「ABSENCE」 TMNT 2012

By -writeriamnot-

"Come back!" She screamed. But the voices only left her farther behind. For months she's waited, never gi... More

Prologue
1; Six Months
2; Rescue
3; Unlocked
4; Casey
5; Home
6; Jeff
7; Coffee Conversation
9; Illusions
10; Old News
11; Live and Love
12; Lighten Up
13; Lucas
14; Karma
15; Hello
16; Location
17; Rescue Two
18; Explain
19; Nightmares
20; Study To Kill
21; You Don't Know Me
22; Zombie
23; Coney Island
24; Spies
25; Argument
26; Inspection
27; Toast
28; Patrol
29; The Sleepover
30; Dentists
31; Tonight
32; Darkness and Light
33; The Threat
34; Hear What You Want To Hear
35; Part One
36; Too Late
37; Part Two
38; Blame
39; Part Three
40; Valiant Effort
The End
41; Savior | Alternate Ending

8; Explanation

2.1K 117 51
By -writeriamnot-

    April didn't know what to say. A mixture of hope, disbelief, and anger swirled within her. Hope that Casey could be alive at that moment, disbelief because it didn't seem possible, and anger that he hadn't tried to contact them during all that time. "Are you sure?"

    Elly nodded. "Positive."

    "Tell me everything you remember. Please." April closed her eyes as she thought through this new turn of events. "It's very important."

    As Elly opened her mouth to recount the tale, April held up a hand. "Wait. Let's go to my place. We can call my friends and they can listen too."

    Hesitantly, Elly stood. "Okay. But I have to be home by lunchtime or else my parents will get worried. Actually, scratch that. They're already worried."

    April chuckled as she led the way out the door and down the streets to her apartment. "I understand. My dad used to be very cautious about where I went. I was barely even let out of his sight most of the time."

    When they arrived at the living space, April called her friends and made sure it was on speakerphone. They picked up on the fourth ring.

    "April? What's up?" Came a slightly less than high-pitched male voice. He sounded distracted, like the call had disrupted something important.

    "Hey, Don. I need to talk to you about something." April held the phone between her and Elly.

    A sigh. "Look, April . . . I'm sorry about the other night. We all are. We should've been more understanding."

    April sucked in a breath, then let it out to calm herself. "It's fine, Don. I should've just explained how I felt instead of running out crying like a little girl."

    "Don't beat yourself up about it. We were the ones in the wrong."

    "No, I–"

    "Shhh! I'm talking with April."

    Elly frowned, wondering who was bothering April's male friend.

    "Who's there, Don?" April asked.

    "Raph. He wanted to know why the TV won't work, but I don't know."

    "Well, call him back in with the others. I have someone here to talk to you."

    "Okay," he complied. The next thing the girls heard was Don yelling for the "guys" to join him in his lab. Thankfully, he must've held the phone away from his face because it wasn't as loud as it would've been if he'd kept it near his mouth.

    A great amount of shuffling and mixed dialogue was heard on the other end until Don finally said they were ready.

    "Hi, guys," April greeted. "I have someone here with me who's going to tell us something important." She handed the phone to Elly. "Go ahead."

    "Um . . . hello. I'm Elly." She didn't really know how to begin, so she introduced herself since April hadn't.

    "Elly from the dungeon?" A familiar, scratchy voice, the one that belonged to the brother named Leo, asked.

    Elly glanced at April. "These guys were with you the other night?" April nodded. "Yeah, that's me."

    "How are you doing?" He sounded like he genuinely cared, which made her smile. He and April asking her how she felt made her feel warm inside. It was nice to know people who wanted the best for her.

    "I'm much better. Thanks for asking. I'm so grateful to all of you."

    "So . . . what do you want to tell us?" Another voice, this one sounding childish, inquired.

    April leaned over to get closer to the phone. "She's seen Casey recently."

    Silence. Absolute silence. It felt like everyone was holding in a breath.

    "How recently?"

    "Where is he now?"

    "Why hasn't he contacted us?"

    "Is he okay?"

    "Where was he when you saw him? Oh, wait. Stupid question. You've only been in Shredder's prison."

    When they finally quieted down, Elly told them what she knew. "I was staring up at the ceiling one day - or maybe it was night - because I was bored. Then I heard shouting from down the hall, so I got off my cot to see what was going on. A guy ran in, and a bunch of Kraang droids behind him. He stopped in the middle of the room to fight them off with a hockey stick. I know it sounds ridiculous, but it really happened."

    "What did he look like?" Don prodded. They only knew one person who fought off Kraang droids with hockey equipment, but they needed to make sure anyway.

    Elly searched her memories, going back to that day. "Dark hair. It was pretty messy, and he was drenched in sweat." She surprised herself with how much she actually remembered. Maybe it was because that was the most excitement she'd had in all those months. "He was really skinny, and his clothes were torn and dirty. I couldn't see much of his face in the dim lighting, but he did a lot of yelling and shouting. Almost like he was enjoying fighting to his death."

    April laughed quietly, then sniffed. The guys on the other end of the call let out soft chuckles.

    "That's Casey, for ya," one commented. This one sounded groggy, and he finished his sentence with a yawn.

    "What happened next?" Don continued to question her as politely as possible so as not to scare her off or bring up bad memories.

    "Next, he . . . well, he was much better at fighting than I expected him to be. He took out all of the robots, then just stood there trying to catch his breath." She closed her eyes, trying to envision the scene. "I was just about to call out to him. I was hoping he would let me out, since he was against the Kraang. But as I started to speak, a bunch of Foot ninja's poured in through the door he'd come out of.

    "He didn't look surprised, though. He just readied his hockey stick and watched them surround him. Then, a girl popped out through the line of ninjas. I found out later that her name was Karai."

    Elly didn't know if feeling a mood was even plausible, but she suddenly detected a tension that came to rest between each person she was speaking to. The name Karai had evidently brought up unpleasant recollections.

    "I remember their conversation. The boy said, "nice to see you again, Karai."' The name had come with a bitter aftertaste to Elly's ears, as though Casey hated to mention it, but had to prove a point. A point that meant she was nothing but an inconvenience. "Then Karai laughed and told him not to play games with her. She said she knew what he was hiding, and would find it.

    "You'll get nothing from me," he'd said.

    Karai chuckled and told him, "I never said I'd get it from you. I said I'd get it, one way or another."

    Then a big brawl started up, with Casey on the bottom. Karai watched the whole time with a frown. But Casey came back up and bolted for the exit. Karai yelled, "Casey Jones! Get back here!" And went after him herself. That was the last I saw of him."

    "Well that could mean any number of things," Don began.

    "Wait, Donnie," April interrupted before he could tell them his assumptions. "There's more." She gently nudged Elly's arm. "Tell them about the message."

    Elly nodded. "So, yesterday morning I was in my bathroom getting ready for the day, even though I was going to be at home the whole time. A guy showed up in the doorway. I don't know how he got in, but he proceeded to tell me a joke. Then he–"

    "Hold up!" The hippy-sounding teen shouted. "What joke?"

    "Uh . . . it was like, knock knock, who's there, cow goes, cow goes who, no, it goes moo," she described quickly.

    A pause, then laughter. "Oh! I get it now! That's a good one; I'll have to use that."

    "Let her finish, Mikey," the groggy one said.

    "Anyway, he said his name was Jeff. He was really tall, really buff, really blond, and really weird."

    "Yup. That's definitely Jeff," Leo identified.

    "He told me to tell April that Bonehead's back," she finished.

    There was another silence, this one much longer and more thoughtful that the others. Elly didn't know what everyone was thinking, but she wished she knew. She actually had no idea what was going on.

    "So . . ." Donnie spoke carefully, so as not to voice the wrong thing. "Casey's alive."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

427K 15.7K 66
❝𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘰𝘧 𝘶𝘴 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘮𝘰𝘯𝘴𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘴.❞ ━━━ 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐇𝐀𝐃𝐎𝐖'𝐒 𝐒𝐄𝐂𝐑𝐄𝐓 ✦⋆ the stars alight your ...
12.1K 296 26
A story about Raphael the turtle. We all know that Raph is not an open book, it's a special book that has a key, key that you have to find and unlock...
767 18 24
I decided to write another tmnt 2012 boyfriend scenario because why not? have you ever wondered what it would be like to have one of the heroes of Ne...
810K 16.1K 102
One can tell what this is but if you don't know.......... ITS A TMNT BOYFRIEND SCENARIOS BOOK! Hope you like reading it! Started: 10/29/15 Ended: 1/2...