Tired of Lies

By MissYanxiet

*(COMPLETED) "The worst thing about being lied to is knowing you weren't worth the truth." He bit his lip. "... More

Trapped
Rumors
A Rough Start
Getting in a good place
Hazel Eyes
Group therapy
The Lock In
Secret Closet
Not everything is as it seems
Seeing Red
Christina Taylor
Everything has Changed
Back to normal (Kinda)
A new Friend
A little courage
Darn you Friday
Girls just wanna have fun
Pancakes and abandoned playgrounds
All my fault
Christina's Funeral
Is it possible that things can just get worse?
Secrets names and arrests
Unpleasant surprises
Chayton Colby

Plane rides

23 3 2
By MissYanxiet

"Cam?! What are you doing here?!''

"I was following you because you never wanted to hang out or talk anymore!"

He started to look at his surroundings and his face filled with horror.

"What is going on?! What the hell happened?! Please don't tell me you did any of this!"

"I can explain!"

"Well yeah! I followed you here for a reason! I wasn't expecting this but.."

"Cam I didn't do it!"

He sighed in relief. "Oh thank goodness! I was torn between running away and calling the cops or being a good friend and help you clean all of this up."

"Hey!"

"I was going to choose the be the good friend one? Anyway how are you going to explain this to the police?"

"For starters why were you driving a police car?"

"My Dad is a detective but he drives a police car. But forget about that! Are you ok?!"

"I am thanks to you!!"

We embraced and I realized that I really missed him. Maybe I should have told him from the beginning. So I decided to tell him everything.

"Wow. And you're still ALIVE?!!!"

"I know!"

"That Pandora King girl is crazy! What is this?! Some Lifetime movie?!"

"I know!!"

"We have to figure out who Chayton Colby is!"

"I know!"

"We have to find Benson!"

"I Know- Wait What?!"

I turned around realizing that both Benson and the black suv car was gone.

"Cam we have to do something! Pandora took him! She's going to kill him."

"How do you know?! And your nails are kinda piercing my skin."

"Oh sorry." I let go of his arms. "Do you think that Benson just miraculously could get up after being shot and the car just happen to be gone when Pandora is gone?"

"Right. Don't worry we could just tell the police when they get here."

If they ever get here. "How?! The only two witnesses I had are gone!"

"Maybe they will believe us."

"And maybe my boyfriend will continue to breathe again. Come on Cam! I was enrolled in a mental hospital remember?!"

"Good point. Well Cedric ran off before she could come right? So let's go look for him."

"What makes you think he's a good guy?!"

"From what you told me it sounds like he saved your life."

"Not really because she still kinda found me."

"Let's just go find him."

"You mean in the dark scary woods?"

"Yeah?"

"Those dark scary woods? Where no one could hear you scream?"

"Yeah? Come on Zoey don't get cold feet now."

"I don't know I mean I shouldn't just leave Hazel's body lying here and-"

"Come on." Cam grabbed my hand and pulled me towards the dark and scary woods.

"Cedric!"

"Cedric!"

"I guess he's not here let's go back."

"We're barely a foot from where we were standing."

"Really you sure? I could have sworn we've been walking for hours."

Cam looked at me and I eventually caved.

"Fine."

We had been walking for an hour and my phone was about to die which would mean no flashlight and I didn't feel comfortable walking around in the dark.

"Cam maybe we should go back. My phone is at one percent and.."

"We could just use my phone."

Cam was getting to pull his phone out when a twig snapped nearby. More like behind us. Me and Cam froze.

"What was that?!"

"What do you mean what was that?! It was obviously someone that is behind and we're next on the great journey to heaven list!"

"Cam stop being dramatic."

"Well if I was Pandora she would've shot both of you seconds ago while you two were bickering instead of running."

Cam turned quickly on his heel. "It's not like we could outrun a bullet anyway."

I couldn't believe this kid. Meanwhile I was frozen with fear he's out there talking as if this an everyday thing. I turned around. Even though it was dark I could recognize those muscular arms and fierce blue eyes to be Cedric's any day.

"Is that Cedric?!" Cam told me in a very loud whisper.

"Yes and you both need to get out of here before she comes and kills us all."

I wasn't buying this guy's act for a second. I mean how did he he always end up where Pandora or Christina were mentioned anyway?

"Why are you here?"

"I could ask you the same thing."

I rolled my eyes. "Come on now. You threatened me remember?"

He sighed and put his hand in his hair which reminded me a lot of Hazel and suddenly I didn't feel like doing anything anymore. I was fighting the tears in my eyes to not come out.

"At first I thought you were Pandora. That's why I threatened you at the coffee shop before but then I started getting these notes and later realized they were not from you but from Chayton himself."

"What?!" Me and Cam said in unison.

"Yeah and obviously you're not here because you didn't try to shoot my head off earlier so.."

"But why do you care about Christina Taylor?"

"Why do you?"

"I asked you first." I said crossly.

"Christina... Christina is my sister."

"What?!" Me and Cam said in unison.

"Oh wow. But you guys have different last names and you don't look the same."

"She's my half sister."

"But what are you doing here? Were you trying to find her killer and rapist too?"

"Yes and no."

"What do you mean no?"

"I'm really trying to find Christina."

"I'm sorry to say this but Christina is dead."

"Actually she's still alive."

"What?! It can't be I saw her body in pieces! I was covered in her blood!"

"When I was called to go and identify her body as hers I took one look at it and knew it wasn't hers."

"How?!'

"Christina has a huge scar above her right knee that she had gotten when she had fallen when we were kids."

"But then why do the police think she is dead?"

"I told them that the decoy body was hers so Pandora would think that I thought she was dead and stop looking for her."

"And at the funeral.."

"All an act."

"So what do we do now?"

"We're going to tell the police that your friend was in a car accident." Cam piped up.

"But how are we going to explain the missing car? Not to mention the missing person?"

"Huh, I didn't think about that?"

"Do you ever think?"

"Hey!"

I sighed and thought about our situation. It seemed to get more complicated by the second.

"I think we should tell the truth."

"Why?"

"I agree with blondie. Why?"

"If we keep trying to do this ourselves more people will get hurt. I mean who knows? One of us could be next!"

We all looked at one another and I could see Cedric and Cam thinking it over. My phone chimed I had forgotten I had it thinking it had died long ago. Turning it on there was a message from an unfamiliar number and I knew who it was from when I began to read it out loud to the others.

"I know you called the police. If you even try to tell them what you know about me my guest won't be breathing any longer and don't worry they all will have a very slow and painful death."

She sent an image of Benson and Christina tied up somewhere but I couldn't recognize where they were. Benson's face was covered in blood and I'm guessing that Pandora had a little difficulty getting him to his destination. I bit my lip.

"So Pandora did take Benson."

"Zoey we've already been over this. What did you think happened?!" That Benson was able to get up and run off without you with a bullet stuck in his leg?!" Cam shouted at me.

"I was hoping that's what happened."

"I guess that makes sense."

"I just don't want to get anywhere near Pandora King or Chayton Colby." I shuddered as I spoke their names out loud.

"Do you really think we'll actually see Chayton Colby? I mean if that's even his real name." Cam mumbled to himself.

Cam's eyes lit up. "But it does give us something."

"What would that be?"

"This Chayton Colby guy obviously has some kind of connection to Hazel to use his name. It can't be a coincidence."

"Do you mean as his accomplice who he was trying to throw under the bus?"

Under a car to be correct.

"Or a guy he knew that he didn't mind getting all the credit for his crime who did not know anything about him or what he does for his freetime. It could be anything."

"You know what they say the best way to know someone's deepest darkest secrets is through their phone!" Cedric replied.

"You're right! If we just go and grab his ...phone."

Cam looked at me and realized I had started crying. He walked towards me.

"I know. I'm sorry maybe we should start leaving this to the police. Digging through your dead boyfriends pockets doesn't sound like it would be on your to do list huh? Maybe we should leave this to the police. It's not too late. It would be way safer for all of us."

Cam gave me a tight hug. Cedric wasn't really on the same page.

"I don't get. What's wrong with the situation?"

Cam whispered in his ear.

"Ohh I get it now! I could do it if you want!"

He grinned as of this was totally normal. Me and Cam shared a look then started headed back to the woods where we left Hazel's body in between laughs.

"Is it something I said?! Too soon?!" Cedric shouted as he ran through the dark forest to catch up to us but we were too late to do anything. The police were already there examining Hazels' body and probably calling an ambulance to pick him up.

Huge lights were flashed in front of our faces. "Freeze!"

Shit. I didn't realize this would look like we killed him.

"First your friend gets kidnapped by a crazy psycho killer then we get arrested for a crime we didn't commit? You bring a whole lot of trouble with you huh?" Cam whispered in my ear as we were getting pushed into the back of a police car. As I watched the police car drive me and Cam away from the crime scene I was already thinking of a plan to get Hazel's phone.

******

I had been sitting at the metal table across a police officer for two hours and wondering if my parents were even here yet. My nerves had finally calmed down and I think it was because I was inside the safety of the police department.

"I'm going to ask you again. Who was driving the vehicle that hit your friend? Who else was there? "

"I already told you I don't know."

"Come on Zoey let's make this easier for everyone. We all want to go home and you being stubborn is not helping any of us."

"Those footprints could have been any of ours. There was a lot of commotion and distress on the road tonight."

"The tire marks the car left say otherwise."

"I'm telling you I have no idea!"

"At least tell me what kind of vehicle the perpetrator was driving."

I thought about this for a second. Pandora said I couldn't tell them what I knew but if I just told them what kind of car she was driving that wasn't really telling them what I knew about her. That wouldn't be so bad would it? I shifted in my seat not sure what to do.

"I'm not sure but I believe it was a black suv."

"He sighed in relief but quickly tried to hide it. He was obviously knew to this because I was the one who was supposed to be frustrated.

"Thank you. Someone will be with you shortly."

For some reason I didn't feel any better after giving them that information. In fact I felt worse. I really hope I didn't put Benson in any more danger than he already was. The dark haired police officer left the room and I questioned why he was asking me so many questions anyway. Wasn't that the detective's job? I hope Cedric and Cam were going through this antagonizing questionnaire too.

"I hear you been giving them some trouble Zoey."

Speak of the devil.

"Detective Derrick? You're the one on this case?"

""Isn't it great?! You'd think that they'd stop hiring me considering I couldn't solve the Christina Taylor murder."

"What do you mean you couldn't solve it?!"

"Let's get down to business."

He changed the subject maybe he wasn't supposed to let me know that but why?

With a forced laugh and smile I quietly whispered "Yeah."

Derrick was carrying a bag labeled evidence in it and I quickly recognized the black square object to be Hazel's phone. I had to find some way to get it even if I didn't like the outcome. If I didn't pull this off there was no way we would find Benson and Christina in time. Derrick handed me a glass of water and I took a few sips and focused my eyes on the plastic bag. There was only one way I could think of to get that evidence bag away from Derrick. I needed a distraction and I had the perfect person for the job.

"So I'm basically going to ask you all the questions that they already asked you hoping for a better outcome."

"What makes you think that I will give you the answers to your questions?"

He grinned. "It doesn't hurt to try."

As I tried to ask Derrick more unnecessary questions I quickly took out my badly cracked phone and texted Cam. Whatever kind of distraction he came up with, it had to be good because we only have one shot at this and a part of my brain kept telling me there is no way that this was going to work. Suddenly I heard a huge crash then screaming coming from the other side of the door. Derrick quickly spun out of his chair to see what was going on.

"You should probably stay here."

"Yeah that sounds like a good idea."

As soon as he left I grabbed the evidence bad and quickly took out Hazel's phone. It was so cracked that I wasn't able to really read anything and that wasn't really helping the situation that I didn't even know what to look for on the first place. I looked through the phone briskly and couldn't find anything. Then I found something on the phone, a piece of paper sticking out that was hidden in the back of the phone. No time needed to be wasted. In one swift motion I took the piece of paper and put the phone back in the bag. On cue Derrick walked in.

"Your friend Cam out there managed to cut his arm."

"What?!"

That was not part of the plan. I just asked him to make a distraction not scarice one of his limbs.

"Is he going to be okay?"

"Yeah. Just a couple of stitches they're patching him up right now. Nothing serious. He'll be fine. Zoey you could go home now but don't think I'll let you go this easy next time."

"There's going to be a next time?" I said with a raised brow.

"If you keep sticking your nose in other people's businesses and keep hanging around those two then yes definitely. Now get out of here before I change my mind."

Derrick opened the door for me with a chuckle and I went outside to see my friend. Cam and Cedric were already waiting with eager eyes.

"Okay let's get out of here." Cedric huffed as he led me and Cam out of the police station.

"Are you serious Cam?! Did you just decide that you didn't want your arm anymore?!"

"You said you needed a distraction!"

"Yeah but you could've faked a fall or something!"

Cedric pulled his keys out of his pocket and unlocked his white lexus.

"Now come one Zoey do you really think that the police would believe him if he fell? People practically fall everyday all the time."

We all got in the car and I rolled my eyes.

"And you probably had something to do with this right?"

I saw his dangerous blue eyes crinkle at the corners and that was a sign that he had on his infamous grin.

Who do you think left that nasty scar on his arm? Like he was going to do it."

"Cam!"

I turned to Cam in the backseat and punched his arm. The one that was injured of course.

"Ow! You should be grateful! Did you even find anything out or were you too busy worrying whether I was dying or not?"

"Right! I almost forgot!"

I took out the piece of paper from my pocket and showed them what I found.

"Where did you find that?!" Cedric shouted almost crashing us in the process.

"Do you recognize it?"

"I think Pandora had sent had sent me a picture of it during the time she was treating me like her personal puppet. What's on it?"

"An address."

After he was done cradling his arm Cam gave me a look that read that's it.

"What is it?"

"Maybe that's where Chayton Colby lives."

"Yeah but why would Hazel have his address?"

"I guess you're right but it would give Pandora a motive to kill your boyfriend in the first place!"

"Ok but why would he have it?"

"Just let me see it." Cedric replied from the front.

"You're driving."

"So?"

"So, I would like to actually find my friend and your sister in one piece."
"Cedric sighed and pulled the car over.

"Happy?"

"Ecstatic. Here."

"Just what I thought. This is the exact same one Pandora sent me except she had blacked out the numbers in the one she sent me."

2468 Albert, Enoch UT 84721

"So Cam was right. Zoey this has to be his address."

"Ugh. I hate when you're right."

"Aren't I always."

Cedric smiled and faced us. "Do you guys know what this means?"

I suddenly didn't feel so well. "What?" I barely choked out.

""That we're finally ahead of Pandora! She doesn't know that we know where Chayton lives."

"And why is that so important?" I squeaked. I didn't like the sound of any of this.

""We could go over to this address and find Christina and Benson!"

"But how do you know that Chaytons address! WHat if it's really Pandora's?!! And besides Benson is practically a certified nurse so he'll be fine.

"We won't know for sure unless we try right?"

"This address is in Utah! How are we freakin going to get to Utah?" Cam pointed out.

"There you have it! I guess that's not it! We'll have to keep looking."

"Zoey there is no other chance or opportunity like this! If we have this we should take it. I'm not leaving my sister behind. Even if this ends up being a dead end at least I tried it. I won't stop until I know I tried everything in my power to save her. I lost her once. I can't lose her again. Not this time and no one's going to stop me."

There was no words for what Cedric said. He was right and I hated that. I was left speechless and torn.

"You know Zoey he has a point and don't you want to save Benson? I know you don't want to admit it but you and him have a connection. You obviously care for him and he cares for you-"

"Are you trying to convince me to go to Utah or set me up with my friend?"

"Whatever works for you."

I punched him in the arm for the second time today.

"Cam!"

"Ow!"

He raised his hands in the air laughing. "But did I convince you?"

Rolling my eyes and pouting my lipI answered. "Yes unfortunately."

"Perfect because I already purchased our plane tickets." Cedric said as he looked up from his phone.

"What if I had said no?"

"I know you wouldn't leave your friend behind where we persuaded you or not. "
I softened. I hadn't realized I was so tense. For starters I had to come up with a really good reason to tell my parents why I flew to Utah in the middle of the day and back with one of my companions being a total stranger in their eyes and one of them being my close friends. Yeah this was totally going to go well.

"Ok let's do this."

"If we get out of this alive I'm never taking anything for granted again." Cam chimed.

Cedric grinned. "Let's go catch a murderer."

******

We boarded the plane I couldn't think let alone move anymore. In fact I wanted to run out of here before it was too late. I even tried to put alcohol in my carry on so I would end up missing my flight but Cedric was close behind my every move. I sat in my seat between the boys and fell asleep. When I woke up the plane was getting ready to land. I could practically see the runway leading to the ramp from where we were in the sky but I still had a queasy feeling in my stomach.

Cedric went to grab our bags. "See? Now was that so bad? I told you-"

Suddenly the plane was thrown off course and I slammed into Cam. I looked out the window and it seemed that the plane's right wing engine had been tampered with.

"She knows we're coming."

"How?! Cam and Cedric said in unison.

"I don't know but how could the plane's engine fail now?! We were so close to landing! This is really bad luck."

"No this is really what it looks like when someone want you dead!!" Cam retorted.

"The exits come on!Before we all die on this thing! Hurry!" Cedric shouted. Thn he went to go tell other panicked passengers the same thing. I could barely move in a inch as the plane was heated up and getting closer to the ground. I don't knowhow Cedris could walk to gracefully as if we were not literally turned upside down.

"How can he be so calm during all of this?!"

"Cam grabbed our bags and wobbled to the nearest exit. "Just remind me to never help you again."

"Or you could stop sticking your nose in other people's business."

"You're one to talk."

"Technically she asked me to do this for her! She begged for my help I just didn't think it was going to be this dangerous-"

"Do not even start with that Campbell."

We laughed which was cut short when Cedric came behind us.

"What are you guys still doing here?! The plane is going to crash!!"

Cedric handed us each a parachute and I gave him an questioned look.

"It's for the fall-"

Suddenly the plane crashed. Shards of things pierced my skin and by instinct covered my face and put my body on the parachute. It seemed like everyone and everything was on silent well the ones that can move anyway until my hearing slowly came back. My arms and legs hurt and burned but I got up anyway. That parachute really did cushion my fall but I'm pretty sure I broke a few bones and if I didn't I wish I had. I staggered towards the skinny body laying on the floor not too far away from me with blond hair that was also on top of a parachute. That had to be Cameron.

"Shit everything hurts. Even the blood running through my veins."

"If you don't get up right now I don't think I'll have any left just waiting for you here."

"I'm up. I'm up."
"Cedric cam hobbling over as soon as Cam got up. "Come on we have to get going."

"We just survived a plane crash and that's what you say?"

"You weren't all sunshine and butterflies with mw Zoey. Cam said.

"This isn't about you!"

"The plane was only like two feet from the ground."

"Tell that to me bleeding head!"

"I'm sorry it's just that if she knew what plane we were on-"

"She knows where we're going." I finished.

"And is waiting for us ready to kill anyone of us without hesitation." Cam added.

"I knew this was a bad idea."

"I really wish you would have thought of that when you decided to solve the murder of Christina Taylor and avenge her death.

"That isn't the point Cam. I had to do this for her. I may have not been really thinking clearly when I had decided to jump into this. I mean like they did have me on a lot of drugs during the time but nevermind that! I just had to do it ok?"

"Well I appreciate it and would I bet a million bucks my sister would too. You had good intentions and if it wasn't for you I would have not made it this far."

I smiled even though it hurt. And to think I thought he was Chayton Colby.

"So I guess we're ready then? It's already getting dark." Cam pointed out.

"Right! I can't believe we're doing this. We're gonna die."

"Come on let's catch that cab." Cedric said as he directed me and Cam to the yellow taxi cab that wasn't parked too far away from the plane crash.

As the taxi cab drove right after dropping us off at a medium sized house white house with a green roof, green windows, and a green door. I hoped that our assumption about the address is wrong and that in reality a really nice old lady lives there with some refreshments and aspirin waiting for us. It seemed nice except for the fact that the house was literally in the middle of nowhere.

"I still don't understand how your wallet barely got damaged in the plane crash." Cam pointed out to Cedric.

"I know! Isn't it great?!" Cedric replied with a huge grin.

Cam laughed in reply but I was too busy looking at the house that could possibly be the last place I ever was. I realized that I didn't even say goodbye to my family but pushed the thought away. Me, Cam, and Cedric faced each other, nodded then went to the green door. I was getting ready to lift my hand to knock on the door when Cedric grabbed it.

"You can't knock on the door! She'll know we're here!"

"She already knows we're here. Did you forget about the crashing plane you were on? But I guess you're right or whatever."

By now I shouldn't be treating any situation as normal as it would in any other situation but I still tend to forget every step I make is being recorded by a killer. Cam's eyes were fixated on the door as if he was trying to solve a puzzle.

"I think I could pick this lock."

I rolled my eyes. This isn't some kind drama tv series or nonfiction book!

"Really Cam? DO you need one of my bobby pins?"

"Actually no. I just need a paperclip and a credit card."

"Cedric took out a card from his tattered pant pocket and picked up a paper clip he found from the floor.

"Here."

"Thanks."

We watched him work and I was surprised to see the door actually open.

"Voila!" Cam said as he shook his hand in the air.

"Not bad." Cedric told him as he got his card back.

I faced Cedric. "And to think I would've pictured you being the one to open the door Cedric."

He blushed. "I mean I could've totally done it too. I just.. I just didn't think quickly enough."

"Uh uh. Sure."

"You guys."

Cam snapped us out of our argument to show us that there was someone standing in the doorway shocked. Her fiery red hair let us know that was not Chayton Colby.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.3K 1.2K 43
"You shouldn't need to drink to try and drown your feelings Kayla. I've watched the people around me do this all my life and it doesn't fix anything...
1.1K 26 18
Her brows furrowed. "You look like you have something specific you wanna ask me." The tips of Liam's ears turned red at Emma's very accurate observat...
251K 7.2K 20
Before I knew it my shirt was torn away from my torso and tossed on the floor, Charlie's doing the same. Our kiss intensified and I felt him groan ag...
Logan By Marie

Teen Fiction

11.1K 269 31
*TW* Contains topics and scenes of sexual assault, self-harm, abuse.* "You know you loved every second of it," I can feel the tears welling up as wel...