Old Friends, New Beginnings |...

By mayaxwriter

PETER PARKER FANFIC **** Peter Parker has been your best friend since you were young and you both are crushe... More

Part 1 - Kids (Prologue)
Part 2 - Back to Queens
Part 3 - Hey Parker...
Part 4 - Just Friends...
Part 5 - Spider-Boy
Part 6 - Web Fluid
Part 7 - Night Talk
Part 8 - Homecoming Tears
Part 9 - Cloud Nine
Part 10 - Homecoming Game
Part 11 - Dinner Butterflies
Part 12 - "You look perfect tonight"
Part 13 - Airport Meetings
Part 14 - Just Leave...
Part 15 - I Missed You
Part 16 - Gemini
Part 17 - Tony Stark
Part 18 - Mind Messages
Part 19 - Elise
Part 20 - The Gift
Part 21 - Burns
Part 22 - Partners
Part 23 - Banks and Secrets
Part 24 - The New Guy
Part 25 - Birthday Surprises (Part 1)
Part 26 - Birthday Surprises (Part 2)
Part 28 - Goodbyes and Lies
Part 29 - Drunk from Love
Part 30 - Forget
Part 31 - Ember
Part 32 - Thoughts
Part 33 - Confession
Part 34 - Back Again
Part 35 - Work Lies
Part 36 - Dad
Part 37 - Dinner
Part 38 - Discovery
Part 39 - Consequences
Part 40 - Delmar's
Part 41 - Job Offer
Part 42 - Bottom Bunk
Part 43 - The Ticket
Part 44 - The Call
Part 45 - MJ
Part 46 - Explanation
Part 47 - A Walk
Part 48 - After School
Part 49 - Mom
Part 50 - Reassurance
Part 51 - Meeting
Part 52 - Hero Talks
Part 53 - Safe
Part 54 - Dress
Part 55 - The Last Night
Author's Note & Sequel Tease

Part 27 - Questions

5.7K 179 211
By mayaxwriter

After the long reunion with Peter, we all sat down together and talked and ate ice cream. Ned and Peter talked and caught up with each other on what they each did the past two days. Peter, of course, was very quiet when explaining his stories. 

Michelle was talking to the woman sitting at the table across from us, somehow she managed to start a conversation about the government and things they are hiding from us. 

Elise, Liam, and I all were talking about school. Elise asked Liam many questions about himself. He tried his best to answer calmly since he was being lightly interrogated. 

Peter turns away from Ned and looks at me, "Tony was wondering how you were doing," He whispers. 

I tried to act like I didn't know why, "What for?" 

"I don't know, I'm guessing your powers," He shrugs, "He was also wondering if you would call him or something. 

I nod my head as he turns back to Ned. I slip my phone out of my pocket and call Tony. 

The line rings and he answers, "Gemini, so nice to hear from you, how's your birthday going?" 

"Uh, it's great. I'm really glad that Peter is here," 

"Underoos is glad to be with you too," He pauses, "OK now to business," 

I sigh as I listen, "There's word that someone is selling weapons, powerful ones." 

"OK, and?" I ask with an attitude. 

"Don't sass me, this is important, I need you and Peter to watch out for these people." 

"And what if we encounter them," I respond.

"Well, don't do anything I would do, and don't do anything I wouldn't do." 

"That totally helps," 

"It always does," He hangs up and I start to walk over back to our table.

The small TV on the wall of the ice cream place was turned on and it was on a channel with world news. I turned my gaze to the TV as I hear Elise asked Liam many more questions. 

"Everyone in Queens is extremely grateful to their local crime stoppers, Spider-Man and Gemini!" I smile to myself as I watch the reporter continue to talk about me and Peter. 

"There is a lot of information about Spider-Man, but little on his partner, Gemini. So who is this mysterious Gemini?" Out of the corner of my eye, I see Elise's head turn towards the TV, Liam's gaze following shortly after. 

"Gemini has sure done a lot of hard work with Spider-Man to keep Queens safe and out of danger. Based on information collected by witnesses, police, and anonymous tippers we are able to understand the powers that Gemini has." I look back to Peter who is still talking to Ned. I was going to get his attention but decided not to. 

"Gemini is able to use the power of telekinesis which is the ability to control items with her mind. She is also able to send messages with her mind, and create a fireball with her hand and throw it. Although her age is not known, many people suspect she is young and possibly not even out of high school. This is Mari Carlson, CNN." The reporter finishes up just as another reporter takes the screen discussing different types of soap products that may be dangerous for the audience. 

"Man, that Gemini is so cool," Liam speaks up. My head whips around back to him. 

"You really think so?" I ask calmly. 

"Well, yeah. I mean she's super bad ass and nice-" 

"Wait wait wait," Elise stops him mid-sentence, "When did you ever meet her?" She eyes me before returning her gaze back to Liam. 

"I work at the bank down on third street, she kind of saved my life, along with Spider-Man," Hearing the name Spider-Man is enough to grab Peter's attention. He turns away from Ned and begins to listen to Liam. 

"I mean they were both super nice and everything, but Gemini talked to me and I don't know, it was interesting and easy talking to her. Just like how it's interesting and easy talking to Y/N," Liam says softly. 

I blush and Peter puts his arm around my shoulder as if to claim me as his own. I blush and lean my head into the crook of his neck and lay there.

We all started to talk together, but I could feel that Peter was a little unsure about Liam.  

Peter kisses my forehead and my eyelids grow heavier and heavier until they softly close and I drift off to sleep. 

I wake up to the noise of a loud TV. I open my eyes and find myself being carried through my house by Peter. 

"What? Peter, what are you doing?" I ask. 

He gives a small laugh and looks down at me in his arms, "You fell asleep at the ice cream place, we didn't want to wake you so we just decided that I would take you home. The rest stayed there for a little bit." 

"Peter you didn't have to take me home," I sigh. 

"Y/N, some little girl dropped her ice cream and screamed and you didn't wake up, you obviously needed sleep." 

Peter walks up the stairs with me in his arm. He turns the corner and makes his way into my room. He softly sets me down on the bed and removes my shoes and socks.

I look at his face and study it, he had a couple of scratches and bruises but nothing extreme. 

"I missed you, Parker." I smile up at him. 

"I missed you too," He replies. 

He sits there looking at me while I lay there looking back at him. I stare into his eyes that make me melt every time I see them, lights up my world every time he laughs and makes me just want to hold him forever, each time we meet.

"Y/N, can I ask you something?" Peter hesitantly asks. 

"Of course, what's up?" I sit up in my bed to pay closer attention to him. 

"Does Liam like you?" He slowly asks putting emphasis on every word. 

I giggle, "No of course not, why?" 

"I mean, just the way he looks at you, and talks to you, and talks about you, it just seems like he does." He shifts his eyes from me to his jeans. 

"Peter, are you jealous?" I ask trying to hold back a giggle. 

"What? No, of course not." He tries to play off his response casually and cool. 

"Why would you be worried? Even if he did like me, which he doesn't, I wouldn't like him back. My heart only wants you." 

"I just don't want to lose you. You know? Cause you're so amazing and beautiful. You're the best girlfriend ever and I just couldn't risk losing you." He rambles. 

"Why would you ever lose me?" I move closer to him. 

"Cause Liam is all cool, and chill, the type of guy girls like. And then I'm nerdy and geeky, the type of guy girls like to do their homework for them," Peter blushes. 

I pull him into a long and deep kiss, "You're not just a nerd and geek. You're an amazing boyfriend and I wouldn't trade our relationship for anything in this world." I look him in the eyes. 

"I love you Y/N" He stares back into my eyes. 

"I love you too, Peter." We lean in and kiss again. 

He gets up off the bed and walks to the door, "try and get some sleep now," he tells me. 

"I will I promise," my face is covered with a huge smile. 

He gives me one last little glance before disappearing out the door. 

I lay back on my bed and cover myself with the sheet covers. and fall asleep. 

After about a half hour I hear Elise come into my room. I slowly get up and look at her, "Hey," I say.

She looks at me and frowns, "I was trying not to wake you up," 

I laugh, "It's fine." She makes her way around my room picking things up and throwing them into her suitcase. 

I wake up a little more, "I forgot, you're leaving tomorrow." 

"Yeah, I wish I could stay, but break ends in a couple of days." 

I smile as I watch her pack her stuff, we talk while she packs and I lose track of time. 

"Oh gosh, it's almost midnight, we should get to bed you can finish packing tomorrow," 

She nods and we both climb into bed. Me in my bed, and Elise on the air mattress. 

"I'll see you tomorrow Elise," I reach over and turn off my lamp. 

"See you," 

I get back up and turn on the lights, "Elise, do you think Liam likes me?" 

"I've got to be honest, it does seem like it." She doesn't get up but I know she's smiling. 

"Peter is convinced he does," 

She now gets up and looks at me, "You and Peter are perfect, he shouldn't get worried. Trust me." 

I smile to myself and reach over to turn the light off again. I bundle myself up in the covers and once again fall asleep. 

-

-

-

-

A/N: Thank you guys for reading this chapter, I hope you all liked it! It was a filler chapter to just move the story along a little more. My goal is to have a total of 45 chapters. I have the rest of the story planned out I just need to put it all into words. Yes, there will be more drama between you and Peter, but come on, what good story doesn't have drama? Thank you guys all for all the support and nice comments on my story. Please continue to comment it gives me the motivation to write. Love you all, 

~ MJ xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

48.5K 874 26
Our love might be dangerous, but it's worth sacrificing for... Imagine a life, where you are the Billionaire, Tony Stark's Daughter, A superhero cal...
4.8K 97 10
⚠️ DISCONTINUED AS OF 8-29-2021⚠️ (May pick it back up later on but most likely not) You were just a normal girl who did everything with your best fr...
39.8K 1.1K 37
Y/N Y/L/N and Peter Parker are the best of friends, the pair being inseparable throughout high school. Until one day, everything goes wrong. Five yea...
220 0 16
Fem Y/N x Peter Parker Fanfiction Everything Y/N has in life, she has worked her ass off to achieve. Well, almost everything. She studied hard to get...