Unraveling

By maxine247

America is the world's number one superpower. We all know that. And to be a superpower, you gotta have a stro... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
A/N: 10k
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40

Chapter 4

13.4K 351 554
By maxine247

The siblings were upset, if it was up to them they would've grabbed their weapons and painted the meeting room with the blood of anyone who ever insulted their brother.

The insults have been going on for years. No matter how many times they nicely and sometimes angrily told them to shut up they would not listen.

It seemed like these people only understand violence.

The group finally got Alfred to sleep. After a bunch of crying and apologies the nation tired himself out after the events of today. Downstairs North and South America met.

After learning what happened the states and all the other siblings wanted to join the meeting and help plot the revenge but there were plenty of problems with that. The only one who can actually get close to the nations are nations and two, Canada felt that having too many people in the house will scare America to death. If he couldn't handle three then how can he handle more than fifty.

Even though all of South America could not come. Brazil, Ecuador and Argentina came. They were much older than the North Americans. Maybe they had a plan or something of some sort. Even if they act carefree most of the time. When it come to family they will do anything to help.

"Hey Co-" Brazil started to speak but was quickly shushed by Maria. Even though Alfred was upstairs asleep they didn't want to do anything that might wake him up.

Ecuador, quietly stared upstairs to where America was.

What had happened to his cousin?

He looked at the his other, younger cousins in the room. They all looked like they didn't really know what to do. Maria, Diego, and Canada looked a bit stressed out.

He was the oldest, the leader of this family. He had to do something.

"Those bullies did this," He said firmly but quietly, getting their attention, "He can't go to any meetings.... He won't go..... I don't want him making any contact with any of them."

The others agreed and nodded. Getting him away from the people who caused that breakdown, was one of the best things they could do.

Canada sighed and shook his head, "I should have done more."

They all looked at him, "Mattie, what do you mean by that?" Maria asked.

"I'm his twin, his older brother. I'm the oldest of North America, I should be protecting you three, from everything..... including words. I should have done something more than just tell countries to stop teasing Al. I probably could have prevented this," He ran his hands through his hair.

"Hermano," Diego placed a hand on his brother's arm, "It's those bullies fault and Al needs us right now, we're gonna get him through this."

Canada could only nod.

Maria thought back to earlier. Her brother had went through a breakdown for sure. But this wasn't like an emotional breakdown....... Yeah, the way he was acting..... She sighed, the insults her brother was facing had affected him physically before..... and maybe it still was.

But it was also affecting him mentally.

"What are we gonna do?" She asked, "Those insults obviously affected him mentally. So far all we have planned is making sure he has no contact with the other countries expect us."

"Maybe we should take him to America," Diego said.

They all looked at him.

"He might feel more comfortable in his country and more connected with nature."

They were about to ask what he meant till Brazil nodded.

"Yeah, what's that saying or something..... Nature heals the soul?"

Diego nodded, "We should go to one of his bigger states, since there's more land and just in case if the nations start to look for us."

Argentina nodded, "Maybe...... Texas?"

Ecuador nodded, "That should be good."

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

"Are you guys sure this is gonna work?" Venezuela asked on the phone to Maria who was right next to America's room.

She sighed, "I don't know... I just..... I can't believe...... he just doesn't deserve this."

"I know Mar, but we'll get him through this........ Are you guys going to move him to Texas tonight?"

Maria looked at her sleeping brother who still seemed a bit scared even in his sleep, "Yeah, hopefully he won't wake up till we're there."

"Well hopefully, I'm a let you go now. Tell Alfie, I love him."

"I will."

"Later prima." (cousin)

"Bye."

Maria hung up and sighed. This just wasn't right..

Sure her brother had made mistakes in the past, but he had went back and actually tried to correct it, unlike some countries.

She could only hope that this would work. She hated seeing him like this.

It just wasn't right.

"You ready to go?" A voice asked, snapping her out of her thoughts.

She looked to see Argentina.

"Yeah, let's go."

He nodded and put a hand on her shoulder, "He's gonna get through this Mar. We're gonna get him through this."

She nodded. Argentina than walked into America's room and looked at his cousin.

He remembered when they were children playing together. Their parents and older siblings had still been around and the Europeans hadn't colonized them yet.

Everything was so simple back than.

Just why- why couldn't they go back to those days?

He sighed and shook his head before gently lifting Alfred up

His cousin somehow felt himself being picked up in his sleep and started to stirr. He opened his eyes and saw that someone was holding him and started to whimper. He didn't recognize the person holding him.

"Shh, it's okay. Go back to sleep Al, it's me," Argentina gently pat him on the head.

"Tina? What are you doing here? Where are we going?"

Argentina thought about it for a while. Should he tell him?

In this condition, he didn't know how Alfred would react if he said that they were taking him to Texas to get him better.

"Don't worry about it, just go back to sleep. Kay Maska?" He asked using his Native name.

Alfred started at him for a few more minutes before closing his eyes. Argentina felt the younger nation tense up before finally relaxing. "M'kay," He said sleepily.

Argentina waited till he was fully asleep before walking out the room.

He met up with his cousins downstairs and they all started walking out the house together with Kumajiro.

They walked to one of Canada's vans, which was used for only for when there was a family event and drove off to the private airport.

Argentina laid America on his lap. His cousin immediately buried his face into his cousin's chest and clung onto him like his life depended on it.

He just sighed and ran his hands through Alfred's hair. His cousin didn't deserve this at all.

Sure, he had made mistakes in the past.

But he had went back and tried to fix them.

Yes, he could be loud at times.

But he could also be quiet.

Yes, he could act carefree at times.

But he was also responsible and smart.

Was it a crime to love having a good time?

Yes, he ate burgers alot.

But that was only for when he had been in a rush. He could cook a good home cooked meal, you know.

America-

No.

Alfred F. Jones, had only been himself.

And what did he get in return from the other countries?

Well......

The situation he was in right now.

All for being himself....

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.5K 449 10
America always thought he was the hero. That is, until he finally realized he was a nuisance. Now going through depression he just wants to be alone...
144K 6.5K 44
*This is the older version-Rewrite will be out soon* Some day, everyone's had those days where it isn't even worth getting out of bed... Well not eve...
4.3K 148 12
Is the clown the fool of the story, or are you? After all, the clown knows it's an act, but the audience is so lost in it that they tend to forget. ...
15.6K 511 11
America is always smiling and goofy. Every nation knows him as the cocky, hero-wannabe, who contributes very little, and causes many problems. Americ...