 2nd year at college.

While Irene gradually started to get used to the 21st century, with some little bumps. the Victorian girl learned the microwave is not a good way to dry clothes quickly. Especially if they have metal buttons.

Irene got her first taste of the mall where they went to buy a microwave the next day. She was shocked at the amount of clothes and pretty dresses. Irene out of habit and just because she liked it almost to always wore dresses.

She also found something to do, she volunteered to read stories to children at the local library. It was something Irene could do and at the same time, read all about the modern world. It felt good to be able to do something and she grew to enjoy it.

They did visit the Tuan manor and had a lunch with the Tuan family. Irene found them quite friendly and were able to entertain them with several stories of the Tuan family that, at least according to her, were passed down in the family. Such a good time was had, Irene and Seulgi were invited back.

On this night, to celebrate their first happy month together. Seulgi and Irene invited Mary and Zacharov to join them for dinner at the Inn that Irene's father used to own. It was nothing fancy and just a casual fun meal.

They talked about time and the meaning of Seulgi's meeting Mary twice and talked of the Victorian days. Irene and Mary both came to the conclusion that this was all pre-ordained. Seulgi just silently nodded in agreement.

"So what of the time machine. Can you rebuild it?" Asked the Victorian girl.

Zacharov nodded but looked a bit sad, "Yes, but there's been some complications."

"What?" Asked Seulgi.

"Well, it will take me long enough to replace the parts, but some thing's happened. I need a rare mineral that's essential to the whole works. It's called Upsidaisium. It's only found in one part of Africa, in a country called Zamunda. They got sick of that king, living in luxury while his people starved to death. Before I got what I needed very easy. I only needed a small amount. But recently a violent rebel group has seized the part of Zamunda where the mineral is. I'm afraid for the time being I cannot get that mineral. The mines are all closed. I can't even start to rebuild the machine without that mineral I'm sorry."

Seulgi huffed in frustration, "So you can't rebuild it."

"For now and hopefully the political situation will change. But for now, I'm in a holding pattern."

"What are you going to do in the mean time?" Asked Mary.

"I'm going to teach at Cal Tech for a few semesters and think about the machine and it's implications in light of what happened," He then looked to Irene. "It may be a number of years, but I will keep in touch and you'll be the first to know when it's running. I'm sorry I can't get you home sooner."

The Latina-American smiled and took Seulgi's hand, "With Seulgi, I am home."

It was a fun evening and everyone had a good time. Near the end of the meal, Mary pulled out an envelope and handed it to Irene.

"Irenea, I've had such a wonderful time talking to you and learning what it was like to live in Victorian days. I have something for you and Seulgi as well. As thanks for that and what Seulgi had done for me so long ago."

The Korean rebel shook her head, "No, please don't. You've paid me back enough."

"Just open it," Mary prompted.

Irene looked at the envelope and with a growing sense of curiosity, open it. From it, she extracted a piece of paper and started to read. "Deed? I'm not sure what this means." She said to Seulgi.

Seulgi then looked at the paper and her Jaw fell open, "Baechu, this is the deed to the inn and it's been signed over to both of us."

"What?"

Mary nodded, ""I wanted to give you two a present. I bought the inn from its current owner and I'm giving it to you. You're father built it and it's only fitting that you own it now. I have the contact number of the manager and you can give him a call."

The Victorian girl's hands started to shake as a tear came to her eye, "I don't know how to thank you. This means so much to me."

"Congratulations Irene and Seulgi." Zacharov chided.

"I spoke with the current manager and he's willing to stay on and help you run the place. I can have some other people show you how to run a business."

Feeling a bit emotional herself, Seulgi shed a tear. "Thank you, Mary."

"You're welcome. I wouldn't be where I am now without you. It's the least I could do."

Then the Korean-American appeared to think for a moment. "Hey Baechu, why don't you take Mary out back and show her where your house was. I'm sure she'd be interested in seeing it."

"If you say so, Seulgi." Irene complied, looking just a bit puzzled. "Come on, Mary."

A second later, Seulgi watched Mary and Irene exit out the back of the bar.

Zacharov gave her a strange look, "You're acting suspicious, what gives?"

"I just wanted to get rid of them for a minute. I needed talk to you about something."

Zacharov raised an eyebrow. "I noticed something strange... okay downright bizarre last night."

"What's that?" Asked the time machine inventor, taking a drink of his rum punch.

"Well, when I first got to England last year, I saw a web page for a Jack the Ripper walking tour. You get a headphones and a little Walkman with a tape that guides you around to the places the bodies were found, where the victims where last seen and tells you about it. Sounded really fun... at least to me. I wanted to see where the bodies were found."

Zacharov nodded, but still looked a bit puzzled. "Okay, it's a bit morbid but not all that bizarre."

"It's not that, it's the fact that I couldn't find the website anymore or any walking tour. I searched and searched online."

"Perhaps they went out of business. That happens."

Seulgi shook her head as a strange look of worry appeared on her face, "Puzzled, I looked up Jack the ripper myself, so I could maybe do one of my own. But here's the weird part. I couldn't find any reference to Jack the ripper anywhere, nor any of the murders. Not on any website and I looked for more than 2 hours. The only Jack the ripper I ever found was a Jack the ripper Harris, who was a professional surfer from Hawaii...

But as far as the murderer goes... nothing, nada, zip, zilch. I went to the library this morning and looked up books about famous crimes, again the same thing— nothing. I couldn't find a single reference to him or the ripper murders anywhere. I even asked a few people at the library. No one had ever heard of him."

Zacharov's Jaw dropped, "What? Who hasn't heard of him. He killed all those prostitutes in the 1880's."

Throwing her hands up in the air, she said. "Apparently no one, because he never existed."

Still half in shock, Zacharov mumbled. "We did something to the timeline. Wiped him out. But because we are the only two that remember the old time line we still remember him. I wonder how?"

The Korean rebel leaned back in her chair and took a very long drink, "So I was thinking. In the original time line, Mark Tuan by 1882 had been utterly disgraced, disowned by his family and was on the run from his creditors. He set sail on a ship for Australia and it sank with all hands."

"Okay, I remember you telling me that."

She then leaned in close to Zacharov, "Well... let's say for arguments sake, that he actually survived the shipwreck or maybe wasn't even on it at all. Perhaps he said he was going to Australia in an attempt to fool the people who he owed money. But in any case, everyone thinks he's dead. So then he hides in the shadows and some darker part of his nature takes control. By 1888 he's carving up working girls in Whitechapel. After that, Lord knows what happens to him."

Zacharov thought for a moment, "So you think Mark Tuan was Jack the ripper, but since you changed history and he drowned in 1869, he never got the chance to commit all those crimes?"

"All this made me remember something. At the time it seemed inconsequential but, that day I was at breakfast I told you about, where I quoted corrected his Shakespeare and quoted some of my own, for just and instant there was a strange coldness in his eyes. It was quite chilling, but at the same time, I was too proud of myself to really pay much attention to it and I forgot it up to now."

"Of all things and space and time, Mark Tuan was Jack the Ripper." She laughed and leaned back in her chair, "It is an interesting theory isn't it?" Seulgi then took a deep breath and exhaled. "Mark Tuan was an arrogant, self-centered, narcissist and thief who drowned on July 10th, 1869 and that's all he's ever going to be. I won't give him the satisfaction, of giving him any more credit than credit is due."

"I see your point."

"I'm sure I did something to wipe Jack the ripper out. Perhaps it was me kicking that guy in the nuts on my first day. Perhaps some other ripple of something I did. He's gone and it's not worth losing any sleep over. The Ripper crimes never happened. Perhaps I went back for more than one reason. But that reason was someone else's" Seulgi explained, as she looked up to the ceiling.

"Are you going to tell Irene?"

Seulgi shake her head vigorously, "God no. Never. What would I tell her anyway? Tell her about a man that never existed, a man that no one remembers. I remembered the names of the ripper victims. I was fascinated about him and read up a lot, before all this mess at least. One of the victims was Catherine Eddowes. I looked her up this morning and found out that she died of tuberculosis on March 14th, 1903. Again, what would I tell Baechu? She's suffered enough and the man now only exists in our memories."

"It is very strange."

Seulgi finished her beer and could see the Victorian girl and Mary coming back in the bar, "Yes indeed. I must bid you farewell, as I see my lovely girlfriend coming and it's time for us to get going."

Irene walked up to her and gave her a kiss, "So what were you guys talking about?"

"Nothing of any importance, love. So, ready to go?"

The Latina-American nodded, "Yes."

"Seulgi, I'll keep in touch." Zacharov said, as he moved to the door.

"Thank you. Thank you for one hell of a ride."

The professor smiled, "You're welcome."

After seeing Mary off, Seulgi and Irene walked home holding hands.

"So Seulgi, do you think this was all pre-ordained." Irene mused.

The Korean rebel squeezed her hand, "Maybe, just as long as I have you."

Irene giggled, "You do and always will."

Lemme tell you guys a story, not Seulrene related but, oh well. So last night as I was about to head home with our work service, there's this guy who's older than me (3 years I think?) and we never ever talk to each other since I started to work with him.

So yeah that night, the both of us was in the backseat while our driver and his girlfriend was in the front. Our driver just suddenly passed me the aux cord and asked me to play some music while he's driving.

Of course I complied while still not talking to the guy beside me, talk about him radiating awkward vibe. I play my music until I ended up on Reflection (Fifth Harmony's album.) And that's when he fucking screamed (I swear,) that shocked all of us inside the hilux.

I don't know what happened to him but suddenly he became very talkative, (He even asked if I like Little Mix, who's my girl in Fifth Harmony, if I have a Bieber's song and that Florida was cool.) Since then, he always sticks with me now lol.

Anyways, I hoped you liked the chapter and the little twist that I snuck into it.

One note to clear something up. The Tuan family that currently exists, are all descended from Mark's brother Richard. Mark had no descendants of his own.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

54.1K 2.4K 40
Kim Minjeong's life takes an unexpected turn when she finds herself thrust into the role of managing one of the most beautiful and sought out actress...
285K 13.8K 93
Riven Dixon, the youngest of the Dixon brothers, the half brother of Merle and Daryl dixon was a troubled young teen with lots of anger in his body...
97K 3.1K 42
We always look for love because they say it's the most beautiful thing a person can feel. It's one of the most extra-ordinary emotion we can experien...
149K 10.9K 60
BOOK #2 They say love heals scars, but Seokmin's scars were lessons-bitter reminders that twisted him into a creature of darkness. His life was a ser...