Issues

By W1LDCH1LD

Yeah, I've got issues. And one of them is how bad I need you... More

Prologue
I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XIX
XX
XXI
XXII
XXIV
XXV
XXVI
II.I
II.II
II.III
II.IV
II.V
II.VI
II.VII
II.VIII
II.IX
II.X
III.I
III.II
III.III
III.IV
III.V
III.VI
III.VII
III.VIII
III.IX
III.X
III.XI
III.XII
III.XIII
III.XIV
III.XV
IV.I
IV.II
IV.III
IV.IV
IV.V
IV.VI
IV.VII
Epilogue
Sequel!

IV.VIII

1.1K 56 14
By W1LDCH1LD

We've got love
And sure enough, that's enough

Setting: Demi and Cristo's House, Calabasas, CA

ddlovato: #tbt to Havana oo na na, and the day my husband became my personal photographer 💖

Demi watched as the post uploaded to Instagram, then proceeded to post the same picture with the same caption on her Twitter, Facebook, and Tumblr pages. She even posted it on Snapchat for good measure. She then sent Phil a "you happy?" text to get him off of her back. He had sent her a lengthy email about disappearing from the public eye and had practically begged for her to post something so that was what she had come up with. It was an old picture and her body looked amazing so that's why she had posted it. Posting one now would just lead to paparazzi swarming around her wherever she went and she just wasn't in the mood for all of that.

Speaking of her husband, Cristo came into their black and white room after she had kicked him out for wearing some God awful cologne that he had switched to because she had kept throwing up whenever he wore the last cologne he was using, holding a box from Lette Macarons in Beverly Hills. It was a little far but that was the only place she would buy her favorite French cookies from.

"Ugh, merci!" Demi moaned as he passed her the box – he was smart and got their biggest size this time – then flopped down on the bed next to her. Demi rested the box on her growing tummy and hummed in appreciation as she bit down into a vanilla cookie.

After getting married in the Palace of Versailles, for their honeymoon, Cristo had taken her to every country she had ever expressed interest in visiting. First, they started with her favorite place, Greece, then visited Kurdistan for some humanitarian work. Next was Moracco, then Tokyo where she got to meet some of Cristo's other designer friends. Next was Italy and then they finished the trip off in Cuba. Their route didn't make much sense but Cristo said that was the fun of it. Going to sleep in one country then waking up in another was an adventure.

Having sex without condoms while also avoiding birth control at all costs was another. It wasn't her wisest decision but Demi had stopped taking her birth control a few months before the wedding when she put a moratorium on sex. Since she wasn't having sex, she didn't need birth control and one of the side effects was that she gained weight like crazy anyway. Combine that with jet lag, TSA, and a whole other combination of things and Demi just forgot about it all together, which would've been fine if they weren't on their honeymoon and having sex all over the world. Demi wished she could say that she was surprised when a few weeks after they came home, she discovered she was pregnant, but she wasn't. Now four months later they were waiting to find out the gender and Demi knew that she was driving Cristo up the wall but he had promised that it would all be worth it.

"I went to see Kris today. She asked if you had any interest in eight boxes of Krispy Kremes," Cristo said, looking through something on her phone as Demi dropped a cookie back into the box and furrowed her eyebrows.

Kris could be such a weirdo. She was so excited about Demi being pregnant that when she found out, instead of buying a baby blanket like a normal person, she stocked Demi's house up with food, using the excuse that she was eating for two now. But eight boxes of Krispy Kremes? She didn't even like donuts that much.

"If she sends them over here, I'll give them to Batman," Demi joked, picking up the Buy Buy Baby catalog where she circled something new every day as Cristo chuckled.

"She also wants to know when we're going to make the announcement..." Cristo trailed off, knowing how touchy she got about the subject.

They had successfully made it through the first trimester, and their doctor had assured her that it was okay to make the announcement but Demi was still hesitant. Anything could happen, and telling the entire world about a baby and then losing the baby was the worst feeling ever. Demi should know. She had told her entire family and then she had miscarried. After something like that, people just don't know how to act around you, and that was the last thing that Demi wanted.

"Maybe we can wait until the end of the second trimester," Demi suggested, not looking up from the catalog as Cristo moved the box of macaroons and rested his hand on her stomach.

"Baby, I know you're scared but this is a happy time. We're doing everything right, you're in a much better place now, and this is something you're supposed to celebrate. You can't hide forever, Demi," Cristo coaxed as Demi released a deep sigh because she knew that he was right.

"I know, I just want everything to be okay. And if it's not okay I want us to be able to deal with it privately, not have to put out an announcement like it's a PSA or something," Demi pouted, shifting on the bed so that her back was against Cristo's chest, and she moaned as his hands rubbed at the tight skin of her stomach.

"Okay, let's compromise. We won't say anything at all but you need to leave the house. How about we take Batman and Robin for a walk? We can get froyo," Cristo teased, knowing how much Demi was obsessed with frozen yogurt at the moment.

"Hmmm...okay. I guess we can do that," Demi shrugged, but she didn't go to move. It was a Saturday afternoon which meant that paparazzi would be on high alert for any celebrity sightings, and even though Demi was more than happy to stay locked up in her house, she knew that going out would make Cristo happy. And since he had made it his life mission to make her the happiest woman alive, Demi decided that she would return the favor.

Setting: Kris's House, Calabasas, CA

"They think I got botox!" Demi cried, and even though the stupid articles that popped up when she google searched her name with the word "pregnancy" were the cause of her tears, she couldn't stop herself from continuing to scroll down the page to see what everyone was saying about her.

After getting her out of the house last weekend, Cristo actually had to travel to his warehouse in New York so Demi had decided to stay with Kris while he was away. Kris just wasn't counting on having to deal with Demi being an emotional wreck because for some reason, people online loved to make comments about pregnant women. Mean comments that made Demi cry, and even though Kris had hidden her phone last night, Demi had found it and seemed addicted to reading what people were saying about her.

"Demi, everyone knows that everything swells up when you're pregnant. It's part of the process. You would be a lot happier if you stopped reading what people have to say about you," Kris advised, but it was ignored. Demi sniffled as the rest of Kris's daughters came into the kitchens with bags from Whole Foods and Victoria's Secret.

"What are you guys doing here?"

"The question should actually be, what are you doing here? But we're here to have a sister sleepover. Mom said you're being a cry baby and we have come to take your mind off of everything for tonight!" Kendall exclaimed as Demi finally exited out of safari and locked her phone.

"I just want to go to bed," Demi groaned as Kylie rolled her eyes.

"And you can...after we put on these matching pajamas and gorge on cheeto puffs," Kim said, shoving one of the striped VS bags towards her.

"Fine," she huffed, grabbing the bag and going upstairs to change as the girls did the same. It took them a while to get settled in the basement and everything, but once they did, Demi was damn near knocked out. Kourtney wanted to watch "Breakfast at Tiffany's" and that movie always made Demi fall asleep.

Halfway through the movie, Demi felt a tap on her shoulder, and since she was in that weird state where she wasn't fully asleep but she wasn't awake either, she rolled over on the giant couch, hitting Kylie in the process, and grinned once she saw that it was Cristo. She nearly launched herself into his arms, burying her face into his neck as he wrapped his arms around her and kissed the top of her head.

"Let's go talk," Cristo whispered dropping his hand from her back so that he could grab it as Demi nodded.

The sun was almost setting, giving the house a warm glow as Cristo led her through the kitchen and out the doors to the backyard. He sat down on one of Kris's gigantic lounge chairs that overlooked the pool, so Demi laid down next to him.

"Kris told me about the articles and the comments and stuff," Cristo said, combing his fingers through Demi's scalp as she snuggled into him some more. "Why do you even look at that stuff, ma cherie?"

"It's hard not to..." Demi trailed off, sniffling as she recalled what people had been saying about her and the state of her pregnant body.

"Well, you're not going to for the rest of the time that you're pregnant. You can't let the opinions of strangers ruin this for you. Remember the song you sang at our wedding, when you said, here's my body that I'm giving to us?" Cristo reminded her as Demi slowly nodded.

"Being pregnant is such a beautiful thing, Demi. You're bringing life into this world, a life that we created out of love," Cristo said as Demi giggled.

"We created it after I stripped for you in Cuba," she recalled, causing Cristo to chuckle as well.

"My point is, you are the most beautiful woman in the world to me and I'm not going to let stupid people online bring you down. This is a good thing, ma cherie, and I just want you to be able to celebrate it," Cristo said as Demi nibbled on her bottom lip but ultimately nodded in agreement. Last time she was pregnant she had been told that she was too fucked up to keep the baby but at her last appointment her doctor told her that she and the baby were perfectly healthy. So, this really was her good thing.

"Je t'aime beaucoup, mon tout," Demi whispered, turning so that her head was resting against Cristo's chest as he leaned down to kiss her.

"Je t'aime beaucoup, l'amour de ma vie."

ddlovato: here's my body that I'm giving to us, here's my arms that I'll hold us up. (technically his arms. thanks for letting me use you as a pillow bby) #4months

Next is the epilogue 😌

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

38.9K 686 32
It all started with a DM...
63.2K 2.6K 33
losing yourself in your past makes it hard for you to see your future.
45.5K 2K 40
Sequel to Issues
14.8K 424 12
when I'm with you I feel alive