Lost Stars

By IamLili123

While others already find themselves like a constellations, we remain as lost stars trying to light up our ow... More

Lost Stars
Story Aesthetics
Covers
Prologue+Epigraph
Chapter 1 | Midnight Youth
Chapter 2 | Cold
Chapter 3 | Into Your Abyss
Chapter 4 | Silence and Facade
Chapter 5 | Adorably Annoying
Chapter 6 | Antipatiko
Chapter 7 | Teenage Dirtbags
Chapter 8 | Isn't She Lovely?
Chapter 9 | Late Night Conversation
Chapter 10 | Holes In His Heart
Chapter 11 | The Art Of Faking It
Chapter 12 | Pretentious Artist
Chapter 13 | Trust Issues
Chapter 14 | Something Else
Chapter 15 | Ice Cream
Chapter 16 | Too Good To Be Bad
Chapter 17 | Fire
Chapter 18 | Fall Out
Chapter 19 | Sunshine
Chapter 20 | A Delinquent In Distress
Chapter 21 | Troubled Monster
Chapter 22 | So Let's Just Laugh Again
Chapter 23 | Can I Hug You?
Chapter 24 | So You're Like A Bad Boy?
Chapter 25 | Welcome To My Life
Chapter 26 | Misery At Its Finest
Chapter 27 | No One Dies Virgin
Chapter 28 | Hey Angel
Chapter 29 | Run Away
Chapter 30 | Hashtag Finding Liam
Chapter 31 | Iridescent
Chapter 32 | Good In Me
Chapter 33 | Her Magnetic Pull
Chapter 34 | Sober
Chapter 36 | Life's Full Of Surprises
Chapter 37 | My Independence
Chapter 38 | After
Chapter 39 | What Best Friends Are For
Chapter 40 | She
Chapter 41 | Void
Chapter 42 | Taking Chances
Chapter 43 | Crazy
Chapter 44 | Home
Chapter 45 | Idiocy Level: Liam
Chapter 46 | Spaces Between Us
Chapter 47 | Moms Don't Buy Shit
Chapter 48 | Delirium
Chapter 49 | Moment
Chapter 50 | Father and Son
Chapter 51 | Beauty and Chaos
Chapter 52 | Let's Laugh and Love
Chapter 53 | Written In The Stars
Chapter 54 | Endgame
Chapter 55 | All Is Broken
Chapter 56 | Goner
Chapter 57 | Melodrama
Chapter 58 | Begin Again
Chapter 59 | Definitely Not Goodbye
Chapter 60 | The Rest Of Us
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter #1

Chapter 35 | Bottom Line

25 2 0
By IamLili123

Chapter 35 | Bottom Line

"I like living. I have sometimes been wildly, despairingly, acutely miserable, racked with sorrow; but through it all I still know quite certainly that just to be alive is a grand thing.” 
-Agatha Christie

•••

Liam's Pov

Her kiss was gentle, nervous and unsure. I move my hands to her waist under the water and pull her closer. I swipe my tongue over her lower lips to part it. Before I deepened the kiss, she parted away to breath. I feel the urge to kiss her again, but I stop myself from doing so. We are both slightly panting. Her face was in a deep shade of red. Her lips was slightly swollen.

"S-sorry." She said stuttering, slowly removing her hands on my neck. Inalis ko 'yun kamay ko sa waist niya, and hold both of her hands.

"Why?" I asked, looking straight into her brown eyes. Hindi siya maka tingin ng deretso sa akin.

"For stopping? Ewan."

Binitiwan ko na 'yung kamay niya, licking my lip ring and running hand on my damp hair.

"It's... it's fine, it's just a kiss, it's nothing, people kiss all the time." I said defending myself. But fuck, who am I kidding?

"Specially you, you do this all the time." Tiffany said, eyes are watering. I don't kung dahil sa tubig or it's something else. I don't fucking know.

I didn't have the urge to argue or defend my self again. Because it's true, she's right and for the record, I feel like an idiot telling her that.

She swim her way towards the land, as I watch her. Her clothes are so damp, that made the curves on her body show. Umahon na din ako, grabbing my shirt and following Tiffany.

Naka balik kami sa bahay nila tatay Banjo na tahimik, no one dared talking. The touch and the taste of her kiss was still lingering from my mouth as I take a bath.

Dahil wala na akong extra na damit, pumunta na lang ako ako sa kwarto nila tatay Banjo to borrow a shirt and a blue and black plaid tokong. I'm sure he wouldn't mind.

I looked up from the knock on the door of the room I'm staying at. Tiffany was standing outside my door, still on the same clothing.

"May extra ka bang damit?" Medyo mahina niyang sabi. I slap myself mentally for staring at her like an idiot, and grab my hoodie. Tumayo ako sa kina uupuan ko and walk towards her.

"Here," Sabi ko, sabay abot ng hoodie ko.

"Thank you," She said, forcing a smile. She grab my hoodie, making her way downstairs, to the bathroom for sure.

Bumaba na din ako and stayed in the living room, watching some random show in the television, besides ang init sa labas. Tanghaling tapat kaya and we are in fucking Philippines.

Mamaya-maya lumabas na ng banyo si Tiffany, wearing my hoodie and her worn out jeans. My hoodie is way to big for her, but I fucking feel flutter seeing her in it and I don't know why.

She tugs down the hem of my hoodie, walking upstairs not saying a word to me or even dare to look at me. Fuck.

Sighing, I turned off the television and lay on the couch. Matutulog na lang ako. Besides, I fell sleepy for waking up so damn early. Na gising ako, to see it's already past four. The booths set up outside was probably now open. I went upstairs para yayain si Tiffany. But would she go with me?

Pag dating ko kwarto niya, she was laying on her bed, scrolling and starring at her phone.

"Hey," I greeted. She look up from her phone to me. Bumangon din siya.

"Hi." She awkwardly greeted back.

"Can we please not make this awkward?" I said sighing. Hindi siya sumagot. "I.. I'm sorry for being an ass hole because of what I said."

"Okay."

"May mga booth sa labas, I was thinking if you want to, you know..." I trail, not sure of what I'm saying. The fuck, wala sa vocabulary mo ang awkward, Liam.

Tumayo siya at binulsa 'yung phone niya. She tied her hair into a messy bun and smiled at me.

"I'll take that as a yes." Naka ngiti kong sabi that made her chuckle slightly.

Pumunta kami sa mga booths na tahimik pa din. Atleast now it's a comfortable silence. The whole place looks like a mini carnival because of the booths and the decorations.

The first booth we tried was that thing kung saan kailangan mong mapa taob 'yung mag kakapatong na lata, using a ball. I don't know what it's called. The prizes looks decent, atleast it's not a fucking stash or peanut butter.

Si Tiffany ang unang nag laro, pero ni isa wala siyang latang napa taob, that's why she's kinda upset dahil gusto niya 'yung panda bear na stuffed toy.

It's my turn to play. I didn't waste the three balls and hit all the cans. Tiffany clapped and cheered that made me chuckle. Pina pili na ako ng bantay ng prize and I choose the panda. Gusto ko sana 'yung penguin e. Pag abot sa akin ng panda, inabot ko naman kay Tiffany.

"For you." I said winking. Kinuha naman niya 'yun with a smile, hugging the panda and thanking me. I wish I was that fucking panda.

We literally tried all the booths, laughing and teasing through out. We ate different kinds of food na tinda sa mga food stalls. Hindi na namin na malayan that the sun was already out.

Pumunta kami sa labas ng pub, where mostly everyone was gathering. There was a music playing from the speaker, the villagers was drinking, dancing and having fun. Umupo kami sa stair steps ng pub, watching the people.

"Did you have fun?" Tanong ko kay Tiffany. She smiled at me, nodding. Then she rest her head on my shoulder, hugging her panda.

"Did you ever regret coming with me?"

"Growing up with a strict and over protective father is kinda hard you know, bawal ganito, bawal ganiyan, hindi sa nag rereklamo ako, alam kong concerned lang siya. It's just that, I realized when I ran away with you, I'm missing life and I honestly feel free, without worrying someone will I can't and I suppose not to, kahit gusto ko. So no, I don't, I'm thankful." I found myself smiling at her confession.

"And I'm glad you came with me." I admitted, kissing the top of her head.

We stayed silent, as the music turns into a slow song. Sila by Sud was playing. I remembered, because it was Ace's fucking favorite song. Some of the couple start swaying at the tune as we watch them.

"You wanna dance?" Naka ngiting tanong ni Tiffany. I chuckled as we stood up. Tinabi niya muna 'yun panda niya.

I held her hand and walk in the middle. She put her hands on my shoulders and my hands on her waist. Then we started swaying along the music.

"Walang sagot sa tanong, kung bakit ka mahalaga
Walang papantay sa'yo
Walang sagot sa tanong, kung bakit ka mahalaga
Walang papantay sa'yo maging sino man sila."

She placed her head on my chest, and I pull her closer, wrapping my arms on her waist, still swaying. She probably can hear how fast my heart beat was right now. What the fuck is wrong with me?

As the song ended, there was a fire works. So damn cliché. Everyone, stopped to look up at the colors blasting in the sky. Tiffany and I stayed in this position, while watching the fire works.

"Liam, anak pasensya na sa istorbo." Sabi ni tatay Banjo sa amin. Tiffany parted, but I rest my hand on the bottom of her spine.

"May nag hahanap sa inyo." He said, in a worried tone, kaya medyo kinabahan ako. Parang alam ko na kasi kung sino 'yung tinutukoy ni tatay Banjo.

Sinundan namin si tatay Banjo, papunta sa bahay nila. Pag dating ko doon, tama nga 'yung hinala ko. Outside of tatay Banjo's house stood, my father, my brother and surprisingly my mother. Nandoon din 'yung magulang ni Tiffany at kuya nila. Kasama naman ng kambal niya si Sandrew at Ace.

Fucking great.

Instinctively, I grab Tiffany's hands, intertwining our fingers. Susugudin na sana ako ng tatay ni Tiffany, nang agad siyang harangan siya ni Dad.

"You wouldn't dare hitting my son, even though you're a fucking police officer." Pag babanta ni Daddy, I'm actually surprised for him cursing. I feel proud of my old man.

The two men glared at each other. Hinatak naman ng kuya ni Tiffany siya, away from me. Agad naman siyang ni yakap ng mama at kambal niya.

"Aalis na tayo." Galit na sabi ng papa ni Tiffany, glaring again at my dad and me.

"You stay away, from my daughter." He firmly said to me, before walking his way to his family.

"Wait lang, papa 'yung gamit k---" Tiffany protested, but cut off by his brother who says that her stuff are already on the car. She look at me, with the mix of worry and sadness expressing her beautiful face. I force a smile on her, before her family drag her away. Nag pa alam din muna 'yung kuya ni Tiffany kay Clyde.

"We are going too." Dad said.

"No. Hindi ako sasama sa inyo, I don't wanna go to that fucking home rehab!" Inis kong sabi, glaring at him.

"We are going home." Kalmadong sabi ni Dad. My frown disappear on what he just said.

"As in, hindi niyo na ako papa-rehab?" I unsurely ask.

"Yes, as in. If you only promise not to run off again." Dad confirm.

"Fine." I smirk, then I shift my gaze to Joan who looks at me with worry, but she didn't dared to come near me. Then I shift my gaze to my two so called friends, I glared at them.

Sinabihan ko na sina Dad na mauna na sa kotse. Binigay na din sa akin ni tatay Banjo 'yung gamit ko. Nag pa alam na din sila mag asawa sa akin. I hug them both, thanking them as they told me, I can come over any time that I wanted.

Ni lapitan ko naman 'yung dalawang kupal.

"Kayo? Ano naman ginagawa niyo dito? Naki hanap din ba kayo? What part of hindi ko na kayo kailangan ang hindi niyo na intindihan?" Inis kong tanong. Ace snort, shaking his head.

"Actually we didn't came here to look for you too, we came along the way here just to laugh at your sorry ass!" He spit and I was caught off guard. I wasn't expecting it from him, from specially Ace. Na natili namang tahimik si Sandrew. Na pansin ko din that they are both tired and sleepless.

I bite my lower lip, glaring at him, my jaw was tensed and I was forming my fist. Na kita naman ni Ace that I was  clenching my fist.

"You wanna hit me? Go on and fucking hit me!" Sigaw ni Ace, kaya lalo ng kumulo dugo ko. I raised my fist, agad naman puma gitna si Sandrew pushing Ace away.

"Umalis na lang tayo." Mahina na sabi ni Sandrew kay Ace. One last glare from Ace, umalis na sila.

The nerves of those fucking douchebags! Sila na nga 'tong may mga atraso sa akin, sila pa malakas ang loob to came here just to pissed me more. But I don't know, part of me tells that Ace was just lying. But whatever it is, I don't care, I don't fucking care.

I made my way out of the village. I walk towards my dad's car, and opened the backseat door. I sat beside Clyde on the left side and dad started driving.

The whole drive was filled with silence. No one dared to talk or say anything, maybe scared of saying something that'll trigger me again. It's in my favor though. The last thing I wanted tonight is them pissing the fuck out of me with their words of wisdom.

Sinandal ko 'yung ulo ko sa may bintana, looking outside. My mind filled with everything that happened in the past two days with Tiffany, and my thoughts trail off over Tiffany hanggang sa maka dating na kami sa mansyon. As I realized I'm back in the real world, back in reality.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

109K 4.6K 53
The Madrid-Esquival siblings Nora, Fort, and Ansel, find love through their phones...and go from there. *** Nora's crush on her older brother's teamm...
2.8M 53.9K 31
Si crush ang gusto ko pero girlfriend niya ang nakuha ko. She's a monster. A beautiful monster, my own Monteclaro. NOTE: THIS STORY IS ALREADY COMPLE...
169M 5.5M 67
A place where everything is mysterious, enchanting, bloody, and shitty. Entering is the other way of suicidal. Just one wrong move and everything wil...
1.1M 26.2K 38
Apple, a school journalist who is tasked to get an interview with with the tennis player who recently won a competition- August. She thought that it...