Magi: Lost in Time

By AthanasiaKashimashi

Previously known as Magi: Cinderella's Spell Escapade 1: The Adventures of Sinbad Yrif Kingdom was a prospero... More

Prologue - They Met
Escapade 1
Scroll 1: Tison Village
Scroll 2: Napolia, Reim
Scroll 3: Truth, Stars
Scroll 4: Sinbad and Thais
Scroll 5: Sasan and Artemyra
Scroll 6: Pervert and Her Conviction
Scroll 7: Impending Doom
Scroll 8: Sinbad's Mistake
Scroll 9: Epiphany
Scroll 10: Strange
Scroll 11: Heliophat
Scroll 12: Unnerved
Scroll 13: Resolution
Scroll 14: Showdown
Scroll 15: Toran and Judal
Scroll 16: Parthevia
Scroll 17: Shadows Within
Scroll 18: Selendine's Will
Scroll 19: Captive
Scroll 20: Dirtied
Scroll 21: Farewell
Escapade 2
Scroll 1: Alibaba
Scroll 2: Niel
Scroll 3: Gamori
Scroll 4: In the Meantime
Scroll 5: Marbas
Scroll 6: Kouen and Thais
Scroll 7: Balbadd
Scroll 8: She
Scroll 9: End
Scroll 10: Arjwani
Scroll 11: Peril in Paradise
Scroll 12: Progress
Scroll 13: Explanation
Scroll 14: Light in the Darkness
Scroll 15: Precious
Scroll 16: Towards Sindria
Scroll 17: Darkness
Scroll 18: Pain
Scroll 19: Real
Scroll 20: In order
Escapade 3
Scroll 1: Battle of Destiny
Scroll 2: Magic Academy
Scroll 3: Reim
Scroll 4: Morgiana and Kaein
Scroll 5: Luna and Al-Thamen
Scroll 6: In Between
Scroll 7: Sky
Scroll 8: Countdown
Scroll 9: Resound
Scroll 11: She Comes
Scroll 12: Vessels
Scroll 13: Warriors
Scroll 14: He comes
Scroll 15: Wish
Scroll 16: Invitation and Feud
Scroll 17: Play Your Cards Right
Scroll 18: Signs and Past
Scroll 19: Solomon and Demeus
Scroll 20: Broken Time
Scroll 21: Broken Mirror
Scroll 22: Future that Awaits Us
Scroll 23: Comfort
Scroll 24: Internal
Scroll 25: Hope
Scroll 26: Akil
Escapade 4
Scroll 1: According to Plan
Scroll 2: Sun and Rain
Scroll 3: New Light
Scroll 4: Responsibility
Scroll 5: Irony
Scroll 6: Tower of Feelings
Scroll 7: Ray
Scroll 8: Forgiven
Scroll 9: Rose Garden
Scroll 10: Losing It
Scroll 11: Dungeons and Akil
Scroll 12: Solution
Scroll 13: That Hope
Scroll 14: Shards
Scroll 15: Wishes
Epilogue
Character Profile
Bonus Scroll: Maharagan

Scroll 10: Reim versus Magnostadt

392 9 0
By AthanasiaKashimashi

Northern Mountains
Thais' POV

"You've got to be kidding me! Why the hell is it snowing!?" I grumbled as we made our way towards the red head king. The dead stick I had in my hand was ready to crumble into pieces. Daw chuckled as he saw my struggle and I swear that I will kick the hell out of him.

"Milady, we should be approaching King Neil's kingdom." He reported.

"How long?" I asked. He smiled at me and replied that we will reach it in about 3 hours. I gave him a deadpan stare before leaving him to freeze. I was in no mood to joke around.

Magnostadt

Reim Empire, the supreme ruler of the western continent, was established 730 years ago by the Emperor Remus and under the rule of Emperor Perdinaus. Two hundred elven years ago, it reached its maximum expansion. Years after, the Parthevia Empire rose and opposed Reim. They were, however, forced to yield some parts of its territory. Right now, Reim's soldiers and their countless spears were blocked by an invisible and thin protective wall made of magic.

"Guah!" One of the soldiers shouted in pain. The barrier did not budge even one bit at their simultaneous attack. A magician in the front row exited the barrier and released a strong magic that blew about 10 soldiers away from the said place. The Magnostadt soldiers praised and thanked their esteemed magician before gaining courage to attack full force. The Reim Empire was not fazed. However, they knew that they have to do something to bring them to their knees.

"What the hell is that?" A magician exclaimed as hot air balloons surged through the air. There were hundreds of them and for sure, they were carrying something destructive. The soldiers of Reim brought down their secret weapons and it hit the barrier pretty hard. The damage was almost similar to a destructive magic and the magicians were fazed. Many exclaimed that it was some type of magic, but Scheherazade voiced out that it was not that. A year ago, the people of Reim experimented on the plants and minerals they have in their country. They tested whether they would be able to help in wars or alleviate disease in their land.

"Gunpowder?" Scheherazade asked.

"Yes. In order to be prepared for the fight in the near future against the Kou Empire and Magnostadt, we continued to research and finally, our research bore fruit. By using saltpeter, Sulphur, and iron vitriol, we can create heat and explosion that is normally not present in nature. It is somewhat similar to an aberrant magic. Probably, no country has ever developed something like this." A researcher of Reim boasted. Scheherazade smiled at their efforts. Reim was learning to stand on their own. Ignatius was surprised by Lady Scheherazade's story and praised her for her brilliance. She simply denied it.

"It was not I whom you should be amazed, Ignatius. It was Reim's people who developed this. Why isn't Reim waging war with more metal vessels and further developing its country like Kou and Magnostadt? Simply because they must walk on their own feet. I don't want them to rely on magic which could render them too dependent and useless when the time comes where magic will eventually die."

Lady Scheherazade and Ignatius watched their country's men slowly destroy the magicians' barrier. Cracks formed on the damaged areas and Matal Mogamett was struck by their competence. The magi of Reim spoke softly as she told Mogamett that people can live by themselves. Even if the magicians were to disappear, it did not mean that the others would just die off. No, slowly, they will learn how to manage themselves. The lady believed that every man must learn for themselves. They may create mistakes, get hurt, and even stop for a while, but she believed that they will move forward.

"With their own strength, with their own legs, the sum of individualities that believe in themselves. The assembly of people who incessantly improve themselves. That is the Reim Empire!" A loud crack and breaking of the barrier resounded throughout the battlefield and many rejoiced at their efforts. The soldiers regained their feet and marched towards their enemies.

"Lord Mogamett, I pity the people of your country. They leave everything to magicians. They are always being protected and kept alive until their death comes. They don't have self-confidence. They only depend on others and refused to fight by themselves." True to her words, many soldiers of Magnostadt begged the magicians in the front row.

"Esteemed magicians, help us! What should we do?!" Their pleading tone created a filthy ache on some of the magicians in the field. Inside, the people still held on their faith. They knew that they will be saved one way or another. Matal Mogamett let out a sigh and smirked.

"We are the magicians of this country. We will not lose and we will certainly defeat that power of yours."

Aladdin's POV

The war continued and many were already delivered to the infirmary for them to be healed or be buried. I stared at the instructors in front of me. Suddenly, I heard an old man cry out in pain and blood was already pouring out of his mouth. My hands shook slightly as I tried to ask him if he was in great pain. He simply begged me not to leave Magnostadt. It pained me as it reminded me of that place. The place where light once resided, but was washed away by darkness that grew inside.

Khamisa sat down beside me and put the man to rest. She had no healing magic, only ones that could destroy a town. It was something she hated and loved at the same time. I turned to Sphintus who was healing another magician. Is this really all there is to it?

"Aladdin, in this war, death is inevitable. We do not have any knowledge whether we'd be of help or not. You told me that you plan to stop the darkness that resides in this academy right? Do you have the strength to do so? I am not telling you that you are weak, but perhaps you have grown to like this place that it started to become difficult to accomplish your mission." She whispered. I was taken aback by such honesty. She was right though. The academy had a lot of friends that I love, but I could not simply let the darkness sweep them away.

"I am not that strong, yes, but I still want to save the people here who believed in this country to prosper. You've told me a month ago that you entered Magnostadt because you want a purpose in your life. Is the academy one of those reason?" I asked. She shook her head no.

"It is something different. I seek for a person, but not now. I'll tell you if we live passed this war. I'll see you later, Aladdin. I have to go and help the other magicians. Please be safe, along with Sphintus." She pecked me on the cheek before dashing out of the room. My eyes casted downwards at the thought of her.

Turning my head to Sphintus, I could feel anger emit from his body. He blamed Reim for everything and I could understand his pain. However, it was not simply Reim at fault. The thought of Titus reminded me of the feeling when I was still stuck inside the room until I met Alibaba and the others. Titus was full of resent and I wanted to help him. I will fight as well.

I flew towards the battlefield where I saw Magnostadt's soldier preventing the entry of Reim by spewing fires from their spears. I was sure that those were magic items created by the academy. It was Professor Irene who led the soldiers and their crazed looks scared me. They were desperate and it will only cause further damage on this damned land. Black rukh fluttered behind me and I turned to see a familiar humongous figure. It was a dark djinn.

The dark djinn seemed to be gathering magoi at its feet. I watched its action only for it to wipe a huge chunk of the enemy's soldiers in the area. This was not a defensive war but a genocide! Burnt bodies littered around and I raced towards its location. The dark djinn was connected to something. It was about to attack Reim and I thought they would be done for, but they were protected by something. There were red hair and shining gold plate, but I had no time to even know. Just then, I felt a familiar presence below. It was Titus. He seemed to be having a difficult time with the red head man.

'Khamisa. Can you hear me?' I thought as I willed the rukh to deliver my message to the mint haired girl. She seemed to have heard my voice and I quickly relayed an important task that I will not be able to do in my state. I learned from Titus that they were the Fanalis Corps. They wanted to get Titus back, but it looked like they did not consider his feelings. I was about to tell them something when Professor Myers descended down.

"It seems like they're swarming on us, Captain." Lo'lo said.

"We will never retreat." Muu smirked. I asked Muu if Miss Scheherazade would stop chasing this country. Muu was not happy with my statement. Their assault continued and I knew that I had to remove the restraints of my magic. Magic flowed around me and I could feel it surge. It filled my body with extreme power and I had to direct it.

Ugos created from sand appeared behind me and I ordered them to use heat magic. Many of them were scared and it pained me to do this, but I had no choice. Not only that, a number of people already died. The Ugos beside me released another attack and I ordered them to go back to their country. Khamisa flew next to me and smiled.

"You really are the fourth magi. I hope I can help you fulfill your mission in this world, Aladdin." She smiled. Khamisa was different from the others and was somebody whom I wanted to trust the most aside from my sister.

"Thank you, Khamisa." She turned back to the battlefield and eliminated the source of dark djinn. She was strong and I believe that she will be one of the people who will stand by me.

3rd POV

Muu was not amused by the fourth magi's statement. He took out his sword and called for his magic.

"Spirit of Hunting and Nobility, I command thee. Clad in my body. Dwell inside. Change my body into the great magus, Barbatos!" Light enveloped his figure and he struck the barrier living a huge hole on it. There appeared Muu in his djinn equip. His body turned darker brown in color and covered in silver metal. His spear was held tightly in his hand and anger laced his face.

"Resume the assault formation, everyone. Now that the captain is using his djinn equip, he is Barbatos himself. He is faster and tougher than anyone out there. It doesn't matter if he has to face a magi or several barriers, he will tear the enemy's lines to pieces. In that instant, we will attack all at once. If we don't act as one, we will waste the captain's efforts. He is risking his life after all."

They were surprised with their claims. Myron confessed that his brother can only hold his equip for 5 minutes because of how low his magoi was. She also told them that it was not necessarily Mogamett that was the threat, but the magi.

"Bard Romh!" He raised his spear to attack Aladdin to which the magi defended with difficulty. The force Muu applied on his attack was something the magi could barely hold. Khamisa wanted to help him, but she too was almost out of magoi. She may be a well-known magician, but it did not mean that she invincible.

"This is the end!"

"Aladdin!" She called. Muu had to do it fast because his magic was at its limit. Just when they thought everything was about to end, a force between them stepped in.

"If the eight pointed star is cut down while someone is using djinn equip, his metal vessel will be broken. Amon's sword is the sword of melting, that's why even Barbatos' sword would probably be sliced off!" A familiar voice muttered. Muu stared at the man in front of him and gave him an annoyed look.

"I didn't think I would be stopped by you. I guess you didn't come here to back me up."

"No. That is Yrif's job not mine. King Leonhart said so." The figure smirked. Aladdin stared at him and his eyes widened at the sight.

"A-Alibaba!"

=END=

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

205K 8.5K 34
~I do not own Magi or any of the characters~ *1st place winner of MagiWA 2017 in Judar category!!* There are only supposed to be three magi per era...
6.5K 251 15
You're a traveling musician, just looking for the finer things in life while doing enjoying the ride and doing something you love: creating music. Of...
42.2K 2K 34
*I do not own Magi or any of it's characters* Several hundred years after the Kou Empire civil war, Al-Thamen is completely defeated. The battle was...
78K 1.7K 17
You are a girl from just a land unknown to humans but the only words you can remember are from your sister. "Protect your brothers as I couldn't, my...