Forbidden / Shayne Topp

By thegoddessoftragedy

Veronica Cruz has been dating Smosh's one and only Anthony Padilla for over two years, but for the past few m... More

Introduction
One: Unhappiness
Two: Shayne Topp
Three: The Party
Four: The Call
Five: Another Talk
Six: Family Time
Seven: Confrontation
Eight: More Witnesses
Ten: Betrayal
Eleven: Sorrows
Twelve: Choices
Thirteen: Second Encounter
Fourteen: The Real Talk
Fifteen: Similarities
Sixteen: Decisions
Seventeen: Lectures
Eighteen: Jealousy
Nineteen: Insanity
Twenty: The Meeting
Twenty One: Then and Now
Twenty Two: Waiting
Twenty Three: Visitors
Twenty Four: After Dinner
Twenty Five: Feelings
Twenty Six: A Daddy's Girl
Twenty Seven: Discretion
Twenty Eight: The Picture
Twenty Nine: The Gathering
Thirty: The Video
Thirty One: A Beauty Mark
Thirty Two: Guilt
Thirty Three: Questions and Answers
Thirty Four: A Break?
Thirty Five: The Morning After
Thirty Six: The Set Up
Thirty Seven: Goodbyes
Thirty Eight: Shattering
Thirty Nine: Numbness
Forty: No Blessing
Forty One: Forgiven
Forty Two: Official
Forty Three: Packing
Forty Four: Bad Surprises
Forty Five: Reuniting
Forty Six: The Big Talk
Forty Seven: Sticking Together
Forty Eight: The House
Forty Nine: Departure
Fifty: The Book
Authors Note
*Bonus Chapter*

Nine: Broken Hearts

1K 25 3
By thegoddessoftragedy

Anthony

"Olivia, what's up?" I asked her as she pulled me away from talking to Ian. Ian was still looking over at us as if he knew what she wanted to talk to me about, but I didn't think much of it. "I was trying to talk to Ian abo-"

"How are you and Veronica, Anthony?" she asked me.

"We're good," I replied. "Great actually. Where is this coming from, Liv?"

"I was just wondering. She's just been kind of shady lately," she stated. Damien was standing a few feet away from us and started walking away. "How was the party Friday night? It's such a shame I wasn't able to go."

"It was okay," I admitted. "I only wish I hadn't drank much because I threw up on Veronica when she was taking me home." Olivia nodded as if she didn't care, but I didn't understand why she would ask me this stuff if she didn't care.

"Aww, you think you ruined her night?" Olivia asked.

"I don't think so," I replied. "I don't think she was having a good time that night, but then again, I don't know where she went." Olivia grinned and I started thinking about what she said moments before her questions. "What did you mean about her being shady?"

"So you had no idea where she was at all?" she asked me as she avoided the question.

"No, I didn't. Olivia..."

"I've also heard that Shayne was at that party Friday night as well," she continued to say. "Any idea where he was that night?"

"Where are you going with..."

"And I'm pretty sure Shayne was just talking about it with Damien today how much fun he was having that night."

"Olivia!" I yelled out. "What are you trying to say?"

"Isn't it obvious?" she asked me. "She was with Shayne that night on the dance floor."

"Yeah right. Why would she..."

And then it hit me. The reason why I started drinking more that night.

Veronica

"What do you mean she ratted us out?" Shayne asked him. My heart started instantly racing and I was finding it very hard to breathe.

"When I was last with them, she was asking Anthony about Veronica and their relationship," Damien replied. Damien was becoming a great friend, but as much as I knew it was because he was looking out for Shayne, I knew a part of him was looking out for me too. "It took me a while to find you guys so I would hurry fast."

Since it was a reaction, I ran out of the room and Damien moved right past me. Shayne was trying to catch up with me which wasn't hard since I was wearing heels and when I found those two, Shayne and I both paused. "Fuck," I whispered to Shayne.

"We're too late," he said. Anthony's face was in pure shock and I could tell he was about to start nervously laughing. Shayne started to back away, but Anthony looked away from Olivia and made dead eye contact with us.

"Veronica! My beautiful and amazing girlfriend!" He yelled out. "Come over here and you too, Shayne!"

"I gotta go do a..."

Anthony started just walking over instead and Olivia stood there with her arms crossed and the biggest grin on her face. That fucking... "It's fine, I'll just walk over here to you both," he said to us. Shayne and I were still standing side by side, and Anthony started nervously chuckling. "I mean, I shouldn't be surprised to see you two near each other since obviously you were with each other Friday night."

"Ant, I wanted to te-"

"You and I will talk later," Anthony interrupted me to say. "And last night, you really tried to make me feel bad for an argument I created with you because I was jealous. I wonder why I was jealous because you pulled a fucking stunt like this."

"This isn't on her, Anthony," Shayne said to him. "I'm the..."

"I wasn't done talking to her, Shayne," Anthony said.

"So instead of talking later, like you just said, you're gonna talk now and start a huge argument at work for everyone to hear? She danced with me, so what?" Shayne asked. Anthony was getting angrier by the second. "Sorry that her boyfriend would rather get drunk at a party than actually being around his girlfriend."

Anthony instantly pushed him and I gasped aloud, but I put my hand on Anthony from getting any closer to Shayne. "You just love running your mouth, Shayne. That's all you've been good for."

"I'm apparently good at having a good time with your girlfriend on the dance floor as well," Shayne stated. Anthony went forward, but I put both hands on his chest, and Ian and Damien came up to push Shayne back. "Sorry for admitting the truth, Anthony. Maybe if you stopped trying to run away from an argument, maybe Veronica wouldn't need to grind her ass on another man."

"Shayne, stop!" I yelled towards him.

"God, you just act like you're such a ladies man just because one girl decided to put her ass on you," Anthony said to him.

"Good comeback, Anthony," he said. "I'll remember that next time I put my hands on Ronnie's hips and pull her closer to my..."

Anthony went to push past me, but I started pushing him back and I could hear Shayne starting to struggle.

"Fuck you, Shayne," Anthony yelled out.

"Both of you, stop!" I yelled.

"Tell me, Anthony," Shayne said as he pushed Ian and Damien off of him. He slowly started walking up and I was standing in the middle of both of them. "How do you sleep at night knowing that your relationship is dying because of you?"

"Shayne, fuck off," I finally said.

"How does it feel to be one of the biggest douche bags here? How does it feel that you're proud of yourself just because you got to dance with my girlfriend?" Anthony asked him.

"I think the real question is how does it feel that you're losing your girlfriend to a guy who knows how to make her happy?" Shayne asked. I pushed Shayne and he started backing away.

"I can't look at either of you right now," Anthony said to us. He pushed my arm off of him and starting walking away. "Do the shoot without me." I pushed past Shayne and started chasing after Anthony. I didn't want this to happen to us. Why did Olivia hate me this much?

"Ant, wait!" I called out. He kept walking fast downstairs where I had to finally take my heels off and carry them the rest of the way down. When he made it outside and started walking to his car, I grabbed his arm and he yanked it back, but still turned towards me. "Anthony..."

"I told you, Veronica. I told you what my dream was and you still didn't have the heart to tell me the truth. How could you do that to me?" Anthony asked me.

I could feel tears in my eyes forming and see the tears in his eyes. "Anthony.."

"I'm sorry, I can't talk to you right now," he said to me. "I'm disappointed in you. The fact you just jeopardized our relationship like that just because you aren't happy." He turned away from me and walked to his car. My heart really hurt after he said that. I watched as he drove off and let a single tear go down my face.

"Veronica," a voice said behind me. I closed my eyes and tried to hold my anger back. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have..."

I turned around and pushed Shayne back. "Have you gone completely mad?" I asked him. "What the fuck is wrong with you?"

"I defended you!"

"You defended me for a second and then kept making it seem like it was a competition!"

"You're the one that said..."

"I know I'm not happy with my relationship right now, but you have no fucking right to put that out there in front of everyone!" I yelled out.

"V..."

"Fuck you, Shayne," I said to him.

"What? Now that you and Anthony are fighting, you're pissed at me?"

"I'm pissed at you for saying that shit, Shayne!" I yelled. He started chuckling and put his hand through his hair. "What did you get out of this?" He just stood there and my mouth dropped a bit. "Did you think this would break me and Anthony up, Shayne? Is that why you said all of that shit in there?"

"No," he said to me. I bit my lip in anger and started walking away from him. I started texting Tristan to pick me up from work and when I hit send, Shayne came up to me and grabbed my arm. "Veronica, that's not why I said that."

I yanked back and shook my head at him. "You're pathetic, Shayne," I said to him. "I get you have this thing for me and believe me, I'm flattered, but that doesn't give you the right to ruin my relationship with my boyfriend!"

"Oh I ruined it?" Shayne asked me. "There were two people there that night, doll face. And I don't think you intended on pulling away, did you?"

He got closer with every word he said, but all I did was grin and lean up towards his face to say, "Fuck you." He chuckled and shook his head at me. "You know what, Shayne, just because your relationship didn't work out with that girl, that doesn't mean you need to ruin one that could."

He stood there in shock, but all he could do was laugh it off. "You know what, I could care less now what happens with you and Anthony. I hope you two get married and have kids, and while that happens, you're sitting in your room realizing that you aren't happy and that I was right."

"Shayne..."

"And let me just admit something to you, Veronica," he said. "When Frankie and I broke up, I was hurt until you came into the office that day and made everyone laugh. I couldn't help but to smile at you because you could tell something was up with me. That's when I knew there was feelings for you. You just made them harder to keep after that dumbass remark."

"Shayne..." But I couldn't even finish what I was trying to say since he decided to walk away from me. This day was just getting better, wasn't it?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.6K 174 20
Y/N Padilla's younger sister of Smosh star Anthony Padilla is sent to California to live with her brother, but it goes south when two of Anthony's fr...
1.5K 20 15
This is a story about three members of Smosh, Damien Haas, Noah Grossman, and Shayne Topp. Shayne works at Smosh with Noah, and they have been in a r...
1.7K 79 19
Everything is going well for Bella, she has her brother, and new best friends, and a boyfriend that is perfect to and for her. But theres one problem...
47K 941 38
Join the emotional roller coaster that is Courtney and Olivia's relationship. Will it work out?