Critical (Jamilton)

Av iamyourprotagonist

Six years later, Thomas thinks he's finally ready to move on, to let go. He's ready to get on with life and l... Mer

!!!
1. Happy Birthday!
2. Sure, You Can Raid My Fridge
3. Me? Traumatized? Never
4. No Seriously, Disney Cures Anything
5. The Talk
6. Alex, Please See a Psychiatrist
7. Alexander At The Psychiatrist, A Mini Opera
8. Yo Das Gay
9. Be Happy For Papa John's Pizza
10. Dancing With The Stars, Except Better
11.Cold Hands: The Ultimate Wea-- O He Dead
12. Things Were Getting Too Chummy
13. Dear Theodosia, Your Dad Kinda Sucks
14. Wait What No Stop What
15. Petty Petty Petty Petty
16. Eliza Gets A Boyf
17. Sometimes That's How It Be
18. Dates With The Bois
19. Pegleg's Great Advice
20. Thomas, Your Response?
21. This Had Better Come To A Stop, Alex
22. Andre Plays Pity-Mon Instead of Poke-Mon
23. I Can't Find Usnavi
24. Uh, France?
25. Correction! I'm DrinkING. Present Tense. Grammar, Thomas.
26. Alex's Best Friend Is A Toilet
28. This Story Needs An Ending
29. Let's Make A Deal
30. An Order Of Crazy With A Side Of Stupid
31. That Makes So Much Sense
32. It's A Beautiful Night, We're Looking For Something Dumb To Do
33. If You Could Stop Dying, That'd Be Great
34. Rachel Ray, Peter Griffin, Sam Adams, Papa John, Mario
35. Epilogue, Read In The Voice Of The SpongeBob Narrator
BONUS: Git Married Skrub

27. Superdad on Easy St.

1.5K 109 268
Av iamyourprotagonist

Hamilton

Once Alexander defeated his body's punishment for consuming so much alcohol, he decided to get Thomas to take him to get Jane and Mary fruit smoothies for an apology. Thomas said that it was probably going to take slightly more than some smoothies, but Alex insisted it was at least a start. 

Of course, the smoothies were pretty cheap, but they weren't about to go spend fifty dollars for a smoothy. Not even if they had the money for that. 

After they got the drinks, Hamilton went home while Jefferson went to go talk to Burr. Apparently, there was a new situation with his wife. So, Alex was left to finish his apology on his own. That didn't seem so bad, but from what he's seen of all the Jeffersons, any of them could kill him pretty easily. 

He walked into the house with the tray of smoothies. Just three strawberry banana peace treaties. He took a breath and walked in, expecting them to yell at him, which they didn't. Actually, they acted like they usually did. Jane was sitting on the couch, having a one-way argument with Dr. Phil, and Mary was just enjoying the drama of the episode. 

"Hey, guys," Alex said.

"'Sup Lex," Mary replied without looking away from the T.V. "Wanna watch? It's a pretty good episode." 

Ham didn't expect this to happen, so his entire speech was out the window. 

"Oh," he muttered, quickly trying to think of something else. "Sure. I got some smoothies."

"Flavor?" Jane prompted. 

"Strawberry banana." 

The women jumped up so fast and snatched them out of the drink carrier, immediately going back to the show and sucking down the frozen drinks. 

"These wouldn't happen to have anything to do with your little mishap the other day, would they?" Jane asked suspiciously. 

"They do, actually," Hamilton replied, looking embarrassedly at the ground. "I have no idea what made me think that was okay, but I wanted to apologize--"

"Hammy, you gotta stop bein' so hard on yourself," Mary laughed. "It was a mistake, sure, but you obviously regret it and you're a part of our family. We forgive family pretty easy." 

"But your mom. . ."

"Isn't a part of the family," Jane finished, leaving no room for argument. 

"Yeah! You were supposed to be our easy street, so you get a free pass. But next time, it'll take more than some smoothies to make for it. Got that?" Mary pointed an accusing finger at Alex, who nodded quickly. 

"Loud and clear." 

Mary smiled and went back to the episode, occasionally joining Jane in arguing with whatever someone was saying. Eventually, Dr. Phil turned into Maury, Maury turned into Steve Wilkos and the day was mostly wasted with those types of shows. 

Until Thomas showed up, only poking his head inside to tell Alex that they were going to Eliza's. Hamilton agreed, saying one last sorry to the Jefferson sisters and joining Thomas in the car. 

Once they got there, Eliza pulled Alex into the kitchen while Thomas went to keep Philip, Georges, and Theodosia occupied. 

"I need you to talk to her," Eliza whispered. 

"Why?"

"It happened." 

It took him a second, but Alexander knew what she was talking about. He looked sympathetically into the living room, where Theodosia was playing excitedly with her friends, but he noticed that every now and again she would lose her enthusiasm and start droop. 

"Just see if you can make her feel at least slightly better? You relate to her the most there," the Schuyler explained. 

Hamilton nodded and went into the living room, calling Theodosia to follow him. They went up the stairs, sitting in Pip's room while the boys played downstairs. The farther away from them they got, the more her feet dragged. 

"So," Alex started softly. "Your mama?"

"Yeah, she had to go," Theo said quietly. "Daddy says she's not hurtin' anymore, and that she's happy now. . ."

"But?"

Suddenly, the little girl burst into tears. "But I didn't wan'er to go! She's supposed ta be here with me and do my hair and sing me songs! And now I don't got anyone to hug on Mama's day!" 

"Hey, come on," Hamilton tried, moving to kneel in front of her. "I know that you wanted your Mama to stay here with you but sometimes people gotta go." 

"But why did she have to? She shoulda wanted to stay and she shoulda wanted to be with me."

"I'm sure your mama wanted to stay with you very much." 

"Then why'd she go?"

"She just had to, that's not your fault, okay? You're  strong, remember? Like a superhero."

"Like a superhero," Theodosia agreed uncertainly.  

Suddenly, Alexander got an idea. He stood up and told Theo to follow him downstairs. They left the room and rejoined the two little boys as they played beat-Thomas-with-foam-bats. Jefferson was pretty relieved to see Alex coming back in with Theo. Before he could sic the boys on his boyfriend, Alex told the kids to sit down so he could tell them a story to help Theodosia feel better. Wanting to do anything to help their friend, the boys did what they were told. Thomas went into the kitchen, leaving Ham to do his thing. 

Once everyone was sitting down, Alex started on a story about a soldier working through the war. The very same one that he would hear as a child whenever something went wrong. The only differences were that he added in his mom and Peter as obstacles and he looked at the little girl when the soldier's mother passed. She looked excitedly to be similar to a hero.

The story turned into a bedtime story, though, and the playdate turned into a sleepover, which all the parents were okay with. The grownups each grabbed a kid and moved them all to Philip's room since Alex and Thomas decided to spend the night as well. 

While Jefferson talked to Eliza before she went to her room for the night, Alex stood outside on the porch, looking into the trees behind the house like he was waiting for someone to come out. He didn't know exactly who he was waiting for. Maybe Laurens maybe King, or maybe Adams since that's who had to thank for letting him escape. Really, it was his stupidity that Hamilton could thank. 

Adams had a 'game' that he would play whenever King wasn't around. He would let Alex out into the surrounding woods to run, but it wasn't without a catch. Adams would turn Hamilton's running into his own personal sport where he'd chase the running man down. A few time, Ham would get so close to being free that he wouldn't get another chance for months. But Adams always let him out again until finally, he escaped. 

He escaped without a plan, though, so for a little while he was homeless and lost. Some nice hair stylists helped him out, though. They let him stay in the apartment on the floor above the shop until he found Thomas. Alexander thought it was risky, but he wasn't going to turn it down. . . Not when he was finally out. 

He really needed to find them again for a thank you. 

His mind wandered from the woods to the story that he told the kids. The story that his mom would tell him. That sparked an old nostalgia that he hadn't felt in a while. The feelings went way back to Nevis, to the first time he remembered her telling it. He didn't necessarily want that back, though, he just wanted to her saying it because every time she did, she'd say that she was proud of what he'd done. 

"You wouldn't be very proud now," he muttered to himself. 

"Who wouldn't?" 

Alex jumped as Thomas wrapped his arms around him from behind. 

Ham didn't really see a point in lying so he said, "My mom." 

"I think she'd be proud of you," Jefferson hummed, resting his chin on Alexander's shoulder. 

"I don't think she would. I'm not doing anything worth being proud of."

"Mm, yes you are," Thomas replied. "You're alive, that's something. And you can handle yourself in most situations. You aren't letting the things that've happened to you consume you. . ." He trailed off like there was more to name but there was just so many. 

"Staying alive is only impressive to you considering what's happened and I can barely handle myself."

"Darlin' staying alive, in general, is hard. Honestly, anyone still alive right now deserves some credit. And so what if you need help sometimes, that's fine, people deserve the help they need."

"But--"

"No."

"Thomas--"

"Nope."

"If you would just--"

"Stop." Thomas lifted his head and kissed Alex's cheek. "You aren't arguing this one. She'd be proud of you and that's that. Now come on, I'm tired."

Alexander sighed and went back inside with Jefferson. They set up a blanket bed on the floor and got comfortable with each other, reminding Hamilton even more of when he first got back. 

"Hey, Tommy?" he said, closing his eyes. 

"Hm?"

"I love you."

"I love you too," Thomas yawned. "Now shut up so we can get some sleep before the kids wake us up at the crack of dawn."

Alexander smiled to himself and fell asleep thinking about his mom, Laurens, and Peter and whether or not they'd be proud of what he'd accomplished since they left. 

He decided that they would.

Fortsätt läs

Du kommer också att gilla

48.5K 1.4K 40
Art edited by: Me Okay so this is my first story and I'm terrible at descriptions so I'm not gonna be good and writing descriptions so yeah maybe on...
Adore Av ☾

Historiska romaner

108K 4.9K 43
|| COMPLETE || Thomas Jefferson came home from France to work for none other than your father. Will your love last through all the ups and downs? Wh...
12K 313 12
TRIGGER WARNING: Depression, thoughts of suicide, anxiety, and self harm. Alex has been in a state of depression for as long as he can remember. The...
173 4 11
Thomas Jefferson, A man almost made of money. How did he earn that money? He didn't. Others worked for him and made it. Of course what he and the oth...