Saddling Up

By BiebersGirlz

A girl looking for a summer job. A horse looking for a way out. ********** ... More

Prologue

4 1 0
By BiebersGirlz

NoOne's POV
A stallion reared & kicked as he desperately failed to break free; strong & mighty he was. But now he feels like a colt once again, Dewey was broken hearted. He was untamable & soulless, no one could ever ride him. His spirit was strong; and it could never be broken.

A tall broad shoulder man, snapped a lunge whip just behind the stallions back legs. Gary Long owner of Camp River's was know to heal broken horses. Every horse here had & had a fighting chance to be loved again. But this dangerous paint stallion, was different.

Gary Long thought about shipping the stallion off to slaughter; but in his heart he couldn't. So Gary tried, tried & tried; but nothing could ever break Dewey. "Walk boy" Gary snapped before smacking the dirt with the black lunge whip. Dewey snorted then reared, before causing a storm of rubble.

"Dang nabit" the man yelled as he held his hands up high; the stallion roared with fear. As if he was trying to scare the two legged man. Gary's wife Linda shouted from the barn, "let him be Gary; it takes time!" She shouted before going back to whatever she was doing. Gary laughed then turned back to the stallion.

He showed fear & anger as he beaten the earth; with his powerful hooves. "You gonna charge" the man asked as he outstretched his arms. "Come at me" he muttered just as a bell rang; meaning it was lunch time. Gary sighed & opened the gate that lead to the paddock; "go get be gone!"

He commanded as he kicked dirt at the stallion, Gary might not be the nicest man. But he's fighting to give horses another chance; even if he has to be brutal. "Fix your damn attitude Dewey; or I'll fix it for you!" He threatens before leaving the pin & heading into his cottage like home.

His wife stood at the stove, ham braised & collard greens simmered. "You gotta give that horse time, he's a young stallion that just needs a gentle heart." His wife stated as she grabbed a plate, "I'll figure something out!" He snapped before grabbing a fork, "summer jobs are coming & we got a few arriving in a week!"

Gary rolled his eyes before placing a forkful of greens into his mouth. Summer jobs for teens or what Gary calls them hooligans; worst time of the year. But to Linda it was Christmas, because she could use the extra hands. "We got my sister & her best friends daughter coming! Courtney absolutely adores horses; maybe she can ride Bingo?"

Her husband scoffed before placing his plate in the sink; "that farting thoroughbred?" He questioned before laughing, "he has a tooting problem, but nothing serious. "Well I think this will be a summer Courtney & Dewey will never forget!"

Well that was the prologue; I'm really excited to start this story. I would have it posted 1-6-18 but I had no wifi 🙁 back to the story, I really hope everyone had a wonderful holiday.

Don't be a ghost reader. I know your reading so why don't you leave a comment or like or maybe both!

❤️ - Hannah

Yes the description & title suck for this story SORRY but just because they both suck doesn't mean the story does. So give Saddling up a chance & I promise you; you won't regret it!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

507K 15.1K 38
MALE WEDNESDAY X READER "I love you...Wednesday Addams" The girl cried while hugging him as tight as she could. "I love you too....Amore mio. Please...
79.5K 1.9K 56
Y/n and Luz are best friends who have gone through thick and thin. But this time, they will go through thicker and thinner. They are both considered...
30.2K 695 45
A student from the Paldea region took an interest in traveling to other regions to learn new things.
170K 25.9K 108
"ကျွန်တော် သူ့ကို လက်ထပ်ချင်တယ်" "သခင်လေးဖန် သူက ချမ်းသာတဲ့ ဒုတိယ မျိုးဆက်၊ တည်ထောင်သူမိသားစုရဲ့ တတိယမျိုးဆက် ပြီးတော့ မြို့တော်မှာ မြင့်မြတ်ပြီး ကျေ...