Meant to Be (Derek Hale)

By mei1524

Mia stared up at Derek in confusion. "What are you thanking me for?" "For giving me a family and making me th... More

Chapter 1*
Chapter 2*
Chapter 3*
Chapter 4*
Chapter 5*
Chapter 6*
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
3B
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
4
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Epilogue
Return To Beacon Hills Part 1
Return To Beacon Hills Part 3

Return To Beacon Hills Part 2

12.8K 277 14
By mei1524

Derek tensed and glanced at his wife, hearing footsteps behind them and quickly pulled her to hide. Once the person following them got close enough, he grabbed them and slammed them into the nearest wall and his glare faltered when he saw it was Chris Argent.

"Derek." The older man greeted bluntly and his eyes fell on the older McCall. It had taken a while for him to track them down but he finally managed to catch up to them. "Mia."

Mia stared at him. "Chris." She mused, she felt her worry for Beacon Hills especially her brother and mom worsen. Why was Chris Argent following them? Were things getting bad?

"You could've called." Derek snapped at him, letting him go as he stood beside his wife who eyed the older man.

He gave him a deadpan expression. "I don't have your number."

Derek blinked. "I should probably give you my number." He muttered.

Glancing at his wife who only looked between the two in amusement before the three listened to the reasons behind Chris following them all the way here.

She was still trying to not feel to bothered by the fact that her husband was being chased down by the FBI. It was honestly getting tiresome for to find out that the man she loves kept being framed for murder.

.

☾☾☾

.

"There's another vault?" Chris questioned the Hale in disbelief as the two men were on their way there. Mia had reluctantly stayed in the car to wait for them which obviously caused her to give her husband the silent treatment as he sighed.

"More than one Hale," Derek started as he began unlocking the lock on the chain. "More than one vault." He said bluntly, even though the number of family members he had, had dropped since the fire.

The two walked inside the now unlocked fence. "I get the need to keep your feet from the fire, but I also don't think you wanna see Beacon Hills burn to the ground." The older man retorted as they walked.

"You're asking me to come back?" He asked sounding a bit surprised that the Argent made the effort to come searching for him.

He and Mia had already planned on going back but had needed to make this one stop before going back. They weren't going to let Scott and the rest fight without some more back up.

Chris pursed his lips, trying to not frown. "How about, admitting with great difficulty that we need you?" He breathed out.

Derek tried to not look to amused by his obvious difficulty at saying those words. "That sounds more like an Argent."

"And protecting Beacon Hills sounds more like a Hale."

"Hey, if I go back, it's not for Beacon Hills." The Hale said honestly. "And there's something that Mia and I needed to take care of first." He pulled out a glass bottle filled with a yellow liquid inside.

Chris tensed at the sight of it. "Where did you get that?" He demanded, knowing how much damage that liquid could do.

"Whoever murdered that pack in Brazil, they were looking for this." He tightened his grip on on it. "And I'm gonna make sure that they never find it."

"Get rid of it." He said seriously.

"You know it's not just a poison." He admitted.

"Maybe they want it because it's an antidote."

"Is that why Gerard wants it?"

Chris sighed. "Well, that sounds like you already know the answer."

Derek shoved his hands into his pockets. "So you want me to help you stop him when you're the one who brought him back." He had found out from Mia who was told by Deaton about Gerard's return.

"Gerard knew more about the beast than any of us." The man argued even though he knows it was now a huge mistake. "So, like it or not, he was the ally we needed at the time. But you're the one we need right now."

A bunch of bright lights flashed on, causing the two to turn to look over. "Federal Agents!" A man yelled out as the two tensed.

"Put your hands in the air!" Another yelled in warning as they pointed their guns at the two men who raised their hands immediately.

Suddenly the three agents were shot and killed before Derek felt a bullet pierce his torso and fell to the ground in pain. Chris was shot in the arm and dropped down to the floor as he searched for his gun.

Derek groaned, trying to reach for the container before a foot stepped on his hand and he looked up. The headlights were keeping him from making out who the person was.

When he finally saw who it was, he felt the flood of hate he had thought disappeared a while back come back full force when the person slipped off their hat, revealing themselves to be Kate Argent who smirked coyishly at him.

"Hey, handsome." She greeted him as she picked up the bottle and eyed it with interest. Her eyes flickered back to him. "Miss me?" She cocked her shotgun, aiming at him with a coy smirk still on her lips. "You're just as popular as ever, aren't you? Must be those blue eyes." She hit him with the butt of the shotgun in the face. "And those perfect cheekbones." She hit him again.

"I thought it was my smile." He retorted snidely as he wiped the blood.

She gave a fake chuckle before giving him a blank look as she held up the bottle. "Where's the rest?" She demanded.

"Why? It's not enough to save Gerard?" He breathed out, looking at her with pure hatred in his eyes. "You really think it's gonna make a difference with him? You're what he hunts, Kate." He told her, already having a feeling that her father was going to kill her the moment he got his hands on the liquid.

"I know that you can heal from one or two shots." She said, pointing the gun at him once more and ignored his words. She smirked at how easily he looked so riled at the sight of her. "But a direct hit to the head? I don't think so."

.

☾☾☾

.

Derek stared at the gun being pointed at him, unsure of what to feel. He knew that she would actually do it and that he wouldn't have time to move out of the way or even fight her. He found himself trying to figure out a plan to get out of this. He still had his family that needed him.

Kate smirked, finger on the trigger.

But, before she could even pull the trigger or even Chris could shoot her, a bullet hit her in the thigh causing her to cry out it pain as she grabbed her wounded leg. She glared at the woman who held a smirk on her face, looking smug about actually managing to shoot her. Kate growled under her breath.

Derek looked over to see his wife standing there holding a handgun. "Mia." He breathed out in relief and happy that she ignored his warning to stay in the car.

Mia's eyes never leaving the blonde womans form.

"So, you're the Mia McCall." Kate stared at the brunette in distaste as she eyed her up and down. She hadn't really gotten a good look at the woman the last time since she was too busy getting attacked by Derek and then shot by her brother.

"And you're Kate Argent." Mia stared back at her with the same look of distaste in her brown eyes. "How about you give that back before I put a bullet in your head." She threatened in a harsh tone.

She disliked this woman for all the pain she caused Derek and for being the reason his family was no longer around. She hated how the Argent woman had used Derek's grief to get to him and worm her way inside his head to get him to trust her.

"I don't think so." Kate started to step back, dodging the incoming bullets being fired at her and winced when one grazed her arm and quickly hid behind one of the cars. She let out cackle as she breathed heavily, feeling the adrenaline coursing through her veins. "This wolfsbane is going in a bullet, a bullet for Scott McCall." She yelled before running off.

"Dammit." Mia huffed, rushing to her husband as he got up with her help. She crouched down beside Chris, eyeing his wound. "It went clean through. I can't treat it right now, but you should get to a hospital to get it cleaned and wrapped." She told him.

Right now she had to focus on the fact that Kate was going to use the wolfsbane to make a bullet to kill her brother and she couldn't let that happen. She refused to let her brother get killed especially if she could prevent it.

Derek waited for her. "Come on." The two started to leave to go after the blonde to stop her.

"Wait!" Chris got up, groaning as he stood up.

"Get back to Beacon Hills and warn my brother." The brunette told him, giving him one last look as she and her husband rushed off after Kate Argent.

.

☾☾☾

.

Mia was in the passenger's seat as Stiles hit the man with his jeep and came to an abrupt stop. The two shared a grin before looking towards the window where they could see Scott wearing a stunned expression.

"You didn't think you were doing this without us, did you?" Stiles said to his best friend.

Derek stepped up next to the window, smirking at the alpha. "Hey, Scott." He turned to the hunters in front of him, his eyes glowing blue and let out a roar before jumping at them.

Stiles blinked in surprise. "Hey, are you gonna..." He turned to see that Mia was no longer in the passanger seat and looked out the window to see her taking down a couple of hunters using hand to hand combat. "Okay, then..." He mumbled, getting out the jeep and headed towards his girlfriend.

Scott, Malia, and Peter quickly joined in and helped the married couple take down as many hunters as they could. They quickly noticed that Monroe was taking off with a few hunters.

The alpha quickly rushed to Deucalion side. "Gerard..." He grabbed Scott's hand. "What he fears most... He can't beat you." He slowly turned his head to look at the younger boy, smiling genuinely. "And he knows it." He took his last breath before passing away.

Mia and Derek slowly approached the group, holding hands as they stared at Scott sadly seeing how upset he was about Deucalion dying. They didn't really know how close the two had gotten but it was obvious that they had made amends. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.8K 647 15
"Okay so... Peter bit Scott and now Scott's a werewolf, but the girl he had been flirting with before Peter even bit him just happens to be an Argent...
546K 20.3K 28
「𝗣𝗥𝗢𝗠𝗜𝗦𝗘𝗦」❝I promise that we'll always be together ❞ ▪︎ Synopsis ▪︎ The beaten little boy said holding out his pinky to the scared girl. She...
5.7K 173 20
"I felt your pain, Derek." she whispered. "The moment the alpha impaled you, I felt it." "Calista." he said, his voice dominant and yet full of care...
5.1K 254 16
"My friends..." Calavera shook her head, sounding almost annoyed. "I don't think you're aware of your poor timing. Do you know what the dark moon is...