Hating Miss Popular (On hold...

By Kenzhie127

Sydney Wood was pretty hot, rich, and popular, but most students in Manhattan High hated her if not envied he... More

Author's note
Chapter two: At the enemy's lair
Chapter three:The threat
Chapter four: The stalker
Chapter five: Accident on the ramp
Chapter six: An awkward situation
Chapter seven: Mr.Pesky is on patrol 24/7
Chapter eight: Nightmare from the past
Chapter nine: Feelings in turmoil

Chapter one: Mental confusion

195 8 0
By Kenzhie127

  She's Sydney Wood, seventeen, known as the wicked bitch, wretched witch, ruthless brat, Ice Queen, mean, etc. in Manhattan High were rich kids dominate. She's gorgeous, popular, and damn wealthy. Her family is one of the richest and well-known people not only in Manhattan but almost all over America and other countries. Her mom, Jacqueline Babineaux-Wood, a beautiful french-Irish woman even at her age of forty-five, runs a worldwide famous fashion line called High Society(HS). The fashionable items are marked with high quality that defines the people in high society and the prices cost almost a fortune as what the name implies, only people with great standard and status or the elite can afford it. Her dad, on the other hand, is a shipping magnate of some famous textiles and some sort of stuffs. Well, truthfully, she doesn't know particularly about her dad's business and she doesn't give a damn care about it since she had became not well-acquainted with her dad since he and her mom got divorced when she was nine. Her dad got married again right after the divorce with some small time young businesswoman and now they have a seven year old daughter which she hates with all her might. As for her mom, she remains single but has different boyfriends occasionally. Her family is broken and so is she and that may be the reason for her eccentric personality and her hatred for boys. In fact, she doesn't have a boyfriend or rather, she never had a boyfriend in her entire existence and she wonders if she'll ever have. She's maybe pretty popular but she has no time for boys who drools over her and maybe some of them are betting whoever gets her on their bed first. Her being inexperienced and a virgin is well-known to her society of friends or so-called friends and she's not ashamed of it. In fact, she acts dignified about it that's why even though most people especially girls hate her guts, they respect her and idolize her even envy her. Who wouldn't? She's the face of some famous fashion mag covers and a model at her mom's company. There were also tons of offers from other commercial companies to make her as their endorser. She's tall with slender but curvaceous body even at her young age and a face lots of girls are envious about. She has big green eyes with thick lashes, perfectly cute pointing nose, red pouty lips, and a wavy dark brown hair that covers her oval-shaped face.

"Sydney! Wait!" Shouted a girl named, Becky Williams, the school's publication editor and the daughter of a publication company owner which is also affiliated with my mom's company and the Williams are deeply indebted to the Woods. The poor girl is running disgracefully toward me.

"Miss Wood." I corrected, looking down at her sternly. She's a short and chubby girl with freckles all over her face and a thick pair of glasses hanging on her nose. Oh! How I hated people with no sense of fashion.

"M-m-iss W-wood." She followed stuttering, feeling intimidated by my stare.

"Good. You should know, I only let people close to me call me by my first name and don't we want to keep our relationship business-like Miss Williams?" I pointed out with a cold gaze which made Becky quavered. "So, what's the fuss about?" I eyed her.

"Oh! ye-eah! The cover for the school's mag is done. Can you please check this out?" She sputtered.

I rolled my eyes and grabbed the draft for the cover of our school magazine. They're featuring me for this month's school opening and the start of my senior year and since I became the new student representative of this school. No one can question that since I'm smart and came from a prestigious family. I'm the perfect model student nobody can protest even my friends in the Elite society. They even say I'm too perfect but even I have a shady past and a dark secret that my family and I have been protecting until now. I tried not to sigh and shook off the horrible flashbacks and focused on the paper that I'm holding. It's a picture of me when I was featured in Seventeen magazine last year.

"Outstanding." I said, pushing the paper back to Becky and walked off together with my girlfriends.

"Thanks! I will publish the mag as soon as it's done!" She squeaked happily.

"Scram ugly!" I heard Lisa spat out at poor Becky. I just shook my head and continued walking to my first class. I don't wanna meddle with my girls' mean streak. I'm mean, but not too vulgar yet what's the difference when we're all the same mean wealthy girls.

======####======

"Did you know?" Lucy whispered, pouting her red painted lips. She's sitting beside me in Math class. She's quite known for spreading gossip in the whole campus even in Twitter, Facebook, and other social networking sites. Her words are like viral diseases spreading so fast like an epidemic.

"What?" I asked impassively.

"There's a new guy on campus." She started.

"So?"

"He came from LA, I heard. Just in time for class to start."

"What's so interesting about it?"

"He's the only son of a wealthy family dealing with winery in California that is and they're famous for exporting high quality wines all over the world. So, he's a goddamn heir." She said, sounding like a reporter from the Manhattan society news.

"Quit it." I said dismissively.

"No, you should hear this, Syd." She insisted." The most interesting part, I heard from a reliable source of mine that he got kicked out from school because of drugs and fighting. He's a black sheep of their family, that's the bad side, but the good side is, I heard he's dangerously hot!" Lucy snitched excitedly.

"Whatever."

"Hmp! You're no fun, Syd." She pouted.

"You should be a gossip reporter, Lucy. No offense." I sighed in boredom.

"None taken." She smirked and kept quiet when the teacher arrived.

========####=======

I'm typing something on my iPhone while walking when I hit something hard and almost lost my balance, but something or someone caught me reflexively before that even happens. I angrily looked up at whoever had bumped into me to intimidate and bawled at the unlucky person, but I was rendered speechless when I saw the guy. He was leaning at me closely, I can even smell his fresh minty breath on my face. His gray eyes are piercing through me, scanning my face, then smirked knowingly, like he knew I was captivated by him for a split second which made me disgusted and pushed him forcefully. I almost staggered by the impact. He may look like a lanky kid because of his oversized sweater, but when my hands touched his chest briefly when I pushed him, I was shocked to feel his hard muscles beneath it.

"You 'Kay?" He asked more amused than worried. I want to scream at him, but I calmed myself and gathered my composure.

"Fortunately, yes. However, please don't walk like an idiot and look where you're going. I can sue you, you know." I said in a sarcastic but business-like tone. I know it's somewhat my fault for not paying attention when I walk but I never admit to my mistakes and today is not an exception.

"Sue? For what?" He cocked his head in a mocking and challenging way.

"For almost ruining my designer clothes. These cost a fortune if you didn't know which I perfectly believe you don't." I said calmly, pointing my forefinger on my clothes but I really want to explode in his smug face.

"Well, you're better off without them anyway." He mumbled smugly.

"What?!" I burst out uncontrollably. "Y-you pervert!” I yelled incredulously and made him chuckle.

"I'm not, but I want to if it's you.” He winked. "See yah 'round, Miss Terror." He said, flashing me a taunting smile, showing his perfect white teeth, before he left. I just stood there mortified.

Did he just sexually harassed me?! That jerk! You're going to pay for this! I screamed in my head.

He is the very first person who caught me off guard and made me lose my composure. I immediately put him on my unwanted list. It's true, I was captivated by his handsome face for a swift moment, well, it's my first time admiring a guy. He is after all, very handsome and tall. His gray eyes are his asset. It's very bewitching looking at those gray specs, but I hate him nonetheless. I hate all men. I sighed and looked around if anybody had seen the tragic and horrific scene just a while ago and to my luck, none.

======####======

I was just in time for French.

"Bonjour." I greeted my french teacher with a sweet smile plastered on my face and then went to a seat at the back. A few seconds later, a tall boy entered the room nonchalantly and gave his assignment slip to our teacher. I was awestruck when I saw the cocky boy from earlier. Come to think of it, I haven't seen him on campus before not that I intend to gaze upon any guys but a handsome looking guy like him won't be left unnoticed even by me, I should admit. Is he the new student Lucy is talking about? He doesn't look dangerous though.. Hot? well.. yeah.. with his tousled wavy dark hair that looks like he just raked his fingers through it. That's hot.. His fashion statement is a big turn-off as much as his cocky personality though. I observed that almost all the girls in class appeared to be enamored by him and almost swoon on his feet. Pathetic. I thought and turned my gaze back to him and blushed irrepressibly as our eyes met. He caught me staring and saw a glint of brief surprise in his eyes but was replaced with his familiar cocky grin. I turned away disgusted to myself.

Why do I even bother giving my precious attention to him?

I held my breath when I heard him walking to my direction. I silently prayed hard that he'll not sit beside me not even near me but to my astonishment, he sat on the empty seat at my left just next to me.

How dare him sit next to me?! No one dared in this class but him!

I sighed but didn't bother to gaze or complain as to why he sat there. I just don't want to exert any energy I have on him.

"Fancy seeing you here again, Miss terror." He said grinning. I ignored him, not giving him even a tiny glance. I was thankful he didn't pursue on talking to me, but his long, slender fingers were tapping endlessly on his desk, distracting me. I glared at him indignantly.

"Stop that." I hissed softly.

"What?" He asked innocently and continued tapping. I picked up my glittered blue long pen and hit his fingers lightly.

"That." I pointed and went to listen again to the lecture.

"Ahhh.. This.." He said innocently to himself, tapping the desk again lightly. I whisked harshly to glare at him once more.

"What's your problem?" I asked as calmly as I could.

"Nah, just glad to catch your attention." He said flashing me a killer smile that almost killed me. He has the sexiest smile I have ever seen, well, I haven't been attentive toward the opposite sex except from this irritating guy so I wouldn't know, would I?

I'm Sydney Wood for crying out loud! No guy can overpass my standard. No guy can overwhelm me. I scolded myself inwardly.

I was so relieved when the bell rang. I stood up hastily, still poised, glanced at him and said;

"Don't sit here next time. Go find another one. I know you're new here but you don't wanna sit near me if you'll come to know who I am." I stated giving him my most intimidating stare, but seems like the bastard didn't even recoiled the slightest instead he smiled, a devilish smile.

"Oh, I know you too well.. Pretty harsh little thing.. But pretty nonetheless.." He murmured huskily.

"Good. Then you know damn well what I'm capable of. Stop bothering me, don't even dare glance at me." I said steely and walked off.

"Meanie. I like that." I heard him say before I was completely out of the room.

=========######=========

"Five." I heard Lisa announced while appraising a guy who passed by her way. It's lunch break and my friends are there not to eat, but to make fun of the students lower than their social status. Our school is about social status anyway.

"I'll give six for the Gucci Loafer he's wearing." Samantha critiqued, smirking. The other girls nodded in agreement. I grimaced watching them like some fashion critique skimming everyone who passes by their keen eyes. I made that game, but looking at them, doing what I'm doing and without me, irritates me. Harry had noticed my entrance, seeing my disdainful look, stood up to greet me.

"Buzz off." He hissed at the nerdy short guy who was standing in his way. The poor boy scrammed like a lost puppy. I just rolled my eyes at that.

"I love it when you do that, Princess." He said grinning.

"Princess.." I spoke of the word disgustingly. "Do I look like a princess to you?" I flared my temper at him. I'm already not in the mood since earlier and he's adding to my irritation. Harry is gorgeous, tall, blonde, rich and somewhat a friend but he's pushy. He really doesn't know when to stop. He knows that I don't like to have any relationship with any guys but, he's pushing himself to me every day he gets a chance.

"Oh bummer. I almost forgot. You're a Queen. He said emphasizing the word Queen and bowed in a sardonic way.

"Quit it." I complained nonchalantly.

"Sydney Wood, the high and mighty Queen of Manhattan High. Someday, you'll bow down to a King." He declared smugly.

"Maybe. But I'm sure you're not the King. I flashed him a bittersweet smile.

"Let's see." He mumbled. "But that's what I love about you, Syd. Feisty girls are my kinda thing after all." He smiled at me charmingly but it didn't affect me a tiny bit at all unlike that jerky guy I've just met. My thoughts were interrupted when my IPhone beeped and saw Lucy's name on the screen. She sent me a message. I glanced at her sitting together with the other girls giggling, she waved at me and motioned to check the message. I'm kinda annoyed of their actions but still I opened it. It says;

Syd, d guy I mentioned about earlier,

d dangerously hot guy, rmember?

He's here! lukin @ u!!! 12 o'clock,

near d cafeteria entrance. I envy u gurl!

I frowned and looked around the cafeteria especially at the direction Lucy stated and was surprised to meet a pair of gray eyes staring at me intently with a steely expression.

What's up with him? I wondered.

"Who's that punk?" Harry asked vindictively, getting my attention back at him.

"Huh? Who?" I asked, momentarily confused. I saw his blue eyes gone dark. Looks like he's angry about something, but I don't give a damn care.

"That out-of-place bastard." He pointed his chin in the direction I was staring not a while ago.

"Who knows, just another bastard trying to catch my attention, I guess. You should know, that's what you've been doing after all." I said smugly at him.

"That's my girl. At least, I know we're on the same page. If I can't have you, no one else can. Remember that, my Queen." He said darkly which I didn't like. Who the hell is he to threaten me? I'm Sydney Wood. No one can boss me around. I told myself but ignored Harry instead. I don't want him as an enemy. He may be obsessed of me but he can be cruel to people he hates sometimes. I'm not scared of him, just precautions won't hurt.

I just gave him a cold shrugged and went to the girls who are calling me at the moment. They're probably just wanna gossip about nonsense stuffs but I'd rather have that than to deal with stupid male testosterone.

======####======

"Damn!" I kicked the tire of my blue Audi R8 sports car. I got more irritated when I saw a scrape formed on my new Jimmy Choo leather boots.

"Ugh! These are my new favorite, damn it!" I fumed. I was about to go to my pictorial for High Society Winter catalogue--It's at seven and now it's already six twenty-five--when I got a flat tire. My mom doesn't like tardy people and that includes me. I must have hit something sharp on the road on the way. I picked up my phone and dialed my mom's number. I'll have to accept her offer now. My mom asked me earlier if I need a Limo to fetch me, but I turned down her offer since I brought a car with me today.

"Oh no.. no.. no!!!!" I screamed at my dying phone. It screamed low battery before it totally drained empty.

"Hell, just my luck." I uttered in disbelief. I don't wanna take a cab but I guess the situation didn't give me any choice. I got my stuffs and locked my car door when a sleek black Porsche 911 club coupe halted next to my car. Maybe I still have some luck today. It's probably one of my friends. I eyed the car waiting for whoever is driving it to come out instead, the passenger window slowly went down and a person I least expected or the right word is, the last person I want to see, popped his head in the open window.

"Hey, seems like you need a ride." He offered smiling.

"No, thanks. I'll take a cab." I replied dismissively.

"You sure?" He eyed me and when I didn't answer. He didn't push and started his car.

"Hope you get a cab soon." He said before he drove slowly away. He was just a few meters away when the rain started pouring.

"Really?!" I shouted, looking up. "Where the hell are those goddamn cabs?!

I'm getting wet and irritated to the fullest of my temper pedometer. I was surprised when the black Porsche reversed back to where I'm standing, dripping wet.

"Get in." He said seriously and opened the passenger side which surprised me since he's been all cocky and a pest earlier. I looked at him ready to turn him down when he spoke again.

"Don't argue, I think it'll take some time before a cab will pass this area and you know it."

"No--"

"You're all wet now. Don't be stubborn." He said, sounding annoyed. I want to kick him in the gut, but he's right and I hated it that he's right.

"C'mon, your make-up is all smeared. I don't think you want to let anyone see that, Miss Popular." He urged on, back on his cockiness again.

"Ugh! Fine!" I said, alarmed and got in his car swiftly.

"Good girl." He smiled and winked at me. I rolled my eyes at him.

"Don't ever speak about this to anyone, like ever. Hear me?" I warned him. He gestured zipping his lips and to my utter annoyance, he burst out laughing.

"Are you laughing at me?!" I hissed, taking my compact mirror out from my bag and almost yelp in horror seeing my face. My hair is a mess and my make-up was already smeared. I looked like a frigging clown.

That's why there are waterproof cosmetics, if only I knew I'm gonna be soaking wet from rain. This is my second humiliation with this unlikable guy! I castigated myself.

"Sorry. Anyway, here." He said handing me a box of tissue while trying to stop himself from laughing. I snatched it from him and started wiping the already smudge make-up off my face.

"You're welcome." He mumbled but, I just ignored him. "Name's Cole." He spoke again.

"What?"

"I said my name's Collin Harrison. Just call me Cole."

"Whatever. Just drive. I'm going to be late." I said, shaking a little. The heater in the car is on but I still feel cold because my blouse is soaking wet. To my astonishment he took off his black sweater and tossed it to me. Although he still has a shirt on, he looked sexy with just wearing that thin white v-necked shirt. It showed his toned muscled arms and chest. When I looked up at him, he was smirking. I looked away, flushed but wore his sweater without any complaints because I don't wanna freeze to death but the damn thing smelled of his cologne and it smelled good.

"So, Miss Popular knows how to blush." He teased.

"Shut up." He just chuckled.

"Where to?"

"Midtown, west 34th street."

"Up we go. By the way, you look pretty without the make-up." He complimented while starting the car.

"I know." I said with my chin up, but deep down I'm damn affected by that mere compliment.

Ugh! I hate this. I don't wanna feel this. I don't need any complications. I promise this will be the last time I'll ever talk to this bothersome guy. I reminded myself.

"I love your confidence sweetheart." He said grinning and drove the car at full speed.

The sooner I get off this car, the better...

====####====

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2K 242 45
Senior year = Drama Amelia, a mysterious high school girl with no time for boys, fun and parties had the spark stripped from her ever since her fathe...
995K 25K 61
In an instant his lips were on mine, and without even knowing how, I felt myself succumbing to him. I pulled away quickly, but both of his hands went...
4.4K 446 18
Highest rank in teen fiction - #60 His tongue trails down from my jawline towards my neck. His hands beneath my shirt trying to feel each fibre of my...
425K 7.7K 41
(Slowly re-writing) MATURE CONTENT (18+) What will your reaction. If a nerd of your college, you save from bully came out as A MAFIA BOSS....??? "...