Glitch

By RoyalKirin

In a dull world of obligations and the slow grind of working to earn just enough to survive some escape to th... More

chapter 1
Chapter 3

chapter 2

17 1 0
By RoyalKirin

Salvation ran through the tutorial killing the basic monsters and doing little run around quests designed to get the player familiar with the controls as she ran she swept past someone who obviously hasn't played games much.
She ran to the class station, oh all the options.

the red haired woman looked through all the classes available, they had a whole team working just on the classes and their skills, there were close combat classes long ranged classes, healers buffing classes, unclassed who can use some of the skills of other classes however they lose usefulness at a certain level pretty much forcing the player to eventually pick a class.

Salvation didn't approve of that however she understood the disadvantage that everyone else would be at if the unspecialized players weren't regulated.

Salvation picked a duel wield ranger class.

The gear she got was pathetic and she may as well have kept her newbie gear however she opened the menu and equipped the Armor, it was a basic forest green tights and tunic.

Her blades were a little rusty and had a dull blade.

The red haired woman got as many potions as she could buy with her meagre winnings.

Into the dungeon she defeated the first on the lower floors, the monsters where tougher and traps were rife.

There was some low level black spiders with web traps and rats stalking in mobs making it easy to get overwhelmed by the low level creature.

Salvation joined a team part way through the dungeon, they were having trouble with a mob of spiders and the healer was getting slammed, there was the healer the tank and the mage, they couldn't kill the rats in time before the agro on the tank fell sending the rats after the other two.

Salvation hoped they would make it, they probably should have assembled a full team, seven players, however, it was probably too late to want to head back now and Cheza was determined. She wouldn't repeat the dungeon unless it was her choice.

The boss at the end of the dungeon was a large arachnid with red on its back and huge drooling fangs that moved in a way that was making all but the tank of the team uneasy.

The tank was a rather un fazed looking strawberry blond woman in wooden Armor and a Naginata, which is one of several varieties of traditionally made Japanese blades (Nihonto) in the form of a pole weapon. Naginata were originally used by the samurai class of feudal Japan, as well as by ashigaru (foot soldiers) and sōhei (warrior monks).

the tank pulled the agro and Salvation and the mage focused on attacking the creature which was made a little harder when the arachnid summoned a bunch of smaller spiders to defend it, three more seconds until the tank could pull agro again and they could start focusing once more, the healer stood back out of the way dodging rouge spiders and healing his team mates.

When the tank got agro again the mage let loose his newest spell which was a single meteor to rain down on the mosh pit of writhing bodies focused on the tank.

Salvation hopped back in case it had friendly fire, the tank had the hp to keep up with all the monsters Salvation hoped that it would also hold up on the event of friendly fire because the healer wouldn't get resurrect until level 15.

The meteor hit down and all of the little spiders fell away leaving the small loot to the auto loot function of the party,

The boss was still standing however and Salvation ran forward to take the agro until the tank could get healed, another hit and she would respawn back in town with less exp than she did now.

seconds ticked by and Salvation watched her health plummet waiting but the team was getting into the flow of things and finally the tank was battle fit enough to take agro so that Salvation could keep doing what she was designed for, dealing damage.

The healer focused on her next as the spider attacked the strawberry blond woman and Salvation was behind it near its stinger, using combo attacks and dealing to it, fire balls exploded on the creatures hide as the battle got near its end.

With a resounding thump the large creature fell to the ground and revealed a treasure chest which opened to release gold while the real loot was shared between them.

A congratulations appeared before each partymember, and all of them got a few levels up.

"Would you guys like to add each other as friends so we can do dungeons together in the future?

The three looked at each other and back at Salvation all thinking similar things.

The tank was introduced first, her User name was IafAros, the Mage was a teenager with black haircalled Tempesta and the Healer who was a man in his forties with mouse brown hair called TeaMaster, Salvation read each user name as she accepted the invitations.

Cheza directed her character back to town to sell the stuff she had picked up and purchase new gear, her new sword was free of rust and was sharp enough to actually cut, her cloths were leather with thicker bits around vital points.

checking the time the woman sighed and logged off, it was time to go to work at the store for the morning shift, they wouldn't take her on for more hours because she was over 18 and had to be paid a higher wage, the government employment agency got her the job and gave her just enough to get by with a little left over after her bills and food.

Three hours later Cheza got off work and went home to catch some sleep before she spent all night gaming again.

When she woke she had an energy bar and a cup of water, than put her gear back on laying down.

it was with an array of colour that she came back into the game, everything was so much more vibrant and real to her than the real world where she functioned on auto pilot, here she was engaged and had a purpose, she needed exp, gold, loot and gear, she was in a world where a single sword or your fists can take you anywhere.

She checked, only one of her friends was online and he was out farming materials so Salvation went to farm monsters for exp.

Salvation ran into a ghost blade user already farming however, he was picking up the drops by himself, she sent an invite with the message auto loot?

The white haired man accepted, his purple eyes seemed to size her up.

"I'll just...be over there"

she went over to her own spot but stayed within range of the man, he moved with confident sure movements, Cheza could tell that this man was experienced, his level was within her range but his skill implied that just like her this wasn't his first game and this man knew his way around a katana.

The going was much quicker for the man since he didn't have to stop to get his rewards.

When she got a message from the others for a quick run through the same dungeon from the other day, she tentatively approached the man swinging his ghost blade towards the boars.

"so, hi again I'm salvation and my party want to go into a dungeon, I was wondering if you would be interested in joining us, we try to do at least one dungeon a day so if you wanted to befriend me you could join us...."

The man was staring at her blankly making Cheza squirm.

He turned toward the town slowly raising his hand.

Cheza pouted as he walked away.

Suddenly a friend request popped up in front of her from Edge.

She smiled and accepted the invitation and ran after him while adding her three friends.

Edge was as cuddly as broken glass, he didn't speak unless he needed to with his deep baritone and cutting words.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

998K 42.5K 88
Kenta Bernard, a seventeen-year-old, died of leukemia in the hospital and was reincarnated in a novel that he has yet to finish. He is the ill second...
117K 3.3K 23
Warning: 18+ ABO worldကို အခြေခံရေးသားထားပါသည်။ စိတ်ကူးယဉ် ficလေးမို့ အပြင်လောကနှင့် များစွာ ကွာခြားနိုင်ပါသည်။
90.2K 4K 55
Elite3532, an individual who can be considered as an icon among the Tensura fandom community failed in accomplishing his dream... As he regretted his...
216K 25.6K 114
Genre- Drama Fantasy Historical Romance Slice of Life Author(s)- 静似骄阳 Associated Names- 穿书七零:我的炮灰丈夫十项全能 Eng Name- Transmigrating into a Novel: My Can...