What He Doesn't Know {Complet...

By TheRiverRunsDeep

Allison Snow was ten years younger than Colton Pierce but that didn’t affect their tight bond. That was until... More

Need You Now
Leave the Pieces
Don't You Remember
We Can't Stop
Cups
Run, Baby, Run
Wrecking Ball
Shut Up and Let Me Go
My Life Would Suck Without You
Liar
Trust
The Monster
Author's Note
Semi-Automatic
Animal I Have Become
Love The Way You Lie
Breath
MakeDamnSure
Half of My Heart
Animal
Airplanes
Hot 'n Cold
The Great Escape
U + Ur Hand
Beggin For Thread
Hey Brother
Closer
Ugly On The Inside
Ain't No Rest For The Wicked
Gives You Hell
Secrets
Diary
Sweet and Low
Thinking Out Loud
Sugar
I Know You
I Put A Spell On You
Can't You See
Paris
Smile
Lock Me Up
Please Don't Go
If I Die Young
Sloppy Seconds
This is Gospel
Hard to Love
Epilogue: At Last

Seventy Times 7

47.5K 1.6K 109
By TheRiverRunsDeep

UNEDITED!

***

"Back in school they never taught us what we needed to know,

like how to deal with despair, or someone breaking your heart.

For twelve years I've held it all together but a night like this is begging to pull me apart.

I played it quiet, left you deep in conversation.

I felt uncool and hung out around the kitchen.

I remember I kept thinking that I know you never would,

and now I know I want to kill you like only a best friend could..."

Brand New "Seventy Times 7"

<><><><><>

By the time, I reached my house I was hoping this was all a horrible nightmare, one I would wake up from in a matter of minutes. However, I knew the second the limousine tires came to a halt in my driveway, that this was my reality. Colton had walked in my life and after getting a glimpse of my dark side, he tossed me out like yesterdays newspaper.

“We are here,” Larry stated as he opened the door for me.

I got out of the backseat and nodded, “Thanks.” I looked at the front door to see my mother standing in the threshold with an angered expression. I knew without a shadow of a doubt that Colton had told her about how I stole something. As I walked towards her, I wondered if he told her what I stole or who I stole from. Knowing Colton, he wouldn't tell her all that — he spared the details for Colton liked being the one person that knew everything.

“Allison, I can’t believe you!” Mother spat as I reached the porch steps. “Stealing! You know better!” She informed me as I pushed past her and walked into the house.

Father, who was sitting on the couch in the living room, looked away from the televison and over at me.  I wanted to say something about grandma, but I kept my mouth shut for the look on his face said it all, he was disappointed in me too. “Grounded,” Was the first words out of his mouth. “You are grounded for seven weeks. No argument.”

I bit my tongue.

“In those seven weeks, you are only allowed to use your computer, and that is for taking your online classes.” Dad stated as he told me the guidelines to me being grounded and also reminding me that I had to take online classes for the classes I failed last year.

“Okay.”

Father expression said it all, he was shocked that I took his punishment so easily. But the fact of the matter was I didn’t plan on being here for long. Tomorrow I was going to run away — so Duke and the other won’t come here and harm my parents in the search for me.

“Where is your phone?” Mother asked me as she walked over to my dad and sat down beside him. “I tried calling while you were at Colton’s but you never answered.”

I knew she was bring up my phone for she wanted to take it up as part of my grounding. “I don’t have it. I lost it,” I truthfully told her.

She looked at me with a raised eyebrow, “You lost it?” It was clear that she didn’t believe me.

“Yes, I lost it. It happened the day before yesterday. Hence the reason I didn’t answer your calls or, even, call you,” I informed her.

“She is not lying, Sandie. Look at her,” Father stated.

Mother studied me for a second before shrugging her shoulder. “Very well. Go to your room.”

I turned around and was only able to take two steps before Mother spoke, “Oh, Allison - your father and I are going out tonight. While we are gone, we have hired someone to watch you because we know you have the tendency to sneak out, especially when grounded.”

I rolled my eyes, I was eighteen and they got me a babysitter. “Whatever,” I mumbled before racing up to my room. It didn’t matter that they got someone to watch me, I wasn’t going to leave my room.

Walking into my room, I went over to my bed. Plopping down, I looked up at the ceiling.

“You can’t run,” My mind told me.

I closed my eyes and sighed for I knew it was true, I couldn’t run forever. Sooner or later Duke or the others will find me. There is no hiding.

“...If you are not found in three days, he is going to kill Evalynn,” Duke’s voice ricocheted in my mind.

My stomach knotted at the mere thought of Evalynn, Duke’s baby sister, dying. Her death would be on my hands.

It was only when I realized that today was the third day, that I jolted up from my bed. I began to curse myself out as I ran out my room.

“Where do you think you’re going?” Mother asked as I passed her in the hall.

I said not a single word as I dashed into the kitchen. Picking up the house phone, I began to eagerly dial Duke’s number. I was one number away from calling him, when the phone was snatched from my hands.

“You are grounded, Missy. No phone calls,” Dad said in a stern voice as he placed the phone back on the receiver.

“I need to make one call Dad. Please,” I begged with puppy eyes.

He shook his head, “No, and don’t think you can go calling around when we leave. We have told the sitter to make sure you don’t touch any electronic.”

I gave a low growl, not liking this one bit. “Dad-”

The sound of the doorbell ringing, stopped me before I could argue.

“Oh, that must be her,” Dad said as he walked out of the room.

The second he left the room I picked back up the phone in hopes of getting ahold of Duke.

“Almost forgot,” Dad’s voice said as he walked back in the room.

The phone was once again snatched out of my hands. Dad shook his head at me and placed the home phone in his pocket before walking out.

I balled up my fist in anger that he came back and took the phone from me. He really didn’t get that this was a life and death situation - I laughed to myself for there was no way he knew this. And there was absolutely no way I could tell him.  

If Duke or someone in the Four Leaf Clover gang found out that someone, beside the people that they allocate to know, is informed about the gang and its doings — they are blackmailed into not saying anything.

See, Four Leaf Clover gang was not your normal run of the mill gang. Their leader, Mr. Sharp is known for keeping his gang a very secretive organization. He prohibits his member from going around and flaunting or stating that they are in the gang. Which is not like the other gangs that you find around here — they all are very prideful and in your face about the gang they are in and their position.

Oh the things you see and learn in a public school.

“Allison! We are leaving,” Mother yelled from the living room.

I slowly strolled into the living room to find my mother and father standing at the front door. They both looked at me with stern expressions.

“Be good,” My father demanded. “Listen to Rachel,” He stated as his head nodded in the direction of the red headed girl that was sitting on the couch staring at me.

I raised an eyebrow at why she was staring at me. “Got an eye problem?” I blurted out as she continued to stare at me.

“Add another week to your grounding, Missy. You know better then to talk to people like that,” Mother stated.

I rolled my eyes, “I’m eighteen! Not five! I don’t need a babysitter and I don’t need you telling me what I can and cannot say!”

“I will tell you to do whatever I please as long as you live under my roof. And, we wouldn’t get you a babysitter if you didn’t give us a mountain of reason as to why we should not trust you ... You know, I must admit, I thought you’d changed when your grandmother died, but you are clearly still the same.”

My anger was reaching its peak, “I stole before she died! I have changed!”

“Not what Colton said,” Mother stated.

Father pinched the bridge of his nose, “Dear, let go - I don’t want to miss our reservations for arguments that are going nowhere.” He exclaimed as he rested both of his arms back to his side.

Mother looked away from me and settled sights on my father, “Very well,” Turning her attention to the girl on the couch, my mother spoke, “If you need anything, Rachel, just call. We should be home in about two hours — give or take.”

Rachel shrugged her shoulder as she looked over at my parents. “That is fine, take as long as you want - I’m free all night.”

“If she tries to escape-” Father proclaimed but Rachel cut him off.

“She won’t,” Rachel said before looking over at me. I watched as she moved her hair to her right shoulder, exposing the left side of her neck. My eyes widened as I saw that she has a one leaf clover tattoo on her neck. “Will you, Allison?”

I didn’t reply, instead I just shook my head.

“Thank you,” Father stated as he opened the door. “Ready?” He asked, who I presumed was my mother.

“Yes.”

With a matter of seconds the front door was closing. It took a minute or so before I could hear the sound of a car door closing and an engine being started.

“So, Allison,” Rachel stated as her brown eyes locked with mine. “I figure we will cut all the unnecessary shit out the way. I’m here-”

“To kill me,” I finished.

She looked at me for a long moment before replying, “Originally, yes.”

“Originally?”

Rachel got up from the couch. I watched, intently, as she walked over to the front door. Bending down, Rachel dug through a brown leather purse that I figured was hers. Soon, she stood up straight and in her right hand was a needle that was filled with a white, milky substance. “I’ve been assigned to kill you for the past two days. But, today the order were changed. I’m to bring you in. Seems, Mr. Sharp wants you to personally pay the debt.”

“Personally?” I questioned.

“Yes, personally. I don’t have the details, but,” Rachel said as a wide smile etched its way onto her face, “He is ruthless, so whatever he has in store ... well, I have a feeling you will be begging for death.”

I took a step back as I saw her eyes gloss over in malevolence.

It was then that I knew this was in fact the end - I was caught.

<><><><><>

A/N:

Next chapter, next chapter the 'secret' *rolls eyes* will be revealed as to who Mr. Sharp is.

*Smiles*

Please:

VOTE

SMILE

and

Comment! (:

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

872K 18.8K 66
"Okay, you know what? You're such a jackass and I never should have kissed you," I say. Colton stands up. His green eyes are just as angry as mine ar...
71.4K 3.5K 47
***Complete***Book 3 in a series involving the same group of friends** Andrew Miller had a difficult upbringing and as a result his friends are his f...
430 28 31
Cara has an insane crush on this gorgeous boy, Nick. She finally gets to talk to him after some obstacles. Nothing is ever the same after him. Her b...
561K 15.2K 32
"The problem is" he said, "if I kiss you, I don't think I'd be able to stop." But that's the problem. He doesn't have to kiss me. We've barely talked...