Lucky: A Percabeth Story (Old...

By demipotterjay

Percy Jackson is attending Goode High School. Starting off with no friends and as shy boy. But he finds frien... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Note. I beg you to read this.
Chapter 14
hello
NEW VERSION IS UP

Chapter 8

3.7K 140 75
By demipotterjay

When I got home that night, I sat in bed thinking about what went on between Annabeth and I. Truthfully, I'm glad I didn't kiss her. It will ruin everything. If it did not go well, I couldn't hang out with that group anymore, and I would lose Annabeth as a friend. I did not want to kiss her, either. I can't see us like that, like Luke and Thalia. That is one thing that does not seem like it is going to happen. Hopefully tomorrow it will not be awkward between us.

~

I walk into Mrs. Mason's classroom that morning, afraid to face Annabeth. I see Annabeth and Thalia sitting in the corner of the room, leaning in together, talking about something. You know how girls always get really close when they are talking about something serious? That's what is happening now. I am unsure on if I should approach them or not. If I was right, Annabeth was telling Thalia of last night. They are best friends, and girls, they tell each other everything.

Okay, I am going to do it. I am going over there. They have not noticed me yet. I mean, I am stelth. About ten feet away from them, before I could hear what they are talking about, Thalia sees me over Annabeth's shoulder, her eyes widening, shouting, "Percy!" Annabeth immeditatly turns giving me a smile. "Hey Perc." I walk to them, and wave.

"What are you talking about?" Not like they would tell me.

Thalia and Annabeth share a look before Thalia shrugs her shoulders, "Girl stuff. You wouldn't want to know."

I nod and take a seat next to Annabeth, and give her a quick smile before taking my books out for class.

~

I catch up with Annabeth after class. After Thalia left, Annabeth and I are silent, the tension clear.

1. 2. 3. "Annabeth, can we talk?"

She turns to me, smiling, "Of course, Percy. We are friends." She clearly is emphasizing the 'friends.' Does that mean she wants to be more, or just friends? Maybe she is trying to tell me we are only friends and cannot be more. Or maybe I am going insane and imagining all of this.

"About last night-"

She holds her hand up, cutting me off. "If you want, last night never happened." Is that what I want? Do I want to put everything on the line for this or just forget about that feeling in the pit of my stomach everytime I see her? I should just let it go, shouldn't I? You know this would be a great time for a girlfriend talk. But usually those talks come from dads, and I don't have one (I am not talking to Gabe). We were just in the heat of the moment. I cannot see myself with Annabeth that way. No, I do not want to be a couple with Annabeth.

I look up at Annabeth, shaking my head. "I don't know. Yes. Can we forget about it? It is making my thoughts go crazy and it will be awkward between us, and you are like one of my best friends and I do not want to mess that up."

Annabeth laughs at me, "'One' of your best friends?"

"My best friend." I smile at her.

She gives me a pat on the back, "And don't forget that, Seaweed Brain."

I gave her a look, "Seaweed Brain?"

She smiles at me, "You are stupid and you seem to always smell like salt water."

"Hey!" I think for a minute of a name for her. "I will call you...Wise Girl." That is not very offensive. More of a compliment.

She smiles, clearly happy with it. "Come on, we are going to be late to class."

~

"Percy, how did your day go?"

I nod and grab a soda from the fridge, "Normal."

She gives me on of her 'mom' smiles, "How did it go with Annabeth last night?"

I nearly spit out my soda, snapping my head over to her. "Mom!'

"What?" She asks, acting innocent, holding her arms out.

"Annabeth and I are just friends." I get up and grab my backpack, head to my room. I am trying my hardest to avoid this conversation.

"Just let yourself keep believing that, Perc."

I roll my eyes and continued to walk to my room. I feel my phone buzz in my pocket.

From: Wise Girl

Hey Perc. Want to hang out this weekend? My step-mom has this stupid thing with her company this weekend and I have to go. And bring a 'date.' and I wasn't about to bring Leo so I chose you. I thought we could just go to make fun of all the fancy, rich jerks. So what do you say, Seaweed Brain?

I laugh and quickly compose a reponse.

From: Seaweed Brain

Of course! I am not that bad of a friend to force you to go with Leo (even though that would be hilarious). Just tell me time and place. Can I dress in a suit? ;-)

I wait a coupe minutes for a reply.

From: Wise Girl

Sunday at 5:00 pm. You can meet me at my apartment. And duh! We have to look better than all those jerks.

I laugh aloud.

From: Seaweed Brain

Meet you there. We are going to knock this out of the park.

From: Wise Girl

Totally

Our conversation ends there. I quickly run out to talk to my mom again.

"Mom! Do you happen to have a suit?"

She twists her lips, thinking. "I might have an old one of your fathers in the back of my closet." She quickly runs to her room to rummage through her closet. Not that I would willingly take something of my father's, but this is for Annabeth. My father was a jerk, let me just say that. He left us, never spoke to us again, and now he left most of his stuff here, probably to lazy to get it himself. My mom pulls out a black suit with a green tie.

"Perfect." She shoves the suit into my hands. It smells of old socks. Probably was stuck back there for nearly sixteen years. I quickly try to the suit on, admiring myself in the mirror. It fit perfectly. And I must say, I look great in this suit. I walk out in front of my mom, holding my arms out and spinning in a circle. She holds her hands over her mouth, "You look so handsome. Annabeth is one lucky girl."

I laugh, stepping away. "For the last time! It is not a date. She would just rather not go with Leo."

"And rather go with you." My mother retorts. I roll my eyes and walk back into the bathroom to change.

"Not a date, mom!"

~

I run my hand through my hair, leaning back on the couch. It is 9:00 p.m., and I am home alone because mom had an extra shift tonight at the shop. Annabeth helped me finish my homework earlier over Skype. She had to leave because her step-mom got a promotion at work and their entire family was going out for dinner. She was not excited.

I sit in silence for a few minutes before the door slammed.

I jump up and shoot my head back. Gabe is standing against the door, with a beer bottle held high in his hand. His eyes shoot over to me, filled with anger.

"What are you doing up?"

I point to the clock, my arm shaking. "It is nine o' clock."

He stumbled towards me. "And you shouldn't be up!"

I quickly stand, making my way towards my room. I was still facing Gabe though, afraid to turn my back on him. "I'm going." At first I did not think he was going to do anything, he just stood there, staring at me. But then he lunges forward, swinging the beer bottle towards me. I act on my first instinct, which was to duck. I hear the beer bottle smash on the wall behind me. Fearful, I scramble to my room, quickly getting in and slamming the door behind me.

Okay. I am safe. Just to be sure I lock my door and sit against it. That was a close one. I would probably be unconscious on the floor right now.

I do not know how long I sat against that door, I guess I was just too scared to move. I knew I woke up against it the next morning.

~
[EDITED]

IMPORTANT MESSAGE:

I changed all their ages to 16 and they are in junior year of high school.

Sorry! I had exams all week and now I am headed for Europe tomorrow and had to pack all day. The updates will be a bit slow for the next 2 weeks. I will still update but I only have wifi at night when I'm in the hotel rooms so don't freak out.

Lucy

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.3K 69 12
Photo credit: Viria.TumBlr.com Rated: pg13 Warning: alcohol, language, implied sex Summary: Annabeth is the good girl with good grades doing everyt...
47.2K 850 20
Between each summer of training, each quest, each disappearance, Percy and Annabeth still have to go to school. What happens to the mortals that they...
62.3K 1.3K 13
"She reminded me that the world was a better place." I glanced behind my shoulder and met eyes with the one and only, Annabeth Chase. Percy Jackson...
273K 4.9K 15
Percy is finally going to school with Annabeth which means they get to spend more time together! But when Annabeth meets another boy in school and he...