Living next door to an idiot

By beau_angel

(Book One of 'An Idiot' series) Meet Haley Valdez. The Good Girl. She's a straight A honours student with a s... More

1. I live next to you?
2. Would they fall for it?
3. Self control is important
4. Comfort is nice
5. Spending too much time with an idiot
6. This Is Not What It Looks Like
7. He's my what now?
8. In other words that was fantastic
9. Ending a good day with tears.
10. This cannot be happening
11. Today was a productive day . . .
12. Holy crap ...
13. Should I be scared or happy?
14. A party I will never forget
15. A game with a twist
16. What the heck is going on?
17. Too much for one day
18. Best day of my life...
19. Tables turn.
20. Hell would break loose tomorrow
21. Bad Luck Prone...
23. Second disaster date
24. I'm looking forward to it.
25. Knock, Knock
26. Hidden from me.
27. Man behind
28. Hallucinations
29. Our little secret
30. Best behaviour
31. You guessed it
32. They're coming for us
Next chapter is out

22. Teddy bear

9.5K 281 89
By beau_angel

"Good luck, catch us that ride." Dante winked at me and stepped back and took his phone out before making a few calls about god knows what. I stepped a bit closer to the road and stuck my hand out a bit further before placing my right hand on my hip so that my body was more curved and more 'noticeable'.

The second the driver noticed me he pulled over and stopped the car right beside, not only was I freaking out that I had to let a complete stranger let Dante and I give us a ride but I had to be one of those walking talking STD girls that I despised so much.

"Hey there, pretty lady. How can I help you?" The male's deep voice chuckled but it sounded parched and almost as though he had just gotten out of an angry conversation but for some reason it sounded rather similar. Next to him I noticed another male but I could not notice him very clearly because the inside of their car was very dark.

"Oh, my ... ride broke down," I pointed to the Chevrolet behind me which Dante was sitting on top of trying to make random beats on the car's metal, "...I really need a ride now because the idiot ruined today for me."

"Why would any guy try to ruin such a beautiful girl's day?" He flirted but I felt nauseous and rather disturbed. Here I was trying to get Dante and I home before one of us died from the upcoming cold or whether one of us would die from getting wet since the clouds looked extremely grey and it looked like it would rain any minute.

My heart jumped out of my chest when the driver turned off his red Audi rs5 and opened the door slightly and so I moved back to give him enough space to fully open his driver's door.

The man before me was rather tall, maybe two or three inches taller than Dante who was 6ft 1 and I was 5ft 6. His hair was a light brown which curled slightly around his ears and hung over his forehead with two strands falling into his eyes. His skin looked lightly tanned, but I could tell it was his natural color. His strong jawline and narrow mouth created a handsome face but that's when I looked further up on his face and noticed his eyes...

His protudging eyes were those that I would remember anywhere. His almond-shaped eyes were two different colours that no one else on this planet would have let alone this universe ... green and violet.

Suddenly, my body went into fear and began to shake slightly but I tried to keep as calm as possible, any sudden movements and this guy would realize that I knew and would either kill me, kill Dante or both of us. It was this exact same man who had tried to rape me but thankfully Dante and Jase had saved me.

"What's wrong, sugar?" He asked, I could feel a small amount of tension and I knew I had to do something so this guy would not think anything fishy was going on.

"Oh nothing, I'll just go tell the idiot that ... we just got ourselves a ride." I smiled and placed my hand gently on the guy's chest trying to assure him I was fine and gullible in his eyes. I needed to tell Dante so we could both get out of here with minimum damage.

I turned around and pulled my dress down so it covered more of my legs instead of making me feel like I had too much skin on show. The second I had reached Dante I could feel tears ready to shoot out of my eyes and run down my face.

"Chika, what's wrong?" Dante asked suddenly concerned and he jumped off the car and wrapped his arms around me before facing me, staring worriedly into my eyes.

"Don't speak loud. Don't gasp. Don't go and fight him." I slipped both of my hands into Dante's and squeezed rather tightly. "He's the same man who came into your house yesterday."

Suddenly Dante's grip tightened and I could feel his whole body tense and stiffen until I thought he would explode and go murder the man that was meant to go give a ride. "How do you know?"

"His eyes." I bit my lip trying not to utter too much so that we were not heard or being eavesdropped on even though there was a good twenty meters between the distance of the two cars.

"That bastar-"

"There's another guy in the car." I whispered making sure none of this conversation would be heard and I knew that the two guys would think this was rather suspicious because of how long we were taking.

"I could take them both-"

"They probably have guns and two guns is worse than you. You may be able to kill a whole gang maybe two or three considering your anger issues but one bullet can stop that." I muttered feeling my heart drop and feeling useless and weak.

"Get the guy here on his own." He removed his hands from mine coldly before pinching the bridge of his nose. "I have unfinished business with him."

"Dante-"

"Please."

That one word made me feel even worse, it showed what kind of a situation we were stuck in. We should have just sat in the car and called a towing company. They would've taken us back home and avoided this man that made me want to go in a corner and cry. His hands were weapons and disgusting ones at that too. His eyes were probably foul and had seen unmentionable stuff that no one should want to see but he did.

I turned around and took a deep breath. Come on, Haley. Do it for Dante. I instantly put on a fake smile and strutted over back to the man before giving him a cheerful smile.

"He's fine with it but I have quite a few bags in the boot." I lied feeling my hands shake, if this guy caught on to my lie then it would be the end of life itself. This man knew how to get into someone's house, almost rape them and kill them, god knows what else he was capable of. "The idiot is making a few important calls and says he can't be bothered to help out."

"The guy seems like a jerk." He chuckled before running his hands through his hair acting as innocently as possible that it made me want to puke but instead I just shrugged.

"He is."

"Why stick around him?" The guy asked with a glint of evil and I quickly avoided his question because I had a feeling that this guy knew Dante's background more than I did and that scared me.

"He's fun." I admitted truthfully but also because I didn't want to open up to a stranger who was a faggot himself. "Anyways, urm ..."

"Nick." He finished for me telling me his name. His name was rather ironic too and did not suit him at all.

"Nick, could you help me instead?" I asked and placed my hand on his chest again only this time I did not remove it and I could hear Dante kicking a few rocks behind me and punching the car angrily. Clearly, Nick had not noticed because he was too busy staring at me and smiling like a fool.

"Sure thing, babe." He stopped leaning against his car and made his way over to the Chevrolet not realizing it belonged to none other than Dante.

I followed Nick closely behind to make sure nothing seemed dodgy or out of the blue. Once Nick had reached the boot of the car he placed his hand on it only for Dante to grab his wrist and glare into his eyes with pure hatred.

"You." Nick gasped instantly regretting coming over here but he did not back down.

"Yes, me. Bastard, who did you expect, your Santa?" Dante spat in his face. I turned around to check what the other male in the car was doing but his head was looking down almost as though he was occupied by his phone or something.

Nick quickly acted catching Dante off guard and his first punch glanced Dante's chin. This made Dante release Nick's wrist and stumble a bit and this allowed a second punch to meet contact with Dante's gut and he doubled over and expelling air from within him.

However, Dante quickly shook his head before smirking, he leaped forward grabbing Nick's arm and then his head and slamming him against the car. Dante then released him and kneed Nick in the gut before his fist made contact with Nick's jaw. It was a heck of a shot.

Dante clearly did notice a fair amount of pain with the gutshot previously from Nick but he ignored it and continued to throw endless punches at Nick who seemed like any minute now he would collapse and drop. A hit to the face, yes, or even the kidney...but the gut shouldn't have been much more than discomfort, if that.

Fortunately, he was used to it all. A veteran of street fights and gang breakouts in over ten states and countless cities.

He stood straight, eyes bulging with rage, and stared at his opponent-some perverted, foul disgusting man who looked like he was in his early twenties-right in his shifty little eyes. Nick tried to stand tall, but he looked like he was about to pee his pants because he was so scared. Dante smiled realizing he had him right where he wanted him.

"You...fucking..." Dante took a lurching step forward with each word. On the third, he swung: "Bastard!"

The blow felt too sluggish. Dante knew the second he launched it. The spry, smirking man ducked under it. Before Dante could even register the dodge, however, another body shot, this one to his ribs, sent fresh ripples of pain through his torso. He didn't fall-he made absolutely sure he did not fall-but it was a lot closer than he'd have liked. If any gangs or street fight opponents where here then Dante's reputation would have already taken a beating if he took another punch.

Nick was feeling confident so he went in for another shot. Dante shoved him off. Seeing Nick scoot back so far against the weight of it gave him a second wind. He covered the distance between them. Threw three more punches that did land. Nick fell.

Then, he stood again.

Dante threw a hay maker that Nick ducked but didn't parry, then another that Nick swung under again and I could tell Dante was getting annoyed so he finally responded to all of Nick's dodges with an uppercut.

Click. The sound of Nick's upper and lower rows of teeth making unplanned contact sickened me and I felt suddenly disgusted that I was even here watching a battle unfold before me while I stood idle not able to do anything that would help anyone.

Nick dropped to the floor but before his eyes closed he screamed one name extremely loudly: "CHARLIE!"

Dante ran to his side and kicked him hard and Nick instantly knocked out however, from the audi out ran a guy that looked to around Dante's age but still a year or so older than me. As the guy came closer I could make out more and more of his features. Dante behind me stood up straight before cracking his knuckles and neck readying himself for another fight. Just as he was about to run towards the guy and knock him out before the other guy even had a chance to retaliate, I stood in front of Dante and placed my hands on his arms.

"Move." He growled but I didn't listen to him but instead zoned in completely to the guy before me, I knew this guy but from where.

The guy stopped running halfway and his gaze averted to me instead of Nick. He completely ignored Nick and instead began to study me carefully and look at me intensely and I returned this.

He was the exact same height as Dante. His slightly tanned skin blended with his sandy blond hair. Loose strands of hair perfectly framed his oval shaped head. Perfectly shaped wide amber eyes brought out his natural beauty, and I couldn't help but stare. His thick light eyebrows showed content, but friendly at the same time. His body was lean and muscular.

That's when it clicked and tears instantly began to run down my face and my heart beat faster and harder while my hands trembled and my shoulders felt heavy.

"Charlie. Charlie Reid." I instantly let go of Dante before jumping over Nick's unconscious body and throwing my arms tightly around the man who looked like he was about to break down as well. "Tarzan."

"Haley Valdez." His voice cracked and he flung his arms tightly around me too, both of us holding each other closely not letting go. "My beautiful teddy bear."

We all noticed Nick shift on the floor before he tried to get up again but Dante kicked Nicks head, knocking him out again and making him drop once more to the floor.

"Can we go before he wakes up again?" Dante asked startling both Charlie and I so we pulled apart. Dante knew exactly who Charlie was because I had told him before about stories of how he and I met and then how we departed, so he knew that five years of me not seeing my once best friend and now suddenly being face to face to him was a huge shock.

"Sorry." I smiled half happy and half sad. So many feelings were running through me that I couldn't think straight and I felt so overwhelmed that I felt my knees buckle but thankfully Dante caught me and held me bridal style before he walked me over to Charlie's and Nick's car.

"We're going back home." Dante kissed my forehead before opening car door and placing me in the back. "Buckle up because I have a feeling everyone will be waiting for us since my phone died half an hour ago and you being the clutzy chika, you forgot yours."

I felt my cheeks flush pink and I giggled slightly before turning my gaze back to Charlie only to see him sit in the passenger's seat once again. Dante jumped into the driver's seat and turned the car on before quickly turning the car around and driving like a madman once again on the highway.

The ride home went by silent and rather awkward if I was being honest because Dante kept staring at Charlie then used the rear view mirror to gaze at me sadly as though he was losing me or had already lost me.

We got home relatively quickly in about twenty minutes considering the fact Dante was having a few difficulties getting back with no navigator so the second Dante parked the car in the garage he got out and opened my door helping me out like the perfect gentleman before slapping my butt lightly totally ruining the moment.

"Nice home." Charlie smiled, his smile lighting up the room and making me feel completely over the moon.

I grabbed Charlie's hand before running to the door that led us inside the house only to be faced by Blake, Chris, Jase and a concerned Juli. However, the second everyone's gaze turned to me everyone's expressions changed.

Juli got up in shock before slamming on to the floor on her knees then bursting into tears. Her sobbing scared Chris and so he knelt beside her trying to comfort her but he didn't realize what she needed was a hug from Charlie. I walked over to Juli while still dragging Charlie and grabbed Juli's hand helping her stand back on her feet.

"Is that really him?" She wept not bothering to clear her tears and so I began to cry a little again now. I felt tears escape my eyes as well. Juli and I ignored everyone's glances from the room and just zoned in on to the three of us. "Our Charlie? Charlie Reid. Charles-"

"Yes, fool." Charlie chuckled, his rather deep voice booming throughout the whole room and bringing about even more silence.

Juli slapped him hard across the face, making his right cheek turn redder than a tomato and then she threw herself into his arms and held on to his shirt tightly not letting go and ignoring Chris' jealous gaze right now.

"Urm... should I be scared that I'm losing my girlfriend?" Chris asked, his mouth dry and parched for some reason and Juli and I burst into laughter.

"No, you spaz shit." She giggled and Chris looked even more confused now than he did before. "He's the third musketeer I always told you about. It was always Haley, me and this retard right here."

Charlie smiled before wiping away a single tear that slipped down his face. "All for one-"

"And one for all." Juli and I finished before the three of us embraced one another into a big, warm and late hug. Five years can change people.

Here Juli was, more immature and with an even fouler language. Here I was, now getting myself into trouble rather than keeping out of it and involving myself with badboys, gangs and idiots. Here Charlie was, in a gang with a crowd he swore never to hang around with.

"Someone care to explain how lost boy was found and why Dante has bruises on his face and probably on the rest of his body." Jase smirked being his usual self.

"I volunteer." I giggled and made everyone sit in a circle on the floor so I could explain what was going on while Blake looked broken hearted just looking at me. Dante opened the sliding doors of the living room which led to the backyard and took out a cigarette to smoke.

I felt my heart drop twice because Blake looked miserable, he had small bags under his eyes which you could see where new and Dante had once more resorted to smoking, killing himself slowly even though others couldn't stop him. Charlie slipped his hand into mine and squeezed twice lightly to ensure he was still beside me and I shook my head and put them to the back of my head. I just found my teddy bear again, screw other guys.

**************

"Damn. Sorry C but your parents are complete faggots." Jase shook his head before looking down realizing the current situation we were all in now.

"Yeah but I tried to make up for it." Charlie explained. "I tried to steal a phone and I tried to dial Haley and Juli all the time but their numbers weren't working probably because their families wanted to get rid of mine. I ran away from home when I was thirteen to try and look for them both but I got lost and didn't know where the heck to go. My parents were so mad we moved even further away and so I got annoyed I kept running away from home and eventually I found our old town but our road was demolished and made into a new shopping centre and so I was so desperate to find them I joined a gang. They helped me go back to our older houses before to see if you guys were there but nothing."

We moved closer towards Charlie and we both rested our head's against Charlie's shoulders before he wrapped his arm around us, just like old times.

"So does that chicken have competition?" Jase chuckled as he noticed Chris' jealous face again and we all cracked up including Charlie.

"No. Juli's always been a sister to me." Charlie chuckled.

"See, babe." Juli smiled before getting up and sitting in Chris' lap to reassure him. "I love him as a brother and you like a boyfriend, partner, soul mate-"

"We get it cheesy Romeo and Juliet." Jase chuckled and then gasped in shock at his realization making us all crack up again. "He's the retarded Romeo that would kill himself for Juliet."

"Go to hell." Chris grumbled and just then Dante threw his cigarette on the ground outside before stepping on it to completely turn it off. Dante walked inside and was about to take his shirt of so that the smell would be reduced but instead Charlie quickly took off his plain sweatshirt and placed it over my nose. Dante slammed the living room doors shut before letting go of his top and not bothering.

"Oh, maybe it's not Juli." Jase smirked and realized he was hinting on something that I had no clue what it meant but everyone else understood and their facial expressions went blank. Charlie sat next to me in just his grey sweatpants and white vest which clung to his chest and abs showing off every inch of his perfectly toned body.

"Yeah, it's my ass." Dante smirked before going upstairs and slamming his door shut.

"What?" Charlie shrugged whatever just happened off. "She can't stand smoke."

"Yeah." Jase nodded smirking like an fool till now before ruffling my hair and getting up. "I better go check up on Dante-"

"Me too. He had a lot of bruises and problems." Chris looked at Charlie and then tapped Juli and she got off his lap and allowed him to get up. Both Chris and Jase ran up the stairs before we could hear their footsteps lead into Dante's room.

"Charlie and I will go to your room." Juli smiled before she got up and dragged Charlie with her upstairs as well which only left Blake and me in the living room. We both got up at the same time before we stood in complete silence.

"I got to go as well, my dad-"

"Shut up." I interrupted him before I walked up to him and threw my arms around him and dug my face into his chest holding back any tears. We both stood in the hallway outside the front door.

"You know I can't do this." He whispered his body tensing before he slowly put his arms around me.

"Blake." I removed my face from him and looked at him sadly. "I'm so sorry what I did. I really am. I know Dante and I screwed up but Dante meant no harm. He's like your brother and he knew he couldn't step over the boundary since he considered me your girl. I was an idiot and I pissed him off to the extent where he blabbered his feelings. He never meant to hurt you and please don't be mad at him-"

"Why are you defending him?" Blake asked releasing us both from the hug and taking a step back. "I already know his side of the story and I let him off because no matter how much it hurts watching my bro be with the girl I like, he still deserves it more than I do. It's his first chance at happiness and I'm not taking it away. Why are you so nice, Haley? Instead of defending yourself, you defend him. You're the first girl who likes him and sees something good in him. You're not just with him for looks or for sex." Blake gulped before staring at the floor, not making a single second of eye contact with me.

"I'm sorry as well." I bit my lip to stop me from breaking down and hurting my first crush that I actually thought I had something with. Maybe the feelings I felt for him was only because every time Dante annoyed me or pissed me off, Blake was there to make sure I didn't feel so annoyed or angry. "Not only did I toy with your feelings but I confused my own-"

"It's alright." Blake smiled before he finally looked at me and placed his hand on my cheek. "I just need time to take this all in. It's just a big shock."

"Can we go back to being just good friends?" I asked placing my hand over his and gently holding it before I let go.

"We can't be friends yet. You know how much it hurts to watch the girl you love walk around looking beautiful as always with another guy who's your bro? No, it hurts like a bag of bricks has been slammed into my face." Blake explained. "I can't be your friend just now. Every time I look at you I want to grab your face and kiss you endless and tell you endless compliments and tell the world you're only mine but I can't because you're not."

"Blake-"

"Haley, I need time." He kissed my forehead and with that he opened the door before looking back at me and giving me a small wave. With that he went outside and closed the door shut behind him.

I looked up the stairway to see four faces (Juli, Chris, Charlie and Jase) all looking down and the second they realized I was looking they quickly scurried back to their rooms and hid.

I felt so guilty and so bad right now.

I knew I liked Dante and no one else. Sometimes no words could describe the feelings I got for him because within these past few days I realized he wasn't just my enemy but he was someone so special to me that I never wanted to lose. No one would understand how much my heart raced when I get a simple message or call from the idiot, or when I see him smile and laugh at my jokes.

Whereas for Blake I couldn't see that anymore. I used to feel all giddy and nervous but I realized that's all it was. A simple crush. A high school crush, one that everyone got when they reached that hormonal stage in their teenage years.

I walked up the stairs and stopped outside Dante's room and so I did the only thing I thought was smart and I walked into his bedroom.

Dante had his shirt off and I told my mouth to close but it had decided to rebel today and wouldn't close so it was pointless. His body was muscled in all the right places, not an ounce of fat on him. A large angel wing tattoo spread across his right shoulder and part of his collarbone, while there was four tribal tattoos on his right arm that lead from the collarbone to his elbow.

"Oh, I didn't see you there." Dante smiled sadly as he noticed me gawking over him like a complete embarrassment. "Nice to see you appreciate my body."

"Psht, any work of God's is work to be appreciated due to it's perfection." I smirked before winking at him not realizing what had just escaped from my mouth so I slapped my hands over my mouth quickly.

What happened next was all a surprise. I couldn't stop him, even if I wanted to.

His head descended and I didn't care that the others were in their rooms or could pass by the open door and see us this second. I was lost in Dante and I never wanted to come back.

His lips touched mine. I wanted to cry out in frustration when he pulled back. I reached up and tugged his head back down.

With a groan he pinned my hands to the bed and threw one of his legs over my body, straddling me with his weight. His kiss was so different to Blake's, it was the only kiss I could compare to. Where Blake was playful, Dante was rather aggressive, where Blake had nipped easily, Dante possessed.

He wrapped his arms around me, pulling me against him and deepening the kiss. This guy was clearly experienced, you didn't need to know him to see that. I wrapped my legs tighter around him, making his body one with mine as I gave into the kiss with everything in me. It didn't matter that I just found my amazing third musketeer again, so that I may or may not have lost Blake because being with Dante helped me forget everything going on and stopped me from hurting that everything had happened.

He sucked my lower lip, the bit it and I placed my hands tightly against his chest and with a curse he pushed away, his eyes closed as he lifted himself from me and cursed. Every muscle was flexed as he sat on the edge of the bed. His back ramrod straight and his chest half covered with bruises.

"I'm so sorry." I apologized realizing why he had pulled back.

"It's OK. It's not your fault." He smiled and got up. I jumped up from the bed and quickly ran to the bathroom before opening the cupboard in the toilet and grabbing the medical box. I grabbed Dante's hand and pushed him back on to the bed.

"It's fine, seriously-"

"Shut up." I silenced him and took out the ointments and cotton wool before I began to rub several different creams and ointments on his chest. I could feel my knees wobble and my brain being rather dirty minded but I ignored it all as my hand ran along his chest massaging his bruises and helping them heal.

Once I was done I put the medical box away and grabbed a big plain black t-shirt of Dante's and a pair of his biggest boxers. I went back into his bathroom and shut the door before I quickly took the tight dress off and replaced them with his clothing. When I re-entered Dante's bedroom I found him sitting in the exact same position he was last in.

"Why do you care so much?" He asked, tilting his head to once side.

"Because, I care about you-"

"No, ever since we were little I have destroyed your life and always tried to make it horrible even though I liked you. I never did anything to make you be nice to me so why, Haley? Why are you my girlfriend and why are you being nice to me?"

"You may have hurt me several times and tried to use your pranks to ruin me playfully but I knew you never meant it if you did something severe because you always had that hurt look on your face. You've always somehow comforted me when no one else could and even your pranks they bring joy into my life because it gives me something to look forward to. You make me feel safe when no one else does and I know that's ironic seeing as you're the least safe person but that's how I feel. What I feel for you is something I have never felt for anyone else." I explained feeling tears build up. This guy was questioning himself, he couldn't bare to make his friends sad while he was happy with the girl they both liked.

I sat down next to Dante on his bed before laying on his bed completely and so he did too.

"Promise me, if I ever screw something up that you'll leave me." He said and instantly I felt my heart drop, he thought he was a screw up even though he wasn't. He doubted everything.

"Dante, I -"

"Promise me. If I ever hurt you and screw up like I always do, promise you'll forget me and not even care to look back twice."

"I can't promise that-"

"Please, I want to know that you'll live happily even if I screw up."

"Fine."

"Thank you, chika." He kissed the top of my head and turned to the side before wrapping his arms around me. "And please don't let your retarded friend hold you like that."

"Why does someone get jealous?" I teased as I poked Dante on his cheek.

"Yes." He whispered.

"Then, I'll just hug him." I smiled realizing no boyfriend would like to see their girlfriend cuddling up to other guys even if they were best friends or like family.

"You're awesome, chika."

"And you're annoying, idiot."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24.1K 400 46
One word. Chaos. That's all Nico Valore had brought to my life since the moment I met him. Despite all the pain and heartache, if you asked me to do...
374 43 26
Shaylin Rose has not had the easiest of times growing up. Moving around non-stop, growing up without a dad and having an abusive ex-boyfriend at the...
15.9K 1.3K 34
April has an attitude, but Nico thinks it's pretty sexy. The problem is, she hates his guts. The other problem is, she can't quite get rid of him. If...
86K 1.2K 31
Enemies to lovers❤️ Imagine if your worst enemy would move in RIGHT NEXT TO YOUR HOUSE? This book about Grayson and Isabella will tell you how she ex...