Amidala-Skywalker

By MrsSenatorSkywalker

A one-shot idea that turned into a story. Not regularly updated, but occasionally worked on and uploaded aft... More

Part 1
Part 3
Part 4
Note for You

Part 2

1.1K 19 4
By MrsSenatorSkywalker

"Ahsoka!"

Padmé called through the abandoned lower levels of Coruscant, barely any life forms passing by every so often. It was both comforting and alarming for the senator to be alone in such a remote place; while there weren't many people around, it was also not the place to get into any trouble. Anakin had told her about two parks higher up that she'd frequent whenever they'd get time off and she didn't want to stay in the temple.

"Ahsoka!" She called again, passing by an alley. The senator paused as she got to the next building, hearing soft cries from the next backstreet. "Ahsoka?" Padmé peeked around the corner, seeing a little boot sticking out from behind a dumpster. "Soka, honey, is that you?" She moved to the other side of the dumpster, seeing a very familiar set of head-tails hunched over. "Ahsoka..." She breathed, more than just a little relieved by the sight of her. Ahsoka peeked up, her cyan eyes widening. "Senator... what are you doing down here?" She sniffled, bringing her hands up to wipe off her wet cheeks. "I needed to find you...." Padmé reached forward and brought the former padawan into her embrace. Ahsoka clung to the woman's shoulders, comforted by the familiar presence. "I missed you."

"I missed you too, Ahsoka." Padmé sighed, running a hand over the crown of her head. "I've been so worried... When General Skywalker told me that you'd left on your own, I felt like I had to come find you." She confessed, allowing her husband's former padawan to pull away. "I've been alone for days now. What took you so long if you wanted to come find me?" Ahsoka sniffled, curious as to what made the young woman finally look for her. The brunette in front of her sighed, gently wiping away the tears that had fallen from her once-bright eyes. "When General..." She stopped herself, deciding she didn't need to be so formal with Ahsoka. "When Anakin came by my apartment yesterday, he'd been around Coruscant three times. He apparently had just kept flying around the planet since you left." Padmé bit her lip, knowing the harder part of her explanation. "You know he's one of my closest friends, I'm sure... Well, I let him crash on my couch last night because he was out of fuel - both in his ship and himself. Before I left him to sleep, he told me that he needed to find you and I agreed with him. I know that the Jedi Temple isn't where you want to be anymore... but you don't have to be out by yourself like this."

"What are you saying, Senator?" Ahsoka raised a painted brow, not certain what the senator was proposing. "I wanted to offer you a place with me... as a member of my family." Padmé took one of Ahsoka's hands, holding it between them with one of her own. "Ever since I first met you, you've always been like a daughter to me." She smiled when she felt the alien's grip tighten around her hands. "Perhaps now, if you wanna be... you could."

"What do you mean? I don't understand." Ahsoka confessed, willing her tears to stop falling. "You're barely fifteen now but you're still not old enough to be out on you're own yet... I want to offer you a place in my home."

"As what? Some charity case?" Skywalker's former padawan suddenly became defensive, as if the senator had just insulted her. "No, Ahsoka..." Padmé paused, trying to come up with the right words to say. Both Anakin and she had always seen Ahsoka as if she were their own and both were just as reflectively fierce in their protectiveness of her. "Perhaps... perhaps you'd consider being... my daughter." The Togrutan gasped, a hand flying to her mouth; her human counterpart continued. "I won't force you to anything you don't want to do. I'll help you do whatever you'd like to do - be it pursue an education, go after a career, or nothing at all if you just wanna relax for a while. I'll give you your own space as well as every amenity and necessity you want." Padmé took a deep breath, calming her racing mind. "I can't promise you a normal, quiet life but I can promise you one with love and support."

"What about the Jedi?" Ahsoka finally broke her silence. "What if they try to take me away?" Padmé gave her hands a reassuring squeeze. "I won't let them. You may still see some of them from time to time, but it's mostly just Anakin and Obi-Wan as they come over every once in a while. You don't have to see them if you don't want to; they are my friends though so I'm afraid they won't be going anywhere..." She swore, sharing a soft smile with the girl. "The only thing I will require from you is your permission to adopt you."

"I... I don't know what to say." Ahsoka almost wanted to start crying again. Sure, she'd always liked Padmé and enjoyed her warmth; could they really be a family though? What would her former master think when he found out? Would he feel angry? Betrayed? No, she decided, he'd be happy to see her with Padmé. Anakin always seemed to favor her and it was very clear that he trusted the Nubian with everything her had - despite it being very little. Besides, being Padmé's daughter would mean she still got to see him on occasion. Ever since she'd walked away from him at the temple, their bond through the force seemed to only strengthen. She could feel his pain and by the senator showing up, Ahsoka knew he'd felt her loneliness.

"I..." She finally found her voice, her eyes connecting with Padmé's. "I would be honored to be your daughter." Ahsoka grinned, feeling the woman embrace her joyfully. "Oh, Ahsoka... You've made me the happiest woman on Coruscant." Padmé began to feel giddy, pulling the teenager up to her feet. "Why don't we head over to the court district now and make it official? Then I can take you home... to our home."

"I would love that."

><

"Alright, Miss Tano, sign here... and initial there."

Both Padmé and Ahsoka sat at a desk in the adoption center, a caseworker walking them through all the documented requirements and such. Ahsoka began to grow more excited with every stroke of the pen; she was going to have a mother for the first time in her life... She could barely wait.

"Excellent, that's it for your signatures." The caseworker, a pink twi'lek woman named Nova Keanu, smiled at the teen. "Now, Senator Amidala, I need to go over the legal requirements of this adoption." She flicked the holo-book page over, using her pen as a guideline. "You'll be responsible for providing care for Ahsoka Tano. This includes, but isn't limited to; providing a healthy living environment, daily meals, clean and comfortable clothing, and so on. Initial here if you understand." She paused, allowing Padmé to sign. "In addition to the physical upkeep of caring for the child in question, you'll be required to take her for regular checkups for six weeks after the adoption and records of the visits will need to be sent to us. She'll also be interviewed by a transition counselor from our center once every two weeks for the next six weeks."

"Do I have to talk to a counselor?" Ahsoka chimed in, drawing both Nova and Padmé's attention to her. "It's part of the Coruscant Adoption Act. It's just a way for us to make sure you're doing well and you've made a good transition to your new home. I'm afraid it's required that we do this but don't worry, we only ask about ten questions and they go by fast." Padmé reached over and grabbed Ahsoka's hand reassuringly. "It'll be okay, I'll be right there with you." Nova cleared her throat, adjusting her position behind the desk. "Actually, the counselor will be in a solo session with Miss Ahsoka. In order to make sure her answers are only her own, you won't be allowed in the room whenever they have their sessions. We've had past adoptive parents in the sessions who've caused problems so now, everyone is kept out of them... Shall we continue?"

Both women nodded silently, waiting for the caseworker to continue. "Alright, so... We just need to sign off on the last page." Nova looked up at them, her painted-on brows raised in question. "Who'll be signing off as the father?" Padmé looked over at Ahsoka in confusion. "It's just myself that's adopting Ahsoka." The caseworker frowned sympathetically. "I'm sorry, Senator, but we require two primary caretakers to sign the adoption form. It's to ensure that the child will always have at least one person to take care of them if something happens to the other. It's all about the Adoption Act..."

"Now hold on a minute." Padmé cut her off, her irritation hidden well behind her soft tongue. "I'm sure you're more than well aware of who I am." She began, beginning to calming stare down the twi'lek. "I have more than enough wealth to support Ahsoka ten fold over. I have the resources to provide the adequate care for her as well as a constant security team monitoring my home. I'm one of the most-"

"Ma'am, I know very well who you are." Nova interrupted, slightly aggressive with her abrupt statement. "No matter if you're a smuggler or the Chancellor himself, you're not above the law. A father is required to sign off on every document as well as a mother. Despite your powerful position, I'm afraid the same goes for you..." She trailed off, seeing her wall clock chime as the office's hours ended. "Unless you come back in the morning with a father willing to adopt Miss Tano, I'm afraid I'll have to terminate the adoption request and put her in an orphanage." Under her desk, Nova hit a button under the top drawer. "Very well, I understand that I must adhere to the law as does everyone else and I apologize for my thinking otherwise. We'll be back in the morning..." Padmé stood, putting an arm around Ahsoka's shoulders.

"Actually, she'll be staying with us for the night. You're not her legal guardian and in the eyes of the law, she's an orphan from the streets." As the caseworker stood up, two security guards entered the room and approached the Togrutan. "She'll be resting comfortably with us for the night. I bid you a good evening, senator." Nova sounded a little smug but Padmé ignored her, bringing Ahsoka into a tight embrace. "I'll be back in the morning to come get you... I promise to take you home tomorrow."

Ahsoka bit her tongue to keep herself from crying, devastated to be left with strangers rather than going home. "Goodnight, Padmé." The Naboo smiled softly, pressing her lips to the top of her forehead. "Goodnight, Soka." With a heavy heart, Padmé left the office - and her daughter - behind.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

217K 5.1K 52
⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ જ⁀➴ 𝐅𝐄𝐄𝐋𝐒 𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄 .ᐟ ❛ & i need you sometimes, we'll be alright. ❜ IN WHICH; kate martin's crush on the basketball photographer is...
626K 9.7K 65
ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ 𝗔𝗱𝗱𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘄𝗿𝗼𝗻𝗴 𝗻𝘂𝗺𝗯𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝗼 𝗮 𝗴𝗿𝗼𝘂𝗽𝗰𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗶𝘀 𝗲𝗮𝘀𝗶𝗹𝘆 𝗱𝗼𝗻𝗲 𝗻𝗼 𝗺𝗮𝘁𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗵𝗼𝘄 𝗳𝗮𝗺𝗼𝘂𝘀 𝘆𝗼�...
1M 17.6K 43
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...
172K 7.6K 23
Where Lewis Hamilton goes to a cafe after a hard year and is intrigued when the owner doesn't recognise him. "Who's Hamilton?" Luca says from the ba...