Christian and an Ally | Why B...

By Katherina_Michels

{Book 1 in the Journey of Faith series} ❝Being gay is okay, and I think God thinks so, too. Won't you join me... More

FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
Christian and an Ally | Why Being Gay is Okay
Introduction
Wait . . . What?
The Sin of Sodom and Gomorrah Was . . . What, Exactly?
What About Leviticus?
What Does Paul Have to Say About This?
What Else Did Paul Say?
Didn't God Create Adam and Eve, Not Adam and Steve?
What About "Traditional" Marriage?
What Did Jesus Say?
What Is Biblical Inerrancy?
Is the Bible Inerrant?
Isn't Same-Sex Attraction and/or Behavior Unnatural?
Then Homosexuality Must Be a Choice or a Mental Illness, No?
Isn't Homosexuality the Same as Bestiality, Pedophilia, and Other Paraphilias?
But Homosexuality is Harmful, Right?
Are There Any Other Anti-Gay Arguments?
What About the Other Letters?
An Open Letter to Those of You Who Still Believe Being Gay is Wrong
An Open Letter to the LGBTQ+ Community
In the News: June 2018
In the News: July 2018
Sequel, Coming Out, and More

Sources

582 30 75
By Katherina_Michels

Since this is a book of nonfiction and I have needed many different outside sources for my chapters, I decided to create a list of sources so that anybody who wants to do more research or see where I got my information can do so. The sections are labeled by topic, for those interested in searching for something in particular. Enjoy!

More on the Bible and Homosexuality:

Blair, Ralph. "Clobber Passages." Evangelicals Concerned Inc., EC Inc., 1997, www.ecinc.org/clobber-passages/.

Cannon, Justin R. The Bible, Christianity, & Homosexuality. Inclusive Orthodoxy, 2005, www.inclusiveorthodoxy.org/study.html.

Corvino, John. What's Morally Wrong with Homosexuality? YouTube, 2013, www.youtu.be/5iXA_0MED98.  

Enns, Peter. "Leviticus." Introductions to the Books of The Bible, The Center for Biblical Studies, 2011, www.thecenterforbiblicalstudies.org/resources/introductions-to-the-books-of-the-bible/leviticus/.

"Homosexuality in the Christian Scriptures: 1 Corinthians 6:9-10." What the Bible Says about Homosexuality, Religious Tolerance, 2014, www.religioustolerance.org/hom_bibc1.htm.

"Homosexuality in the Christian Scriptures: Genesis 1:28." What the Bible Says about Homosexuality, Religious Tolerance, 2014, www.religioustolerance.org/hom_bibg2.htm.

"Meanings of the Greek Word 'Arsenokoitai' (1 Corinthians 6 & 1 Timothy 1)." What the Bible Says about Homosexuality, Religious Tolerance, 2014, www.religioustolerance.org/homarsen.htm.

Murphy et al. "Did Jesus Never Address Homosexuality?" Preachers & Preaching: Timeless Truth for Today's Church, The Master's Seminary, 18 Apr. 2016, www.tms.edu/preachersandpreaching/jesus-never-address-homosexuality/.

Pruitt, Shane. "10 Bible Verses About Marriage That May Surprise You." The Christian Post, Christian Post, 12 Mar. 2016, www.christianpost.com/news/10-bible-verses-about-marriage-that-may-surprise-you-157327/.

Schifferdecker, Kathryn. "Old Testament: Leviticus." Enter the Bible - Books: Leviticus, Luther Seminary, www.enterthebible.org/oldtestament.aspx?rid=23.

Shmoop Editorial Team. "Corinthians: Current Hot-Button Issues And Cultural Debates."Shmoop, Shmoop University, 11 Nov. 2008, www.shmoop.com/corinthians/debates.html.

Swindoll, Chuck. "Leviticus." Book of Leviticus Overview, Insight for Living Ministries, www.insight.org/resources/bible/the-pentateuch/leviticus.

"Text of 1 Corinthians 6:9-11 from Various Versions of the Bible." What the Bible Says about Homosexuality, Religious Tolerance, 2014, www.religioustolerance.org/chr_sav1.htm.

Walker, William O. "What the New Testament Says about Homosexuality." Westar Institute, The Fourth R, May-June 2008, www.westarinstitute.org/resources/the-fourth-r/what-the-new-testament-says-about-homosexuality/.

More on Biblical Inerrancy:

Alcorn, Randy, and Karen Coleman. "Can We Trust the Bible? Is It Without Error?" Eternal Perspective Ministries, 9 June 2017, www.epm.org/resources/2017/Jun/9/trust-bible-without-error/.

"Biblical Inerrancy." Wikipedia, Wikimedia Foundation, www.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biblical_inerrancy.

Chastain, Tim. "The Bible Is Not Magically Inerrant: Exposing Inerrancy Proof-Texts." Jesus Without Baggage, 18 July 2016, www.jesuswithoutbaggage.wordpress.com/2016/07/18/the-bible-is-not-magically-inerrant-exposing-inerrancy-proof-texts/.

Childers, Alisa. "Did Early Christians Believe the Bible Was Inspired, Inerrant, and Authoritative?" Apologetics Theology Culture Worship, 8 Aug. 2017, www.alisachilders.com/blog/did-early-christians-believe-the-bible-was-inspired-inerrant-and-authoritative.

Cobb, Micah. "Three Questions About Biblical Inerrancy." Thinking and Believing, 8 Sept. 2016, www.micahcobb.com/blog/three-questions-about-biblical-inerrancy/.

Edwards, Brian H. "Why Should We Believe in the Inerrancy of Scripture?" Answers in Genesis, 5 July 2011, www.answersingenesis.org/is-the-bible-true/why-should-we-believe-in-the-inerrancy-of-scripture/.

Eichenwald, Kurt. "The Bible: So Misunderstood It's a Sin." Newsweek, 23 Dec. 2014, www.newsweek.com/2015/01/02/thats-not-what-bible-says-294018.html.

Enns, Peter. "When Was Genesis Written and Why Does It Matter?" The Biologos Foundation, www.biologos.org/uploads/resources/enns_scholarly_essay3.pdf.

Eubanks, Ed. "Infallible and Inerrant." ByFaith, PCA, 7 Nov. 2016, www.byfaithonline.com/infallible-and-inerrant/.

Geiger, Abigail. "5 Facts on How Americans View the Bible and Other Religious Texts." Fact Tank, Pew Research Center, 14 Apr. 2017, www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2017/04/14/5-facts-on-how-americans-view-the-bible-and-other-religious-texts/.

Hagenston, Richard. "Three Reasons the Bible Is Not the Inerrant Word of God." Friendly Atheist, Patheos, 10 Jan. 2016, www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyatheist/2016/01/10/three-reasons-the-bible-is-not-the-inerrant-word-of-god/.

Hardeman, Nikki Carroll. "The Myth Of Biblical Inerrancy." Believe Out Loud, 8 May 2013, www.believeoutloud.com/latest/myth-biblical-inerrancy.

Hatfield, Eric. "Five Ways Inerrancy Is Killing Christianity." The Way?, 19 Oct. 2016, www.theway21stcentury.wordpress.com/2016/10/19/five-ways-inerrancy-is-killing-christianity/comment-page-1/.

Holden, et al. "The CHICAGO STATEMENTS on INERRANCY and HERMENEUTICS." Defending Inerrancy, www.defendinginerrancy.com/chicago-statements/.

Holden, et al. "What Is Biblical Inerrancy?" Defending Inerrancy, www.defendinginerrancy.com/why-is-inerrancy-important/.

Houtz, Wyatt. "The Errors of Inerrancy: #1 The Church Has Never Possessed an Inerrant Bible." The PostBarthian, 19 June 2017, www.postbarthian.com/2016/09/27/errors-inerrancy-1-church-never-possessed-inerrant-bible/. (Links to #2-10 of his argument can be found at the bottom of his article.)

Hunt, Zack. "The Bible Isn't Perfect And It Says So Itself." Red Letter Christians, 29 July 2016, www.redletterchristians.org/the-bible-isnt-perfect-and-it-says-so-itself-innerancy/.

Matson, Dave E. "Bible Errors." Biblical Errancy, Scrivenings, 1994, www.etb-biblical-errancy.blogspot.com/2012/03/bible-errors-by-dave-e-matson.html.  

Mattison, Mark M. Is the Bible Inerrant? Auburn University, www.auburn.edu/~allenkc/openhse/inerrant.html.

Nova. "Writers of the Bible." PBS, Public Broadcasting Service, 18 Nov. 2008, www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/ancient/writers-bible.html.

Pavlovitz, John. "Why This Christian Doesn't Need a Perfect Bible." Stuff That Needs to Be Said, 23 May 2016, www.johnpavlovitz.com/2016/05/23/why-this-christian-doesnt-need-a-perfect-bible/.

Rochford, James M. "The Inerrancy of Scripture." Evidence Unseen, www.evidenceunseen.com/theology/christian-doctrine/the-inerrancy-of-scripture/.

Saad, Lydia. "Three in Four in U.S. Still See the Bible as Word of God." Gallup News, Gallup Incorporated, 4 June 2014, www.news.gallup.com/poll/170834/three-four-bible-word-god.aspx?utm_source=alert&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=syndication&utm_content=morelink&utm_term=All%2BGallup%2BHeadlines.

Smith, Brian. "Explaining Biblical Inerrancy." Verse by Verse, 7 Aug. 2016, www.versebyverseministry.org/bible-answers/explaining-biblical-inerrancy#sthash.OMN2KS3N.dpbs.

"Take a Stand on Biblical Inerrancy." Billy Graham Evangelistic Association, 29 Apr. 2014, www.billygraham.org/decision-magazine/may-2014/take-a-stand-on-biblical-inerrancy/.

"The Bible Isn't Perfect, And I Am Good With It. r/Christianity." Reddit, 9 Apr. 2016, www.reddit.com/r/Christianity/comments/4e134l/the_bible_isnt_perfect_and_i_am_good_with_it/.

"The Inerrancy of Scripture: What's At Stake." Contemporary Issues, Plain Simple Faith, 28 Mar. 2017, www.plainsimplefaith.com/2017/03/inerrancy/.

"Why Is It Important to Believe in Biblical Inerrancy?" GotQuestions.org, 4 Jan. 2017, www.gotquestions.org/Biblical-inerrancy.html.

Woofenden, Lee. "If You Don't Believe in the Inerrancy of Scripture, on What Basis Can You Interpret Scripture?" Spiritual Insights for Everyday Life, 3 June 2015, www.leewoof.org/2015/06/03/if-you-dont-believe-in-the-inerrancy-of-scripture-on-what-basis-can-you-interpret-scripture/.

More on Science, History, and the LGBTQ+ Community:

"1,500 Animal Species Practice Homosexuality." News-Medical.net, 23 Oct. 2006, www.news-medical.net/news/2006/10/23/1500-animal-species-practice-homosexuality.aspx.

"76 Countries Where Homosexuality Is Illegal." Erasing 76 Crimes, 17 June 2012, www.76crimes.com/76-countries-where-homosexuality-is-illegal/.

"Addressing Health Risks of Noncoital Sexual Activity." Health Care Systems for Underserved Women, American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists , Dec. 2013, www.acog.org/Clinical-Guidance-and-Publications/Committee-Opinions/Committee-on-Adolescent-Health-Care/Addressing-Health-Risks-of-Noncoital-Sexual-Activity.  

American Psychological Association (2008). "Answers to your questions: For a better understanding of sexual orientation and homosexuality." APA. http://www.apa.org/topics/lgbt/orientation.pdf.

"Anal Sex More Popular Than Possibly Expected Among Straight Couples: Report." Queer Voices, The Huffington Post, 2 Feb. 2016, www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/01/06/anal-sex-heterosexual-couples-report_n_1190440.html.  

"Anal Sex Safety and Health Concerns." Sexual Health, WebMD, www.webmd.com/sex/anal-sex-health-concerns#1.  

APA. "Sexual Orientation, Parents, & Children." Council Policy Manual, American Psychological Association, www.apa.org/about/policy/parenting.aspx.  

Baird-Remba, Rebecca. "13 Countries That Are More Gay Friendly Than America." Business Insider, Business Insider, 23 Mar. 2013, www.businessinsider.com/worlds-most-gay-friendly-countries-2013-3.

Bender, Jeremy. "RANKED: The World's 20 Strongest Militaries." Business Insider, Business Insider, 3 Oct. 2015, www.businessinsider.com/these-are-the-worlds-20-strongest-militaries-ranked-2015-9#1-united-states-20.  

Berger, Vincent. "List of Paraphilias." Sexual Concerns, Psychologist Anywhere Anytime, 2005, www.psychologistanywhereanytime.com/sexual_problems_pyschologist/psychologist_paraphilias_list.htm.  

Chappell, Bill. "Supreme Court Declares Same-Sex Marriage Legal In All 50 States." NPR, NPR, 26 June 2015, www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2015/06/26/417717613/supreme-court-rules-all-states-must-allow-same-sex-marriages.

Clements, Averi. "8 Things You Need To Know About Gay Sex, According to Science." Bustle, Bustle, 19 May 2015, www.bustle.com/articles/82201-8-things-you-need-to-know-about-gay-sex-according-to-science-including-everything-youve-ever.  

CMRPI. "Tell Others the Fact." Child Molestation Prevention, CMRPI, www.childmolestationprevention.org/pages/tell_others_the_facts.html.  

Cowper, Lynette. "Top 7 Claims for Why Homosexuality Is 'Unnatural' Refuted." Above All, Love, Unfundamentalist Christians, 2 Apr. 2014, www.patheos.com/blogs/unfundamentalistchristians/2014/04/top-7-claims-for-same-sex-relationships-being-unnatural/.

CSOM. "The Etiology of Sexual Offending Behavior and Sex Offender Typology: An Overview." Understanding Sex Offenders: An Introductory Curriculum, Center for Sex Offender Management, www.csom.org/train/etiology/4/4_1.htm.  

Cumming, Vivien. "Earth - How Many People Can Our Planet Really Support?" BBC, BBC, 14 Mar. 2016, www.bbc.com/earth/story/20160311-how-many-people-can-our-planet-really-support.

Cumming, Vivien. "Earth - The Real Reasons Why We Have Sex." BBC Earth, BBC, 4 July 2016, www.bbc.com/earth/story/20160704-the-real-reasons-why-we-have-sex.

Denizet-Lewis, Benoit. "Joseph Nicolosi's Life Traced the Rise and Fall of the Ex-Gay Movement." The New York Times, The New York Times, 28 Dec. 2017, www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/12/28/magazine/the-lives-they-lived-joseph-nicolosi.html.  

Dingfelder, Sadie F. "The Kids Are All Right: Research Shows That Families Headed by Gay and Lesbian Parents Are as Healthy as Traditional Families." Monitor on Psychology, American Psychological Association, Dec. 2005, www.apa.org/monitor/dec05/kids.aspx.  

Dovey, Dana. "The Science Of Incest And Why Inbreeding Isn't As Dangerous As It Sounds."Under the Hood, Medical Daily, 11 Feb. 2015, www.medicaldaily.com/kissing-cousins-everything-you-didnt-want-know-about-incest-and-why-inbreeding-isnt-321650.  

Enochs, Elizabeth. What No One Tells You About Oral Sex. Bustle, 20 Apr. 2016, www.bustle.com/articles/136045-13-things-no-one-tells-you-about-oral-sex.  

Ford, Zack. "What Happens When Gay People Are Told That Homosexuality Is A Sin?" Think Progress, 24 June 2016, www.thinkprogress.org/what-happens-when-gay-people-are-told-that-homosexuality-is-a-sin-f2963a84d65b/.

"Frequently Asked Questions about Transgender People." Resources, National Center for Transgender Equality, 9 July 2016, www.transequality.org/issues/resources/frequently-asked-questions-about-transgender-people.  

Genderfluid Support. Gender Master List. www.genderfluidsupport.tumblr.com/gender.  

"Glossary of Terms." TransWhat? A Guide to Allyship, TransWhat?, www.transwhat.org/glossary/.  

Herek, Gregory. "Facts About Homosexuality and Child Molestation." Homosexuality and Mental Health, UC Davis Psychology, 2012, www.psychology.ucdavis.edu/rainbow/html/facts_molestation.html#cameron.  

Herek, Gregory. "Paul Cameron Bio and Fact Sheet." Homosexuality and Mental Health, UC Davis Psychology, 2012, www.psychology.ucdavis.edu/rainbow/html/facts_cameron_sheet.html.  

Herek, Gregory. "Paul Cameron: Introduction." Homosexuality and Mental Health, UC Davis Psychology, 2012, www.psychology.ucdavis.edu/rainbow/html/facts_cameron.html.

Hess, Amanda. "Mythbusting: What Gay Men Really Do In Bed." Lifestyle, GOOD, 21 Oct. 2011, www.good.is/articles/gay-sex-is-not-anal-sex.  

"Homosexual Behavior in Animals." Wikipedia, Wikimedia Foundation, 28 Jan. 2018, www.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexual_behavior_in_animals.

"How Common Is Intersex?" How Common Is Intersex? | Intersex Society of North America, Intersex Society of North America, www.isna.org/faq/frequency.

HRC. Glossary of Terms. Human Rights Campaign, www.hrc.org/resources/glossary-of-terms.  

Kaleem, Jaweed, and Lila Shapiro. "Ex-Gay Christian Groups Will Continue After Exodus As Religious LGBT Support Grows." The Huffington Post, TheHuffingtonPost.com, 21 June 2013, www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/21/ex-gay-christian-exodus-lgbt_n_3475024.html.  

Knapton, Sarah. "Church Is Driving Gay People to Suicide, Warns Christian Charity." The Telegraph, Telegraph Media Group, 10 Feb. 2017, www.telegraph.co.uk/science/2017/02/10/church-driving-gay-people-suicide-warns-christian-charity/

Larsen, et al. "Number of Species Gone Extinct so Far This Year." Species Extinction Facts, The World Counts, 2018, www.theworldcounts.com/counters/degradation_and_destruction_of_ecosystems/species_extinction_facts.

Lee, Adam. "Is Sex for Procreation?" Daylight Atheism, 2 Feb. 2008, www.patheos.com/blogs/daylightatheism/2008/02/is-sex-for-procreation/.

Lenz, Eliza. "10 Incendiary Facts About Incest." Facts, Listverse, 22 May 2014, www.listverse.com/2014/05/22/10-incendiary-facts-about-incest/.  

Levin, Saul. "Homosexuality as a Mental Disorder Simply Not Backed Up by Science." CEO Blog, American Psychological Association, 10 Mar. 2016, www.psychiatry.org/news-room/apa-blogs/apa-blog/2016/03/homosexuality-as-a-mental-disorder-simply-not-backed-up-by-science.  

"List of Animals Displaying Homosexual Behavior." Wikipedia, Wikimedia Foundation, 31 Jan. 2018, www.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_animals_displaying_homosexual_behavior.

Malik, Sarah. "'Hating the Sin' of Homosexuality May Be Causing Serious Harm to People's Mental Health, Researcher Says." ABC News, Australian Broadcasting Corporation, 18 Oct. 2017, www.abc.net.au/news/2017-10-19/anti-gay-religious-prejudice-study-mental-health/9061606.  

Middleton, J. Richard. "Why Christians Don't Need to Be Threatened by Evolution." Faith and Science: Seeking Understanding, BioLogos, 13 July 2016, www.biologos.org/blogs/jim-stump-faith-and-science-seeking-understanding/why-christians-dont-need-to-be-threatened-by-evolution.  

"Myths and Sterotypes." Resources, OUTLineNZ, www.outline.org.nz/myths-and-sterotypes/.  

Naftulin, Julia. "The Most Common Sex Injuries and How to Treat Them." Sex, Health.com, 29 Sept. 2017, www.health.com/sex/common-sex-injuries.  

Pappas, Stephanie. "5 Things You Should Know About Gay Conversion Therapy." Culture, Live Science, 27 Nov. 2012, www.livescience.com/25082-gay-conversion-therapy-facts.html.

Pappas, Stephanie. "Gay Parents Better Than Straight Parents? What Research Shows."Science, The Huffington Post, 16 Jan. 2012, www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/01/16/gay-parents-better-than-straights_n_1208659.html.  

Pepper, Michael Sean, et al. "The Science behind a More Meaningful Understanding of Sexual Orientation." The Conversation, The Conversation, 10 June 2015, www.theconversation.com/the-science-behind-a-more-meaningful-understanding-of-sexual-orientation-42641.

Robinson, Kara Mayer. "10 Surprising Health Benefits of Sex." Health & Sex, WebMD, www.webmd.com/sex-relationships/guide/sex-and-health#1.

Saner, Emine. "Gay Rights around the World: the Best and Worst Countries for Equality." The Guardian, Guardian News and Media, 30 July 2013, www.theguardian.com/world/2013/jul/30/gay-rights-world-best-worst-countries.

Schlatter, Evelyn, and Robert Steinback. "10 Anti-Gay Myths Debunked." Southern Poverty Law Center, SPLC, 27 Feb. 2011, www.splcenter.org/fighting-hate/intelligence-report/2011/10-anti-gay-myths-debunked

Schwartz, Terese Pencak. "The Holocaust: Non-Jewish Victims." Biographies, Jewish Virtual Library, 2012, www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/non-jewish-victims-of-the-holocaust.  

"Sex Activities and Risk." Sexual Health, NHS, 1 June 2016, www.nhs.uk/Livewell/STIs/Pages/Sexualactivitiesandrisk.aspx.  

Sherman, Craig E. "Is Sexual Preference a Choice?" The Huffington Post, TheHuffingtonPost.com, 7 Dec. 2017, www.huffingtonpost.com/craig-e-sherman/is-sexual-preference-a-ch_b_7886894.html.

Shpancer, Noam. "Why Do We Have Sex?" Psychology Today, Sussex Publishers, 16 Apr. 2012, www.psychologytoday.com/blog/insight-therapy/201204/why-do-we-have-sex.

Singal, Jesse. "'Born This Way' Might Not Fully Capture Sexual Orientation." Sexual Orientation, The Cut, 1 Sept. 2016, www.thecut.com/2016/09/with-sexual-orientation-were-not-quite-born-this-way.html.  

SPL Center. "Paul Cameron." Southern Poverty Law Center, www.splcenter.org/fighting-hate/extremist-files/individual/paul-cameron.

"The Problem with the Belief That Child Sexual Abuse Causes Homosexuality/Bisexuality."Parents, Families and Friends of Atlanta's LGBTQ Community, PFLAG Atlanta, 9 Dec. 2011, www.pflagatl.org/the-problem-with-the-belief-that-child-sexual-abuse-causes-homosexuality-bisexuality/

"Three Reasons Gay Guys Are More Likely To Get HIV." Ending HIV, New Zealand AIDS Foundation, 12 Mar. 2018, www.endinghiv.org.nz/blog-events/gay-men-hiv-risk.  

"What Are the Long Term Effects of Childhood Sexual Abuse?" Abramson Smith Waldsmith LLP, www.aswllp.com/Sexual-Molestation-Abuse/What-are-the-Long-Term-Effects-of-Childhood-Sexual-Abuse.shtml.

"What Is Intersex?" What Is Intersex? | Intersex Society of North America, Intersex Society of North America, www.isna.org/faq/what_is_intersex.

Wong, Kelly. "What Does Science Say about Sexuality?" Biology, Cosmos, 14 Nov. 2017, www.cosmosmagazine.com/biology/what-does-science-say-about-sexuality.  

Vann, Madeline R. "7 Healthy Reasons You Should Have Sex - Right Now!" Sexual Health, Everyday Health, 6 Nov. 2017, www.everydayhealth.com/sexual-health/seven-healthy-reasons-to-have-sex-right-now.aspx.

Vigen, Tyler. "15 Insane Things That Correlate With Each Other." Spurious Correlations, www.tylervigen.com/spurious-correlations.  

Other Sources:

"BibleGateway." A Searchable Online Bible in over 150 Versions and 50 Languages, HarperCollins Christian Publishing, 1993, www.biblegateway.com/.

"Bible." Wikipedia, Wikimedia Foundation, 22 May 2018, www.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bible.  

Holy Bible: New Living Translation. 2nd ed., Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., 2007.

Keith, Kent M. "The Paradoxical Commandments for Christians." ANYWAY, 2001, www.paradoxicalchristians.com/.  

Keith, Kent M. "The Universal Moral Code." The Universal Moral Code, 2003, www.universalmoralcode.com/.  

Unnatural. Merriam-Webster, www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/unnatural.

In the News: June 2018:

Benner, Katie. "Federal Prisons Roll Back Rules Protecting Transgender People." The New York Times, The New York Times Company, 11 May 2018, www.nytimes.com/2018/05/11/us/politics/justice-department-transgender-inmates-crime-victims.html.

Chichizola, Corey. "Marvel Will Feature 2 LGBT Characters In The Near Future." CINEMABLEND, Gateway Blend Entertainment, 26 June 2018, www.cinemablend.com/news/2441029/marvel-will-feature-2-lgbt-characters-in-the-near-future.

Davis, Wendy. "States May Scrap Marriage Licenses as Counties Resist Same-Sex Ruling." ABA Journal, American Bar Association, July 2018, www.abajournal.com/magazine/article/alabama_marriage_affadavit_obergefell.

Holden, Dominic. "We Made A List Of All The Anti-LGBT Stuff Trump Has Done As President." BuzzFeed, BuzzFeed, 30 June 2018, www.buzzfeed.com/dominicholden/trump-lgbt-anti-actions-administration-pride-month.

Holt, Jared. "On Anniversary Of Obergefell, Anti-LGBTQ Activists Demand Public Officials Defy Supreme Court." Right Wing Watch, People for the American Way, 26 June 2018, www.rightwingwatch.org/post/on-anniversary-of-obergefell-anti-lgbtq-activists-demand-public-officials-defy-supreme-court/.

Kheel, Rebecca. "Judge Again Blocks Transgender Military Ban from Taking Effect." TheHill, News Communications, Inc., 15 June 2018, www.thehill.com/policy/defense/392556-judge-again-blocks-transgender-military-ban-from-taking-effect.

Lazarová, Daniela. "Government Backs Same-Sex Marriage Bill, but Decisive Battle Looms in Parliament." Radio Prague, Czech Radio, 25 June 2018, www.radio.cz/en/section/curraffrs/government-backs-same-sex-marriage-bill-but-decisive-battle-looms-in-parliament.

McGann, Hilary. "Russia 2018: LGBT Members Face 'Significant Risk' at World Cup." CNN, Cable News Network, 8 June 2018, www.cnn.com/2018/06/08/football/uk-foreign-office-warns-of-russia-danger-ahead-of-world-cup/index.html.

Miller, Susan. "3 Years after Same-Sex Marriage Ruling, Protections for LGBT Families Undermined." USA Today, Gannett Satellite Information Network, 4 June 2018, www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2018/06/04/same-sex-marriage-ruling-undermined-gay-parents/650112002/.

Paul, Kari. "Why 50% of LGBT Americans Are in the Closet at Work." MarketWatch, MarketWatch Inc., 27 June 2018, www.marketwatch.com/story/half-of-lgbtq-americans-are-not-out-to-co-workers-2018-06-27.

Pickman, Ben, and Brandon Griggs. "The World Health Organization Will Stop Classifying Transgender People as Mentally Ill." CNN, Cable News Network, 20 June 2018, www.cnn.com/2018/06/20/health/transgender-people-no-longer-considered-mentally-ill-trnd/index.html.

Scott, Eugene. "Jared Polis's Win Expands the List of LGBT Candidates Winning Primaries." The Washington Post, WP Company, 27 June 2018, www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2018/06/27/jared-poliss-win-expands-the-list-of-lgbt-candidates-winning-primaries/?utm_term=.ca78a3396bf3.

Siu, Jasmine. "Libraries' Move to Hide Children's Books with LGBT Themes Challenged." South China Morning Post, South China Morning Post Publishers Ltd., 26 June 2018, www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/hong-kong-law-and-crime/article/2152612/libraries-decision-hide-childrens-books-lgbt.

Totenberg, Nina. "In Narrow Opinion, Supreme Court Rules For Baker In Gay-Rights Case." NPR, National Public Radio, 4 June 2018, www.npr.org/2018/06/04/605003519/supreme-court-decides-in-favor-of-baker-over-same-sex-couple-in-cake-shop-case.

Zhang, Karen. "LGBT-Themed Children's Books Taken off Library Shelves in Hong Kong." South China Morning Post, South China Morning Post Publishers Ltd, 20 June 2018, www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/community/article/2151705/and-tango-makes-three-among-10-childrens-books-same-sex.

In the News: July 2018:

Allen, Samantha. "These Businesses Don't Want Your Money If You're LGBT, Married or Not." The Daily Beast, The Daily Beast Company, 14 July 2018, www.thedailybeast.com/these-businesses-dont-want-your-money-if-youre-lgbt-married-or-not.

Braidwood, Ella. "Hong Kong's Public Libraries 'U-Turn' on Anti-LGBT+ Kids' Books Ban after Uproar." PinkNews, PinkNews, 28 July 2018, www.pinknews.co.uk/2018/07/28/hong-kong-public-libraries-reverse-anti-lgbt-book-ban/.

Chapple, Amos. "Hidden In Plain Sight: LGBT Activists Troll Russia's World Cup." RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty, RFE/RL Inc., 9 July 2018, www.rferl.org/a/gay-rights-activists-display-stealthy-rainbow-flag-in-russia-during-world-cup/29352938.html.

Egelko, Bob. "Court Ruling: Trump Ban on Transgender Military Service Still on Hold." San Francisco Chronicle, Hearst Newspapers, 18 July 2018, www.sfchronicle.com/lgbt/article/Trump-ban-on-transgender-military-service-blocked-13086811.php.

LeBlanc, Beth. "LGBT Bias Probes to Continue, State Rights Panel Decides." Detroit News, Digital First Media, 23 July 2018, www.detroitnews.com/story/news/local/michigan/2018/07/23/michigan-agency-disregards-schuette-gay-discrimination/821910002/.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

337 3 11
"Cleanse me oh lord from the sins of my past and baptise my soul for my past is here to haunt me" Pastor John who happenes to be HIV positive was a...
39.6K 2.8K 62
Marrying a straight person isn't good at all. But falling in love with a straight person is it wrong? Having crush on him for several years is it a c...
670 101 37
The world was full of trouble. Full of confusion and a catastrophic dilemma. One couldn't imagine at what destructive measure it would disintegrate i...
17.3K 829 46
Life, with all it's splendor. Life, with all it's hardness. Life owes us nothing and it takes what is given in the end. These are the hard truth's. ...