Faking Love (Narry)

By hotteas

✔️ Harry Styles and Niall Horan (officially dubbed 'Narry Storan') are Hollywood's hottest couple. Everybody... More

headlines; sneak peek
copyright; disclaimer; author's note
things we did; holding hands
things we did; cuddling on couches
things we did; kissing and telling
things we felt; confusion
things we felt; affection
things we said; i love you
things i said; i'm sorry [fin]

things we felt; jealousy

18.1K 1K 806
By hotteas

@1DUpdates: Narry were last seen leaving Rita Ora's party fighting. Insider says Niall kissed Barbara Palvin.

"I'll have a vanilla soy latte - venti." Grimmy smiles at the somewhat starstruck barista behind the Starbucks counter.

"A-A-Anything else?" She asks, her gray eyes flitting back and forth from myself to Nick.

"A venti Java Chip frapuccino with an extra shot on expresso, please." I tell her, smirking at Nick. "You don't mind paying for me, right?"

"You know, Popstar, one of these days you're going to realize that you don't need to mooch off of everybody else anymore." Nick rolls his eyes, and hands his card over to the barista. She takes it with slightly shaky hands.

My phone goes off in my pocket, and I take it out to see I have a text message from Niall. twitter is goin crazy because you're out with the asshat Reese'll be piiiiiiiissed.

Good. Go hang out with Palvin just to make him extra mad then, I text back. Sighing out of frustration, I put my phone in my pocket and give Nick a look.

"Something the matter?"

"Niall is being ridiculous." I say quietly as we walk down to the other end to pick up our drinks. "We're not even dating, and he treats it like we are."

Grimmy's eyes widen. "You're not actually together, then? But I thought-"

Crap. I wasn't supposed to tell anyone.

"No, we aren't. Management is making us fake a relationship." I halfheartedly explain, then addunder my breath. "Please don't tell anyone."

"I won't, Harry. Don't worry." Nick pulls out his phone with a smile. "Let's annoy the shit out of him, eh?"

My eyebrows scrunch together in confusion. "What do you mean?"

"Instagram." He says, as if one word explains everything. (It does.) I watch him press his screen a few times before he holds up the phone. Out of pure spite toward Niall, I turn my head and kiss Grimmy's cheek. He laughs. "I love it."

He snaps the photo, handing me his phone to pick the filter. I go with a classic black and white and give his phone back. "Write one of your snarky captions."

"I'll just write 'bae' and several dozen eggplants."

I laugh loudly and nod. "That's good. You'll definitely stay out of the papers tomorrow for that one."

"Popstar, you should know by now. My only goal in life is to be in every paper. Sugarscape loves my antics, anyway." Nick jokes, putting his phone away. Another barista calls out our names, and we go to collect our coffees.

"S'why we're friends, yeah?" I ask, sipping my coffee. I start to rethink my choice of a frozen one when I immediately begin to get a brain freeze. I'm so weak when it comes to things like that.

"Obviously. I leech to you and steal your limelight. Pretty soon all the women will be rushing to me instead of you."

"Either way they'll be disappointed. Don't you think?" I joke around, drinking more of my Starbucks as we head back onto the sidewalk.

"Seeing as we both like pecs and slight bulges in the crotch area of jeans, I would say yes."

"Don't discriminate. Some women might have those as well."

Nick scrunches his nose and shakes his head. "Don't think about it."

"Didn't even cross my mind once."

Nick gives me a look and shakes his head. "I can't complain. This is what I get for hanging out with teenagers. Anyway, what'd you get Rita for her birthday?" He changes the topic and sips his hot coffee.

"I bought her some earrings. They're big red crystal looking things. I figured she would like them." I shrug. "You?"

"I got her a few new CDs. She's been complaining about not having any new music."

"Did you give her any Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros music?"

"Unlike you, Harry. Not all of us find our music in the Forrest of Hipster Dwelling." I roll my eyes. He's such a hypocrite. "I obviously got her 5 Seconds of Summer tracks and a few A Great Big World. She's into those kinds of things."

"Really? I never pegged Rita as an A Great Big World fan."

"I know,right?" He motions to me with his hands. "But a month back I was talking about the music I played on my show, and I mentioned playing Say Something once or twice, and she was psycho. Raving about how she was in love with the band, and how I would like their song Everyone Is Gay because it's hilarious. I didn't have the heart to tell her that I've heard it before, and it wasn't exactly my cup of tea. I think that they took a serious issue and totally made fun of it, but I guess that's what you get for American college students."

"I see."

"You know, if you talked a little more it wouldn't seem like I talked so much." He flicks my shoulder, and I laugh.

"I'm sorry. Hey, are we going to walk home? Because we've just passed your car." I point over my shoulder, and Nick makes a strange noise at his mistake.

"Oops."

We both laugh it off and turn around. People gives us dirty looks for walking against the crowd, but we just ignore them. I think a few recognized us, and there were hushed whispers all around, but thankfully? In London, we don't get swarmed as much. Still, we get swarmed often, and it isn't like going back to our home towns where people generally leave us alone, but it's better than, say, Los Angeles. Thankfully, Nick doesn't take his time to get us to his car, and I'm safe in the passenger seat quickly.

"Look at the paps over there." Nick points to the cafe across from where he parked. "Should we smile for the cameras?"

"No, that's quite all right. Let's just get home."

"Oh, shit. Popstar is taking a man who is not his boyfriend home?" Nick gasps, and I chuckle. "This is headliner news. I'm sure of it."

"Stick with me Grimmy, and you'll be in all the headlines." I joke, taking a sip of my coffee.

We drive in comfortable silence all the way back to my house, listening to BBC Radio 1, because Nick believes in 'supporting his livelihood' or summat. When we reach my place, I don't even need to invite him in, as he escapes his car quicker than I do. He would be in my house before me if it were unlocked, but I locked it this morning. (Something I haven't forgotten to do since Niall breaking in a week ago.)

Nick is mumbling to himself, fiddling around in my kitchen and I head into my living room.

"Shit."

"Hey, Boyfriend." Niall greets me from his place on the couch, and I groan in frustration.

"How the hell do you keep getting in here?" I demand to know. Apparently locking your doors isn't doing the job. Perhaps you need fifty locks and a deadbolt or two to keep this Irish arse out.

"Reese sent me a spare key after he heard about our little run-in." He produces a small key from the pocket of his jeans. His grin is worthy of Richard III, and I really want to walk over to him and smother it off.

Death by pillow. What a way to go.

"Hey, Popstar, have you got- oh! Hello good lookin'." Nick walks up from behind me, smiling wide at Niall who only glares.

"Fuck off."

Not for the first time, I wish I had been at the party when they fought. I knew I shouldn't have eaten that dodgy Mexican food that Louis gave me the night before. It ruined everything, including my digestive tract.

Nick clicks his tongue. "That's no way to treat your friends."

"Good thing we aren't friends then, aye?" Niall snaps, standing from his position on the couch. He shoves his hat back onto his head and turns his attention toward me. "Reese wants us to be seen entering the club together. He told me to come over so that we could."

"The party is tonight. It's barely lunchtime."

"My car got towed again. I had to get a ride from Liam, and he was going home to visit his family. I had to come early or else I had to walk across the city, and no thank you. I've already gotten hell from Jarvis, I don't need any more exercise."

I just stare at him. "Get out."

"If you don't mind me asking," Grimmy cuts in, and I just know he's going to make this worse. "When are you just going to screw each other to get all this pent up sexual frustration out? Because I think it needs to be soon."

"You're no help at all." I throw my empty Starbucks cup at him, and he catches it with a laugh.

"Well I should probably go before I'm beaten up. I'll see you lovebirds tonight." Nick smirks again, and sees himself out of my house.

"He's proper annoying."

"Just a bit." I agree. "But not as annoying as you are. Seriously," I begin to pick up around the living room while I speak. "Why are you here so early?"

"I already told you." He gives me a confused look, and I roll my eyes.

"Didn't I tell you to go hang out with Palvin?"

"Since when do I listen to what you tell me, Harry?" Niall snorts. "Barbara is going to be at Rita's party tonight with Cara and her girlfriend. I'll see her then."

With no argument, I just ignore him. He gets the hint and pulls out his phone to play on it.

The entire day goes like that. Niall plays on his phone, I clean around my house. At one point, I order Chinese food. (Without asking Niall if it's what he wanted. Why would I do that?) About an hour or so before the party, I head upstairs to get ready.

It dawns on me that Niall didn't have clothes with him to change into. I've no clue what he plans to do, but it's hardly my problem. I pull out a pair of jeans and one of my old band shirts. I could dress up, but something tells me that I would be an odd man out. I'll do my hair at least, but putting on a fancy shirt? Nah, I'm not doing that. No point putting in effort where effort is not needed.

I've just finished changing when there's a knock at my door. I turn to see Niall standing in the doorway, leaning against the the side. "Hey."

"What do you want?" I ask, grabbing my cologne off the dresser. I spray myself twice.

"Was bored. Figured, what the hell. I might as well come up here and bug you. May I?" He points to my unmade bed, and I shrug. He takes a few steps and proceeds to jump onto my black comforter. I roll my eyes as he rolls around to get comfortable.

"Is that all you wanted?"

"You've got no food in your kitchen. I didn't eat lunch, and I'm starving." He complains, grabbing a pillow and stuffing it under his head. He looks rather warm and relaxed on my bed- a stark difference to my stressed out self.

"I don't know what to tell you. The party is in an hour. Rita will have food."

"Louis said that you have a hidden stash of Kit-Kat bars somewhere in this room. Is that true?"

I turn to face him. "No."

"Liar."

"Those are my candy bars that I rightfully bought." I'm not sharing, and I'm not going to tell him that those Kit-Kat bars are in a fridge, hidden within my closet. (Desperate times call for desperate measures.)

"Where are they?"

"Like hell I'm going to tell you!"

"Come on, Boo." He whines, calling me the ridiculous pet name he's taken to over the last week.

I groan I frustration and come to a conclusion. This boy is more stubborn than Gemma riding atop a Bull being led down the grand crayon by Louis. "If you go out into the hall, I'll grab you one."

Niall hops up happily and rushes to my bedroom door. "Thanks, Boo. I owe you one."

"Just stop calling me Boo, and we're even." I call as I shut the door behind him. I walk quickly to my closet, in fear that Niall will sneak back in and watch me get the candy. I can't have him knowing where they are. He'll eat them all.

"No can do. You're Boo forever and always now that I know it pisses you off." Niall calls from the hallway, and I debate putting the Kit-Kat back.

"I hate you."

"So I'm told."

Opening the door for him, I throw the candy bar at his face. He laughs and catches it, walking back into my bedroom. I grab my watch, wallet and phone from the top of my dresser and turn to look at Niall, who is once again sprawled out on my bed. This time, happily munching on delicious chocolate.

"Ready to go?"

"So soon?" He asks.

"It's dinner time. Midtown traffic is going to be hellish."

"Oh, yeah. All right." Niall stands and crumbles the red wrapper in his hands. "What car are we taking?"

I sigh. "You can decide."

He looks at me with wide eyes, and I state expectantly. "The motorcycle."

"Really?"

"Please?"

"Sure, whatever." I nod, and we both head back downstairs. Niall does that thing with his hands where they make that clicking beat. He snaps his fingers and claps his hands together, and it's annoying, but I hold my tongue because I have to deal with him all night. "You're lucky I bought an extra helmet."

"Luck of the Irish."

"Don't even start."

"What?" Niall asks innocently, and I just give him a look. He laughs and pushes ahead of me. "I've wanted to ride your motorcycle since you bought it."

"That's good to know." I ignore the opportunity for making an inappropriate joke. If Liam had said it, I would have immediately spoken up. Ride my motorcycle? Honestly, Niall?

I had him the helmet and put on my own. He takes it and pushes it over his hair. "Lou is going to be upset if she sees our helmet hair making an appearance at a party." Niall laughs again.

"She can deal with it. It's not the first time we've been fashion disaster." I swing my leg over the motorcycle. "Hop on and hold on, but Niall, I swear to God. If you tickle me, I'm going to make sure you fall off halfway to Rita's party."

"I'm not gonna tickle you, Boo."

"Stop with the Boo thing."

"Nope."

I walk the bike a few feet down the drive, and then we're off. Niall keeps to his word and doesn't tickle me. He clutches to my jacket on a few turns, but other than that, he's fairly obedient, and we don't have any near death experiences.

I estimated the time correctly, and we arrive at the club Nick rented out at the correct time. It's Rita's favorite hangout, and Nick told me that she thinks she's meeting him here for a one-on-one celebration. Although, in actuality, he invited the boys and I, our girlfriends, all the girls from Radio 1, Finchy, Katy Perry, and tons of other famous friends of Rita's. Her family wasn't invited, because they had a party early today and all of her friends that could make it are...well...famous.

"Where are we parking?"

"Nick said out back. Wherever that is."

"I'm just spitballing here, but I believe it's on the back of the building."

"Shut up. I meant where you turn in, oh, found it." I turn the motorcycle and Niall holds my middle tightly.

It doesn't take long to park and shove my keys into my pocket. Niall hooks the strap around the helmets, and I hand him the lock so that no one will steal them.

"Is it everything you hoped for and more?" I ask him teasingly.

"Definitely. You smell nice, Boo." He says, and I swallow. Compliments from Niall are not something I'm accustom to. "Let's hurry and get inside before Ritz comes."

"She's more my friend than yours. How'come you get a nickname for her, and I don't?" I hold open the door for him. He nods his head in thanks, shoving his hands in his pockets.

"You're just not as good with the ladies as I am, mate."

I snort. "Oh, yes. That's definitely it."

"Harry! Niall!" Nick shouts from across the quiet space. It's so odd walking through a silent club, when no music is playing, and everyone is talking amongst themselves and not shouting to be heard. Well, except Grimmy. "Good to see you lovebirds again."

"Hey Grimmy." I greet him.

"Do you have your presents?"

"I've got mine." I grab the small earring box from my jacket pocket. "There you are."

"Perfect. You're perfect, Popstar." Grimmy takes it with a smile. "Niall?"

He hands Nick an envelope that I hadn't realized he was holding. "Here you go."

"You're lovely as well, Niall. You've got a right arse, anyway. That's something Harry can't say." Grimmy teases us both simultaneously, and I notice the tips of Niall's ears beginning to glow bright red. "Car-Bear and Barbie are over there. Go help them blow up balloons, yeah?"

"On it Grimmy. When is Rita supposed to be here?"

"In an hour. Only balloons are left and waiting for everyone, of course."

"All right."

Niall has already made his way over to the two models by the time I reach the table.

"Hello Harry." Cara smiles at me, and I wave.

"Hey babe. How've you been?"

"Wonderful. Got a spread in Vogue again, and girlfriend's perfect as ever." She smiles even wider.

"And how are you Barbara?" I turn to Niall's ex-girlfriend who is currently making goo-goo eyes at the bottle blonde. "Barbara?"

"Oh, sorry, what?" Her accent is heavy, and not for the first time, I wonder how her and Niall can even understand each other, what with both of their accents being so thick.

"How have you been?"

"Great, great! Victoria's Secret has asked me back for their next collection."

"Are you an Angel again?" Niall asks, interested.

"No, no. Just an extra model for the new collection."

"Oh."

"We were told to help you blow up balloons." Niall interjects, making the awkward silence disappear.

"Of course they send the gay couple to help blow things." Cara jokes around, and I notice Barbara stiffen slightly.

"Look at all of us. A bunch of homosexuals. Oh, and Barbara." I smirk at her. It's not that I dislike her, but there is something about tonight that is making me highly suspect of the pretty brunette.

"Harry!" Louis' voice rings out, and I turn around to see him up on the balcony, holding hands with Eleanor.

"Hey Lou."

"Can you come here a minute?" He asks, and I nod, heading to the stairs, thankful for the excuse to leave the awkwardness.

"Yes?"

"Nothing I was just bored, and we didn't want to help with balloons. Grimmy tried to recruit us, but we ran away." Louis chuckles, and I roll my eyes.

"Idiot. Hello Eleanor."

"Hello Harry."

"How do you put up with him?" I ask her, leaving back on the railing.

She wraps her arms around his waist and grins like the Cheshire Cat. "It pays really well."

"I only spoil you, because I love you."

"I am not complaining, Lou. I am not complaining."

I relax and watch them banter back and forth for the remainder of the hour. Time flies quickly, and the next thing I know we're all shouting surprise to the beautiful Rita, who almost cries she's so happy. Once the birthday girl arrived, I took that as my cue to have a drink or two or seven.

Rita and I dance a bit. Grimmy and I dance a bit. Louis and I dance a bit. Cara and I dance a bit. Katy and I flirt a bit. Zayn, Perrie, and I dance a bit. And Niall? I avoid him like the plague.

Now, I'm seated at the bar watching him wrap his arms around Palvin, dancing along to the beat of Rita's new song I Will Never Let You Down. I don't mean to stare, but I must be doing just that, because I feel a hot breath on my neck as someone whispers in my ear.

"Jealousy looks good on you."

"I'm not jealous." I turn to look at Cara, who is smirking.

"They haven't left each other's side all night. To the blind eye, it appears as though those two are dating, and you're just an unrequited lover."

"You're not helping anything."

"Neither is them kissing." Cara points over my shoulder, and I turn around.

Sure enough, there stand Niall and Barbara in the middle of the dance floor, Niall shoving his tongue down her throat and she gladly taking it. Of course she would. I hear Cara leave behind me, and a slow, worrisome feeling creeps into the pit of my stomach. Even without Cara's profiling moments ago, I would have been able to label that feeling easily.

Jealousy.

In the next moments, I do something I probably would not have if it weren't for the five drinks I've had. Walking right up to the snogging couple, I tap Niall on the shoulder. He jumps, letting go of the ditzy model and turns to look at me. The minute he realizes it's me, his eyes widen.

I'm feeling an awful lot like a jackass as I smirk ruefully. "Cheater."

His eyes flash in annoyance. "You know what? Fuck this. I hate this. You know we're not actually together. You know that I'm straight. Why can't I just-"

I cut him off with the one thing that I know will piss him off the most.

I kiss him.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.2K 605 25
Niall Horan is an extremely popular singer known all across the world! Harry Styles is a simple small town boy who happens to secretly be in love wit...
432K 19.5K 24
"Hi Harry Styles. Is that your real name, or is it actually Harold?" "It's just Harry." "Ok. Is that your favorite band?" "Yeah, it is actually." ...
155K 2.5K 28
When two boys go on their senior trip everything changes for them. Niall Horan and Harry Styles never expected to fall in love with each other, but t...
1.5M 44.1K 66
Harry Styles is the 'Ladies man' of the world famous boy band One Direction, except nobody knows that it's not the ladies he's interested in. It's hi...