Unraveling

By maxine247

America is the world's number one superpower. We all know that. And to be a superpower, you gotta have a stro... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
A/N: 10k
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40

Chapter 5

12.1K 302 416
By maxine247

"Where are we going?" America whispered to Argentina, arms around his older cousin. He'd been having a bad feeling ever since he woke up. Everyone was giving him strange looks and sad eyes.

Why does everyone feel pity for him?
Why isn't everyone angry?

Maybe they are angry at him.
Maybe they're acting and pretending to be nice to him.
They might stab him in the back as soon as they reached where ever they were taking him.

But can he blame them?

After all he is a horrible person. Maybe he deserved all of it?

He don't deserve their love.

Still America feared what to come, after all they're his family they've been with him since...forever. He burned out his usefulness and needed to be cleared out. Argentina patted his head once again. Alfred looked down at his hands, they were shaking but he can't help it. He's scared. He's very scared.

Just like they predicted. America condition was worse just as they were driving to his southern home.

No matter how much they comforted him and promised nothing bad the nation still shook like a leaf, and from the way his eyes darted from one road to another like he wanted to-

"Alfred no!" Ecuador exclaimed grabbing the running blond by the collar.

"No!" America cried out as he tries to wiggle his way out. He hated it when people hurt him but it hurt way more when he knew his family hurt him. He don't want to feel that pain. He planned on going to the city, find a bank and move to Hawaii. He planned on Alaska first but that's right next to Matt's land. Even when his older cousin pulled his arm and tried to pull him into a hug, he still tried to escape. He needed to leave. He needed to leave now. He kicked and screamed and did anything he could but it didn't work.

"Alfred stop now!"

Alfred stopped, fearful eyes staring at his older cousin. He just got yelled at. The names are going to come next. He closed his eyes waiting for the horrible words but it never came.

Ecuador immediately lowered his voice. He forgot his cousin was terrified of yelling, loud noises, and people raising their voices, "I'm sorry Alfie, just- just..... relax, okay?"

No, they were gonna do something. He knew it, he just knew it. This place was way to small.... Oh no.

What if they wanted to hit him or something?

No, no, no.

"Where are we going?" He whispered.

Everyone looked at each other. Should they tell him?

If they did, how would be react.

They didn't before and look at what that did.

Alfred was scared, they weren't gonna tell him were they? What if they were going somewhere bad.

"It's a surprise Al," Canada said.

"Oh...... a good surprise?" He whispered again. He flinched a bit as Argentina pulled him back but kept his eyes on Canada.

By good surprise, if getting him better counted, then yeah.

"Uhhh... yeah."

America slightly nodded and then started to stare out the window.

This wasn't right, it just wasn't. Usually Alfred would be cracking jokes here and there and making everyone laugh. But now he was shaking and quiet, it wasn't even a comfortable silence.

As America looked out the window. He started to think about something.

Was he good enough?

He didn't deserve these people. He had, had wars with his siblings in the past and yet they still forgave him. He didn't deserve them.

He had caused his family's economics to fail during the Great Depression.

He didn't deserve them.

He had been so close to ending his life in the hallway, but Diego had stopped him.

Why? It would of been a favor for the world.

Yeah, maybe everyone would dance on his grave.

Maybe it wasn't too late.

As he was thinking, he didn't realize that he was digging his nails into his skin causing it to bleed.

Argentina did and grabbed his hands, "Al stop it," He said firmly but gently.

Everyone else expect Canada , who was driving,  looked and gasped.

Maria quickly grabbed napkins from the front compartment and threw them in the back to Diego who gave them to Ecuador who started to clean up the blood.

Maria, who was watching, sighed and looked at Canada. "What if this doesn't work, Mattie?"

He quickly glanced at her before turning back to the road, "Stay positive Mar," He grabbed her hand, "It will work."

Maria sighed and nodded, "I hope."

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

"Why are we in Texas?" America asked as Canada parked in the driveway.

He had noticed that they were here awhile ago but decided not to ask till they got to their destination.

"We just wanted to visited down here since it's been so long," Maria lied.

"Are Texas, Dallas, and Houston here?" He asked wanting to see his younger brothers a bit.

"Uhh, no," Argentina said, he noticed Alfred's disappointment, "But maybe we can call for them to come over," He quickly added.

America nodded and followed everyone else, who were getting out the car.

It had been awhile since he'd been here. This wasn't his only house in Texas, but most of them were the cities while this was in the country.

As he started to walk into house, Maria called his name, "Actually Alfie, we're not going in there."

He looked confused, "Why not?"

"Let's stay outside for awhile," Ecuador said.

"Okay?" America said walking towards them.

He didn't know it, but to help him heal mentally, his family was gonna have an intervention outside.

Thankfully, it was a nice day.

He followed his family to the backyard and sat down with them.

They sat in silence for awhile as the wind blew around.

"So Al," Argentina started, "You know we love you, right?"

America thought about it.

Did they really?

They couldn't have........ I mean seriously, he was so annoying.... And fat..... and dumb..... and caused so many problems.....

As he was thinking, his family looked concerned.

He wasn't answering them.

"Al?" Argentina asked.

He looked at them, "No, you don't," he whispered.

Oh crap, by the way they were looking at him, that was probably the wrong answer....

Were they gonna yell at him?

No!!

Please, please, no.

America's eyes widened, he put his knees up and started to hug himself, "Please don't yell at me," He whimpered.

"Alfie, it's okay," Canada tried calming him down, "We're not gonna yell at you. And yes, we do love you. All of us, Colombia, me, Mar, D, Venezuela, Chile, Peru, Suriname, Ecuador, Brazil, Argentina, Paraguay, Uruguay, Guyana, the states, provinces, cities,  territories, all of us. We love you. Please understand that."

America blinked and stared at Canada, he started to shake his head, "Daddy and Papa said they loved me........ They don't, they lied. They hate me.... They call me annoying, and fat, and selfish.... It's true I am. They lied and so are you guys," He looked down.

Argentina spoke up, "They may have lied up Alfie, but we aren't, we love you. All of us."

America shook his head, "No you are," He whispered, "I know you are, you don't care. I know you don't. Spain and I used to be close too, he was like a dad, but he doesn't care, he insults me too. Russia was my ally during the Civil War, he doesn't care about me either. Prussia said he was my friend back than too, but he doesn't do anything when others insult me, they don't care. Nobody cares....."

They were all in shock at what their cousin/brother just said.

He really thought he was alone in this world.

"Can we go in now?" Alfred asked shyly, afraid that they would get mad.

Maria rushed up in front of him and grabbed his hands, causing him to shake, "Listen to me Alfie, we love you, we care. All of us."

She quickly dropped America's hands which were shaking a bit more violently.

"No you don't," He looked down, "It's my fault you don't. I'm fat and annoying and selfish and an idiot and a dumbas-"

"No you're not!!" Canada yelled, scaring America, "Stop thinking that!!"

Alfred started to take a step back.

Canada didn't notice and stepped forward to him. He pulled his brother into a hug, "Please, please, understand that. We love you Al."

Oh no, he had done something wrong.

He always did.

That's why they were yelling at him.... He made them angry.

He wanted to leave now.

As in right now.

America was so afraid that he started to shake violently and cry, "I'm sorry Mattie, can we go inside now?" He whimpered, "Can we?"

Canada realized that he had yelled had and hugged America. He had scared his brother, "I'm sorry Alfie....." He said sadly, before nodding and pulling back, "Yeah, we can go in."

America quickly rushed away from them and into the house.

Canada sighed, put his head in his hands, shook it, and fell on his knees.

Ecuador came and put a hand on his shoulder, "We're gonna get him better, Kanata, I promise."

He used his native to show that he was serious.

Canada was trying to keep himself from crying, "He thinks he's alone in this world..... he's not."

Brazil came up, "You're right, he's not. He has us, all of us. We're get him through this." He started to help Canada up.

"Those bastards did this to him," Diego said angrily, "They're the reason he thinks of himself like that, they're the reason he's going through this. It's not fair!!"

"It's not D, I know," Argentina said.

They all looked at Maria, who seemed very quiet.

"Mar?" Canada asked, "You okay, baby sis?"

"I- I..... I don't know," She walked into the house.

It was getting dark now, "Let's go in now guys," Ecuador said to his cousins.

They all walked in and sat in silence about what they were gonna do about Alfred.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

America was laying on his bed in tears, nobody cared. Nobody cared about him.

The only person who cared was probably his mother and older Native American siblings who were gone.

He sobbed into his pillow he thought about them.

"Mommy," He cried.

Why couldn't he just be up in limbo with her?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

251K 10.2K 146
This is the Diary of a nation known an the United States Of America. Here you will see a side of him that the others don't. [recent cover change upda...
144K 6.5K 44
*This is the older version-Rewrite will be out soon* Some day, everyone's had those days where it isn't even worth getting out of bed... Well not eve...
39.6K 1.3K 11
It's 2016 and suicide rates are at an all time high in America. They're worse than during the Great Depression. This is having a great affect on Alfr...