Old Friends, New Beginnings |...

By mayaxwriter

PETER PARKER FANFIC **** Peter Parker has been your best friend since you were young and you both are crushe... More

Part 1 - Kids (Prologue)
Part 2 - Back to Queens
Part 3 - Hey Parker...
Part 4 - Just Friends...
Part 5 - Spider-Boy
Part 6 - Web Fluid
Part 7 - Night Talk
Part 8 - Homecoming Tears
Part 9 - Cloud Nine
Part 10 - Homecoming Game
Part 11 - Dinner Butterflies
Part 12 - "You look perfect tonight"
Part 13 - Airport Meetings
Part 14 - Just Leave...
Part 15 - I Missed You
Part 16 - Gemini
Part 17 - Tony Stark
Part 18 - Mind Messages
Part 19 - Elise
Part 20 - The Gift
Part 21 - Burns
Part 22 - Partners
Part 23 - Banks and Secrets
Part 24 - The New Guy
Part 25 - Birthday Surprises (Part 1)
Part 26 - Birthday Surprises (Part 2)
Part 27 - Questions
Part 29 - Drunk from Love
Part 30 - Forget
Part 31 - Ember
Part 32 - Thoughts
Part 33 - Confession
Part 34 - Back Again
Part 35 - Work Lies
Part 36 - Dad
Part 37 - Dinner
Part 38 - Discovery
Part 39 - Consequences
Part 40 - Delmar's
Part 41 - Job Offer
Part 42 - Bottom Bunk
Part 43 - The Ticket
Part 44 - The Call
Part 45 - MJ
Part 46 - Explanation
Part 47 - A Walk
Part 48 - After School
Part 49 - Mom
Part 50 - Reassurance
Part 51 - Meeting
Part 52 - Hero Talks
Part 53 - Safe
Part 54 - Dress
Part 55 - The Last Night
Author's Note & Sequel Tease

Part 28 - Goodbyes and Lies

5.5K 164 171
By mayaxwriter

Once again, my mom and Aunt May allowed Peter and I to miss part of school so we can take Elise and her family to the airport and say goodbye. 

My mom and Aunt May drove us there. The kids in one car and the adults in the other. Aunt May drove the kids, while my mom chose to drive the adults. 

"So Elise and Mandy did you guys enjoy your stay here?" Aunt May tries to start a conversation, knowing Mandy it won't last long, but Elise tries to keep it going. 

"Yeah, it was great!" Elise responded. 

"I hope Peter was polite to you both," She looks at Peter and he blushes. 

I grin, "Oh yeah, he was very nice. And I approve of him dating my best friend," She laughs and looks to me. I give her a side hug. 

About ten minutes later we arrive at the airport. We all walk in, Mandy and Elise carrying all of their luggage. We meet my mom and Elise's parents in the front of the airport just before you enter security. 

"It was so lovely for you all to come, I hope you had a great time." My mom tells Elise and her family. 

My mom, Elise's parents and Aunt May all exchange hugs and handshakes. Peter, Mandy, Elise and I all gather around each other for our goodbyes. 

I turn to Mandy, "Mandy, you've been a complete witch with a 'b' to me, but thanks for coming," I tell her. 

She returns my goodbye with a scoff and turns back to her phone. 

"Yeah, uh, thank you guys for coming. Hopefully, I can see you again." Peter joins in. 

Elise gives Peter a hug, "just watch out for my best friend, she's like family to me." Elise whispers in his ear. 

"I will," he says.

Mandy gives Peter a smile and then turns to me and glares before walking off with her parents into the security line. 

I turn to Elise who is looking right back at me, I pull her into a tight hug, "I'll miss you," I tell her. 

"Michigan isn't the same without you," she responds. 

I'm going to miss Elise like crazy, but it'll be nice having some alone time with Peter again. 

"Come back and visit soon, OK? Everyone misses you, you're still Little Miss Most Popular Girl at School." She laughs. 

I chuckle, "I will, I promise," I give her one last smile, "Goodbye," 

She sniffs, "Goodbye," She turns and walks off to join her parents in the security line. 

Peter wraps his arm around me and we both turn around and head towards the door along with Aunt May and my mom. 

Before we exit the airport I turn around looking back at Elise only to find her looking back at me, "Text me OK?" I send her a mind message. 

"I promise I will." She smiles and then turns back around to hand her passport to the guard. 

"You coming?" Peter asks. 

"Yeah," I say and turn back to Peter and we walk out of the airport together.

Aunt May dropped us both off at school. We arrived at lunchtime so we both headed to the cafeteria and found Ned, Michelle, and Liam all sitting at our usual table talking. 

"Hey guys," I say as we reached the table. 

"Hey, how did it go today?" Liam asked. 

"Well, I already miss Elise, but they got on the plane safely and now here we are." I smile and take a seat next to Liam. Peter sits on the other side of me. 

Liam looks at my neck and smiles, "You're wearing the necklace I got you," I feel Peter's eyes land on my neck as well. 

"Of course, I love the necklace," I reply and turn to Peter holding out my right hand, "And I'm also wearing the beautiful ring my amazing boyfriend got me." Peter smiles and takes his lunch out. 

We all eat and talk peacefully until the bell rings and we're off to sixth hour. 

I arrive home at about 6:00. Peter and I studied at his house after school. I unlock my front door and throw my backpack into the family room. I walk into the kitchen and find spaghetti sitting out on a plate with a note next to it. 

I pick up the note that had my mothers handwriting on it, "'Had to go to work, gonna be a late night.'" I read out loud to myself.  

I sigh as I pick up the plate and set it in the microwave and turn it on. I then, eat my dinner quietly and alone. 

Once I'm finished I head up to my room and grab my suit out of my closet. It had been a while since I was out patrolling and I couldn't wait to see what happened tonight. 

I finish my transformation into Gemini by putting my hair into a ponytail. Since my mom wasn't home I could easily leave out the front door and then return back to my room through my balcony door. 

So, I walk out the front door a sneakily walk through my neighborhood before reaching the streets of New York. 

I climb up a building fire escape so I could get a better view of the city. 

"Fancy seeing you up here," I hear a familiar voice call out. I look to the right and see Spider-Man perched on the edge of the building. 

"Well, if it isn't my partner, the little Spider-ling." I laugh. 

"Watcha doing up here?" He asks me. 

I look back to the city, "just trying to catch crimes," I laugh.

I spot a boy wearing a familiar grey beanie walking down the sidewalk, "Oh look! It's Liam, the boy we saved at the bank," I tell Spider-Man. 

"Oh yeah, him," Peter responds flatly. I know that Peter didn't like Liam, but that doesn't mean I can't be friendly. 

"I'm gonna go say hi, wanna come?" I ask Peter while making my way towards the fire escape. 

"Nah, I'll stay up here and keep watch." 

I nod and head down the fire escape. When I get down, I notice Liam walking into an alley carrying a small bag. 

I silently follow him into the alley and hide behind a trashcan while watching him. He takes a small metal device out of the bag and then reaches into his pocket and takes out a think black wire and sticks it into the metal device causing it to make a buzzing sound and then shut down. 

I step out from behind the trash can, "That looks interesting," I say. 

He turns around and looks nervous until he sees it's me, "Oh Gemini, hi." 

"Hey, what's that thing?" I say motioning to the metal thing in his hands. 

"Oh just some little school project I've been working on," He says. 

I knew that was a lie since we have all of our classes together except for two and there was no project in them. 

"Well, it looks cool," I tell him. 

"T-thanks," He puts it back in the bag and then asks, "What are you doing here?" 

"I don't know how to say this without it sounding weird but I saw you walking and decided to say hi." 

"Oh, that's nice." 

"So, are you liking your new school?" I ask changing the subject. 

"Yeah, yeah it's great." 

"Make any friends?" I ask already knowing the answer. 

"Yeah, I made five friends, well four now one was just visiting one of my other friends and now left." He clears his throat. 

"Well, what about the other four, what are they like?" I ask stepping closer to him. 

"Um, well there's Ned, he's cool and super nice, and Michelle who is interesting, and there's Peter who I don't think likes me, and then there's Peter's girlfriend, Y/N, who is by far my best friend at Midtown." 

"So, what's Y/N like?" I look into his eyes not knowing what to expect. 

"She's great. She's funny, super sweet and really pretty. I think I like her, more than a friend, but she's dating Peter, so it's not like I can ask her out." He blushes, "And she and Peter aren't breaking up anytime soon, they have this special bond-" 

"It's probably just because she's known Peter her entire life." I quickly say and then immediately regret it. 

"How did you know that?" Liam questions. 

"Uh- y-you told me?" I respond. 

"I didn't, and if you knew then you have to be someone from my school," Liam concludes. 

"Um, no-no I'm not," I mutter. 

I begin to run away until I feel his hand grab my arm, his eyes are looking to my neck where my silver necklace lay. The one he gave me for my birthday. 

I mentally slap myself for forgetting to take it off after I put my suit on. 

He looks up to my eyes and stares into them for a couple of seconds, "Y/N?" He asks me. 

I panic not knowing what to do. With my free hand, I feel my hand heat up and toss a fireball behind Liam causing him to turn around letting go of my other hand, allowing me to run away. 

He calls after me and I quickly make my way up the fire escape and back to Peter. 

"Hey what happened?" He asks when I get back to the roof. 

"Uh, nothing." I reply, "I'm not feeling well, I think I'm just gonna head home but I'll see you tomorrow Spider-ling." I give him a weak smile before climbing back down the fire escape and running home. 

I return home and check my phone, many missed calls and text messages from Liam. I go upstairs to my room and dial his number. He answers on the first ring. 

"Hey," He says hesitantly. 

"Hey," I reply, "We need to talk." 

-

-

-

-

Welp, sorry for all this drama. What do you guys think Liam was working on in the alley? Let me tell you, whatever you're thinking, it's probably not that. It's gonna be a huge plot twist, and I can't wait for you all to read it. Peter wasn't in this a lot, sorry, he will be in the next chapter A LOT. Remember to comment and vote!!

~MJ Xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

353 1 26
In this beautiful love story... We have Peter Parker and Y/N. Peter Parker is Spiderman and he lives in the Avengers House (Building) and Tony Stark...
13.2K 441 33
> Peter has friends that he has known for most of his life, people that have always been there for him, people that care for and worry about him. How...
129K 3.4K 25
❝ y-you just WOULDN'T UNDERSTAND! ❞ I snapped staring into my clenched fists ❝ What don't I understand peter?❞ Tony kept a concerned tone, never onc...
102K 2.9K 41
Y/N Stark... Daughter of the famous Tony Stark that everyone knows as Iron Man. Y/N hid a secret from the world. The fact that she have ability beyo...