The Assassin's Wife

By honeyasher

"W-what the heck is that in your hand?!" I whispered in shock, backing myself against the wall. Axel looked... More

Coming Soon
Prologue
Chapter One - The Calm Before The Storm
Chapter Two - The Men At The Door
Chapter Four - The Runaway From Home
Chapter Five - The Explanation
Chapter Six - The Slow Acceptance
Chapter Seven - The Attempt Break In

Chapter Three - The Unanswered Questions

1.4K 40 47
By honeyasher

Chapter Three - The Unanswered Questions

All Rights Reserved

The sound of gunshots soon ceased and I removed my tremblings hands from my ears. I wrapped them around my knees and jumped in fright when the phone fell from its spot between my stomach and thighs and hit the bottom of the cabinet. Dammit! I almost gave myself a heart attack.

Instead of getting shot and dying, the cause of my death would have been fear from the sound of dropping my phone. Such a wonderful way to go. I listened closely to any sounds and frowned when I couldn't hear anything. Is it possible they all shot at each other and now they're all dead?

My heart squeezed painfully at the idea of losing Axel. Not only would I have become a widow, but I'd probably be stuck in this cabinet for days because I'd still wait for Axel's voice, telling me it's alright to come out.

I couldn't blink back the tears. I didn't stop them from trailing down my cheeks. I sniffled at the idea of not having Axel in my life and having to live such a lonely widowed life. Or maybe I'll just die in this small cabinet from hunger or dehydration...whichever kills me first.

At least the last thing I ate was skittles.

I buried my face in my knees and began to cry silently at the idea of such a lonely life and a dreadful death. I was only twenty-five!

Then I heard footsteps of someone coming inside of the bedroom.

I froze when the footsteps stopped in front of the closet, and it slowly creaked open. I could hear the clothes being rustled to the side and almost sighed in relief before I was plagued with a thought.

What if they forced Axel to tell them where I was before they killed him?

I hiccupped a sob, not caring if whoever was out there heard me. If it was them, then they could just shoot from there and maybe they'll be lucky enough to hit my pained heart. Or my kneecap...damn that would probably hurt.

"Blaire, honey? It's me, Axel," I heard Axel's baritone voice. He knocked on the cabinet door once. "It's safe, you can come out."

I stared at the handle of the door, my brain not able function properly. I wasn't expecting to hear Axel's voice ever again. Slowly, my hand reached out to the handle and I gripped it with my fingers. I moved it down and the door slowly creaked open.

I let go of the handle and pushed the small door open before it was fully opened by a pale toned large hand. Axel had to bend down in order to make eye contact. His eyes widened at the tear tracks and my probably raccoon eyes.

His facial expression turned into a look of regret. For what reason? I haven't a clue.

"Let's get you out of there, baby," he whispered, reaching into the cabinet and grasping my warm hand into his large rough ones. I let him help me out and soon I stood up straight in the closet, no longer in the stuffy cabinet. From where I stood, I was taller than Axel by just a head.

I examined him and sighed in relief when I saw no blood and he didn't look to be injured. His hair looked more ruffled, and he wasn't wearing his jumper anymore. He wasn't shirtless, he was wearing a white t-shirt from underneath.

He looked up at me as he pressed my soft body against his hard one. My blurry vision didn't clear and I almost cursed when another tear escaped my eye. I reached up to wipe it with the back of my hand, but Axel beat me to it and his thumb brushed against my cheek.

He cupped my face with both hands, the rough pad of his thumb wiping the tear tracks from under my eyes.

"I thought you only cried in sad movies," he whispered, smiling a bit. I scoffed, rolling my eyes before sniffling again.

"Shut up! I thought I was going to become a widow and die in that small cabinet," I blubbered, looking away from him. "What happened? What was that? Who were they?"

Axel didn't answer me, but he suddenly lifted me, his hands moved away from my cheeks and his arms looped around my thighs. They were pressed tightly against his hard chiseled chest. He slowly lowered my body in a way that allowed my legs to wrap around his waist, straddling him. His arms were now around my waist and my face was close enough to feel his breath on my lips.

Axel sat down on the bed behind him, pulling me even closer to him then I thought was possible. He held me tight and pressed the back of my head into his shoulder. He didn't speak or move. He just held me in his arms.

I welcomed his comfort and groaned when my eyes began to water again. Why was I so emotional? Did my body think I had too much water and it was just trying to get rid of it for the betterment of my health?

If yes, then I'd rather pee then leak from my eyes.

My body sagged into Axel's toned body, and the feeling of relief spread throughout my body. I was so relieved that Axel wasn't hurt and that he was here with me. My arms snaked around his neck and I pulled him even closer.

"I'm sorry."

I removed my head from his shoulder and looked up at him in confusion. Even though I was straddling him, he was still a head taller than me. His face held a hard expression. He eyes lost their gentle tone, and they suddenly looked almost dangerous.

"For what? You said this wasn't a prank," I said, narrowing my eyes. "Or was it?"

"No. I wouldn't ever play a joke of this extreme on you," he told me, his green eyes bore holes into my own brown ones. "I expected this to happen, but not so soon."

Okay. Now I'm really confused.

"You're not making any sense! It sounds like you knew this was going to happen," I replied, biting my lip. "What do you mean by 'not so soon'?"

Axel stared at me, and I stared back, wondering what the heck was up. Before I could open my mouth and ask again, his mouth was on mine.

He caressed my lips with his own soft ones, kissing me ravenously. His hands pressed down on my neck, pushing my lips harder against his, almost bruisingly. I forgot about my unanswered questions and tangled my hands into his soft blond curls. My body felt so high just from a kiss, and I could feel the pleasure pooling in at my center, especially when I arched my back and accidentally grinded into him.

His tongue licked my lips, and I let out a small moan at the tingling feeling. His tongue entered my mouth and fought with mine. I pushed back on him, and he laid down with me on top of him, the kiss still unbroken. He kissed me as if though we wouldn't be seeing each other again and it was for the last time.

We both broke the kiss for air, and he stared at me with a lustful gaze that I returned.

Wait... didn't something happen that required my attention?

I was broken out of my lustful gaze when I heard a phone ring. It was neither mine or Axel's. It came from downstairs.

Axel suddenly stood up straight, he gripped onto my waist so that I wouldn't fall before he gently moved me to the side. The phone stopped ringing.

"Liebling. I know you're confused, and I promise I'll explain everything to you later but right now we have to leave," Axel said, getting up from the bed and turning to look at me.

I gave him a 'WTF' face which he kindly ignored. He walked around the bed and stood next to my vanity. He moved his foot around the carpet and I grimaced at his shoes. We had a strict no shoes in the house policy. But of course now wasn't the time to mention it.

Axel rolled the small carpet, revealing the wooden floor. I watched in silence as he picked up one of the floorboards, one by one. Then lo and behold he pulled out an effing silver suitcase. I slowly got up from the bed and watched as he put it down on the mattress. He put in the number passcode before popping it open. I walked around the bed and stood closer to see what was inside.

Then he pulled out a silver gun.

"W-what the heck is that in your hand?!" I whispered in shock. Damn, I ask a lot of useless questions.

I began to walk backwards, away from the suitcase, him and that dangerous weapon. My brain was finding it hard to comprehend that Axel was holding a gun. My sweet kind mother hen of a husband was holding a gun!

Sweet Jesus.

Axel looked down at his hand, which held the silver killing device.

"It's a gun?" he said, with a confusion laced voice, as if wasn't obvious. He put it back into the silver suitcase before turning back to me and furrowing his eyebrows at my fearful gaze.

"Well, no duh, but why the heck do you have one?" I whisper yelled. He hates guns! He told me so! Wait? I watched a movie where a husband told his wife that they were going somewhere and then shot them both dead. He failed to tell her that where he wanted to go was seven feet underground.

"I'm not going to shoot you," his voice breaking my train of thought. Axel took a few steps forward before he was leaning over me and I was trapped, surrounded by his arms that were on either side of my head.

"W-what are you going to do then?" I whispered, not liking the idea of Axel owning a gun.

He brought his head downwards, his hot face, take that in either context, was pressed against my left cheek while his hands caressed my waist, making my skin burn for his touch.

"I'm going to protect you, baby."

"With that?"

"With this," he said, nodding his head. "Now we really have to go before they send in anybody else."

I tried to form a sentence, and couldn't open my mouth to speak. So I opted to just stand there. Axel had already walked back but stopped when he saw that I didn't move. He then walked back to stand in front of me with a gentle expression on his face.

Axel took my hands in his, and I didn't have the heart to wrench them out of his grip. He pulled me to the bed and sat me down before kneeling in front of me.

"You can sit down. I know this is hard for you, alright? I'll do everything, you just sit down here and calm down, okay?"

I could feel my head move up and down. He caressed my cheek one more time before standing up. He began to move toward the closet and I heard him move clothes around. My knees shook in fear at the thought that Axel needed a gun for protection. What did that mean?

There I go again asking useless questions.

Soon Axel finished packing the backpack and closed the silver suitcase. He walked back in front of me with one of my long sweaters. I stood up and he helped me put it on before holding my hand. He squeezed it then let it go and went to grab the luggage. He threw the backpack over his muscled shoulder and picked up the suitcase with one hand.

I didn't know where we were going or what was going to happen. Heck, I didn't even know what just happened.

"Let's go, baby," he said, waiting for me at the door. I looked back at the room, wondering when I would come back to my lovely home that had been breached by strangers.

I grabbed my skittles bag from the wooden clustered vanity and walked to the door, where Axel stood waiting. He closed the door behind me and held my hand in his. Then we walked down the stairs. Well, I sure wasn't going to miss this.

Authors Note:

I have no idea what's happening.

*Smiles.*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5M 42.2K 39
[complete; editing, ROUGH draft] "Say something in Spanish." I snorted, "Like what?" "I don't know... I just want to hear you speak it." Our gaze sta...
1M 24.3K 26
MxMxFxMxM "It's okay to quit, mami." Elliot whispered in my ear. Shivers shot down my back as I felt him move around me. I stared ahead, my heart bea...
489 12 5
NOTE: This is only a preview of my novel His Wife which is sold on Amazon in all formats. The link to the full novel and my other novels is in my bio...
1.1M 18.1K 59
NOT A GODDAMN REVERSE HAREM! (nor is it a mafia story smh) He lightly shook his head and pressed his lips together, then, all his worry fled, leavi...